Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 103005 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1680 on: December 04, 2022, 05:39:05 PM »
Bengals are now 3-0 against the Chiefs in 2022.

I think it is very possible that Hurts moved ahead of Mahomes today in the MVP race.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1681 on: December 04, 2022, 05:41:04 PM »
Jimmy G carted off the feild. That pretty much fucks our season.
Switched over to watch Mr. Irrelevant. Hard not to root for the guy, and he's sure trying to make a name for himself.

Who’s Mr. Irrelevant?

Brock Purdy, Mr irrelevant is the moniker given to the last player selected in the draft

Oh!  Learn something new!!!
He's now the second greatest Mr. Irreverent in NFL history.  :lol  No other QB had even completed a pass, and aside from hometown homers none of the others are even recognizable by name, save for Ryan Succup.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1682 on: December 04, 2022, 05:45:04 PM »
Bengals are now 3-0 against the Chiefs in 2022.

Good.  I hope they never win another game until Mahomes is gone.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1683 on: December 04, 2022, 05:51:10 PM »
Jimmy will be having season ending foot surgery.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1684 on: December 04, 2022, 05:53:31 PM »
Jimmy will be having season ending foot surgery.
Oof. There goes the season. :sadpanda:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1685 on: December 04, 2022, 05:54:42 PM »
That guy just can't ever stay healthy.  Solid player when he is healthy, but it's clear why the 49ers drafted Lance and wanted to move off of him.  Hard to rely on an injury-prone player who is solid at his very best.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1686 on: December 04, 2022, 05:55:38 PM »
Oh well.  Basketball season is starting to ramp up, so there's that.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1687 on: December 04, 2022, 06:11:08 PM »
That guy just can't ever stay healthy.  Solid player when he is healthy, but it's clear why the 49ers drafted Lance and wanted to move off of him.  Hard to rely on an injury-prone player who is solid at his very best.

And then who they draft gets injured. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1688 on: December 04, 2022, 06:12:07 PM »

And then who they draft gets injured.

They better get Purdy an armed detail.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1689 on: December 04, 2022, 10:01:30 PM »
Mr. Irrelevant just became incredibly relevant. I hope he does well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline emtee

« Reply #1690 on: December 05, 2022, 07:24:23 AM »
I've been impressed with the Lions of late. They seem to have bought in and believe. They play hard.
With a few high draft picks They may be a force to reckon with next year.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1691 on: December 05, 2022, 07:36:04 AM »
I've been impressed with the Lions of late. They seem to have bought in and believe. They play hard.
With a few high draft picks They may be a force to reckon with next year.

I had the exact same thought.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1692 on: December 05, 2022, 09:24:17 AM »
Im not a fan of ties.  What a lackluster way to end that Giants/Washington game yesterday. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1693 on: December 05, 2022, 01:25:25 PM »
Panthers release Baker Mayfield.

*shrugs*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1694 on: December 05, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
Normally I would post a tongue-in-cheek comment about "yup Garopollo gets hurt right before Brady has to play them, horseshoe still firmly embedded" but of course injuries can happen any time and I just feel bad for Jimmy G. He was playing GREAT this year. Just seems to be a brittle guy. Anyway I think the Niners can kick the crap out of the Bucs even without Jimmy. That defense is nasty.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1695 on: December 05, 2022, 01:57:49 PM »
I am really intrigued to see how the 49ers end up finishing the season.  Part of me is inclined to write them off and fall back on "no team can win it all with a third string QB."   But part of me thinks what they have could still plausibly be enough, with a defense that is #1 in just about every stat and has just gotten one of their biggest playmakers back, and an offense that is still filled with playmakers.  I guess I'm just trying to not be overly optimistic or pessimistic and just hold in "wait-and-see" mode.  For a third-string rookie drafted so low and with no NFL starting experience, he looked pretty amazing against a really good team that was going all out to pressure him into mistakes.  He did make some mistakes.  But not costly ones.  And bottom line is, while his numbers may not have been even close to dazzling, he remained calm and poised--much moreso than I would have expected.  I expect that he will have some good games, and possibly some disasters where his inexperience is his undoing.  But they have so many playmakers around him that they may be able to insulate him from too many of those, and they could end up being just fine.  I can't think of another team where this kind of scenario wouldn't spell complete disaster for the team.  Interesting times to be a 49ers fan.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1696 on: December 05, 2022, 06:30:04 PM »
I am really intrigued to see how the 49ers end up finishing the season.  Part of me is inclined to write them off and fall back on "no team can win it all with a third string QB."   But part of me thinks what they have could still plausibly be enough, with a defense that is #1 in just about every stat and has just gotten one of their biggest playmakers back, and an offense that is still filled with playmakers.  I guess I'm just trying to not be overly optimistic or pessimistic and just hold in "wait-and-see" mode.  For a third-string rookie drafted so low and with no NFL starting experience, he looked pretty amazing against a really good team that was going all out to pressure him into mistakes.  He did make some mistakes.  But not costly ones.  And bottom line is, while his numbers may not have been even close to dazzling, he remained calm and poised--much moreso than I would have expected.  I expect that he will have some good games, and possibly some disasters where his inexperience is his undoing.  But they have so many playmakers around him that they may be able to insulate him from too many of those, and they could end up being just fine.  I can't think of another team where this kind of scenario wouldn't spell complete disaster for the team.  Interesting times to be a 49ers fan.

The one thing we got going for us is that our D will keep us in any game. I think the biggest potential problem is Purdy making mistakes, Its going to be interesting not only to see how the team develops around him, but also how opposing teams target him, trying to pressure him into said mistakes.

Like you said, interesting times.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1697 on: December 05, 2022, 09:12:53 PM »
I don't much like the guy, but seeing Tom Brady be clutch will never get old. It's as good as it gets. And having to do it twice was all the better.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1698 on: December 05, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
I don't much like the guy, but seeing Tom Brady be clutch will never get old. It's as good as it gets. And having to do it twice was all the better.

It was hilarious when there was a flag on the PAT and the ref goes over to Bowles and says, "Do you want to rekick it?" and laughs. :lol

The Bucs' OL might actually be worse than the Pats'!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1699 on: December 05, 2022, 09:26:55 PM »
TB is clutch at crunch time more often times than not but that Saints team could've easily wrapped it up. Being a big fan of your team is not good for one's blood pressure.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1700 on: December 06, 2022, 06:11:46 AM »
I didn't see the game, but I guess it's an indicator that standards for even TB12 fans have dropped when they are taking victory laps over beating a 4-9 team by 1 point at home.  :lol :lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1701 on: December 06, 2022, 06:54:09 AM »

Jeff Hostetler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1702 on: December 06, 2022, 06:58:32 AM »
I didn't see the game, but I guess it's an indicator that standards for even TB12 fans have dropped when they are taking victory laps over beating a 4-9 team by 1 point at home.  :lol :lol

Yeah, but El Barto is right; it's still a pleasure to watch.  That Bucs team is just not good, and Bowles just looks confused on the sidelines.   He might be a coordinator genius, but he's a horrible head coach.  Whine about racism all you want, but you're barely .500 with the greatest QB in the history of the game and a useful set of offensive weapons around him.   If I'm Leftwich, I'm kicking the crap out of my dog every time I go home.   They need a new head coach amid the periodic screams about racism in the league, and THAT'S is the guy they pick?  When I just coordinated one of the best offenses in the league to a Super Bowl win?   Mofo, please.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1703 on: December 06, 2022, 07:08:08 AM »
Well, it could be that they didn't want to upset the Brady/Leftwich tandem on the Offensive side, plus Bowles had head coach experience.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1704 on: December 06, 2022, 07:18:15 AM »

It is one of those teams that's had his # since joining Tampa.  Like the Pats looking to Miami even through there were not good the past 2 decades.  They just know each other well. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1705 on: December 06, 2022, 07:27:51 AM »
After Brady's meltdown on the sideline, they end up winning anyway.  Not everyone can be as good as you, buddy. :\  Just fucking go!
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1706 on: December 06, 2022, 07:40:08 AM »
After Brady's meltdown on the sideline, they end up winning anyway.  Not everyone can be as good as you, buddy. :\  Just fucking go!

Or it lit a fire under them...  not everything has to be a negative.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1707 on: December 06, 2022, 07:47:47 AM »

Nah, they just got tired of him whining like a little bitch.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1708 on: December 06, 2022, 07:48:39 AM »

Sounds like projecting to me.  :) :) :) :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1709 on: December 06, 2022, 07:54:31 AM »
It sucks for the 49ers that Garropolo got hurt, but if a third string rookie has to step into a situation, this guy is stepping into the best one possible.  With that defense on the other side, and skill position players like McCaffrey, Kittle, Samuel, and Aiyuk, he should feel pretty good, all things considered.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1710 on: December 06, 2022, 08:08:05 AM »
NOLA had been outplaying them the entire game. With <5 minutes left Brady absolutely carved them up by doing what Brady has always done: read Ds and make plays. Not only that he had to score 3 TDs to win after one was called back. If you can't appreciate that you're not much of a football fan. It was thrilling to watch, regardless of their respective records.

Also, since when am I a TB12 fan?
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1711 on: December 06, 2022, 08:51:39 AM »

Sounds like projecting to me.  :) :) :) :)

I got your projection right here buddy boy. :p  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1712 on: December 06, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »
NOLA had been outplaying them the entire game. With <5 minutes left Brady absolutely carved them up by doing what Brady has always done: read Ds and make plays. Not only that he had to score 3 TDs to win after one was called back. If you can't appreciate that you're not much of a football fan. It was thrilling to watch, regardless of their respective records.

To be clear, I was speaking in general, not referencing you as a Brady fan, and to reiterate, there is nothing for me to appreciate since I didn't see the game.

This thread is darn near unreadable now, though.  When just about any other QB is awesome, it's shhhhh, let's not overreact, but Brady comes back and beats a bad team at home and were supposed to drop to our knees and genuflect.  It's ridiculous.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1713 on: December 06, 2022, 10:33:42 AM »

To be clear, I was speaking in general, not referencing you as a Brady fan, and to reiterate, there is nothing for me to appreciate since I didn't see the game.

This thread is darn near unreadable now, though.  When just about any other QB is awesome, it's shhhhh, let's not overreact, but Brady comes back and beats a bad team at home and were supposed to drop to our knees and genuflect.  It's ridiculous.

Well tell Mahomes to stop losing to Burrow then.

I KID!  I KID!!! :lol

Offline T-ski

Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Brady butt-kissing session Volume 31)
« Reply #1714 on: December 06, 2022, 10:36:56 AM »
Brady’s game winner last night put a dent in my fantasy playoff hopes. It allowed a guy I was tied with to win his matchup by one point.

I hate Brady.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?