Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283693 times)

Offline jammindude

The HOF seems to be not looking at RBs much lately and are trying to get in the glut that backed up at other positions, namely WR.  Bettie is sixth all time, and I don't see him getting the nod for another year or two.

Lynch is still a good two seasons worth of work until he reaches Corey Dillon, and I don't exactly see anyone making a case for him.  Hopefully Lynch holds up physically and gets a chance to see where he legitimately stacks up all time, but I think he needs about three more good seasons.

Sometimes it's about the impact they had on the game.   Earl Campbell doesn't even crack the top 30 all time list, and never made the 10K club.  But he's in the HoF just because....well...if you saw him run, you'd know.     I'd make an argument that no RB in the league has had *that* big of a reputation for being so hard to bring down (since Earl) as Lynch has had. 

(don't know if I worded that sentence very well, but I hope my point came across)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline dparrott

REEEEEMIXXXX!  Been waitin fo' deez.

Deion: "So you still bout dat action boss?"
Lynch: "Hell yeah!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV43jtXEpwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjANyhh2PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d41uJUD-pY
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:01:15 AM by dparrott »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
God, I love the Seahawks so much. Sherman getting on peoples' nerves and now Lynch with this fiasco. Shows that the media can't focus on the actual game and do good analysis on the teams' strengths, weaknesses etc.

Correct.  The media knows absolutely nothing about football.  They are only good at what they do best.  Making themselves look like the idiots they really are.  I'm sure if they were capable of asking intelligent questions about the game and the players, guys like Lynch would actually give them the time of day.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
God, I love the Seahawks so much. Sherman getting on peoples' nerves and now Lynch with this fiasco. Shows that the media can't focus on the actual game and do good analysis on the teams' strengths, weaknesses etc.

Correct.  The media knows absolutely nothing about football.  They are only good at what they do best.  Making themselves look like the idiots they really are.  I'm sure if they were capable of asking intelligent questions about the game and the players, guys like Lynch would actually give them the time of day.  :lol
No he wouldn't.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline dparrott

I'mma get one of these and wear it to work!  ;D

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
If you wear that to work, FINED should be changed to FIRED.

Also, was talking to coworkers about wearing jerseys, and referenced this. Thoughts?

https://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:57:38 AM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Also, was talking to coworkers about wearing jerseys, and referenced this. Thoughts?

https://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules

Rule:  If you're going to write a huge rant about something and attempt to shame other people, try to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

I was going to say I completely disagree with EVERYTHING in that article, but I think this one is actually on point:  "You may not wear a jersey without a shirt underneath it, especially NBA jerseys."

And people really should be smart and give heed to the fact that, unfortunately, there are a good many sports fans who believe this one:  "By wearing a jersey to a road game, you waive your right to a busted-free nose."  But I would be perfectly fine modifying it to something like:  "By wearing a jersey to a road game, you waive your right to be exempt from dirty looks and repeated eye rolling."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power

No he wouldn't.

Whatever you say Hef.  The focus of my point was the media, not Lynch.  I couldn't care less what he does or doesn't do for whatever reasons.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
After today's media "session," I'm not sure how anyone could possibly defend the guy.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

After today's media "session," I'm not sure how anyone could possibly defend the guy.  :lol

I'm seeing TONS of support for him, and no...not just locally.  Every site I go to, I see about 60 more percent who just wish they'd leave the guy alone.

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
As I am reminded almost every day at my job, there are a lot of delusional people in the world.  His conduct is indefensible.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I've been wondering if he's just embarrassed about not being able to speak better than a 4 year old. If that were the case I'd actually be far more supportive of him. I wouldn't want to have to spend 5 minutes with people watching me try to sing or throw a football. I actually would consider that rather degrading. However it doesn't seem to be the case with him, since has no problem speaking to individuals, even on the record, and seemed pretty cool and casual acting like a child the last three days.

And with that in mind, I'm surprised the league actually wants people putting a microphone in his face.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

I'm seeing TONS of support for him, and no...not just locally.  Every site I go to, I see about 60 more percent who just wish they'd leave the guy alone.
If he had a speech impediment or a disorder of some kind, that would be one thing.  But he doesn't.  He's just an asshole.

So I see no reason to leave him alone. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness

If he had a speech impediment or a disorder of some kind, that would be one thing.  But he doesn't.  He's just an asshole.

Have you actually listened to the guy? What he has is actually somewhere between and impediment and the Great Wall of China.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline dparrott

Yea this is probably a tactic to get reporters to stop talking to him.

I also heard there was some incident with a reporter when he was with Buffalo that turned him off to reporters?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Have you actually listened to the guy? What he has is actually somewhere between and impediment and the Great Wall of China.
I've heard him.  He apparently has a class impediment, but I cannot discern a speech impediment.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
He can talk well enough to be paid for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY36BmRFf_I

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Well, that's not entirely fair.  He actually DOES have a condition that flares up when he is not getting paid. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I hope he gets fined for pimping his Beast Mode clothing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Well, that's not entirely fair.  He actually DOES have a condition that flares up when he is not getting paid.

:lol

I'm laughing now but I hope the Pats can stop him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
I hope he gets fined for pimping his Beast Mode clothing.

Obviously, I have no idea what the wording is in his contract or the CBA regarding media obligations.  But that being said, I cannot fathom that it could possibly be written so poorly that it could be construed that he is remotely complying with this little act of his.  And if that is the case, he should be severely fined and/or suspended for that.  (the hat thing seems a little silly and petty, but if they want to fine him for that too, so be it)

:lol

I'm laughing now but I hope the Pats can stop him.

I hope they break his legs.  But, I think we are saying the same thing.  Po-TAY-to, po-TAH-to.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
He's not injured though, we only go after the weak.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Man, I can't wait till this game is behind us.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Man, I can't wait till this game is behind us.

Rich, you don't have to watch it!   :-*

Offline dparrott

Offline Skeever

I'm really torn this year. Last year, two extremely likable teams were going head to head. This year, two very hateworthy teams are.

The Seahawks have gone from a favorite of mine to a team that I really dislike. They went from being underdogs you wanted to root for two year ago, to being much the same team (just grown up) last year, to being arrogant douches whose success has gone to their heads this year.

The Pats have always been unlikable. Between Belichek's awful press conferences, Brady's bratty body language, cheating, and Kraft being Goddell's golden boy, they're easily the most hateable "good" team of this era.

Things I would like to see:
-Revis play clearly better than Sherman
-The Patriots lose anyway
-Marshawn has a shit game
-Wilson doesn't attribute the victory to "god" when all's said and done
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:31:07 PM by Skeever »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Things I would like to see:
-Wilson doesn't attribute the victory to "god" when all's said and done

Well, even though it would never happen, what I would most LOVE to see in that regard is Wilson attributing his victory to God, and God actually coming down and smacking him, and saying "Why do you think I would even care about a stupid football game?  And don't you think it's a bit arrogant to think I would intervene and make your team win just because of you when there are Christians on the other team, too?  Gimme that Lombardi Trophy right now!  You don't deserve it!  I'm giving it to Alex Smith since he got robbed by his stupid kick returner 3 years ago and then got screwed over by Harbaugh when he got a concussion the next year."

And then He could smite Lynch and Sherman since He is already there anyway.

Offline Skeever

Yeah, I hate that so much. Same thing with Mr. Deer Antler spray a few years ago. At this point athletes are using religion the same way they use Beats. Just a cheap way of looking good to a certain demographic.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Last year, two extremely likable teams were going head to head. This year, two very hateworthy teams are.

How did the 2013-14 Seahawks go from 'extremely likable' to the 2014-15 'very hateworthy' Seahawks?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
I'm just here so I won't get banned

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm just here so I won't get banned

Yet you been before. Lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Last year, two extremely likable teams were going head to head. This year, two very hateworthy teams are.

How did the 2013-14 Seahawks go from 'extremely likable' to the 2014-15 'very hateworthy' Seahawks?

They're no longer an underdog, feel good team. Also some of their players have questionable media personalities.