Author Topic: NBA 2023 CAPSTONE **DENVER NUGGETS FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP**  (Read 15195 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: NBA 2023 CAPSTONE **DENVER NUGGETS FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP**
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2023, 03:40:38 AM »
No more Boston fans screaming every time Smart takes a three.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2023, 05:20:51 AM »
No more Boston fans screaming every time Smart takes a three.  Lol

:(

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2023, 07:25:16 AM »
Funny thing is on BOS part, if the post is still on ig and Twitter, they posted a Smart hype video hours before the trade... not a very smart move, lol  :lol
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2023, 08:39:59 AM »
They did it to Marcus exit :neverusethis:

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2023, 10:22:17 AM »
Well, considering Porzingis is hurt a lot, I'm not sure, in a vacuum, how this makes Boston "better," per se. They obviously have eyes on Chris Paul, and since they tried to trade Brogdon first, their were aiming for a Paul/Smart tandem. But since the Clippers cried foul on Brogdon's physical condition (which has merit), they went with plan 1a.

IF Chris Paul is bought out and goes to Boston, the starting lineup looks formidable:

C - Porzingis
PF - Horfod
SF - Tatum
SG - Brown
PG - Paul

Bench:

Williams
Williams
White
Brogdon

(and I assume whoever they pick at #25 tonight)

That'd be the rotation. It's certainly more offensively gifted with Paul and Porzingis. But if you assume that Porzingis is going to miss 20 games, and Brogdon will as well, did Boston REALLY get better? We'll see.

Fire sale is ON in Washington. They got a solid PG in Tyus Jones. This works out well for him. This is the last year of his deal. He's one of the most underrated PGs in the league, and if he gets the chance to start all 82 games this year, he'll put himself in line for a big time FA deal next summer.

As for the Grizzlies, I'm unsure why they are doing this deal. Jones has the best assist to turnover ratio in the league, and when he starts, is a 15/9 player with good defensive. Sure, Smart is a better defender, and probably a touch better as a scorer than Jones. But I really think this is more of a wash for the Grizz, so I don't know what their motivation was for this.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2023, 10:42:04 AM »
Seems that Grant Williams will not be on the team.  He's going to get too much money on the free market and the Cs won't match. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2023, 12:02:51 PM »
Seems that Grant Williams will not be on the team.  He's going to get too much money on the free market and the Cs won't match.

Which is probably why that #25 pick tonight is key for the Celtics.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2023, 12:40:13 PM »
They definitely cleared room on the bottom end of the roster to do so. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2023, 12:53:25 PM »
Speaking of the draft, I heard this story a few days ago. I shouldn't care but reading the story annoyed me  :lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/tiktoker-nba-draft-eligible-hes-201808698.html
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »
Poole out.... CP3 in... didn't see it coming, wow!
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2023, 09:02:32 AM »
Speaking of the draft, I heard this story a few days ago. I shouldn't care but reading the story annoyed me  :lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/tiktoker-nba-draft-eligible-hes-201808698.html

I'm totally making myself draft eligible next year. Just to say I'm an undrafted rookie.

re: the 2023 draft and the Timberwolves

VERY pleased at what the Wolves did last night, trading to acquire the 33rd pick and during that into Leonard Miller and then drafting Jaylen Clark with the 53rd. Miller was a huge impact player for the G-League Ignite last year and I expect him to cut his way into the rotation in the next couple of years. Same with Clark. Clark was an elite college defender and on his way to perhaps the DPOY award this season before he went down with an injury.

GREAT value in the 2nd round, which Tim Connelly is known for (Jokic). Not saying either of this guys will end up being like Jokic. But I see them both being in the rotation by their second or third year. Just like Naz Reid developed.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni