Author Topic: The UFO Discography And Listening Party Thread  (Read 150094 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The UFO Discography And Listening Party Thread
« Reply #2975 on: May 07, 2022, 12:48:05 PM »
He shot the shit with me for about 15 minutes on the sidewalk outside Irving Plaza after the first Fest show there.

You were kind to give him 15 minutes of your time Bill.  I hope he appreciated it.

He appreciated the time I'm sure. He probably just didn't appreciate not getting a word in edgewise.

In the Midst of Beauty.  :lol

What an atrocious album.  Halfway through I almost turned it off.  No Schenker magic can save this steaming pile of shit.  Although, the five song run from Wings of Emotion to I Am the One was a bit better, there were some cool moments in there. These were palatable, but what's the fucking point when you're buried in shit?!  But then after those songs it finishes with Ride on My Way. WTF is this?  :rollin

I had to laugh at the first song City Lights.  Did Schenker sit down with Gary and say, "Hey Gary, remember On and On, that was a great song.  Let's rip that song off yet water it down, take all the balls, crunch and sense of melody out of it, see what's left and we'll use it as the opener.  I'll play the same solos at least to make it sound passable.  Oh, and when you sing the chorus, do it as soon as you wake up from a 12 hour sleep."

Seriously, I can't fucking stand Barden.  What a boring, plain, generic, stale fucking vocalist he is.  The dude wouldn't know personality if it bit him on the dick.

Competition, what the fucking fuck kind of Hillary Duff kind of shit is this?  The fuck is that chorus, seriously?!  I think I'll stop now.  What a waste of $25 this CD was.  I wish I never unwrapped it.  Maybe I'm just being harsh.......nah, I don't have time for this shit, Schenker is better than this, Barden though, is not.

I told you it blows.  :lol

It is literally one of the worst, if not The Worst album in his catalog. Barden sounds horrendous. I put it on last night while we were talking, and as soon as he started singing the first song, I knew you'd probably last 30 seconds. The production is quite punchless as well, and I've never been a fan of Simon Philips' pitter patter drum style.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2976 on: May 07, 2022, 04:27:15 PM »
I get what you mean with the production, but I didn't have that much of a problem with it.  But damn, I could have turned it off halfway through that first song, Barden is laughable on this album. 

I do believe that Barden has reached the same level of reverence with Kade as Del Vecchio and Issa. Rarefied air up (down?) there.  :lol

I actually knew this comment was probably going to come as I was typing.  :lol  To be fair, on the old stuff, I've said during the thread that I'm not a fan but I didn't really have an issue with him on those old albums but flat out sucks here.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2977 on: May 07, 2022, 04:30:04 PM »
Yeah, it's embarrassing, really. And he's awful on the two Fest albums. His songs are easily the worst.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2978 on: May 07, 2022, 04:31:44 PM »
Yeah, it's embarrassing, really. And he's awful on the two Fest albums. His songs are easily the worst.

I remember liking one of his songs on Resurrection quite a bit but yeah, he's up against it with the other singers for sure.  Dude's punched above his weight his whole career.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #2979 on: May 08, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »

In the Midst of Beauty.  :lol

What an atrocious album.  Halfway through I almost turned it off.  No Schenker magic can save this steaming pile of shit.  Although, the five song run from Wings of Emotion to I Am the One was a bit better, there were some cool moments in there. These were palatable, but what's the fucking point when you're buried in shit?!  But then after those songs it finishes with Ride on My Way. WTF is this?  :rollin

I had to laugh at the first song City Lights.  Did Schenker sit down with Gary and say, "Hey Gary, remember On and On, that was a great song.  Let's rip that song off yet water it down, take all the balls, crunch and sense of melody out of it, see what's left and we'll use it as the opener.  I'll play the same solos at least to make it sound passable.  Oh, and when you sing the chorus, do it as soon as you wake up from a 12 hour sleep."

Seriously, I can't fucking stand Barden.  What a boring, plain, generic, stale fucking vocalist he is.  The dude wouldn't know personality if it bit him on the dick.

Competition, what the fucking fuck kind of Hillary Duff kind of shit is this?  The fuck is that chorus, seriously?!  I think I'll stop now.  What a waste of $25 this CD was.  I wish I never unwrapped it.  Maybe I'm just being harsh.......nah, I don't have time for this shit, Schenker is better than this, Barden though, is not.

I told you it blows.  :lol

It is literally one of the worst, if not The Worst album in his catalog. Barden sounds horrendous. I put it on last night while we were talking, and as soon as he started singing the first song, I knew you'd probably last 30 seconds. The production is quite punchless as well, and I've never been a fan of Simon Philips' pitter patter drum style.

In the Midst of Excrement?

That was the first Schenker album I had bought since Save Yourself, and it was the reason I didn’t buy another Schenker album until Bridge the Gap. So bad  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2980 on: May 08, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »
Haha yep.  Thank God he cleaned his ears out, got Doogie and added some balls for Bridge the Gap.  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2981 on: May 09, 2022, 07:34:43 AM »
He shot the shit with me for about 15 minutes on the sidewalk outside Irving Plaza after the first Fest show there.

You were kind to give him 15 minutes of your time Bill.  I hope he appreciated it.

HAHAHAHA, that made me laugh out loud.  :) :) :) :)

He asked me about the weather in Philly (their next stop on that tour), so maybe he DOES owe me.  :)   What am I, a fuckin' weatherman?!?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 07:17:53 AM by Stadler »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2982 on: May 09, 2022, 07:17:26 PM »

HAHAHAHA, that made me laugh out loud.  :) :) :) :)

He asked me about the weather in Philly (their next stop on that tour), so maybe he DOES own me.  :)   What am I, a fuckin' weatherman?!?

WTF?!  :lol  Just check your phone for the weather you dickhead.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2983 on: May 11, 2022, 03:33:21 PM »
https://youtu.be/l1xgr-QUczw

Part of a recent MSG show.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2984 on: May 11, 2022, 03:39:15 PM »
https://youtu.be/l1xgr-QUczw

Part of a recent MSG show.

Awesome Paul. Watching now.

There's been some pretty good footage coming out of Europe. Robin is crushing it.
So glad Red Sky is in the set. Sems like they've picked up the pace on it since the beginning of this leg.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2985 on: May 14, 2022, 06:40:06 PM »
Hmmm......I have Temple of Rock still in its wrapping also.  The cover is fucking hysterical.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2986 on: May 14, 2022, 06:41:15 PM »
Hmmm....Michael Voss sings on this one.  He's not much better than Barden......

A host of stars on this one though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2987 on: May 14, 2022, 06:46:05 PM »
Hmmm......I have Temple of Rock still in its wrapping also.  The cover is fucking hysterical.  :lol

This was Michael trying to give Pete a chance. He formed a band with Way, Rarebell, and Voss. I remember the announcement, and even started a thread here on it. They had released a video to Saturday Night. A song that blows, and the video was even more lame.
Eventually, it was released under Schenker's name.

I ain't gonna lie. This album is disappointing. I haven't spun it properly since its release. it is better than In The Midst Of Beauty. Doogie on one track and Robin on another. But this album pretty much blows.  Listen at your own risk.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2988 on: May 14, 2022, 06:48:00 PM »

This was Michael trying to give Pete a chance. He formed a band with Way, Rarebell, and Voss. I remember the announcement, and even started a thread here on it. They had released a video to Saturday Night. A song that blows, and the video was even more lame.
Eventually, it was released under Schenker's name.

I ain't gonna lie. This album is disappointing. I haven't spun it properly since its release. it is better than In The Midst Of Beauty. Doogie on one track and Robin on another. But this album pretty much blows.  Listen at your own risk.

I'd fucking hope so!  :lol

Alright, I'll give it a go, I paid for it I guess.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2989 on: May 14, 2022, 07:03:21 PM »
Intro - Can't help but to feel this is an over dramatic intro for what the album is going to be.  Lol, Shatner.

How Long - This is okay.  Can't help but to think it would be better without these weak ass vocals, but Schenker rips on the solos here.  The chorus is a bit crud but I can handle it.

Fallen Angel - Right off the bat......uhh....fuck.  The verses almost make me vomit, the lyrics also, what the fuck?!  Skip to the solo.......okay, fuck off to this song.

Hanging On - I know this one from the Live in Europe release.  It's a cool song, but I'd take the live version with Doogie every day of the fucking week.  Fuck, this guy might be more annoying than Barden.

The End of An Era - Meh, this is passable but underwhelming.  Nice little mid section from Schenker here.  Nice touch with the key solo.  Iron Maiden vibes in this instrumental section.

We'll keep going...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2990 on: May 14, 2022, 07:10:29 PM »
Intro - Can't help but to feel this is an over dramatic intro for what the album is going to be.  Lol, Shatner.

How Long - This is okay.  Can't help but to think it would be better without these weak ass vocals, but Schenker rips on the solos here.  The chorus is a bit crud but I can handle it.

Fallen Angel - Right off the bat......uhh....fuck.  The verses almost make me vomit, the lyrics also, what the fuck?!  Skip to the solo.......okay, fuck off to this song.

Hanging On - I know this one from the Live in Europe release.  It's a cool song, but I'd take the live version with Doogie every day of the fucking week.  Fuck, this guy might be more annoying than Barden.

The End of An Era - Meh, this is passable but underwhelming.  Nice little mid section from Schenker here.  Nice touch with the key solo.  Iron Maiden vibes in this instrumental section.

We'll keep going...

Kind of listening along with you.

The End Of And Era is probably one of the best songs here. I just like stuff to be upbeat. He throws everything into that last solo.

You're right about How Long. Needs a real vocalist.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2991 on: May 14, 2022, 07:12:57 PM »

We'll keep going...

Kind of listening along with you.

The End Of And Era is probably one of the best songs here. I just like stuff to be upbeat. He throws everything into that last solo.

You're right about How Long. Needs a real vocalist.

Haha nice mate.  Yeah, maybe I was a bit harsh with End of An Era, it was quite decent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2992 on: May 14, 2022, 07:13:19 PM »
Miss Claustrophobia - This is pretty okay.  Bit more metal this one.  Again, would have been quite excellent with better vocals, not this sissy.  Although there's too many syllables when he says the title of the song.  That's fucking weird.

With You - Love this intro.  Great to hear Schenker play this bluesy stuff.  He fucking nails it too.  Ah fuck.....then the vocals come in.  Fuck this guy is horseshit.  Sounds like he's been castrated.  Had to skip to the solo.  Should have been an instrumental.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - Obviously know this one from the live release.  Amazing what a proper powerful voice can do.  Easily the strongest song so far.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2993 on: May 14, 2022, 07:20:16 PM »
Miss Claustrophobia - This is pretty okay.  Bit more metal this one.  Again, would have been quite excellent with better vocals, not this sissy.  Although there's too many syllables when he says the title of the song.  That's fucking weird.

With You - Love this intro.  Great to hear Schenker play this bluesy stuff.  He fucking nails it too.  Ah fuck.....then the vocals come in.  Fuck this guy is horseshit.  Sounds like he's been castrated.  Had to skip to the solo.  Should have been an instrumental.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - Obviously know this one from the live release.  Amazing what a proper powerful voice can do.  Easily the strongest song so far.

Agreed on all points, Kade. Dead on. With You would've been a great instrumental. Miss Claustrophobia would've been better with an actual singer and a new title.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2994 on: May 14, 2022, 07:23:55 PM »
Storming In - Hey, this one is pretty good.  Once it gets going around 1:30 with the simple Priest/Maiden style riff, it turns into some cool shit.  I actually don't mind Voss on this one.  Schenker of course rips over this groove too.  Some nice note selections, and a some little chromatic things in there too, very cool.  Great song.

Scene of Crime - Was about to skip then a cool riff comes in, okay, I'll wait it out.  Err...what a strange verse.  I like the riff but not keen on the back and forth between the styles in the verse.  Some interesting stuff again in this solo makes me want to hang around, but then that damn verse comes back.  Cringey as fuck.

Saturday Night -  The title has me scared before it even starts.   :lol  Or is it Rock You Like A Hurricane?  No, that's a good song, this is a fucking piece of shit.  Rebecca Black must have written these fucking lyrics, what the fuck?!!?  Fucking atrocious!  Skip. :rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2995 on: May 14, 2022, 07:30:27 PM »
Lover's Sinfony - Okay, a better vocalist.  Unfortunately, the song is another steaming fucking turd.  Skip.  How disappointing.

Speed - Pretty generic from the get go, again crap lyrics, crap vocals.  It's better than the last few, but not by much.  Skipping.

How Long (3 guitar battle) - What a complete waste how Amott and West were used.  Should have traded off during the solo sections, not the back end of the song with that tempo, disappointed.

Remember - Skip.

Yeah, pretty crap.  You'd make a case for an 8 track album, but it's a stretch.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2996 on: May 14, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »
Well, I hope you feel better. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2997 on: May 14, 2022, 07:39:33 PM »
I'm a bit sad actually.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2998 on: May 14, 2022, 07:43:38 PM »
I remember being really excited when it came out. I was so disappointed. Because of it, I skipped Bridge The Gap for a while. I don't remember what eventually turned me on to it, but I know it wasn't right away.

Yeah, Michael Voss blows vocally. Such a wimp.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2999 on: May 14, 2022, 07:52:44 PM »
Fucking pansy!  :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3000 on: May 14, 2022, 10:13:23 PM »
I remember this being dragged pretty hard during the listening party so I never bothered. Of course, In The Midst Of Beauty must have been dragged and I somehow enjoy that album. No accounting for taste, I guess.  :biggrin:
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3001 on: May 15, 2022, 04:47:24 AM »
I remember this being dragged pretty hard during the listening party so I never bothered. Of course, In The Midst Of Beauty must have been dragged and I somehow enjoy that album. No accounting for taste, I guess.  :biggrin:

I'd probably take Temple of Rock over Beauty, just, but both are atrocious in my book.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3002 on: May 22, 2022, 07:14:16 PM »
Just saw that High Stakes is getting re-released along with the Lights Out In Tokyo live album as a package deal.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Stakes-Dangerous-Lights-Tokyo/dp/B09ZYBQB4C/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3003 on: May 22, 2022, 07:32:29 PM »
Just saw that High Stakes is getting re-released along with the Lights Out In Tokyo live album as a package deal.

Nice. Unfortunately it doesn’t include the version of Long Gone that this lineup did.

The Lights Out In Tokyo is awesome. I hit this hard in the thread. It sounds amazing and it’s a spirited performance. Everything is very uptempo. It has one of my favorite versions of Love To Love. Lawrence Archer absolutely slays!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3004 on: May 22, 2022, 07:39:03 PM »

I have the original called One of Those Nights.  Has half that Tokyo concert and seven songs from a Texas gig in 1979.  Weird package.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3005 on: May 22, 2022, 11:00:10 PM »
And I found a Waysted box coming out. Funny, as I cannot find a Volume 1 anywhere (which I would buy in a heartbeat), but whatever. Not interested in Wilderness of Mirrors as that is supposed to be a demos thing. Curious as to the sound of the live records. Then I think I really only liked 1 of the remaining 2 studio albums. I'll see what this costs over here before possibly buying this.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/waysted-heroes-die-young-waysted-volume-2-2000-2007-5cd-box/

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3006 on: May 23, 2022, 04:43:35 AM »
And I found a Waysted box coming out. Funny, as I cannot find a Volume 1 anywhere (which I would buy in a heartbeat), but whatever. Not interested in Wilderness of Mirrors as that is supposed to be a demos thing. Curious as to the sound of the live records. Then I think I really only liked 1 of the remaining 2 studio albums. I'll see what this costs over here before possibly buying this.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/waysted-heroes-die-young-waysted-volume-2-2000-2007-5cd-box/

Does Chapman play on these 2 albums?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3007 on: May 23, 2022, 07:15:08 AM »
Chapman only plays on Wilderness Of Mirrors. In fact, he was behind its release when it came out. It’s basically the Save Your Prayers album. It’s better than demo quality. I bought it on CD because Save Your Prayers was not available for the longest time.

The reformed Waysted albums have Robin George, who was brought in at the last minute. I believe the erased Paul’s original tracks on the reunion album.

I remember he was quite pissed and had even posted HIS versions of some of the tracks on his website.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3008 on: May 23, 2022, 04:56:13 PM »
Solved my early Waysted problem. I already had the Vices remaster. I found a release on Discogs that has The Good, The Bad, The Waysted and the Waysted EP plus Ball and Chain all in one set.

Listed in Near Mint condition for $20. I doubt I will ever come across a deal like that again so I snapped it up.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3009 on: May 23, 2022, 05:04:43 PM »
Chapman only plays on Wilderness Of Mirrors. In fact, he was behind its release when it came out. It’s basically the Save Your Prayers album. It’s better than demo quality. I bought it on CD because Save Your Prayers was not available for the longest time.

The reformed Waysted albums have Robin George, who was brought in at the last minute. I believe the erased Paul’s original tracks on the reunion album.

I remember he was quite pissed and had even posted HIS versions of some of the tracks on his website.

Hmmm.......not sure I'd fork money for this one then.  I've never really been big on demos.