Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213150 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Summer of Punk II
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »
From what I've read, everything's pointing to being Jericho.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back and thrust into a feud with Punk.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
Yeah, word on the street is Jericho (though he's vehemently denying it on Twitter, which I guess one would expect him to do). A Jericho Punk feud culminating at 'Mania would be epic. Can't think of two guys in the company today who are as complete a package as far as in-ring and mic skills go
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #422 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
There's a picture running around today of Jericho in the Memphis airport... where Raw is going to be from tonight.

As Bart Scott would say, CAN'T WAIT!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline John94

« Reply #423 on: January 03, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Jericho had the crowd in the palm of his hands. He is a modern day Piper to me. Absolutely gold.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #424 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:12 AM »
Yeah, I thought it was genius what he did! He came back, got the big babyface pop and turned heel WITHOUT SAYING A WORD!!!

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #425 on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Exactly at first  I was like :lol, but then  :|...

...I love that man.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #426 on: January 03, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #427 on: January 03, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
:rollin :rollin

Where did you find this?!

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #428 on: January 03, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »
THAT SITE THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED.

edit: also is from a video on WWE.COM they asked him about the Rumble... and that was his answer  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #429 on: January 03, 2012, 03:20:56 PM »
Got it.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #430 on: January 07, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »
Anybody familiar with Ring of Honor at all. There's a show coming to near my city and I'm considering going.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Jericho came back? Love that guy.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #432 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54:43 AM »
Anybody familiar with Ring of Honor at all. There's a show coming to near my city and I'm considering going.
Apparently it used to be the shit, but I've caught some of their recent TV broadcasts and I wasn't impressed.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #433 on: January 09, 2012, 04:33:12 AM »
ROH was the best from on wrestling around for a while they had: CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Cristopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson(AKA Daniel Bryan), Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, KENTA and many others. It was just wrestling with awesome spots and what not.

Now the world champion and the challenger are horrible, both of them are generic and try to emulate a little to much the Japanese Style of wrestling, and they suck major cock at it. but other than that they still have a pretty awesome roster and matches so if its not that expensive I'd say go for it you may have a blast, especially if this man is on the card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmK1i2JCIGI

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #434 on: January 09, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »
Brodus Clay ftw :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
Brodus Clay ftw :lol

Absolutely lost it  when he came out...its an updated version of the Godfather
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #436 on: January 10, 2012, 10:31:15 AM »
But with less rhythm and more awkward dancing.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: January 10, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
But with less rhythm and more awkward dancing.

I wasn't watching him I was watching the girls 
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
So I just finished watching the Greatest Rivalries (Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels) DVD and I have to say, it was pretty sweet.

My only complaint is that they kind of danced around some of the more heated portions of their past conflicts. I was hoping to hear some really juicy details, but regardless I still enjoyed it very much. 

Definitely two of my favorite wrestlers growing up.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »
So can someone tell me why it's called Summer of Punk? It's been years since I've watched and it just sounds like a funny name.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
So can someone tell me why it's called Summer of Punk? It's been years since I've watched and it just sounds like a funny name.
Because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
Because of this:

Was that a worked shoot, or was that legitimate?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »
Because of this:

That was pretty funny.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »
Because of this:

Was that a worked shoot, or was that legitimate?
It was worked, but it was so beautifully done!

Offline John94

« Reply #444 on: January 29, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »
Royal Rumble tonight! Favourite wrestling event of the year and my 12th anniversary of wrestling!

Who do you have? I have Orton down as the winner and a few surprises from Road Dogg and I think Undertaker will return but eliminated by Jericho leading to WM28 - Taker/Jericho. I think the Rocks music may hit and distract Cena at some point.

Cena v Ziggler for the belt? Hmmm, I think Johnny Ace will screw Punk, Triple H will evaluate Johnnys performance and say its great, thus turning heel and facing Punk and Mania.

I also expect the Funkasaurus to dominate and dance at the Rumble!

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #445 on: January 29, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
Jericho or HHH(GOD I HOPE NOT) are gonna win.
But anyways I love me some ROYAL RUMBLE  :metal :metal :metal

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
I think Orton will take the Rumble match.  As for Punk's match, he's definitely gonna get screwed by Laryngitis.  As for Taker, he NEEDS to come back tonight to try and build something to Wrestlemania.  I really can't see Taker/Jericho, but it's a great idea.

My thought is that "she" is Stephanie & that Jericho will eventually rat her out as being behind all of the texts involving Laryngitis.  I also have a feeling he's gonna get fired (I hope from everything) on Monday--the brass can't stand him, but he was Vince's "Yes" man for so long it's going to be hard to get rid of him entirely.  I hope they do though--Johnny Ace is a supreme douchebag.

Ugh, "Funkasaurus"... :tdwn   We waited HOW long for that shit?  Brodus should go back to being a heel.

Oh, and speaking of heels--they should really do something more with Wade Barrett.  Like put a belt on him, at least.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #447 on: January 31, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
Royal Rumble (the match) was pretty meh. My favorite surprise was Road Dogg, I nostalgia'd all over the place. And I really thought Jericho was gonna win to start the Punk feud, but we still got the start of it on Raw.

Dolph Ziggler continues to proves that no one can make a bump look better than him, he's become one of my favorite wrestlers to watch.

'Taker returning was predictable, but still nice.

If by the end of this year, Wade Barrett and Dolph haven't gotten a WWE/World Heavyweight run, they should quit the company.

Offline John94

« Reply #448 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:45 AM »
Disappointed to see that it looks like WWE are going down the Taker/HHH route. Been there done that X2.

I would've made Taker return as a surprise Rumble entrant. Would add so much more to the PPV and him being eliminated by a young star would've give them such a launch.

I love Takers wig by the way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #449 on: January 31, 2012, 12:25:03 PM »
Ziggler has gotten good, but he needs to ditch Vickie to be taken seriously as a main event heel, IMO.  For one, she draws more heat than him, which is not the way it should be, and for two, he doesn't need anyone to ride his coattails.

HHH forcing himself into another big WM match.  Shocking.  The way he buried Punk last fall just shows what an ego the guy has and what an asshole he really is.  "Yes, Punk, you are the hottest thing going right now, but I am gonna horn in on the feud with Kevin Nash, bury you in a match, and then I'll finish off Nash."  Notice that Punk never got to get any revenge on Nash for costing him the title at the end of SummerSlam.  And Nash is one of HHH's best buddies.  Par for the course.

Also, does anyone even care about Cena/Rock anymore?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #450 on: January 31, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »

Also, does anyone even care about Cena/Rock anymore?

No shit... how do you hype a match for an entire year.  Most confusing thing I ever saw the WWE do.  I hardly follow it anymore, but when I saw this I was like :whatthe:

Love The Rock, but there's just no story anymore for them - the heat they had between them 12 months ago is long gone.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #451 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »
What, Kevin Nash is back in action? What else did I miss, Steve Austin and Scot Hall too? xD Man, wrestling was so much fun in the mid 90s-early 00s.
I do catch it from time to time on tv and none of the new guys do anything for me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #452 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:33 AM »
What, Kevin Nash is back in action? What else did I miss, Steve Austin and Scot Hall too? xD Man, wrestling was so much fun in the mid 90s-early 00s.
I do catch it from time to time on tv and none of the new guys do anything for me.

Its so true. I miss being obsessed with Wrestling.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #453 on: February 01, 2012, 11:58:29 AM »
Yeah, the attitude and toothless aggression era's were top notch.  I chalk it up to competition.  Vince had to strive to continuously improve the product to go against Nitro.  Once they bought WCW, the effort went to shit.  They had a glut of talent, and no viable reason to strive for excellence.  It was ok for a couple of years after the "merger", but has honestly sucked since about 03/04.  Around the same time that some key marquee talent started to bolt - namely The Rock and Austin.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #454 on: February 01, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
The problem is that their best two guys right now are Orton and Punk, both of whom are much better as heels, but are both so popular that they had no choice but to turn them both full-fledged face.  I miss the days when a top heel was someone who could also win matches against top faces without necessarily cheating every time, like Flair in his heyday or Vader in the early 90s.  The last time Orton and Punk were heels, while both had world title runs, they both looked really weak most of the time - Punk lost like every feud he had following the Jeff Hardy thing till he turned last summer, and Orton was constantly looking bad against everyone from HHH to Batista to even Flair (whom he got his ass kicked by in a non-sanctioned right until DiBiase and Rhodes made the save).  That is not the way to build up a top heel.