Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 212439 times)

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: Give it up for Dos Caras Jr.
« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:34 PM »
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Wrestling "Money In The Bank on July 17"
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »
Cult of Personality hit, and I knew it had to be Punk. I still fucking want that shirt :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »
Cult of Personality hit, and I knew it had to be Punk. I still fucking want that shirt :metal
Great song to use as his new theme!

Also, I knew Rey was gonna lose the moment they announce he was facing Cena!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »
Nice job bringing Punk back already.  He is too hot right now to let sit on the sidelines for weeks, or even months.

Del Rio is awesome.

How so?  He is average on the mic (unless screaming your name into the mic makes you good), he is average in the ring, and his attempts at looking mean and menacing are laughable.  The only thing he is good at is looking smug and arrogant, but all that does is make him the modern day version of Rick Martel.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
I MARKED MY BALLS OFF
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:28 AM »
Just found out Sgt. Slaughter lives about 45 miles away from me, awesome.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Wrestling - Summer of Punk II
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
Check out this really good interview Bill Simmons did with CM Punk.  It's 42 minutes, but worth listening to:

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=6808291

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »
Check out this really good interview Bill Simmons did with CM Punk.  It's 42 minutes, but worth listening to:

https://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=6808291
Not kidding, I was actually gonna post that right now because I got to the part where Punk tells Simmons that he made up his mind to return on WWE on the day of the MITB PPV.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2011, 10:24:40 PM »
Great minds think alike, eh? :P :biggrin:

And you have to figure that Cena would have won had Punk not re-upped with the company the day of MITB.  They weren't gonna let Punk leave as the champ and win the belt if his contract was expiring for real.  Rumors for a while had been that Cena/Del Rio would be headlining SummerSlam, but the combination of Punk's rise and Del Rio having lost a lot of steam (despite the pushes they are trying to give him) is working out well for fans.  Cena/Punk should be an epic feud for a while now.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:26 PM »
They're still thinking of giving him a title run towards October, because the WWE is doing a Mexico tour...

But all signs point to them shuffling everything around CM Punk.  :D

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:06 PM »
So his shirt is online at WWE's shop, but without the "Chicago 7-17-11" bit. The original shirt design was on sale at the venue for MitB, and supposedly is going for $300-500 on ebay right now :omg:
Photobucket sucks.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »
>Summerslam.
>Cena vs Punk.
>Winner takes it all.
>Punk wins after a long and brutal match.
>Del Rio music hits.
>Cashes in on Punk.
>Wins.
>PPV ends.
>RAW
>First Segment.
>Del rio has the "real" title on his waist.
>Ricardo Rodriguez has the other one on his.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN HHH, DO IT.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »
That'd be horrible.  This Punk angle has the potential to bring in new fans or bring back old ones, and putting the strap on a chump like Del Rio (which would make those new or returning old fans go, "WTF?") would kill all of the momentum that has been building over the last month.  Cena/Punk needs to be front and center for a while (at least until they have to steer Cena back towards feuding with the Rock, in preparation for WM), and the two biggest commodities on Raw besides those two are Miz and Mysterio, not Del Rio.  Del Rio simply isn't main event or world title material right now.  The smart move would be to have him fail to cash in, and then have him win the U.S. title to see if he can gain any momentum back. 

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2011, 10:54:39 AM »
Who the hell is this Del Rio guy? Was he one of those guys who came up and was written to just beat everyone until he, by default, became a top-of-the-card wrestler?

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: In the meantime, I have new ROH tapes to watch!
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »
Del Rio was Dos Caras Jr., one of the top names in Lucia libre, son of the famous Dos Caras. Basically, their first attempt to find someone to replace Mysterio when he retires so they can keep the lucrative Hispanic market. It was a pretty big get for them, especially considering they got him to take his mask off, and probably led to them picking up Mistico (Sin Cara) and Averno as well.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Oh, okay. Makes sense. Is he any good in WWE?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: In the meantime, I have new ROH tapes to watch!
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
Del Rio was Dos Caras Jr., one of the top names in Lucia libre, son of the famous Dos Caras. Basically, their first attempt to find someone to replace Mysterio when he retires so they can keep the lucrative Hispanic market. It was a pretty big get for them, especially considering they got him to take his mask off, and probably led to them picking up Mistico (Sin Cara) and Averno as well.

Rumors have it Sin Cara's day maybe over. He failed a wellness test and WWE higher ups aren't happy with the fans response (pretty luke warm) . He is also having a hard time transitioning from the Lucia Libre style to something more suitable for WWE audiences ( they (management)  don't like alot of the high risk moves he does)

Latest on Sin Cara's status with WWE
» Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com
» On July 24, 2011 at 3:34 pm   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roy Sutherland sent word that Sin Cara has been removed from the WWE Summerslam poster. R-Truth is now replacing him which you can view at this link. An image of the old poster featuring Sin Cara can be viewed at this link.

As for Sin Cara's status with WWE following his 30 day suspension, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported this week that a number of people within WWE are under the impression that the company has decided to "cut bait on him." The writing team wasn't told until a day or two before the Money in the Bank PPV last Sunday that he needed to be written out and were also told to not "put any thought into any scenarios for him going forward." It should be noted that it wasn't made clear he was being released, but the tone seemed to indicate it.

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »

Rumors have it Sin Cara's day maybe over. He failed a wellness test and WWE higher ups aren't happy with the fans response (pretty luke warm) . He is also having a hard time transitioning from the Lucia Libre style to something more suitable for WWE audiences ( they (management)  don't like alot of the high risk moves he does)
And yet, they give him that high risk finishing move he uses and don't let him do La Mistica (his submission finisher in Mexico), which not only is it less risky, but can be done on whatever size wrestler they put him up against.

But he's been announce to appear on a show in October, so I guess they're giving him a second chance. From what I've heard, his reception has been lukewarm but he's moving merchandise.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:24 AM »
@kev
You hate on Del Rio too much mang, anyways i actually think summerslam would be to early for Del Rio, but i forgot to mention it.
And you need to understand this simple MITB escenario:
Punk is a fan favorite
Cena is a fan favorite
Del Rio Cashes in on any of those 2 after a match=Insta heat

I know the wwe can milk this feud between punk and cena a lot more, so instead of summerslam, survivor series or the mexico RAW show would be the most likely (and best) times for Del Rio to cash in.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »
See, I don't think that just because Del Rio won MITB, he has to be successful in cashing it in.  I know everyone so far in the history of MITB has been successful in doing so, but eventually someone has to fail, and Del Rio is just ordinary enough to be that guy! ;)  It can't be Del Rio failing against Cena, because Cena doesn't need the rub (not to mention that the internet world would explode with more SuperCena hate :lol), but just imagine if Del Rio tried to cash it in against Punk and failed!  Punk is already getting over with tons of fans, despite still being a heel technically, but you have him survive Del Rio's MITB cash-in, and he'd be more over than he already is right now. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
So, last night I watch TNA to see if it's gotten better since the last time I saw it... Man was that I painful 2 hours! Sting is now doing a TDK's Joker impression, which he does a good job but it's such a ripoff, oh and everyone whom he interacts with HAS to say at least 4 times "you're insane/crazy/nuts".

Ugh, TNA's horrible!

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
So, last night I watch TNA to see if it's gotten better since the last time I saw it... Man was that I painful 2 hours! Sting is now doing a TDK's Joker impression, which he does a good job but it's such a ripoff, oh and everyone whom he interacts with HAS to say at least 4 times "you're insane/crazy/nuts".

Ugh, TNA's horrible!

The highlightof TNA was when Jeff Hardy tried to wrestle while extremely high.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »

Ugh, TNA's horrible!

The highlightof TNA was when Jeff Hardy tried to wrestle while extremely high.
I saw that match on Botchamania, it was funny how Sting had to hold him down to finish the match quickly. I loved that they show after a fan screams "THAT'S BULLSHIT!" and Sting turns around and goes "I agree!" with such a frustrated face.

I was waiting for a Cornette "FUCK THIS COMPANY" face. :lol

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
not WWE or TNA but still an awesome takedown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggq27m5r1O8&feature=player_embedded
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:33 AM »
What is wrong with me when I expected this to be about punk music?

I watched wrestling back in 97-98ish.

Offline John94

« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
Skinny Fat Ass.

That is all. That is all.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2011, 02:05:25 PM »
He didn't say "fat". *shrugs*

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
Sure sounded like fat to me.

And basically everyone else.

Offline John94

« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »
While the impression of Johnny Ace was great, I am fed up of seeing him on TV already.

I bet he will be on screen more often too. GM maybe?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
I bet he will be on screen more often too. GM maybe?
Nah, he's gonna appear just to be the bad guy to Triple H's "I'm all about the fans" COO aproach.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #346 on: August 02, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »
Punk absolutely destroyed Helmsley in that promo last night, but give it time and HHH will probably do his usual routine and absolutely bury Punk. :\

And Cena's impersonation of Laurinaitis was pretty funny last night, as was the skateboard crack (a reference to when he was Johnny Ace, and he and Shane Douglas were the Dynamic Dudes back in the late 80s).  Cena can be funny on occasion when he wants to be. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #347 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
I loved when Punk did the pose Triple H used to do back when he was "The Connecticut Bluebood".

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #348 on: August 02, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »
Oh, and for all you Del Rio lovers, the crowd was absolutely dead for him last night.  He isn't even interesting enough to boo anymore. :lol :lol

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #349 on: August 02, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »
Oh, and for all you Del Rio lovers, the crowd was absolutely dead for him last night.  He isn't even interesting enough to boo anymore. :lol :lol
He lost all of his heat when he lost to Edge at WM that match killed him.