Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 70929 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #1470 on: May 01, 2023, 09:42:29 PM »
If I were to fully voice my frustration right now, I would get banned from this website.

Been there my man…..I feel ya.

I don’t think anything will ever top you flipping off every page of your Blues calendar, but I haven’t felt this angry at a Rangers playoff performance since the conference finals in 2015. Absolutely pathetic showing. With the best roster I’ve ever seen for my team and a conference that was blown wide open when the Bruins and Lightning went down, this team should have gone all the way to the finals, games 3, 4, and 6 showed what they could do when they play hard, but it was clear from the moment they skated onto the ice tonight that they just didn’t have it. They looked like they didn’t even want to be there. Poor Igor, Vlad, and Trouba, the only three guys who gave a fuck and played their asses off the whole series. They deserve better.

They certainly didn’t play with urgency or confidence. As you mentioned…..they had a pretty stacked roster and ‘could’ have made some noise. This is why playoff hockey is so great. No guarantees…..teams that bond and rally together win games and series they have no business winning. It’s a blast but utterly heartbreaking at the same time.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1471 on: May 02, 2023, 03:56:34 AM »
I'm bummed for the Count; but happy for Axeman.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1472 on: May 02, 2023, 04:05:13 AM »
So yesterday morning, Florida/Ticketmaster announced that only US residents could buy tickets for the Panthers' home games.  Ultimately, they recanted and "clarified" that for the first 24 hours, only US residents could buy tickets.   :lol :lol  Like that will make a difference.  Watching game 6 against the Bs, there were plenty of open seats. That team/arena can't sell out with their own fanbase.

This was trending on Cdn Twitter by the end of the day - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHC1EJHljjc

:rollin
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1473 on: May 02, 2023, 04:29:52 AM »
My friend lives about 1 & 1/2 hours away. He showed me tickets still available between $75 & $99 in their lodge.  My balcony seats for game 2 were $300. 

Crazy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1474 on: May 02, 2023, 06:37:23 AM »
If I were to fully voice my frustration right now, I would get banned from this website.

Still there; I feel ya.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1475 on: May 02, 2023, 07:05:00 AM »
Local news just reported that tickets to see the Kraken home games are more expensive than flying to Dallas and buying a ticket down there.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1476 on: May 02, 2023, 07:05:24 AM »

Still there; I feel ya.

I'm not. I'll likely post my post mortem will come this afternoon.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1477 on: May 02, 2023, 07:05:55 AM »
Local news just reported that tickets to see the Kraken home games are more expensive than flying to Dallas and buying a ticket down there.

Welcome to every sport in Boston.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1478 on: May 02, 2023, 07:40:39 AM »

Seriously.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: May 02, 2023, 02:16:09 PM »

Seriously.

It's why probably 1/2 the season ticket holders for the Sabres are Canadian.  They actually perform both anthems at ALL Sabres home games - not just the ones against Canadian teams.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1480 on: May 02, 2023, 02:34:29 PM »
We looked at going to a game in Buffalo, and I was shocked at how expensive the tickets were. Of course, compared to Toronto, they're a bargain.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: May 02, 2023, 06:10:10 PM »
Man ……this announcing crew for the Leafs/Panthers game is BA-ROOT-AL

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1482 on: May 02, 2023, 08:20:55 PM »
Trying to pack for a last-minute trip to Florida. When Dallas scored the first goal, I walked away for just a few minutes. When I came back, Seattle was up 3 to 2!

Is anyone playing goal tonight?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1483 on: May 02, 2023, 08:21:28 PM »
And as soon as I posted that, Seattle scored again!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1484 on: May 02, 2023, 10:12:35 PM »
Joe Pavelski is having quite a game.  This is only his second game of the playoffs after missing the previous 5 after that hit and here he is with four goals with the score tied at 4-4.  I didn't think he had this in him after taking that hit at his age.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1485 on: May 02, 2023, 10:20:29 PM »
That was the worst most blatant hooking I’ve ever seen in my entire life, and it almost ended up in a goal that lost the Kraken the game. As it is, I will take the OT.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1486 on: May 02, 2023, 11:00:43 PM »
Well, that was a fun Stars/Kraken game.  Give me about 5-6 more of those please.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1487 on: May 02, 2023, 11:02:46 PM »
Being from Seattle, I am typically used to disappointment. This feels so unusual.

We’ve only really had two occasions, where we could really celebrate. Well…3.  The 78 Sonics, the 95 Mariners, and the 14 Seahawks (even though the Mariners did not go all the way, that end of season and early playoff run was unlike anything I’ve ever seen in the history of baseball.)

I’m still thinking we probably lose it in seven. But what a fun season this has been!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1488 on: May 02, 2023, 11:38:19 PM »
Being from Seattle, I am typically used to disappointment. This feels so unusual.

Disappointment implies expectations, how often do we actually have those?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1489 on: May 03, 2023, 12:20:51 AM »

Disappointment implies expectations, how often do we actually have those?

Good point!

My dreams were dashed early in life when the 83 Seahawks went to the AFC Championship…and were trounced.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1490 on: May 03, 2023, 08:41:00 AM »
If the Florida Panthers would have brought this level of compete to last year's team they would have won a cup. I just can't get over how much harder they are playing this year as opposed to last.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1491 on: May 03, 2023, 08:43:54 AM »
If the Florida Panthers would have brought this level of compete to last year's team they would have won a cup. I just can't get over how much harder they are playing this year as opposed to last.

Yeah…..they’re a scary team right now because of the attitude and confidence. Winning all the battles and just refuse to hand anything over to anyone. You want it….you have to earn it and take it.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1492 on: May 03, 2023, 09:15:53 AM »

Yeah…..they’re a scary team right now because of the attitude and confidence. Winning all the battles and just refuse to hand anything over to anyone. You want it….you have to earn it and take it.

Tkachuk is a big part of that.   He's just a monster, and he's playing like it. Florida didn't have him last year.   He's the type of player that commands attention.  Montour is not the Montour of these playoffs without Matthew Tkachuk, full stop.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1493 on: May 03, 2023, 10:35:05 AM »

Tkachuk is a big part of that.   He's just a monster, and he's playing like it. Florida didn't have him last year.   He's the type of player that commands attention.  Montour is not the Montour of these playoffs without Matthew Tkachuk, full stop.

Love him or hate him he does bring a swagger along with him that had inspired his teammates to go ‘all in’.

Most every Stanley Cup Championship team has a certain ‘belief’ they buy in to and just play hard for one another.

Minus the silly Covid Tournament Cup. That one still should hold a huge pronounced asterisk next to it. We all ‘get’ why it had to happen but that wasn’t a real Cup IMO.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1494 on: May 03, 2023, 11:37:52 AM »
Minus the silly Covid Tournament Cup. That one still should hold a huge pronounced asterisk next to it. We all ‘get’ why it had to happen but that wasn’t a real Cup IMO.

The only thing wrong about that year was the league insisting on using the play-in round as part of the playoff statistics. The playoffs should have only started after that round when there were the 16 teams left that usually compete for a cup.

But given the circumstance, in hindsight it was a great setup. Every team who would have had a reasonable chance to compete for a playoff spot when things were paused got a chance to claim those spots.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1495 on: May 03, 2023, 10:11:15 PM »
Well,  Draisaitl is having himself a night.  A Pavelski kinda night.  Now, if only the rest of the team could do something...

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1496 on: May 03, 2023, 10:23:57 PM »
Absolutely amazing. Twice in one week a player is going to score 4 goals in a losing effort.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1497 on: May 03, 2023, 10:29:46 PM »
If I'm Pavelski or Draisaitl, I'm putting my teammates on blast in that locker room.  It must be really frustrating to score four goals in a game and your teammates let you down.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 10:49:05 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1498 on: May 04, 2023, 07:55:54 AM »
If I'm Pavelski or Draisaitl, I'm putting my teammates on blast in that locker room.  It must be really frustrating to score four goals in a game and your teammates let you down.

Here's my favorite thing about this:

I'm very surprised that Pavelski managed four goals in one game, and equally surprised the Stars managed to lose in spite of that.

I'm not at all surprised that Draisaitl managed four goals in one game, and equally not at all surprised the Oilers managed to lose in spite of that.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1499 on: May 04, 2023, 11:12:06 AM »
RIP Petr Klima

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/czech-hockey-star-petr-klima-dead-at-age-of-58-1.1956126

58..WTF??
The article talks about the 1990 triple OT game in the Finals against the Bruins. Ugh..I watched that entire game.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: May 04, 2023, 11:23:13 AM »
I fell asleep in the 3rd overtime and missed it.  Woke up to the disgust of my bother and my friend.  I had to get up at 5 am the next day. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: May 04, 2023, 11:53:14 AM »
I'm not sure if I stayed up for all of that one (I probably did). 

I KNOW I stayed up for the Isles/Capitals marathon.  I'll never forget the body language of absolute exhaustion + dejection + relief from Bob Mason.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1502 on: May 04, 2023, 07:46:45 PM »
Man….Toronto.  ???   Can’t decide if the Panthers are playing that great or if Toronto is just crapping the bed right now. Maybe a combo of both.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1503 on: May 04, 2023, 07:50:07 PM »
Bobrovsky won that game in the third period. The guy was incredible.

The Panthers are good. I dreaded playing them from the beginning. If Bobrovsky can keep this up, who's going to beat them?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: May 04, 2023, 08:08:30 PM »
Yeah... other than the first 66 seconds of the 2nd period, the Leafs dominated the Panthers.  The shots may have been 11-11 in the 3rd, but the ice was definitely tilted.  Bobs is looking like 'swept-Tampa-Bobs', not 'can't-stop-a-beachball-Bobs'.  I think the Leafs hit the pipe 3 times.  Marner, Tavares and Nylander with 6 shots each; Matthews with 5.

I was out, and didn't get to see Game 1, but jingle.kids told me they played good that game too. 

Just as the Leafs did to Tampa a couple of times, they were the better team tonight, but the Panthers got the W.