Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283726 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
The video was really good. Marshawn actually seems like a pretty fun guy IRL, although that just makes the whole media thing more troubling, honestly. And the subtlety of the "what you on" was, well, interesting.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
The video was really good. Marshawn actually seems like a pretty fun guy IRL, although that just makes the whole media thing more troubling, honestly. And the subtlety of the "what you on" was, well, interesting.

I was thinking he seemed pretty cool also. Not like the jerk the media wants us to believe. I'd hang out with him all day.

The 'what you on' was funny....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness

I was thinking he seemed pretty cool also. Not like the jerk the media wants us to believe. I'd hang out with him all day.

Nah, let's be fair here. He was portraying himself to the media as a total jerk; not the other way around. The video only demonstrated that he can be sociable for a crowd when it's on his terms.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
FINAL SCORE...

SEAHAWKS - 21
PATS - 17

Seahawks D will be the reason. Brady is in for a long day.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Nah, let's be fair here. He was portraying himself to the media as a total jerk; not the other way around.
This.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni

Nah, let's be fair here. He was portraying himself to the media as a total jerk; not the other way around. The video only demonstrated that he can be sociable for a crowd when it's on his terms.

Yeah...that's probably more accurate. He was cracking me up though....

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
Man, this will be the third superbowl I've watched, with this season being the first I've followed all the way through. I hope it isn't as bad as the last one.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
It'll be my 6th full Super Bowl, and as it doesn't kick off until 11:30pm my time, I'm in for a long day tomorrow.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Are Thomas and Sherman at 100% I like Brady and Gronk in this matchup.

Wilson vs. Revis Island and company? Not so much.

New England wins, 34-20.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, we were going to win last year. There was no way an old Manning and an ill-prepared Jon Fox were going to be able to score enough to win. After that tough win over the Niners, Hawks were not going to lose that game.

I do not have that feeling this year. This Pats team doesn't scare me, but they don't give me a feeling of an easy win.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
FINAL SCORE...

SEAHAWKS - 21
PATS - 17

Seahawks D will be the reason. Brady is in for a long day.

I kind of feel the same way.

Are Thomas and Sherman at 100% I like Brady and Gronk in this matchup.

Wilson vs. Revis Island and company? Not so much.

New England wins, 34-20.

I hope you're right, brother.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Looks like Jerome Bettis made the Hall of Fame.  Excuse me while I go vomit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Looks like Jerome Bettis made the Hall of Fame.  Excuse me while I go vomit.

Maybe Leslie Vissar will show up with some peanut butter!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
It'll be my 6th full Super Bowl, and as it doesn't kick off until 11:30pm my time, I'm in for a long day tomorrow.

The first Super Bowl I watched was Super Bowl X between Pittsburgh and Dallas in 1976.

Holy fuck I'm OLD.  :lol

I remember my parents watching the Super Bowl where Miami finished their perfect season, but I started watching football as a kid in 1975 so that was my first Super Bowl. I've watched every one since.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
The first SB I remember was 1977.  Them Boys crushed the Orange Crush.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jammindude

And to continue the theme chronologically...mine was 1978 SB XIII Pit vs Dallas.    Pit pretty much owned the game, but Dallas did make it a bit scary down the stretch.

I don't think any SB before or since had so many HoF players on the field all at the same time. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Anyone else watch the NFL Honors show?  Seth Myers' opening monologue was awesome.  Him poking fun at Luck's neck beard and telling him that he plays QB, not the banjo, was hysterical. :lol :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
And to continue the theme chronologically...mine was 1978 SB XIII Pit vs Dallas.    Pit pretty much owned the game, but Dallas did make it a bit scary down the stretch.
Only to get shutdown by the refs.

Glad to see Charles Haley and Tim Brown finally get in. Surprised to see Warner and Pace left out.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Warner and Pace won't have to wait long to get in.  Even though I hate the Raiders, Tim Brown was long deserving of getting in.  Charles Haley should have been a no-brainer years ago.  The Bettis selection still makes me ill.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't ever recall a point in time where Bettis was the best RB in the game. But he is #6 All time in rushing yards. And everyone else in the top 10 (minus LaDainian Tomlinson, who will most likely be inducted in the future) is already in the Hall of Fame. So I'm fine with him getting in.  But him getting in over some of the players that aren't in... yeah, that's questionable.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Go Seahawks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
What's funny is looking at the career YPC for each top 10 RB in rushing yards:

E. Smith 4.2
W. Payton 4.4
B. Sanders 5.0
C. Martin 4.0
L. Tomlinson 4.3
J. Bettis 3.9
E. Dickerson 4.4
T. Dorsett 4.3
J. Brown 5.2
M. Faulk 4.3

The worst.  Oh, and let's not forget his whopping postseason YPC of 3.4. :lol :lol

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
Pats 27 -24.   More importantly, wings, philly cheese steaks, burgers, hummus and veggies for the weaklings, soft pretzels, queso, quacamole and chips.  Blue Moon, Bud and some harder stuff.  Why don't they do this on Saturday so we can have Sunday to recover?
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Damn great game today.  Could go both ways but homer pick is 24-21, Pats.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't like one team more than the other....in fact, for me it's which team do I dislike more.....which would be the Patriots, but....if Seattle has their typical 'slow' first half I think the Patriots are just the team to not let them off the hook like the rest of the teams they've played have. It could very well be 21-7, 14-3, 21-0......something like that at the half in favor of the Pats and I dont see them letting Seattle back in the game if that was the case. I don't see Seattle being able to get up like that on the Pats....given the way they've started thus far in the playoffs.

It should be a good game to watch though.....and, I typically suck at predictions so my post is largely a bunch of BS.  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Sadly I finally had to lock in my SEA pick. What I've got stuck in my head is the week 1 game against Miami. They set the gameplan for beating NE and the teams that have played well against them have followed that plan. Seattle has a better run game and pass rush than anybody else they've played and that should be the difference maker.

That said, NE won't fall apart down the stretch like GB did, so if Wilson is as sucktastic to start this game as he was two weeks ago it's NE all the way.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
You guys see Ray Lewis talking about integrity?  RAY LEWIS??? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power

Only by a FG?  They've never done that before.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Rattlehead

Should be a good game for the most part, but I have Seattle winning 31-20. I don't think New England will be able to establish the run and that will ultimately end up being the difference. It'll be close for a while, but I can see a big turnover happening towards the end to put the game out of reach for New England. Of course, I wouldn't be shocked if I was way off and New England ended up winning because these are clearly two great teams.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Only by a FG?  They've never done that before.   :lol

:lol

You have seen all of our SB's? :lol  Great D's will make it close.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Why don't they do this on Saturday so we can have Sunday to recover?

I am reminded of one year where I was over at my friend's watching the game, and in a fit of whimsy I said "I'll chug a beer every time the NFC team scores!"

That team was the 49ers, and it was the year they dropped 55 on Denver  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline dparrott

Watching the NFL Network and all the fan shots...nothing too much sexier than a cute girl wearing a sports jersey!
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Watching the NFL Network and all the fan shots...nothing too much sexier than a cute girl wearing a sports jersey!

How about a cute girl wearing a sports jersey and nothing else?

Offline dparrott

^ That too!

SNL Seahawks skit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4xqffhxKzE
:lol
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Less than 30 minutes to kickoff! All the best, whoever you're rooting for tonight. Enjoy your food and whatnot!