Author Topic: The pathetic facebook status thread.  (Read 304775 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The pathetic facebook status thread.
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
What useful functionality did they remove? Mine got changed a month or two ago and I haven't noticed anything missing. I just prefer the layout now.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #841 on: February 12, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »
You used to have your name, but now you have "profile". it's better organized, I must say.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2010, 04:26:45 PM »
This is the first major FB change that I actually like.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »
What useful functionality did they remove?

All the stuff I mentioned in my post about editing, organizing and accessing your friend lists, and the ability to customize the links on the left-hand side.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2010, 01:07:45 AM »
This is the first major FB change that I actually like.

Same here. It's still not perfect, though.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that there are already groups with people whining around like "Give us the old layout back!"; what are the odds that these are the same nay-sayers that whined around after the last layout change?
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2010, 02:27:37 AM »
Well, not necessarily. As I said, I complained with the previous change, but am happy with this one.

The thing that annoys me though is how often these changes occur. Facebook's layout simply doesn't need a complete overhaul every few months.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #846 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:22 AM »
Well, not necessarily. As I said, I complained with the previous change, but am happy with this one.

I never said that I included you or anyone who is actually happy with the most recent change. What I said was simply that given the sheer number of FB users and the general attitude of many users, it's very likely that something like I said will occur. In fact, there are several people in my contact list who already behave like this.

The thing that annoys me though is how often these changes occur. Facebook's layout simply doesn't need a complete overhaul every few months.

I agree with this.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2010, 05:45:22 AM »
I like most of the new layout, except the friends page seems to get more convoluted each time they mess with it. I've made a complaint/suggestion about it, because it's garbage now.
Why does clicking friends on the main page not take me to my friends list, but instead to a page to find friends? The main interface already has a "find friends" button permanently on the interface, and a search right next to that. Do we really need 3 ways to search for friends on the homepage, and yet no way to actually list my friends without going through the Profile page? Or am I missing something here?

And now the default friends list is the crappy little window version, and the only way I've found to get to the old style whole page list is to open that in a new tab, which then gives me the old style, but I can't find any way to get to this without doing so. None of this makes sense to me.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »
BVD, that is exactly what I've been saying.  They totally fucked up anything related to your Friends lists, and removed all the ways you used to be able to customize that aspect of things.  I created a list last night of just folks I'm related to, called it "Family".  I figured I'd check it once in a while, even though everyone in that list is also in my "Home" list (folks I know from back home, not like "home page").  It is now the first list that shows up, even though I planned on not using it much.  There is no way to reorder them, they're not in alphabetical order, or the order in which you created them, so how in the hell are they ordered?

You used to be able to choose exactly which ones showed up above the line (that is, without clicking "more") and the order in which they are listed.  I'm not just bitching about the layout.  The layout does have some improvements.  They have removed functionality.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2010, 09:22:27 AM »
Little less "Facebook Sucks" and a little more statuses, k?

"You know what always makes me smile, when you txt a couple peple and ask them if you they wanna hang out, and a couple say no... then you find out its because THEY are all hanging out together and don't want you to join :] So does anyone TRULY just want to hang out for a few hours, cause i need some NEW FRIENDS."

She's also friends with a girl named Curse. I'm thinking it's possibly just a name she made up for FB, but I can never be too sure around this area.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #850 on: February 15, 2010, 03:25:42 AM »
Okay honestly, if my mom can't get different laundry detergent, I'm going to die.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #851 on: February 15, 2010, 05:21:36 AM »
Okay honestly, if my mom can't get different laundry detergent, I'm going to die.

Lol that's retawded.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #852 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:10 AM »
I'm not posting this because what she's actually saying is lame but I'm posting it because she's typing how she talks:

i shall continue my rant from 2 weeks ago i dinna like trains there sooooo not comfy t sleep on but dad can snore like naebidys business on een ha ha this weekends gonna be a hoot al jis be glad fan i get t a real bed lol,x
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:33:40 AM by acidrainlte »

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #853 on: February 15, 2010, 05:33:08 AM »
I'm not posted this because what she's actually saying is lame but I'm posting it because she's typing how she talks:

i shall continue my rant from 2 weeks ago i dinna like trains there sooooo not comfy t sleep on but dad can snore like naebidys business on een ha ha this weekends gonna be a hoot al jis be glad fan i get t a real bed lol,x

Wow :lol

I didn't understand half of that

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #854 on: February 15, 2010, 05:35:45 AM »
I understand most of it but I don't get what "on een" is supposed to be.

Translated (for the most part):

"I shall continue my rant from two weeks ago. I don't like trains, they're soooo not comfy to sleep on but dad can snore like nobody's business on een [sic] ha ha. This weekend is going to be a laugh. I'll just be glad when I get to a real bed lol [i am a turd burglar]"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #855 on: February 15, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
It's sad that some people's writing skills are so poor that you can't even decipher what they're saying any more.

on een? wtf, seriously.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #856 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:06 AM »
It's probably some horrible Doric that I'm just not used to yet.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #857 on: February 15, 2010, 06:18:28 AM »
It's sad that some people's writing skills are so poor that you can't even decipher what they're saying any more.

on een? wtf, seriously.

I'm guilty Blob on that one.  Sometimes I post without spellchecking first, and I AM a terrible speller.  BTW I also like the new set up except the friend section.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: February 15, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »

on een? wtf, seriously.

I'm guilty Blob on that one.  Sometimes I post without spellchecking first, and I AM a terrible speller.  BTW I also like the new set up except the friend section.

Bad spelling I can handle, and I've never had a problem reading your posts (and I'm notorious for my terrible proof reading of my own posts). But the way that many young people type these days is like they're permanently stuck typing on a cell phone, and they're not even trying to use proper English, even when it's not any more trouble to do so.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #859 on: February 15, 2010, 06:31:49 AM »

on een? wtf, seriously.

I'm guilty Blob on that one.  Sometimes I post without spellchecking first, and I AM a terrible speller.  BTW I also like the new set up except the friend section.

Bad spelling I can handle, and I've never had a problem reading your posts (and I'm notorious for my terrible proof reading of my own posts). But the way that many young people type these days is like they're permanently stuck typing on a cell phone, and they're not even trying to use proper English, even when it's not any more trouble to do so.

Mabye because I'm older but, wouldn't it be easier to call someone than to text in shorthand.  The buttons are so damn small that my saugage fingers can't type one word without having to fix my errors.  Just a random though from a decrepit old man. ;D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #860 on: February 15, 2010, 06:41:14 AM »

on een? wtf, seriously.

Your old, your not allowed to make sense around these parts.

Mabye because I'm older but, wouldn't it be easier to call someone than to text in shorthand.  The buttons are so damn small that my saugage fingers can't type one word without having to fix my errors.  Just a random though from a decrepit old man. ;D
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline TL

« Reply #861 on: February 15, 2010, 09:51:24 AM »
Terrible spelling and grammar was one of the many reasons I stopped using facebook. For me, it's one of those things that just comes so naturally to me; it's difficult for me to understand how it's not easy and basic for everyone.
Someone making a small spelling or grammatical error here or there is fine, but the sheer number of people out there who just don't care or try anymore is disturbing. On the other hand, it's lowering the bar enough that someone with basic literary skills will look like a genius in a few years.

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
« Reply #862 on: February 15, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Terrible spelling and grammar was one of the many reasons I stopped using facebook. For me, it's one of those things that just comes so naturally to me; it's difficult for me to understand how it's not easy and basic for everyone.
Someone making a small spelling or grammatical error here or there is fine, but the sheer number of people out there who just don't care or try anymore is disturbing. On the other hand, it's lowering the bar enough that someone with basic literary skills will look like a genius in a few years.
:lol

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #863 on: February 15, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »
Idiotcracy anyone?
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #864 on: February 15, 2010, 11:03:06 AM »
Most of my friends don't even try. Some things that bug me are:

leaving off letter for words that are easy to spell, like know (no), though (tho), your (ur; I fucking HATE this)

adding numbers to words, like hate (h8)

Using numbers as letters (4eva)

The constant misuse of their,there, they're, and your, you're

Offline ehra

« Reply #865 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
The one plus side of everyone having horrible grammar is that no one calls me out on my horrible misuse of commas. I can never tell what is and isn't a comma splice.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #866 on: February 15, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/facebook_suck

There it is: How to Suck at Facebook.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #867 on: February 16, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »

Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #868 on: February 16, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »
^^^
Wow, there's no way I could have predicted that outcome.
 :yeahright
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #870 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »
I really don't mind improper grammar in posts and such on FB.  It's improper grammar and spelling in the titles of groups and stuff that can really bother me.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #871 on: February 16, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
For anyone who knows what Formspring is:

"if ur gunna say stuff, itd be cool if u told me who u were. [link to his Formspring]"
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #872 on: February 16, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
"ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh honsetly not even worth it =/"

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #873 on: February 16, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
"Really people, I'm not smart or pretty but I'm not as stupid as you thought. I am not a retard so stop talking to me as if I'm slow.I am actually smart in certain aspects of life.So all I gotta tell you bitches and asses that if they have so much time to treat me like this why don't you go FIND SOME COCK TO SUCK"

My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #874 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

This, folks is why we have The Darwin Awards.  I can see it now...

Rory: Can you speak up, I'm deaf in one ear.
Date: I'm sorry.  What happened?
Rory: I shot a BB gun into my ear.
Date gets up and leaves as quickly as possible, tripping over a chair because she was laughing too hard.