Author Topic: DT15: A View From The Top Of The World (Timeline for DT15)  (Read 358678 times)

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
That's not a Fast Times avatar!

It's the April 1987 Metal Hammer cover with Helloween's Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen on the cover.

Oh my god, I had that issue!

That issue changed my musical life forever.

I have really strong memories of it. Must have been about my first one. Also had an issue of Mega Metal Kerrang some the time that made a big Impression too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It's the April 1987 Metal Hammer cover with Helloween's Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen on the cover.

Oh my god, I had that issue!

That issue changed my musical life forever.

I have really strong memories of it. Must have been about my first one. Also had an issue of Mega Metal Kerrang some the time that made a big Impression too.

We used to get the Kerrang around here periodically. I think when I saw this Metal Hammer issue at a friend's house, it was the first time I'd seen one.

In college, I found a place in Providence that sold both regularly.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online pg1067

Well...how 'bout that?   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Wait..you're a Keepers fan. D'uh. If I remembered that when I posted it would've been way more snarky. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online pg1067

Wait..you're a Keepers fan. D'uh. If I remembered that when I posted it would've been way more snarky. :lol

I mean...I'm a Keepers fan with bad eyes and without my reading glasses, and who didn't exactly pause to study it.  And, even if I hadn't thought it was Spicoli, I wouldn't have recognized them without enlarging the picture quite a lot.  But I'll take all the snark I'm due.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Your snark can be found in the Appetite thread. ;D

Offline nikatapi

When do you think we could get an announcement of the album title, tracklist, artwork etc?

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
When do you think we could get an announcement of the album title, tracklist, artwork etc?

Well, we had 3 video clues in 7 days covering the catalog up to SC, from 10.07 to 17.07.
With 5 albums left, we can expect two more videos, and following the path both of those should be published by this week.
Can we expect the album title tracklist and artwork by the end of this little game? I guess so, so i would say that maybe next week, if not some days earlier, could be the right time. 

Offline IDontNotDoThings

Following the pattern so far, I think it's safe to assume we'll get a snippet of the cover at the end of the fifth video. Perhaps we could even get the whole cover, in which case we'd probably be able to see the title.
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline the_silent_man

One thing I've noticed. People say we've seen the cover with that boulder stuck on the cliff that seems to have the DT font at the top of the image.
It looks as if there's another image that has the DT logo/text. The one with the sky and metal viewfinder? On the last 2 videos. Or are my eyes decieving me?

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
One thing I've noticed. People say we've seen the cover with that boulder stuck on the cliff that seems to have the DT font at the top of the image.
It looks as if there's another image that has the DT logo/text. The one with the sky and metal viewfinder? On the last 2 videos. Or are my eyes decieving me?
I saw that too (as others - It think it has been commented here). So I think we still don't have a "proof" of the actual cover.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline gzarruk

I don't know if I'm thinking too much, but I'll say it anyway: I had the impression that the videos have been released in intervals around 80 hours from each other, which it could already indicate the total time of the album, if we consider that the hours represents minutes (kind of what Captain Kirk did on Wrath of Khan ;D). If this is correct, the next video will be released not on monday, but on tuesday and the last, on friday.

If this theory ends up being tue, then by this friday we should have, at least, a small taste of the new cover + the whole tracklist in abbreviations. I'd say we get some audio snippets next week and the full announcement + possible first single the fist few days of August.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
After I made that post, I checked when the videos were uploaded on DT world's Facebook and, although indeed  it had a bit more than 72h between them, it wasn't the same time interval. So I guess it was just a casual delay in the next video that they are releasinga at 3 days period. I think we'll have another one today.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart
Assuming that the last slide with the initials hints at new songs, it's time to start guessing song titles:
... continued from above:

TA = Troll Arithmetic 09:32
ATC = Agitated Tentacle Clowns 07:35
IM = Incontinent Manatee 06:02
SG = Squid Gymnastics 10:05
TT = Them Titties 6:25
ATM = About That Mold... 9:47

I can already tell it's going to be an album full of deep and personal lyrics.
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Assuming that the last slide with the initials hints at new songs, it's time to start guessing song titles:

"Against The Mold" actually sounds like a title they'd use.

Longer songs this time around, it seems... :corn
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

Lyrics by Myung.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
The new song titles are just reused from past song/album titles with slight modifications.  :o  :o  :o

TA: The Astonishing
ATC: About To Crash
IM: Iew Millennium
SG: Status Geeker
TT: Train Thought
ATM: About To Mrash

Offline Enigmachine

I'll take a guess and see how close I get:

1. The Artisan 9:32
2. Along the Crevices 7:35
3. In Memory 6:02
4. Solar Glare 10:05
5. Transparent Tears 6:25
6. At This Monument 9:47

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain

pls be real
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Kyo

• Myung at Heart

Lyrics by Myung.

Quite possibly, would make for a similarly, uhm, touching spiritual successor to Learning to Live.
"Freedom in the 21st Century means being incommunicado."

Offline darkshade

Take Time

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?

Offline Chomesuque

TA is obviously Tethered Angel. Unfortunately, they did not set her free  :'(
She learned to detach from herself
A behaviour that kept her alIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIve

Offline RMGadelha

• Language nerd
  • Блин...

Nice first post, lol. Welcome!

Offline Chomesuque

Nice first post, lol. Welcome!

Thanks! I've been reading you guys for a while, but I thought DT15 was a great opportunity to jump on the bandwagon
She learned to detach from herself
A behaviour that kept her alIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIve

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Take That

Offline lucasembarbosa

• Pale Rider of No Tomorrow
Maybe they'll skip the new video for today (it's already Tuesday in Portugal) and present the two remaining videos Wednesday and Friday with the fifth video - revealing the album title, cover, tracklist, etc. Just a hunch.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I'll give a stab at it

TA= Theoretical Analysis
ATC= Antagonize The Chaos
IM= Immobilized Manipulation
SG= Secret Garden
TT= Tantalizing Theatrics
ATM= Absolute Time Machine
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Setlist Scotty

noxon had shared these with me in confidence, but I never promised that I wouldn't share them with others, so here are the song titles:

TA= Theoretical Abacus
ATC= Apocryphal Tortilla Control
IM= Insidious Mouton
SG= Septic Guacamole
TT= Tyrannical Trousers
ATM= Ancillary Toad Mechanics
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline gzarruk

The new song titles are just reused from past song/album titles with slight modifications.  :o  :o  :o

TA: The Astonishing
ATC: About To Crash
IM: Iew Millennium
SG: Status Geeker
TT: Train Thought
ATM: About To Mrash

TA: The Astonishingest
ATC: Again to Crash
IM: Illumination Memory
SG: Systematic Glass
TT: Thought Train
ATM: Aerotomania
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
I'll give a stab at it

TA= Theoretical Analysis
SG= Secret Garden

I like these fancy song titles. If SG ends up being called Secret Garden, my excitement for this album will greatly increase.

TA: The Astonishingest

Interesting decision on their part to release Part 3 of The Astonishing before Part 2, "The Astonishinger"!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

IM = Illumination Metropolis.

Two epics colliding into one.

Offline geeeemo

TA - The Abdication
ATC - A Tough Circumstance
IM - I M
SG - Showing Grace
TT - Trial Time
ATM - After the Madness

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I'll give a stab at it

TA= Theoretical Analysis
SG= Secret Garden

I like these fancy song titles. If SG ends up being called Secret Garden, my excitement for this album will greatly increase.

Ever since I saw SG, I instantly thought of Secret Garden, I don't know why.

Funny thing is I had a good one for TT, related to a word used in the lyrics of a song, but I completely forgot it and can not remember what it is. So I just came up with those.

Edit: I just remembered what it was  :lol

TT = Tripping Through ( :metal)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD