Author Topic: LithoJazzoSphere Roulette V1: Variety & Reciprocity (Post-Roulette Playlist)  (Read 119070 times)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see if Crow responds (or Litho confirms the Actor|Observer thing), if not, I'm sending them; if they're taken, I'll pick something else.

Check your e-mail. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
why would i tell you what i sent ahead of time (yes obviously i sent them)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, such drama and suspense in the roulette.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
That's fair, thought this would score a little higher, but I knew it was risky anyway.

Sending some power electronics soon :metal

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Trying to beat Crow to the first 4/10?   :biggrin:

Offline senecadawg2

Updated my submission
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
Sent
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
I've never even heard of power electronics as a music genre.

Oh god, am I turning into Tim?!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son

That TACitis is making its rounds on the forums the last few days  :lol
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Sent something medium difficulty.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That TACitis is making its rounds on the forums the last few days  :lol

:lol

Don't fight it. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

It's an industrial subgenre (the "real" industrial, though I usually prefer the "fake" stuff). 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll send in ~2 hours, apologies for the delay.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
I'll send in ~2 hours, apologies for the delay.

Same, except maybe 4 hours

Edit: Sent something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 12:30:49 PM by Vmadera00 »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Sent!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline SoundscapeMN

I forget, if the total length of the songs goes to about 16 minutes, is there a problem?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
A few seconds over isn't a big deal for me (especially since it could often be eliminated if you cut silence at the beginning/end of songs and just sent custom MP3s), but a minute is a bit too much. 

Offline SoundscapeMN

i modified it and sent my submission in. My original selection of tracks would have been over 16 minutes.

Of course it's now I re-read some of the details of this round and realize another artist I could have sent that might have fit this round a little better, but so be it.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sent some hardcore punk  :metal

Offline Tomislav95

Finally sent, sorry for slacking. It's probably obvious which genre I sent ;D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
While I'm still waiting for everything to roll in, a tiny post-round listening update is that while checking out albums from high-scoring submissions last round, Submotion Orchestra's "All Yours" might be an even better song than the two ariich sent.  Dirt Poor Robins had a similar effect a few rounds ago, as did Caro Emerald (I think I was too busy or distracted at the time to mention that "Home" from a different album has been a smash hit for me). 

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Pretty much every song on their debut and the 1968 EP is amazing but yeah I'm sure your standouts will differ from mine. Hard to Stay is my definite number 1 though.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
That was easily still my favorite on that EP after one listen through it.  I imagine some of the others will grow on later plays, but "All Yours" on Finest Hour just bowled me over instantly.  I don't love trumpet nearly as much as saxophone, but it's just perfection there. 

Also, Circus of Fools might have one of the steepest growth climbs I've seen.  Their Ikarus/Obsidian Black EP in '14 is pretty rough, you can see the germ of some good ideas, but they sound closer to how they look there, whereas the releases in the last few years now are pretty stellar. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:24:23 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Also, Circus of Fools might have one of the steepest growth climbs I've seen.  Their Ikarus/Obsidian Black EP in '14 is pretty rough, you can see the germ of some good ideas, but they sound closer to how they look there, whereas the releases in the last few years now are pretty stellar.

Yeah, I really like them. I got onto them with Contracult. They had a change of female singers between Contracult and A Broadcast From Gen .0. Their new singer, Tammy, is excellent. I think she's more versatile than Carolin, though she had a great tone.

I really don't care for the outfits and all, but they hit a spot for me.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
It's gonna take some time to be able to tell the differences in vocalists, but Contracult is criminally underrated on RYM (super low number of ratings to be enough of a sample size to say much though, and no reviews to explain their folly). 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, that's a really good album. I should rate it.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
There are few enough ratings that if you and ariich both rate it decently it might rise to an acceptable level.   :lol

Ah, Tammy was on "Relentless Abnormality" with the super-thick but endearing accent.  I still have that "nutty as a fruitcake" line stuck in my head at times.   :coolio
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:58:36 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
Also, I thought about putting this in my writeup but couldn't figure out where to fit it at the time, but the Dutch viola player even has some fun playthroughs of various songs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGG8ySs-vxg
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 05:18:49 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
There are few enough ratings that if you and ariich both rate it decently it might rise to an acceptable level.   :lol

I'm still waiting for Ariich to rate it decently. :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
....... stepping into thread   looking around,,,,   wow  you all are so awesome I have no idea whats going on but I know its beyond my abilities to do,, :tup :corn
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
....... stepping into thread   looking around,,,,   wow  you all are so awesome I have no idea whats going on but I know its beyond my abilities to do,, :tup :corn

You have the ability to love music and tell people about it. You already got it, bro!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

You have the ability to love music and tell people about it. You already got it, bro!

wow  who knew I was sooooo good brother   !!  Im a natural : )
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption

Hosting is mostly just a bunch of time listening to music, writing about it, and a thousand administrative details, but anyone on the forum could join one as a participant.  It could easily be you in the next one!  Once ariich finishes in a couple months I think lonestar will be running one.  You could give it a try, you might become addicted like the rest of us.   :biggrin:

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

Hosting is mostly just a bunch of time listening to music, writing about it, and a thousand administrative details, but anyone on the forum could join one as a participant.  It could easily be you in the next one!  Once ariich finishes in a couple months I think lonestar will be running one.  You could give it a try, you might become addicted like the rest of us.   :biggrin:

Id love to be active but I just dont have the time ,,, but THANK YOU for the kind invite and  ye never know,.. but its totally awesome and you guys are even more awesome

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Sent round 10 by PM
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey