Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100584 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1575 on: November 28, 2022, 12:44:46 PM »
Last night before the game starts:

Me: "It's kind of pointless watching the Packers since their season is already shot."
Mom: "Well, they could still make it as wild cards?"
Me: "Uhhh... lolnop"
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1576 on: November 28, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
Jones played great until that final abortion of a drive. Taking a sack there was the worst possible thing he could do. Really, though, it was stupid penalties that killed them. Pierre Strong is lucky he's a rookie. He might not play again this season, but he's too young to cut for a bonehead mistake.

That was horrible.  And Hunter not going out of bounds. I get it, you're fighting for yards, but be smart.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1577 on: November 28, 2022, 01:44:32 PM »
One thing that really struck me when the Pats played the Jets is how many times Mac took a sack on what woulda been a game-ender for the Pats against any other offense but once helmed by Zach Wilson. He's not a statue, but the awareness does not seem to be there.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1578 on: November 28, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »
If the Packers don’t get OT wins over the Patriots and Cowboys, they’d have the second worst record in the league.

I’m all for the tank!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1579 on: November 28, 2022, 01:58:19 PM »
Yeah, and those wins were flukes anyway.  I guess that's what happens when your QB is taking up nearly 25% of the cap space.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #1580 on: November 28, 2022, 04:24:35 PM »
Yeah, and those wins were flukes anyway.  I guess that's what happens when your QB is taking up nearly 25% of the cap space.

Yup. I hope they see how Love plays next week. If he plays consistently well, discuss possibly trading Aaron to free up the cap space.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1581 on: November 29, 2022, 10:56:20 AM »
Referring to OBJ:

Quote from: Jerry Jones
His overall team compatibility, his judgment, his behavior is not an issue with him. It is with many. It isn't with him.

This is why the Cowboys are a joke. Team compatibility doesn't matter? Judgement doesn't matter? As long as he's talented nothing else matters. Why not just sign AB? I'll bet they could get him for dirt cheap. And to be fair, the plane incident probably is a bunch of nothing. I probably wouldn't hold it against him, either. You can't just say things like this don't matter, though.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1582 on: November 29, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »
I reallly do hope OBJ lands with the Cowboys and they still get eliminated in the first round.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1583 on: November 29, 2022, 11:05:49 AM »
I reallly do hope OBJ lands with the Cowboys and they still get eliminated in the first round.
With him opposite Lamb it's conceivable that they just brute force their way through the playoffs. I think they're a typically soft Cowboys team, but there comes a point when you've got enough options that you can win without being particularly good overall.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1584 on: November 29, 2022, 11:07:33 AM »
Dallas has a better chance without OBJ.  They've been down this road before with drama queen players who think they aren't getting the ball enough.  Seems like a no-brainer.  Of course executive decisions don't take a lot of brains anyway.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1585 on: November 29, 2022, 11:12:26 AM »
The Cowboys really don't need OBJ. If OBJ were signed, it would be for a playoff push because in the Cowboys system, a new player has a 21 day routine to get into game shape which means he would only be available for 1 or 2 games. The signing doesn't make sense.

As far as Jerrah goes, remember, he's constantly on JW Blue.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: November 29, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
With him opposite Lamb it's conceivable that they just brute force their way through the playoffs. I think they're a typically soft Cowboys team, but there comes a point when you've got enough options that you can win without being particularly good overall.

Oh no doubt they would be amazing with his talents, I would just hope he rots the team from the inside and they implode which I feel is entirely possible as well. I mean, I'm a Giants fan so one could see why I would root this way.  The reality is also, the Giants need him WAY more than the Cowboys, but there's no reason for him to join the Giants. 

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1587 on: November 29, 2022, 12:25:22 PM »

Oh no doubt they would be amazing with his talents, I would just hope he rots the team from the inside and they implode which I feel is entirely possible as well. I mean, I'm a Giants fan so one could see why I would root this way.  The reality is also, the Giants need him WAY more than the Cowboys, but there's no reason for him to join the Giants.

Daniel Jones couldn't get a simple screen pass to his running back so what makes you think he can get the ball to OBJ?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1588 on: November 29, 2022, 12:49:43 PM »

Daniel Jones couldn't get a simple screen pass to his running back so what makes you think he can get the ball to OBJ?

Because OBJ can catch bad throws.  The Giants only have one WR and he's not really a #1.  The Giants severely lack talent at WR.  OBJ would make Jones better.  I don't think that's so hard to see.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1589 on: November 29, 2022, 12:54:54 PM »
I think what's hard to see is OBJ going back to the NYG causing controversy like he did there once before.  I don't see it happening and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go back there anyway.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1590 on: November 29, 2022, 12:58:31 PM »

Yup. I hope they see how Love plays next week. If he plays consistently well, discuss possibly trading Aaron to free up the cap space.

I hear the Broncos need some help at the QB position.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1591 on: November 29, 2022, 05:23:53 PM »
I doubt Odell wants to go back to playing for a mediocre QB, ala Baker, so I don't see him going back to the Giants.

I agree that Dallas would be better without him, as adding him will make them want to throw more to keep everyone happy, and they are obviously better when they run it more.

You can already see the Dallas playoff loss coming, where they end up with 14 penalties because McCarthy is an undisciplined doofus and everyone will be asking why they threw it so much.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1592 on: November 30, 2022, 05:49:23 AM »
Broncos flexed out of their SNF game and we'll get to see Chargers and Dolphins instead.

Thank God.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1593 on: November 30, 2022, 06:49:24 AM »
I'm not a vindictive guy, and I don't really have the schadenfreude gene, but I see what's happening in Denver, and to a lesser extent in Indianapolis, and I can't help but think that true colors win out more often than not, and this is EXACTLY why I say "cool your jets" with respect to Mahomes.   It's not like Wilson is just having a bit of an off year, but is still the "Wilson" we know and love; he's ATROCIOUS.  He had a good coach and some very strong weapons in Seattle, and without that, it's looking like he's naked and afraid.  I'm not saying that would happen with Mahomes (I certainly never saw it coming with Wilson) but in the spirit of "Any Given Sunday", you got to let these guys play the games. 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1594 on: November 30, 2022, 09:12:02 AM »
I can see them bringing OBJ into Dallas as a decoy for Ceedee Lamb and Michael Gallop, but he'll never go for that.  In the end like Kev said, they'll just end up beating themselves as usual.  Of course, they can prove me wrong anytime they like, I've hated being right for the last 25 fucking years.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1595 on: December 01, 2022, 09:25:04 AM »
I'm not a vindictive guy, and I don't really have the schadenfreude gene, but I see what's happening in Denver, and to a lesser extent in Indianapolis, and I can't help but think that true colors win out more often than not, and this is EXACTLY why I say "cool your jets" with respect to Mahomes.   It's not like Wilson is just having a bit of an off year, but is still the "Wilson" we know and love; he's ATROCIOUS.  He had a good coach and some very strong weapons in Seattle, and without that, it's looking like he's naked and afraid.  I'm not saying that would happen with Mahomes (I certainly never saw it coming with Wilson) but in the spirit of "Any Given Sunday", you got to let these guys play the games.

I'm not ready to shut the book on Wilson. I know that many are, but there have been far more problems in Denver than just his play. The coaching is a major one.
Wilson has not been "great", actually, but I think many are forgetting that he rarely has been. He was above average on a great team with a great coach. We know he can play, and he has a strong, winner mentality. The Broncos need to get everything around their $200M QB right. Wilson will be fine until they do.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1596 on: December 01, 2022, 09:29:57 AM »
Carson Wentz has more passing TD this season than Russell Wilson.

Wentz hasn't played since week 6.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1597 on: December 01, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »

And Wentz isn't exactly a superstar to begin with either.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1598 on: December 01, 2022, 11:55:51 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1599 on: December 01, 2022, 12:11:14 PM »

So you'd take Wentz over Wilson on the Panthers.

Got it  ;)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1600 on: December 01, 2022, 01:18:19 PM »

Got it  ;)
If that were my only two available choices?  Maybe.

But that's a shitty choice.

Of course, we're a shitty team.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1601 on: December 01, 2022, 02:40:44 PM »

I'm not ready to shut the book on Wilson. I know that many are, but there have been far more problems in Denver than just his play. The coaching is a major one.
Wilson has not been "great", actually, but I think many are forgetting that he rarely has been. He was above average on a great team with a great coach. We know he can play, and he has a strong, winner mentality. The Broncos need to get everything around their $200M QB right. Wilson will be fine until they do.

Funny enough, the bold is the part I'm struggling with the most.  I'm not watching the Broncos closely, but what I've seen he's not really even bringing the leadership.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: December 01, 2022, 02:41:08 PM »

Got it  ;)

I would take Wentz over Wilson too.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1603 on: December 01, 2022, 03:36:20 PM »

Got it  ;)

I would take Wentz over Wilson too.

Fuck both of them - I'd trade for Cooper RUSH!!!!!  :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1604 on: December 01, 2022, 07:16:46 PM »
El Barto. Can I critique Bill Belichick now?  He is the gm that built this team.  Who put together this coaching staff.  Ugh. Welcome to .500 ball watch 4 years to see him beat Shula's record for wins.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1605 on: December 01, 2022, 07:17:34 PM »
The good news is the Patriots are wearing their awesome unis tonight, complimented by the greatest helmet in NFL history.  Why they ever changed from that is a total mystery.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1606 on: December 01, 2022, 07:19:47 PM »
I do love the Pat Patriot helmet. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1607 on: December 01, 2022, 07:21:07 PM »
The good news is the Patriots are wearing their awesome unis tonight, complimented by the greatest helmet in NFL history.   

This is the truth.

The Pats went 3 and out after the Bills' TD drive and put their D back on the field?? They can't draw up three fucking plays to get 10 yards???

I knew they were losing tonight, but this is pathetic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1608 on: December 01, 2022, 07:21:55 PM »
First punt by the Bills vs the Patriots since Bush Sr was in the White House.  Or something like that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: December 01, 2022, 07:26:41 PM »
And then 3 and out. Oof.