Author Topic: Coheed and Cambria v. Second Stage  (Read 138067 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: Coheed and Cambria v. Second Stage
« Reply #1295 on: November 07, 2023, 01:14:27 PM »
The album came out in 2007... we've had a lot of time to think about this lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1296 on: November 07, 2023, 01:38:53 PM »
Just popping in to say Luke, you were right. Vaxis II is right up my street.

I haven't changed my mind about their earlier albums and I tried Vaxis I as well and it was pretty good but still lacking in punch and engaging melodies. Vaxis II is so much more enjoyable.

Was it an intentional shift in direction by Claudio? But why for act II and not the first album in this new series? Or did he just suddenly learn how to write good hooks?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1297 on: November 07, 2023, 01:41:54 PM »

I haven't changed my mind about their earlier albums and I tried Vaxis I as well and it was pretty good but still lacking in punch and engaging melodies. Vaxis II is so much more enjoyable.

Was it an intentional shift in direction by Claudio? But why for act II and not the first album in this new series? Or did he just suddenly learn how to write good hooks?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1298 on: November 07, 2023, 02:14:30 PM »

Yea, get the fuck outta this thread with talk like that. Coheed have more hooks than DTF has objective vs. subjective debates.

But yea, glad you're digging it. It is such a satisfying album and one that has shot up to become my most scrobbled, in short order.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 02:21:44 PM by twosuitsluke »

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1299 on: November 28, 2023, 05:42:43 AM »
Following the Record Store Day release on vinyl Live at the Starland Ballroom is now on all streaming services...

https://open.spotify.com/album/0jznSbE2RDsFDR0cgccWtH?si=yeuU45jjQgWiEzG2SJ2Nyw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A0jznSbE2RDsFDR0cgccWtH

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1300 on: November 29, 2023, 09:50:50 AM »
Following the Record Store Day release on vinyl Live at the Starland Ballroom is now on all streaming services...

https://open.spotify.com/album/0jznSbE2RDsFDR0cgccWtH?si=yeuU45jjQgWiEzG2SJ2Nyw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A0jznSbE2RDsFDR0cgccWtH

Oh thats cool they have a live album from my local venue, Starland.