Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189440 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1120 on: February 26, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »
Featherhead Vince is already establishing himself as a major-league paranoia case.  WTF, dude?  Coconut vendor?  Chill. 

Dude is just straight up creepy and sleezy. It looked like he was sizing her up to see if her skin would fit him as a cape.

I was pleased to see the blue and no choose the honesty route, knowing that it would be easier than having to come up with some pathetic story that the rest of the team would see through anyway (as they did with white).  However, it appears that some didn't even believe the guys from blue, on having been honest, which is too bad.

Honestly, Probst and the producers were dicks on that because they know that the bags of rice and beans they've given tribes to start the game in the past were twice that size....so I'm certain they knew that even by choosing the honesty route....there would be those on the tribe who doubted them due to the minimal size of the honesty reward bag of beans. Dick move....but clever for the show/drama

I was quite pleased when the two from white lied to get an immunity idol clue, then the other chick still managed to find it before them.  It's always satisfying when it works out like that.

Another reason taking the clue to the idol was dumb. Anyone who watches the show knows they aren't really hiding these things any longer....they are doing just exactly what Carolyn said they do...they put them in an 'odd' looking place. Why even wait for a clue? Just go poke around for an hour or so and it's almost a guarantee to find one if you have half a brain.

I'm also in a 'B' Pool in the office because there were more people wanting to play.....I have creepy Vince and Nina in that one.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1121 on: February 26, 2015, 07:52:00 AM »
Dude is just straight up creepy and sleezy. It looked like he was sizing her up to see if her skin would fit him as a cape.

:rollin

It makes sense what you said about Probst and co. doing that anyway to create drama, knowing people may still not believe them.  I've heard complaints about the difference in the show, since Probst became producer in addition to host and how it feels like he has too heavy a hand in the goings-on now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1122 on: February 28, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
Finally got to watch it. Neat to see my old friend Will after all these years (we went to high school together).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1123 on: March 04, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »
Featherhead Fabio is out. He was a little annoying, but I'm a little bummed he's gone.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1124 on: March 05, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »
Featherhead Fabio is out. He was a little annoying, but I'm a little bummed he's gone.

He deserved to go for being a paranoid weirdo, but it would have been funny to see what happened with him. He's the kind of guy they'd possibly bring back in future seasons.

And quote of the episode - "Water always been black man kryptonite" :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: March 05, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »
That Tribe would have been finished had Jen or Joe been voted out. Featherhead was annoying as all,heck and I won't be surprised if it's learned he has bodies buried in his basement or eventually will bury bodies in his basement. He's off in a not good way.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1126 on: March 08, 2015, 06:45:27 PM »
And quote of the episode - "Water always been black man kryptonite" :lol
Yep, that's Will.  He always used to say stuff like that in school.  :lol

Not sure if it was a good move strategically, but I'm glad Featherface is gone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1127 on: March 19, 2015, 06:44:31 AM »
Here I'm looking all over the place in GD for the f*cking Survivor thread and it's nowhere to be found.  Then I saw this new forum.  Awesome.

So nice double episode last night.  I gotta say when you get nailed in the head and are bleeding to the point of needing stitches, but opt for a bandage so you can finish the challenge, even if you lose, you're badass in my book.  Holy crap.

I'm okay with both of the votes last night.  Max taught a class on Survivor at Northwestern University.  From his bio:

Why You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’ll survive because of my laser-like focus, confidence, conviction and level-headedness. Oh, and did I mention that I taught a college class on Survivor?

Despite all he knows about it (and he clearly knows a LOT about it), he still managed to be a complete pain in the ass, socially, which sent him right out the door, despite being one of the only men on his new tribe.  Which is another thing that gets me.  Why does it always seem that when they pick new tribes at random like this, that you ALWAYS end up with two incredibly lopsided tribes?  I mean it's WAY off.  Hell, Max was the only one on his tribe that really helped hustle the damned sled through the obstacle course.  But by then, it was WAY too late.

Rodney is a major league toolbag who looks way too much like Vanilla Ice.  Even if you have strong opinions about women or anything else, he is not stupid.  He HAS to know that even saying something like he said about women needing to hold themselves to a higher standard would rub SOMEONE the wrong way, most likely someone at camp.  SO WHY DOUBLE DOWN ON STUPID AND GO AHEAD AND SAY IT?????

The last thing you want to do on Survivor is stand out as someone annoying or prejudiced.  It puts a huge target on you.  The only explanation that possibly makes any sense is that they're being encouraged by production to create drama somehow.  Nobody is this completely stupid and lacking in self-awareness.  Dan was the same way at the start.  Mouthy and belligerent.  These are people he didn't even know and he was being rude and talking down to them.

I know it's a whole lot easier to be judgmental when you're sitting on your couch, properly nourished, comfortable, and not wracked with paranoia, but still.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: March 19, 2015, 02:13:00 PM »
Yeah, the reshuffle is probably the most lop-sided I've seen, and they often end up lop-sided. Could it have been more lop-sided? I genuinely don't think it could have been.
That blue team is going to dominate physical challenges, as they did in that episode. It seemed early to merge down to two teams. I thought they held off longer in the past before doing that.

I was fine with both votes. The chick was annoying and loud, and the hipster was pretty worthless. They really need to get rid of Rodney, but I'm not sure how soon that team is going to lose now. You can't win with a social game by being a loud douchebag.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1129 on: March 20, 2015, 06:50:45 AM »
Nope.  The amount of people who are coming off as completely socially inept this season is staggering.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: March 20, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
It might be the case of having more similar personality types per team this season, especially when you've got a bunch of alphas around. I don't think the reshuffle helped there either, if anything it probably made it worse for the blue team.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1131 on: March 22, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »
Just caught the latest episode. I know Will, a couple of chicks from No Collar are cool, but otherwise it is tough to find people to like on this season.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »
Finally caught the double episode. I agree with the sentiment that the two team merge was one of the most lopsided merges in the shows history. I don't even think the red team will compete in challenges that are supposed to be geared towards the mental aspect....

One of my office pics was voted off...the Lindsay chic.  Oh well. But she's sorely mistaken if she thinks a blue collar is going to win it all. None of them are strong players.....save the UC Cop Kelly. She has the best shot out of them

Jenn cracks me up....her bluntness is funny to me.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: March 26, 2015, 01:16:02 AM »
It would have been nice to see Rodney go, but the look of utter confusion on his face after that blindside was absolutely priceless.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1134 on: March 26, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
It sure was.  I didn't want ot see Joaquin go, I thought he was okay, but Rodney is a freakin' mess.  So utterly delusional, as demonstrated with Joaquin's exit.  It was kinda nice to see red win the reward challenge on their own merit, giving Shirin AND Will opportunities to redeem themselves a little.  And the throw in the immunity challenge was almost too obvious, but maybe that's just because watching at home we already knew it was happening.  Maybe from the mat, it wasn't all that apparent.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
With the dialogue levels boosted, it appeared really obvious as a home viewer, but if you were only seeing it from the mat without hearing what was going on, it might not have been so noticeable. I had the same thought though.

I didn't have a problem with Joaquin either, it only brought me joy as a blow to Rodney's ego.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1136 on: March 26, 2015, 09:20:54 AM »
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro
Bro

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1137 on: March 30, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
I guess the only real question at this point is:

How many Tapout shirts does Rodney own?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1138 on: March 30, 2015, 11:07:44 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

No shit.  Such a douche.

Bro.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1139 on: March 30, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »
I know, bro.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1140 on: March 30, 2015, 09:49:10 PM »
Finally caught up....yeah, the throw was obvious to the viewer....it was bad acting. Curious as to how noticeable it was to the contestants. Anyway.....I Think Joaquin was the right call because Rodney will certainly write his own ticket home...he's incapable of the social game. Joes a threat now that they've merged big time. I have a feeling he might win three or four individual immunity idols.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:10 PM »
That was awesome! One of the few times a played idol completely threw the vote back at the 'dominant' teams vote. So cool!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: April 01, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »
There's nothing more satisfying than playing the idol when it really saves your ass, and that was the biggest save I've seen, so Jen was smart to play it. Wouldn't it have sucked to go home when the vote was that one sided? :lol

It's also nice to again see Rodney have the vote not go his way too. That's two weeks in a row now.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1143 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:33 PM »
. Joes a threat now that they've merged big time. I have a feeling he might win three or four individual immunity idols.

That's one.....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1144 on: April 01, 2015, 09:30:40 PM »
1/3 of the way there!
They try to mix up the immunity challenges to not entirely favour one particular skill, and winning that many challenges would just put a target on him the second he loses one.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: April 02, 2015, 07:16:13 AM »
1/3 of the way there!
They try to mix up the immunity challenges to not entirely favour one particular skill, and winning that many challenges would just put a target on him the second he loses one.

Well he's voted out the second he isn't immune. He's that big a threat in the challenges. I think he's proven he is a top competitor in whatever challenge they throw out there.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1146 on: April 02, 2015, 07:28:55 AM »
Absolutely.  They've all made it quite clear, it seems, that he's out ASAP.  I was totally hoping he'd win and throw their whole plan out of whack.  And yeah, playing the idol and turning everything upside down was BEAUTIFUL.  So perfect.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1147 on: April 02, 2015, 07:42:14 AM »
Like Blob said....I think that is the first time the idol truly saved a person who was clearly going to be voted out on a massively lopsided vote. that's what made it so awesome.....along with that taunting laugh that Jenn through in there as she witnessed their plan fail and hers work perfectly!!! :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1148 on: April 02, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »
Yep, it was extremely satisfying to watch.  :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1149 on: April 02, 2015, 08:04:08 AM »
Also, DUMBEST TRIBE NAME EVER.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »
Also, DUMBEST TRIBE NAME EVER.

yep. that was a major  :facepalm:    Just like.....REALLY?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1151 on: April 02, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
I thought (I could be mistaken) that they used to try to at least familiarize them with a little bit of local dialect or words or something or other, so that they could make a tribe name that sounds like it belongs.  Now they've got

Merica

So dumb.  Shirin's confessional bit about the name was priceless.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: April 02, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
As a non-Merican, I find that tribe name hilarious. :lol

And yes, seeing that vote go down was very satisfying, with Rodney looking around with that confused dipshit look I'm sure he's well practiced at by now.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1153 on: April 08, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
Dan and Rodney both need to STFU and GTFO. Both have been dicks since day one.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: April 08, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »
. Joes a threat now that they've merged big time. I have a feeling he might win three or four individual immunity idols.

That's one.....

The reward challenge and Immunity #2.....

I was hoping they'd vote Dan out but had a suspicion Tyler wasn't going to flip. I bought the girl power thing though.