Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100595 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1645 on: December 02, 2022, 12:50:47 PM »
El Barto.  Just written today. This is being asked by man fans in N.E.   

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/patriots/the-patriots-have-a-problem-and-its-spelled-b-i-l-l

Proving once again that Boston sports fans are the worst. :lol :P

Raiders fans would like a word with you.

Wait, I thought Philly held that undisputed crown?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1646 on: December 02, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »
El Barto.  Just written today. This is being asked by man fans in N.E.   

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/patriots/the-patriots-have-a-problem-and-its-spelled-b-i-l-l

Proving once again that Boston sports fans are the worst. :lol :P

Raiders fans would like a word with you.
Philly fans will fight you for who gets a word with him first.

EDIT:  @jammin: :hifive:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online pg1067

« Reply #1647 on: December 02, 2022, 01:05:53 PM »
I have no personal experience with Philly fans, but I have severe PTSD from Raiders fans.   :yarr
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1648 on: December 02, 2022, 01:11:03 PM »
Sniping at particular fanbases aside (except for Seattle fans--from personal experience, a lot of those people are the worst and make me not want to even revisit that city ever again), I have to agree with Joe's "every fanbase has 'em" comment.  I think that's pretty much true everywhere.  When I go to 49ers games, I'm appalled at the way fans of other teams are treated, even those that just quietly show up in their team's jersey just to root on and support their team and aren't being rude to anyone.  Pretty sure that happens everywhere.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Skeever

« Reply #1649 on: December 02, 2022, 01:31:06 PM »
I'm gonna agree to disagree on one count - Jets fans. IDK why. Maybe it's because we've got nothing to brag about. Maybe it's because we're used to tourists in our stadium. But I've never known a tourist to not have an amazing time at MetLife.

Other than that, though, Jets fans are just as dumb in all the usual ways.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1650 on: December 02, 2022, 01:48:46 PM »
That's cool to hear.  If someone had said that about, say, Green Bay or Minnesota (because midwest politeness), or Carolina (because southern hospitality), it wouldn't really surprise me.  It does surprise me a bit about New York, a town that kind of has a reputation for being surly toward outsiders.  But it's cool to hear that that's not the case. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1651 on: December 02, 2022, 02:05:30 PM »
I haven't been to enough games to make a qualified opinion, but I'd be quite surprised if visiting fans at Jerry World didn't have a good time. In our case it's partly Southern hospitality, and partly that Dallasites just don't care all that much. Comes with not having much of a football culture. I've long maintained that most Texans wouldn't tolerate visitors being harassed like that, and a person on the bad side of it would quickly have a whole lot of allies on their side. That said, mob mentality and overpriced nasty beer are definitely variables that might change the math a bit. 

Also, the game I saw at Foxboro had plenty of Texans fans, and they seemed to be alright.

In both cases it's likely to be nothing more than a good-natured ribbing, and that's exactly how it should be. I suspect visiting fans probably want a little bit of razzing, so long as it's done in a good-natured manner.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1652 on: December 02, 2022, 02:42:18 PM »
Always a few bad apples but I love good natured ribbing. Many times it lead to great conversations about football 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1653 on: December 04, 2022, 08:15:42 AM »
Been meaning to post this, kudos to Bosk for knowing what Russell Wilson really was years before the rest of us realized it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1654 on: December 04, 2022, 02:34:22 PM »
Jimmy G carted off the feild. That pretty much fucks our season.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1655 on: December 04, 2022, 02:39:18 PM »
Shanahan didn't want him anyway.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1656 on: December 04, 2022, 02:43:57 PM »
Wow, Kansas City on the national game with Nantz and Romo.  Nantz just called KC a “dynasty in the making”.   Okay.  Couldn’t be rooting harder for Cincinnati if I was banging one of their cheerleaders.  Looks like another game I watch and listen to Christmas music.  ;)

For the record, no beef with the scheduling; this is a possibile AFC Championship game. It’s the Nantz/Romo Mahomes fellating that I’m bummed about. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1657 on: December 04, 2022, 02:47:17 PM »
Wow, Kansas City on the national game

All I know is that when I looked to see what games were on TV again, I was like WTF when I saw it was the Chiefs. Every fucking week, they're on.

I will admit that this should be a good matchup though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1658 on: December 04, 2022, 02:49:02 PM »
Guys.  All good teams play national games. That's a big part to why so many fans hated the Pats.  They were always on their TV for 2 decades.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1659 on: December 04, 2022, 02:50:46 PM »
I will say that I love the Chiefs' white uniforms.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1660 on: December 04, 2022, 03:10:24 PM »
Wow, Kansas City on the national game with Nantz and Romo.  Nantz just called KC a “dynasty in the making”.   Okay.  Couldn’t be rooting harder for Cincinnati if I was banging one of their cheerleaders.  Looks like another game I watch and listen to Christmas music.  ;)

For the record, no beef with the scheduling; this is a possibile AFC Championship game. It’s the Nantz/Romo Mahomes fellating that I’m bummed about.

For those two, I'd have the volume up just loud enough to hear the crowd, so they can fellate away all they want.  I've done the same for years for SNF as well.  But I'm going to watch SF-Miami instead.  I don't need to see close ups of Mahomes yet another 300 times, or Reed 75 times.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1661 on: December 04, 2022, 03:38:53 PM »
Switched over to watch Mr. Irrelevant. Hard not to root for the guy, and he's sure trying to make a name for himself.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1662 on: December 04, 2022, 03:41:52 PM »
Guys.  All good teams play national games. That's a big part to why so many fans hated the Pats.  They were always on their TV for 2 decades.

No, I get that. It’s a great matchup.  They deserve to be on that spot.  It’s all that goes with it (Nantz, really; Romo is just the puppy dog that follows him).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1663 on: December 04, 2022, 03:43:40 PM »
I heard Nantz gave Romo a picture of exactly how he likes to have his ass kissed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1664 on: December 04, 2022, 03:50:31 PM »
He likes his asses #4.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1665 on: December 04, 2022, 04:06:23 PM »
I heard Nantz gave Romo a picture of exactly how he likes to have his ass kissed.

Maybe he would send a Polaroid Bosk’s way along with a DTF donation😉
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1666 on: December 04, 2022, 04:11:20 PM »

Maybe he would send a Polaroid Bosk’s way along with a DTF donation😉

There's a slantz in Nantz' pantz.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1667 on: December 04, 2022, 04:12:20 PM »
Switched over to watch Mr. Irrelevant. Hard not to root for the guy, and he's sure trying to make a name for himself.

As long as he has time he's OK, can't handle the pass rush too well though

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1668 on: December 04, 2022, 04:14:30 PM »
That's called a rookie.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1669 on: December 04, 2022, 04:19:03 PM »
That's called a rookie.

No shit man.. He's putting points on the board though.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1670 on: December 04, 2022, 04:30:43 PM »
That's called a rookie.

Yup.  Given how much pressure Miami is throwing at him, his composure is incredible.  Wish they could have converted one of those INT's into a TD rather than just a couple of field goals, but still.  Hope he/they can keep it up for one more quarter. 

Really hope Jimmy is OK.  Unless I've missed it, they haven't said anything beyond "foot injury."  Hope it's something he can come back from.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: December 04, 2022, 04:50:06 PM »
He looked composed to me as a rookie. 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1672 on: December 04, 2022, 04:50:38 PM »
That's called a rookie.

Yup.  Given how much pressure Miami is throwing at him, his composure is incredible.  Wish they could have converted one of those INT's into a TD rather than just a couple of field goals, but still.  Hope he/they can keep it up for one more quarter. 

Really hope Jimmy is OK.  Unless I've missed it, they haven't said anything beyond "foot injury."  Hope it's something he can come back from.

Haven't heard anything either

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1673 on: December 04, 2022, 04:58:18 PM »
Greenlaw has been SO impressive on this drive!  Along with Purdy, he should get a game ball if they hang on and win this. 

EDIT:  Really nice job by the offense to run the clock all the way down to just over the 2-minute warning, get some points, and force Miami to burn all its timeouts. 

EDIT2:  WOW!  And just like that, the defense seals it.  Bosa and Greenlaw win it!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:13:30 PM by bosk1 »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1674 on: December 04, 2022, 05:13:55 PM »
San Fran's D steps up. He'll of a game.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1675 on: December 04, 2022, 05:15:25 PM »
San Fran's D steps up. He'll of a game.

Huge win for the team

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1676 on: December 04, 2022, 05:21:19 PM »

Who’s Mr. Irrelevant?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1677 on: December 04, 2022, 05:23:27 PM »

Who’s Mr. Irrelevant?

Brock Purdy, Mr irrelevant is the moniker given to the last player selected in the draft

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1678 on: December 04, 2022, 05:24:11 PM »

So Burrow takes the sack on 2nd down, CBS shows Mahomes and Romo is all “this game ain’t over!”    Burrow, cool as Robert Plant on the ‘75 tour, throws for the first down, game over, Tone. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:46:25 AM by Stadler »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: December 04, 2022, 05:24:43 PM »

Who’s Mr. Irrelevant?

Brock Purdy, Mr irrelevant is the moniker given to the last player selected in the draft

Oh!  Learn something new!!!