Author Topic: IndyCar Wacky Cruise of Placid Procrastination - Back to Biz(arro)ness.  (Read 78991 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - And They're Off!
« Reply #1190 on: February 12, 2024, 02:05:29 PM »
How many times do people need to keep asking whether overtake points carry over before you start deducting their overtake points?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1191 on: February 12, 2024, 02:09:51 PM »
How many times do people need to keep asking whether overtake points carry over before you start deducting their overtake points?

4 times if they are in Hangman contention, but it becomes a 3 if I already know their song. Also, if they PM before 12:00 AM they have an extra question, given the player inside 5 places ahead hasn't asked as well. Naturally, given you have guessed your first impression inside 18 minutes from my original post ...

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1192 on: February 12, 2024, 02:11:15 PM »

4 times if they are in Hangman contention, but it becomes a 3 if I already know their song. Also, if they PM before 12:00 AM they have an extra question, given the player inside 5 places ahead hasn't asked as well. Naturally, given you have guessed your first impression inside 18 minutes from my original post ...

What :lol :rollin
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1193 on: February 12, 2024, 02:12:50 PM »

Got it, thanks.

:lol

I be am boner inducing.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1194 on: February 12, 2024, 02:15:29 PM »
Can I use those points at the McDonald's drive through, if I use the app?

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1195 on: February 12, 2024, 02:17:27 PM »

But what if I exchange my extra song for 3 Overtake Points before you hit breakfast tho? Unless the bottom player has already sent their target through a love letter and a box of chocolates, hmnnn...

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1196 on: February 12, 2024, 02:18:55 PM »
I love you guys

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1197 on: February 12, 2024, 02:19:20 PM »
Alessandro, question on the overtake points.

I have 6. Do they carry over, like if I use 2 for the guy two spots ahead of me, can I bank the other 4? Do I have to use any at all, and save all of them?

They do not carry over.

How about carrying over into someone else's roulette? I could really use them in Shadow Ninja's!

Can you lend me a few of your Pokemon Points from ariich's roulette to run through a currency exchange?  You had so many I doubt you'll even notice they're missing if I borrow a few. 

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1198 on: February 12, 2024, 02:23:41 PM »

I have 6. Do they carry over, like if I use 2 for the guy two spots ahead of me, can I bank the other 4? Do I have to use any at all, and save all of them?

They do not carry over.

How about carrying over into someone else's roulette? I could really use them in Shadow Ninja's!

Can you lend me a few of your Pokemon Points from ariich's roulette to run through a currency exchange?  You had so many I doubt you'll even notice they're missing if I borrow a few. 

Funny you should mention that, when doing my latest post-roulette update, I was reading back some of my write-ups from round 6 and ended up following through the thread into the bonus round that came after it. Lots of good feels and positive vibes, it really was so much fun doing that. Whenever my next roulette is, I'm definitely doing that again.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1199 on: February 12, 2024, 02:30:14 PM »
Can we put Caelan in the roulette hosting queue? 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1200 on: February 12, 2024, 02:39:07 PM »
Can I use those points at the McDonald's drive through, if I use the app?

My homey asking the real questions that need to be answered here...

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1201 on: February 12, 2024, 02:39:16 PM »

They do not carry over.

No fucking chance. As far as I'm concerned I have a 3 trillion point lead in Caelan's first roulette, and I ain't giving that up for no one.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1202 on: February 12, 2024, 02:44:42 PM »

They do not carry over.

No fucking chance. As far as I'm concerned I have a 3 trillion point lead in Caelan's first roulette, and I ain't giving that up for no one.
Unless Seneca plays, in which case you only have a 1 trillion point lead.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1203 on: February 12, 2024, 04:24:31 PM »
Very interesting take on Andy's tone.  I'll have to relisten with that in mind.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1204 on: February 12, 2024, 04:37:15 PM »
His tone has varied a fair amount over the years, though it's almost always quite good.  Ear X-tacy and Resolution are probably my favorites of his. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1205 on: February 12, 2024, 04:39:41 PM »
His tone has varied a fair amount over the years, though it's almost always quite good.

I think Alessandro wasn't knocking his tone in general just the lack of variation of tones within the song to explore the subject matter?  Maybe like he played the song with the volume knob on his guitar never exceeding 75%?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1206 on: February 12, 2024, 05:17:14 PM »
Getting ready for the next Bizarro!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1207 on: February 12, 2024, 05:18:57 PM »
Getting ready for the next Bizarro!

Get those 324 tabs open and ready mate.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1208 on: February 12, 2024, 05:29:20 PM »
Looking at 16/17 submissions right now, and I swear you whippersnappers are deliberately trying to make me really sweat the next Bizarro batch.

I am so proud.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1209 on: February 12, 2024, 05:36:22 PM »
His tone has varied a fair amount over the years, though it's almost always quite good.

I think Alessandro wasn't knocking his tone in general just the lack of variation of tones within the song to explore the subject matter?  Maybe like he played the song with the volume knob on his guitar never exceeding 75%?

Yeah, in regards to his writeup on the song, I think that's more or less exactly what he means.  I was just observing how it's changed a fair amount in general over the years, having freshly listened to that song.  That adage about "tone is all in the fingers" is just not true.  The origin and most important part, yes, but gear matters. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1210 on: February 12, 2024, 05:45:49 PM »

Yeah, in regards to his writeup on the song, I think that's more or less exactly what he means.  I was just observing how it's changed a fair amount in general over the years, having freshly listened to that song.  That adage about "tone is all in the fingers" is just not true.  The origin and most important part, yes, but gear matters.

I agree with this analogy to a certain extent.  I think vibrato, attack, pick control, how hard or soft you fret all of that stuff certainly plays a major part but yeah, the gear is the tools we have to take those traits and make them excel.  Still, I think if you suck and have bad musical feel and a sense of tone, no expensive gear will hide your shitty playing.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: IndyCar Wacky Races of Madness Roulette - The Grand Experiment
« Reply #1211 on: February 12, 2024, 05:51:05 PM »
^ I believe we could milk 47 pages minimum from that discussion still in the bud. My take? Ear, hands, and the way you know and use your gear.

Meanwhile, I am glad to announce all the submissions are in my mailbag and tomorrow we dine in Bizarrhell.

Again, only one song I already knew.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1212 on: February 12, 2024, 06:04:22 PM »

I agree with this analogy to a certain extent.  I think vibrato, attack, pick control, how hard or soft you fret all of that stuff certainly plays a major part but yeah, the gear is the tools we have to take those traits and make them excel.  Still, I think if you suck and have bad musical feel and a sense of tone, no expensive gear will hide your shitty playing.

Oh, absolutely.  I would just get tired of the guys on various forums and such who were effectively implying that you'll sound exactly the same on an L5 into a JC120 as on a Warlock into a Triple Rec. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1213 on: February 12, 2024, 06:06:40 PM »
Ear, hands, and the way you know and use your gear.

I don't think any of us can argue with this.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1214 on: February 12, 2024, 06:07:53 PM »
^ I believe we could milk 47 pages minimum from that discussion still in the bud. My take? Ear, hands, and the way you know and use your gear.

Meanwhile, I am glad to announce all the submissions are in my mailbag and tomorrow we dine in Bizarrhell.

Again, only one song I already knew.
I'd be surprised if you knew my song already.......it's probably the one you know....
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1215 on: February 12, 2024, 06:33:48 PM »
lonestar: Nemophila – Life: The perfect soundtrack for a Mecha Anime victory flight, and a 45rpm vinyl 1984 Indi would have given a kidney to own. Not crazy about the vocals, but I'm impressed by the self-harming way the gal is singing her heart out, thus increasing the feels factor. Why isn't this Orgasmic then? Phenomenal melodies (both vocal and lick-wise) are phenomenal, but there's only so much you can attain without substantial variation. I honestly expected crazier from a Nippon act.   

I'm going to pretend I didn't see the "not crazy about the vocals" about my current favorite vocalist.  :lol

I know she's not a technical master, but man, her tone just clicks with me so hard. Unfortunately you're adverse to orcs, which is about 70% of what she puts out, but man, when she belts a ballad like this one it just goes right to my feels.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1216 on: February 12, 2024, 06:40:16 PM »
lonestar: Nemophila – Life: The perfect soundtrack for a Mecha Anime victory flight, and a 45rpm vinyl 1984 Indi would have given a kidney to own. Not crazy about the vocals, but I'm impressed by the self-harming way the gal is singing her heart out, thus increasing the feels factor. Why isn't this Orgasmic then? Phenomenal melodies (both vocal and lick-wise) are phenomenal, but there's only so much you can attain without substantial variation. I honestly expected crazier from a Nippon act.   

I'm going to pretend I didn't see the "not crazy about the vocals" about my current favorite vocalist.  :lol

I know she's not a technical master, but man, her tone just clicks with me so hard. Unfortunately you're adverse to orcs, which is about 70% of what she puts out, but man, when she belts a ballad like this one it just goes right to my feels.

It's quite unpredictable what's going to work vocally from those bands, but she's definitely one of the better ones. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1217 on: February 12, 2024, 06:42:10 PM »

It's quite unpredictable what's going to work vocally from those bands, but she's definitely one of the better ones.

And she's such a trooper...seeing her crush it at Aftershock while almost 8 months pregnant...easily the most metal thing I've ever seen.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1218 on: February 12, 2024, 06:47:56 PM »
  I would just get tired of the guys on various forums and such who were effectively implying that you'll sound exactly the same on an L5 into a JC120 as on a Warlock into a Triple Rec.

Tell me about it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1219 on: February 12, 2024, 06:54:32 PM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1220 on: February 12, 2024, 07:12:57 PM »
  I would just get tired of the guys on various forums and such who were effectively implying that you'll sound exactly the same on an L5 into a JC120 as on a Warlock into a Triple Rec.

Tell me about it.

I'm so behind on my gear, I have no fucking idea what any of those are.  :lol

I certainly try and rely on 'tone is in the fingers,' cause my gear is old and shit.  Guitar, lead, amp, go.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1221 on: February 12, 2024, 07:15:48 PM »
"You all grind my gears."  - King Griffin.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1222 on: February 12, 2024, 07:16:17 PM »
Just how far behind are you, that's not new stuff.  :p .  Gibson L-5 hollowbody, Roland Jazz-Chorus 120, B.C. Rich Warlock, Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1223 on: February 12, 2024, 07:23:05 PM »
The only thing I picked up on initially was Warlock, which I never owned because they looked fucking stupid.  Was never a BC Rich fan.

I was just never a big effects guy.  I have a couple of pedals and a wah, but they are collecting dust.  I'm so fucking lazy.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1224 on: February 12, 2024, 07:33:00 PM »
Ah, though the JC120 is actually an amp, and used much more widely than just for jazz.