Author Topic: Kamelot  (Read 154818 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Re: Kamelot
« Reply #1260 on: September 19, 2022, 04:28:02 AM »

Hey! We agree!

Scary thing is a love all the band's you mentioned below  :omg:

Just looked up the lineup. I always like seeing Kamelot, and I'd love to see Ad Infintium and Myrath and maybe Unleash the Archers, but that's about it. It'd be cool if Ad Infinitum toured with Kamelot and Melissa could be their screamer/singer too.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1261 on: September 20, 2022, 05:28:51 AM »
Can't wait to hear new songs like Obsidian Memory, Cathartic Suicide, The Imperial Abstraction or whatever random words they decide to throw together that sound vaguely dystopian.

:rollin

Which one of them will continue the style of Sacrimony / Veil of Elysum / Whatever song from the last album copied these last two   (probably Phantom Divine)? similar to how Nightwish have the "Dark Chest of Wonders riff" style song on every album since Once  :D

(And for the record, The Imperial Abstraction sounds totally like a legit intro track)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline 425

« Reply #1262 on: September 20, 2022, 09:03:55 AM »
Phantom Divine is the Sacrimony track, yes. That's one I like a lot even though it isn't the most original thing ever. I like it much better than Veil of Elysium. That's partly because I think it was a great opener for the I Am the Empire Blu-Ray/live album, which I enjoyed a lot. Not for non-fans of the Karevik era, but I think they picked most of the best tracks from the last two albums plus some big numbers from their back catalogue and really went all out in terms of guest appearances.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1263 on: September 20, 2022, 09:11:22 AM »
Can't wait to hear new songs like Obsidian Memory, Cathartic Suicide, The Imperial Abstraction or whatever random words they decide to throw together that sound vaguely dystopian.

:rollin

Which one of them will continue the style of Sacrimony / Veil of Elysum / Whatever song from the last album copied these last two   (probably Phantom Divine)? similar to how Nightwish have the "Dark Chest of Wonders riff" style song on every album since Once  :D

(And for the record, The Imperial Abstraction sounds totally like a legit intro track)

And I am all here for it. I enjoy all of those songs.

I do wish they would explore a bit more lighthearted stuff. I don't mean cheesy powermetal or "party" music or anything, but almost all songs are so gloomy/dystopian in tone, I'd like a bit more variety on that front.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1264 on: January 06, 2023, 09:16:25 AM »
Looks like the album announcement is coming January 12th along with maybe the first single.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1265 on: January 06, 2023, 09:29:44 AM »
Giggity.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1266 on: January 06, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »
Super pumped for The Crimson Artifact!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1267 on: January 06, 2023, 08:05:49 PM »
Looks like the album announcement is coming January 12th along with maybe the first single.

The teaser sounds great! I really dig Kamelot!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #1268 on: January 06, 2023, 09:26:08 PM »

Agreed. They are the only Symphonic metal band I can get into though! :facepalm:

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #1269 on: January 06, 2023, 10:31:10 PM »

Agreed. They are the only Symphonic metal band I can get into though! :facepalm:
Agree

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1270 on: January 06, 2023, 10:35:32 PM »
Hopefully the announcement is a US tour attached to their PPUSA appearance...maybe with Myrath in tow since they'll be there too.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1271 on: January 07, 2023, 06:24:58 AM »

I was going to make a similar joke and the title "Winter's Lament" popped in my head. Out of curiosity I googled it to see if it was taken and it was.

Online Adami

« Reply #1272 on: January 07, 2023, 06:44:41 AM »
Hopefully the announcement is a US tour attached to their PPUSA appearance...maybe with Myrath in tow since they'll be there too.

Kamelot and Myrath is a show I’d go see for sure.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: January 07, 2023, 07:46:26 AM »

That pairing is touring Europe this winter, so it's possible they take the same tour to the US. I think there's 100% a Kamelot tour next fall though.

Online Adami

« Reply #1274 on: January 07, 2023, 07:57:02 AM »

That pairing is touring Europe this winter, so it's possible they take the same tour to the US. I think there's 100% a Kamelot tour next fall though.

I've seen Kamelot and despite my making fun of their modern style (and not liking it as much) I still enjoy the hell out of them. These days, however, I need to enjoy more than just the closer unless they're Pain of Salvation or something. So if Kamelot is touring with a band that really gets me excited, the way Myrath would, then I'll go. But if they pick a band I have no interest in, I'd probably end up skipping.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1275 on: January 07, 2023, 08:46:49 AM »

Underrated post.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1276 on: January 12, 2023, 08:19:33 AM »
The new song is ok. Nothing special.

One More Flag in the Ground
https://youtu.be/hyduA9PCsl8

Online Adami

« Reply #1277 on: January 12, 2023, 08:29:28 AM »
Song is fine? Nothing awful about it, but jesus is it monotonous. There's a key change in the guitar solo but other than that, it feels like it just kind of drones the same thing over and over.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1278 on: January 12, 2023, 08:32:50 AM »
I miss the old cheesy power metal Kamelot.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1279 on: January 12, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »
That was boring as hell. 

Online Adami

« Reply #1280 on: January 12, 2023, 08:37:59 AM »
I miss the old cheesy power metal Kamelot.

I just miss when they were writing with the life and zest. This whole dystopian, everything is gloomy and dark and serious and heavy, is boring as all hell.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1281 on: January 12, 2023, 10:24:35 AM »
They have now hit the same situation that I have with Within Temptation and their song Raise Your Banner.

I didn't mind the meaning of the song, but the music is just there.

I'm sure it will be better live, but at that it's really formulaic and reminds me of a lot of modern rock such as Pop Evil. It has that same sound and the same structure to me. I could hear this song with those types of vocals.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #1282 on: January 12, 2023, 11:28:56 AM »
That was boring as hell.

I think you are being too kind, Kamelot have turned into the most cookie-cutter, generic, boring band I can think of.
There is no life, no soul and lacking energy.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1283 on: January 12, 2023, 12:01:16 PM »
Haven really grew on me during 2015 - 2018 even though I still think Silverthorn is definitely the best album from Tommy era. The Shadow Theory did nothing for me at all, I think I listened to it once or twice and didn't bother after that (although In Twilight Hours is a fantastic song).

I hoped the big pause (it's been five years after all) between albums would lead to something way more exciting that this. It's amazing how they managed to find such a good replacement for Roy, start off strong with two very good albums and then started to release these kind of songs.

I'll still check out the album just in case, but my expectations are extremely low after this single.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1284 on: January 12, 2023, 12:17:05 PM »
Song is decent.  One listen so I need more, but it sounds different enough from the last two albums to make me think the album could bring something new, but it's not different enough in the end to think this album will be a departure.  I just want something different than Haven/Shadow THeory which felt like those two albums were the same.  I think the single give some hope that will happen but without giving me the optimism that the album will be strong.  Singles aren't always the best song though so we'll see.  I'm still excited for the full album at this point though.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1285 on: January 12, 2023, 01:09:51 PM »
Wow, getting harsh in here.  :)

I don't necessarily disagree, but I haven't spent the time with the albums that I should to really say the same things.  I just haven't been motivated to.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1286 on: January 12, 2023, 01:46:13 PM »
Wow, getting harsh in here.  :)

:lol yeah, the song isn't THAT bad. I actually enjoyed it, it's just not a "wow" type of track.

Online Adami

« Reply #1287 on: January 12, 2023, 01:49:46 PM »
To be fair, I think the only thing said about the song is that it's boring. Of course there was some colorful language to describe that, but it's just been called boring thus far.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lethean

« Reply #1288 on: January 12, 2023, 01:57:14 PM »
No life and no soul is quite the statement though. :)

I'm not criticizing anyone though.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1289 on: January 12, 2023, 02:00:48 PM »
In some ways I'm just happy it's not another Phantom Divine style type of song they've grown accustomed to releasing as their single.  The chorus seems a bit different in style while trying to stick to that power metal catchiness although it hasn't quite clicked for me yet after another listen and the keyboards are a nice different touch of style.  The guitar playing seems very similar to what they've been doing.  I'm still obsessed with Tommy's vocals so it's almost always going to be a win just hearing him sing for me.

Online Adami

« Reply #1290 on: January 12, 2023, 02:04:42 PM »
No life and no soul is quite the statement though. :)

I'm not criticizing anyone though.

Colorful language for boring, at least as I read it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1291 on: January 12, 2023, 02:18:10 PM »
In some ways I'm just happy it's not another Phantom Divine style type of song they've grown accustomed to releasing as their single.  The chorus seems a bit different in style while trying to stick to that power metal catchiness although it hasn't quite clicked for me yet after another listen and the keyboards are a nice different touch of style.  The guitar playing seems very similar to what they've been doing.  I'm still obsessed with Tommy's vocals so it's almost always going to be a win just hearing him sing for me.

I am sure I heard that in the teaser video, and we may still get that as a single to come.

I didn't say it was boring either. I actually think it would sound better in a live setting, with the audience chanting along as well.

I listened to it a bit more and I will say, I am vastly enjoying how Tommy's vocals sound on this song. He is finally utilizing his entire vocal capabilities and I was pleased with what I heard in the ending. And I enjoy that sort of Pop Evil/Starset style of rock, so me saying it's formulaic like those bands isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's something I noticed and it's interesting seeing them have a song that has a similar sort of vibe I get with those bands. Especially since the song seems to be about human freedoms, such as an individual right, and that is the "last domain" to protect, being a "soldier of one".
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1292 on: January 12, 2023, 03:57:10 PM »
Sounds at half speed (aka a bit boring).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: January 12, 2023, 04:13:47 PM »
That was boring as hell.

Been that way since Tommy entered in my opinion.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #1294 on: January 12, 2023, 04:51:03 PM »
The song does little for me. This is not a song suited for your first music in 5 years and after years of inactivity in my opinion..

I love Silverthorn and Haven and enjoy The Shadow Theory quite a bit. The live album was solid but they polished it too much (and that was not necessary, I saw the show in person and it was great). I would be fine with more of the same, but something here does not appeal to me. This song to me would be bottom tier on any of those albums.

So yeah, unfortunately I am not positive either.

I just compared the song to the other Tommy albums and something about the sound production / effects kills Tommy's vocals for me here.