Author Topic: The UFO Discography And Listening Party Thread  (Read 142735 times)

devieira73 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Zoom E

Re: The UFO Discography And Listening Party Thread
« Reply #3045 on: September 02, 2022, 04:56:30 PM »
I read about this on Facebook earlier and thought of you, TAC.

Base on Phil's lifestyle, this isn’t surprising, and thankfully he came through it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3046 on: September 02, 2022, 06:56:46 PM »
I read about this on Facebook earlier and thought of you, TAC.

Base on Phil's lifestyle, this isn’t surprising, and thankfully he came through it.

:tup

I can't believe the guy was even taking the stage.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3047 on: September 03, 2022, 12:39:04 AM »
Let's hope that Phil recover soon.
Today at Rock in Rio, at Metal Allegiance's show, Josh Bush was wearing a UFO Last Orders tour shirt.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3048 on: September 03, 2022, 06:30:31 AM »
WOW!

https://bravewords.com/news/ufo-singer-phil-mogg-suffers-heart-attack-october-tour-dates-cancelled

The thing is, those October dates were to be the final dates for the band, as Phil was officially retiring.
UFO may have played their final show...

Ah that sucks.  I hope he recovers quick though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3049 on: September 03, 2022, 09:10:39 AM »
Probably in my top three bands I wish I'd seen over the years. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3050 on: September 03, 2022, 09:14:29 AM »

They/ we were in your backyard a couple of years ago!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3051 on: September 03, 2022, 09:16:52 AM »

They/ we were in your backyard a couple of years ago!!

I know!  Opportunity lost.   :tdwn

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #3052 on: September 03, 2022, 11:03:07 AM »

Same for me. They’ve never played in my city as long as I’ve been a fan. I think they played here in the 70s.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3053 on: October 05, 2022, 08:18:41 AM »
And I found a Waysted box coming out. Funny, as I cannot find a Volume 1 anywhere (which I would buy in a heartbeat), but whatever. Not interested in Wilderness of Mirrors as that is supposed to be a demos thing. Curious as to the sound of the live records. Then I think I really only liked 1 of the remaining 2 studio albums. I'll see what this costs over here before possibly buying this.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/waysted-heroes-die-young-waysted-volume-2-2000-2007-5cd-box/

Totally forgot about this and grabbed it for less that $30. Been shipped and waiting for it. Have had a rough time lately and didn't even think about it, just pulled the trigger. Usually how I deal with bad stuff, I binge purchase music. Not a bad way to deal with it. There are worse ways.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3054 on: October 05, 2022, 09:45:12 AM »
And I found a Waysted box coming out. Funny, as I cannot find a Volume 1 anywhere (which I would buy in a heartbeat), but whatever. Not interested in Wilderness of Mirrors as that is supposed to be a demos thing. Curious as to the sound of the live records. Then I think I really only liked 1 of the remaining 2 studio albums. I'll see what this costs over here before possibly buying this.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/waysted-heroes-die-young-waysted-volume-2-2000-2007-5cd-box/

Totally forgot about this and grabbed it for less that $30. Been shipped and waiting for it. Have had a rough time lately and didn't even think about it, just pulled the trigger. Usually how I deal with bad stuff, I binge purchase music. Not a bad way to deal with it. There are worse ways.

HAHA, you and me both. You can go in my Discogs purchase history and basically see what my moods were like for various weeks.  :)

My dad passed and I soon became the owner of the Beatles White Album and Let It Be deluxe sets.  :) 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3055 on: October 05, 2022, 10:00:42 AM »

You deserve a distraction, man.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3056 on: October 05, 2022, 04:29:00 PM »

Nice.  You owe it to yourself mate.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3057 on: October 11, 2022, 05:11:50 PM »
New album from Vinnie Moore coming!
https://bravewords.com/news/ufo-guitarist-vinnie-moore-to-release-double-exposure-album-in-november

Going to be half vocals half instrumental. One of the vocalists is ex Riot singer Mike DiMeo. Nice!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3058 on: October 11, 2022, 05:13:46 PM »
New album from Vinnie Moore coming!
https://bravewords.com/news/ufo-guitarist-vinnie-moore-to-release-double-exposure-album-in-november

Going to be half vocals half instrumental. One of the vocalists is ex Riot singer Mike DiMeo. Nice!!!

This does indeed sound interesting.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3059 on: December 29, 2022, 04:04:10 PM »
Metallica does It's Killing Me.

https://youtu.be/W1nFLOvyDRU
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3060 on: December 29, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »

That's a deep cut. I dig this version. The pro shot footage and sound is much improved over the bootleg.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3061 on: December 29, 2022, 04:08:36 PM »

That's a deep cut. I dig this version. The pro shot footage and sound is much improved over the bootleg.

You beat me in the Metallica thread. Kudos to Lars for bringing a deep cut.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3062 on: December 29, 2022, 04:09:52 PM »
I thought about updating this thread, so thank you for me not shamelessly having to do so.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3063 on: December 29, 2022, 04:51:05 PM »

Wow, interesting song choice.  The Wild, The Willing and the Innocent is a fabulous album.

EDIT:  Just realised how late I am with this.  Probably should check the Metallica thread more often lol.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3064 on: January 30, 2023, 10:56:36 PM »
Browsing Amazon and I notice that Walk On Water and Werewolves Of London are getting re-released. Says Walk On Water is a remaster. I'm curious as to the sound of the live show. Interested in picking that up. Who knows, I might even grab the remaster of Walk as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Water-UFO/dp/B0BQZ7NDWZ/

https://www.amazon.com/Werewolves-London-UFO/dp/B0BPYQMKNC/

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3065 on: January 31, 2023, 03:20:08 AM »
There's a decent boot of that Warewolves show on YouTube I'm sure.

There's nothing wrong with how WOW sounds though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3066 on: January 31, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »
If memory services, WoW has been out of print for some time. It's pretty hard to find.  That's a steal for what is my favorite of the Schenker reunion CDs (there are three, I think).  The opening track and the last track are about as good as UFO gets for me.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3067 on: January 31, 2023, 01:00:18 PM »
If memory services, WoW has been out of print for some time. It's pretty hard to find.  That's a steal for what is my favorite of the Schenker reunion CDs (there are three, I think).  The opening track and the last track are about as good as UFO gets for me.

It has. I had to pick up an expensive used copy off of Discogs back when we were doing the listening party. All in all, I think I got a nice copy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3068 on: January 31, 2023, 01:11:55 PM »
If Walk On Water is being made available again, great! I'm not sure how or why they'd do anything with the sound, because IMO it's the best sounding album in their catalog.

The Werewolves show is excellent, BUT my biggest complaint is that Paul Raymond's rhythm guitar parts as practically inaudible. It's actually distracting. His keyboard parts are mixed properly, but I have always thought that all but erasing Paul's rhythm parts were done to appease Schenker. So far they've released Only You Can Rock me, but Paul is on keys for that. I'd be interested to compare and see if there is any change.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3069 on: January 31, 2023, 03:44:40 PM »
I actually picked up WOW during the listening party from a CD store about 45 minutes away from me second hand.  It was like $30 second hand, but the condition was like new.  Couldn't believe I saw it sitting there, bonus tracks and all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3070 on: January 31, 2023, 03:45:26 PM »
If Walk On Water is being made available again, great! I'm not sure how or why they'd do anything with the sound, because IMO it's the best sounding album in their catalog.

The Werewolves show is excellent, BUT my biggest complaint is that Paul Raymond's rhythm guitar parts as practically inaudible. It's actually distracting. His keyboard parts are mixed properly, but I have always thought that all but erasing Paul's rhythm parts were done to appease Schenker. So far they've released Only You Can Rock me, but Paul is on keys for that. I'd be interested to compare and see if there is any change.

Was there an official release of this live show already?  I can't recall from the thread.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3071 on: January 31, 2023, 03:57:21 PM »
I'm kind of surprised I didn't mention it, actually. I kind of ignore it though for the reason stated. It just feels so unbalanced without Paul's rhythm track.

I did mention it once in this post from The UFO Thread..

I always thought that the live "sound board" cuts on the end of Covenant were pretty good considering they weren't touched up, and are somewhat poorly EQ'd. There's mistakes here and there, but they have a lot of energy.

Cool stuff. Much better than Werewolves Of London where they basically turn Paul Raymond's guitar down to nothing.

I listened to some of it today. It was a Zoom Club records release. Not as bad as I remembered. If they can improve the sound a bit, I may re-buy it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3072 on: January 31, 2023, 04:02:17 PM »
Nice, I thought you may not have really brought it up.

With that quote too, I got the 2CD edition of Covenant and I quite enjoyed that live CD also.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3074 on: June 01, 2023, 07:10:18 PM »
Sounds like things didn't end on a positive note.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3075 on: June 01, 2023, 07:17:30 PM »
Even now, I don't think Schenker is the easiest to work with, but it sounds like he wants do his own thing. I'm surprised he didn't get the Tolkii Strato gig. :lol

Online devieira73

« Reply #3076 on: June 01, 2023, 08:15:00 PM »
On UFO camp, some news from Phil on Facebook (May 22):

"An update from Mr. Mogg.
Dear Listeners
I hope all’s well out there in rock land, I have attached a picture of what you might call a cunning plan...
These are replacement Moggs in case anything might go wrong with future plans - and apart from the hair, which appears to have grown back (thanks to Marmite) I think I can pull it off. The crowd of actors that are assembled here go under the name of The Saltdean Gardeners and all have had extensive acting training, as you would expect, from anyone joining the UFO drama club.
On another note, the new opus (album) I have been working on with what can only be described as a colourful crew, is nearly complete, thanks to the dedicated work of five professional London criminals, well, musicians actually (I was just trying to spice it up a bit), their true identities being revealed asap, probably in the Daily Enquirer. It should be on your desks by September, accompanied by a movie called the The Making Of... which should take all of five minutes with all that rock guff about how difficult life has been, and how we have suffered with drug and alcohol abuse etc etc, you know, the usual stuff... oh I nearly forgot about the over-sexed groupies, ahhhh you couldn’t make it up (oh yes I can!)
Well I’ll love you and leave you, and until we meet again, just remember the old song, Let's all go down The Strand, have a banana.
Phil"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:23:23 PM by devieira73 »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3077 on: June 02, 2023, 06:14:56 AM »
??   Was that in English?   :)

Online devieira73

« Reply #3078 on: June 02, 2023, 08:54:58 AM »
Maybe a drunk post?!  :D :D
But it seems like it will be some new music soon. There's even a picture of the guys wearing Phil Moggs masks on the subway! :laugh:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3079 on: June 06, 2023, 12:48:33 PM »
was spinning LIGHTS OUT  last night   still a very very fine album
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"