Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214200 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 28
« Reply #560 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »
Ok so, Wrestlemania 28 is about to be ordered. £14.95 - not bad for 4 hours. How much is it in the US? I heard it was $65
Probably $55-$65.

I'm watching it over at a friend's house. I'm actually excited for it! The card, for the most part, looks very, very good!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #561 on: March 27, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »
I caught the Rock-Cena dialogue last night. 

I'm pressuring my wife to get Wrestlemania.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #562 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
It does look like a good card.  I'm actually contemplating ordering it.  Rock/Cena promo last night was kinda boring.  God I hope they put the Rock over, and then have Cena do an ape-shit heal turn... claiming even though he rose above the hate, did all the "right" or "good" things, he still couldn't beat The Rock... so fuck it, why even bother trying to be the "good" Cena.  He needs a change of character so bad!  He's been stuck in limbo (or purgatory, depending on your view) for a long time now.

Probably won't happen though.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #563 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Honestly, I hope they start the show off with Sheamus/Daniel Bryan just because they've done zilch, nada, nothing at all to try to get the fans interested in it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #564 on: March 29, 2012, 02:40:13 AM »
It'll probably be the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny match first. I seriously hope Johnny Ace wins that one, he's way more entertaining than Teddy Long and the thought of Teddy being GM of both is pretty unbearable.
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #565 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23:24 AM »
It'll probably be the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny match first. I seriously hope Johnny Ace wins that one, he's way more entertaining than Teddy Long and the thought of Teddy being GM of both is pretty unbearable.

Over all these years, I've never found Teddy long that interesting.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2012, 04:53:58 AM »
It's not that he's annoying or anything (although the cringe worthy segments with Aksana are horrible) it's just that he's not interesting to watch. Having Foley be guest GM for that one week gave a shining example of just how dull having Teddy as GM is by comparison. It's predictable.

*Interrupts heel's promo*
"Now hold on player, blah blah blah, your surprise opponent - SHEAMUS!"

Every single goddamn time. Foley even managed to make a Divas match that involved the models-turned-"wrestlers" more than a toilet break for crying out loud. Granted it's probably the writing, but it's also about presentation. And Teddy Long was not made for exciting live TV. Not like Mr Excitement :P
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
Arrive. Tag match. Leave.

That pretty much describes Teddy Long's past 7 years or so as GM. I'd much rather see Johnny Ace come out, and fumble his lines for about 10 minutes. Then watch another tag match made by Teddy Long.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #568 on: March 29, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
Arrive. Tag match. Leave.

That pretty much describes Teddy Long's past 7 years or so as GM. I'd much rather see Johnny Ace come out, and fumble his lines for about 10 minutes. Then watch another tag match made by Teddy Long.
Change tag match with Sheamus for his last year and a half.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
This is a couple months old, so there's no Sheamus, but it still works :tup

Photobucket sucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #570 on: March 30, 2012, 03:37:46 AM »
^^^^ And that is probably why I haven't watched Smackdown for almost 10 years.

I seriously don't find anything about him threatening or interesting.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #571 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:45 PM »
I am a 100% Rock fan.  Have been for 13 years.  Cena is schooling him in the promos though.  Just my opinion

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »
I think Rock's promos have been funnier, but Cena's the only one who's actually had anything to say.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline John94

« Reply #573 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »
A big star is rumoured to be appearing at Wrestlemania 28.

I don't wish to post/ spoil it or say it in case it isn't true, but it is around various wrestling news sites.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #574 on: March 31, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »
Can't wait for this tommorow; I've seen every Wrestlemania.  Always an entertaining show.  Interested to see how the Triple H- Taker match plays out.  I can't see HHH winning, there would seemingly be some backlash against him behind the scenes if he booked himself to end the streak.  I also can't see Rock winning straight up- I'm sure there will be some convoluted mess to end his match.  I see CM Punk and Shemus winning the title matches.  My early prediction for WM 29 is the one off return match of Steve Austin against the Rock.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2012, 01:03:35 AM »
- The story going around Miami is that Brock Lesnar has signed a one-year deal with WWE and will work a "more than Undertaker and less than Goldberg" type of schedule. This report is unconfirmed. Lesnar is in Miami with security and is surrounded by a large group of people shielding him from everyone.

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker WM29 should be interesting.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2012, 02:42:51 AM »
More like Botch Lesnar amirite? *crickets*

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »
More like Botch Lesnar amirite? *crickets*

For his shooting star press against Angle?  Man, that was impressive and scary all at the same time.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2012, 05:24:47 AM »
Don't forget all the wrestlers he could've killed by botching his finisher.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
Can't wait for this tommorow; I've seen every Wrestlemania.  Always an entertaining show.  Interested to see how the Triple H- Taker match plays out.  I can't see HHH winning, there would seemingly be some backlash against him behind the scenes if he booked himself to end the streak.  I also can't see Rock winning straight up- I'm sure there will be some convoluted mess to end his match.  I see CM Punk and Shemus winning the title matches.  My early prediction for WM 29 is the one off return match of Steve Austin against the Rock.

Austin won't come back to do *another* WM match against the Rock. If/when he comes back (which I think he will), it'll probably be to work a program with CM Punk.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline John94

« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
Feeling excited now for tonight! I "booked" how I'd let Mania play out, or how I think it will play out for a wrestling radio show that I listen to.

1 - Big Show v Cody Rhodes - Big Show wins.
2 - Randy Orton v Kane - Orton wins.
3 - Team Teddy v Team Johnny - Johnny wins. - Miz goes over Booker T - Kofi Kingston does a spot/jumps outside to the other guys.
4 - Daniel Bryan v Sheamus - Sheamus wins via AJ mistake.
5 - Chris Jericho v CM Punk - CM Punk wins after a hard fought match - possibly with the Walls of Jericho to carry the fued
Hall of Fame spot
6 - Undertaker v Triple H - Undertaker wins - Tombstone on a chair, HBK hesitates.
7 - Beth + Eve v Kelly + Menounes - Kelly wins - quick match. Toilet break.
8 - The Rock v John Cena - Cena wins. Takes a couple of AAs, but he wins.

If Lesnar is indeed returning, then I would have him show up after The Rock and Cena. Have his music hit for a few seconds, show up for the pop, and clap and smile at Cena and walk away, leaving us to watch RAW to find out what happens.

Looking forward so much to Mania now, seen the set, it looks amazing. Hope Mania will be awesome too.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #581 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »

Austin won't come back to do *another* WM match against the Rock. If/when he comes back (which I think he will), it'll probably be to work a program with CM Punk.
My feeling as well, we don't need another Austin/Rock WM match. We already have seen 3 great matches between them.

I'm very excited for this WrestleMania!!

Offline John94

« Reply #582 on: April 01, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »
https://www.wwe.com/inside/livestream

The pre-show tag team title match has started. Have a good one guys, be back tomorrow with my feedback!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #583 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
This was an outstanding card.  The hell in the cell match was truly an epic masterpiece; this is what wrestling is all about.  Rock-Cena and Punk-Jericho were both 4 star matches as well.  Highly recommended.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:53:15 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #584 on: April 01, 2012, 10:18:31 PM »
Pretty lame beginning to the PPV though. I know there was no buildup to Sheamus/Bryan but they deserved more than that.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #585 on: April 01, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »
I'm not sure what "End of an Era" means. Does it mean that The Undertaker and/or Triple H are retiring or something? Based on Taker's demeanor with hugging the other guys, it very much had the feel of a final match.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #586 on: April 01, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
Caught the bulk of WM online when I got home a while ago.  Thoughts:

-I am surprised The Rock won, but it should be interesting to see where they take Cena's character now that he has lost a match he said he had to win.

-Punk/Jericho was really good, although the crowd was a bit dead after the sheer length of the previous match.

-That previous match being the HIAC, which was okay, extremely predictable, and pretty much the same as last year, but with Michaels thrown in. Both guys kick out of a million finishers, and the Undertaker finds a way to win again. Rinse, lather, repeat. Boring.

-Sheamus/Daniel Bryan was retarded. What an insult to both guys that their match was booked that way.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #587 on: April 02, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »
Agree on the HIAC... way too slow a pace.  I know they wanted to make it an hour long epic, but it didn't quite feel epic for me - although it did feel like it was an hour long.  It was a great match, but feel it could've been better.

There better be a monster heel turn for Cena tonight.  Along the lines of "I did everything I could, and still couldn't beat The Rock".  That part where Rock did the flying body press, and Cena rolled/stood up/tossed him on his shoulders... holy shit that was impressive!

Very cool for them to bring out JR for the HIAC... end of an era in more ways than one.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #588 on: April 02, 2012, 07:52:25 AM »
I only saw it from HIAC on, but man that match was SO boring.

Jericho and Punk was an alright match, I really like both of those guys.

Cena put on a good show, which is about all I can ask for from him. I'm glad The Rock won.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #589 on: April 02, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
I have to say if after a year of build, and weeks of Cena stridently saying he HAS to beat Rock, if he comes out tonight just doing his usual "gee whiz, ain't nothing wrong" schtick that WWE's stuck him with for years, I'm going to be annoyed. He has to have SOME sort of character development now, he's been stuck in place for what, five years now? Maybe even seven? I don't even need a full heel turn yet, but some change would be nice.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #590 on: April 02, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »
I'm pissed that I forked the coin over for the PPV.  Other than HIAC (which was taken down several notches by HBK's antics during the match) and Jericho/Punk I was NOT impressed at all.  There really wasn't anything Wrestlemania caliber about any of the matches, really--IMO, the HIAC match could have been SO legendary if they'd decided to do something like Taker/Mankind had done back in the day.  Hell, the HHH/Taker match last year was better than anything on the card this year.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #591 on: April 02, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
I'm pissed that I forked the coin over for the PPV.  Other than HIAC (which was taken down several notches by HBK's antics during the match) and Jericho/Punk I was NOT impressed at all.  There really wasn't anything Wrestlemania caliber about any of the matches, really--IMO, the HIAC match could have been SO legendary if they'd decided to do something like Taker/Mankind had done back in the day.  Hell, the HHH/Taker match last year was better than anything on the card this year.

My thoughts exactly.

At some points I felt like I was just watching an above-average Raw. I watched it at my Uncle's house so I didn't have to pay the $70, and if it wasn't available to me, there's no way I would have payed that much for it.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #592 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
I have to agree with the sentiments on the HIAC match. Last year's HHH vs Taker match was excellent, I thought, as were both of Taker's matches against HBK. They all followed the same formula, where Taker basically gets the stuffing knocked out of him and surprises the crowd by kicking out at the last minute after a bunch of finishers. With the three previous matches, it actually seemed somewhat likely that Taker would lose, but with this one, it didn't really work that way. Honestly I think a two-on-one match with HHH and HBK vs. Taker would have been a much better match.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline John94

« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »
I thought Hell in a Cell was the best match on a disappointing pay per view.

The "once in a lifetime" had a finish leading to a rematch.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #594 on: April 02, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
You know, as lackluster as the past few WM have been (in terms of match quality), I'll say this one having 2 very good matches and 1 great one should count as a win.