Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 102963 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1120 on: October 17, 2022, 09:44:02 AM »
You all know what I am here to say...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

What a surprising and unexpected victory. Still not sure this team is for real. Breece Hall is legit. Defense is legit. But still not impressed with the QB play and I'm worried about a backslide the last 11 games. Still, I'll take 4-2 to start the year.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1121 on: October 17, 2022, 10:03:38 AM »
You all know what I am here to say...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

What a surprising and unexpected victory. Still not sure this team is for real. Breece Hall is legit. Defense is legit. But still not impressed with the QB play and I'm worried about a backslide the last 11 games. Still, I'll take 4-2 to start the year.  :metal

Yeah - your QB is not balling out on the field but he IS balling out with his mom's best friend so revel in that.  :tup

Seriously, it's nice to see Jet's fans having something to root for. I also like the head coach Saleh. I always felt he is a good coach and he just needed the personnel (like most coaches).  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1122 on: October 17, 2022, 10:10:30 AM »
Yeah, I've never hated the Jets as a Giants fan, so I'm pretty happy for them too.  It's really just a shock to everyone here whether you like the Jets or Giants.  It feels, to me at least, like both fan bases are happy and surprised for each other. 

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1123 on: October 17, 2022, 10:53:21 AM »
Not to rain on the parade but does anyone remember when Josh McDaniels started 6-0 with the Broncos?  ;D

Anyways I don't think the Bucs can beat either team with the way they've been playing lately. Just mediocre to awful these last 3-4 games. Even though the record is 3-3, their playing has not been anything to write home about. We shall see how they continue, if it's more of the same then well I guess it truly was Arians who kept things in line.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1124 on: October 17, 2022, 11:01:48 AM »

I feel sorry for Al Michaels.  He's in the twilight of his career and gets demoted to the basement of primetime play calling.  He deserves better than that.
Demoted? Pretty sure he just went where he was offered the most. Same with Troy, and at the end of the day Troy will have it far, far worse.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they offered him a lot to go call shitty TNF games, but I wasn't really referring to money.  He went from MNF to SNF and eventually to TNF.  There's a drop off...
Yeah, I just think it was his choice. Like Troy. I'm not going to feel sorry for them. In fact, I lost a fair amount of respect for Aikman. He went from calling the best game of the week to whatever crappy game they picked before the season even started. It'd be like Blackmore taking a gig playing rhythm guitar for LA Guns because the money was good.
I'd go see that.  :)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: October 17, 2022, 11:02:27 AM »
Everyone’s hyping up this Bills - Chiefs thing but the teams are really not evenly matched. Buffalo has a stellar defense and KC as usual . . . does not. Hopefully the game will be worth the hype.

But if Mahomes is the GOAT, that shouldn't matter.   (Nice INT when the game was on the line.)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: October 17, 2022, 11:06:36 AM »
That lived up to the hype. Good game. And I still think Mahomes needs to learn that you can pull off the impossible some of the time, but not all the time. That last pick was an ill-advised throw that he thought he could force in there.

To be fair, Von Miller, who can still disrupt an offense as much as anyone not named Aaron Donald or Micah Parsons, forced that throw.

Who distrupted no one in Philly last night...

If he's the GOAT, it shouldn't matter.  I don't mean to bag on Mahomes; from what I saw he played well, but we're on the second iteration around the league, and we're on an iteration without Tyreek Hill.  This is the time where we separate the men from the boys.  Now, all is not lost; Buffalo will likely have to do it again in December, but still.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1127 on: October 17, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
Not to rain on the parade but does anyone remember when Josh McDaniels started 6-0 with the Broncos?  ;D

Anyways I don't think the Bucs can beat either team with the way they've been playing lately. Just mediocre to awful these last 3-4 games. Even though the record is 3-3, their playing has not been anything to write home about. We shall see how they continue, if it's more of the same then well I guess it truly was Arians who kept things in line.

If you're talking the Eagles, I'm with you 100%.  Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jaguars, and Cowboys is not the road to the Super Bowl.  They're playing well, but they are not a GREAT team, yet.   Cooper Rush was overhyped to begin with - "Has never lost a game he has started!" - but your bellwether is never going to be the Dallas Cowboys.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: October 17, 2022, 11:18:07 AM »

If you're talking the Eagles, I'm with you 100%.  Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jaguars, and Cowboys is not the road to the Super Bowl.  They're playing well, but they are not a GREAT team, yet.   Cooper Rush was overhyped to begin with - "Has never lost a game he has started!" - but your bellwether is never going to be the Dallas Cowboys.

If he's talking about the Giants, hey, no one expected this team to be 5-1 and I honestly didn't even expect them to be competitive.  If they lose a bunch of games and falter to miss the playoffs or have a losing record, I'd kind of feel like that's probably where they should have been all along.  But for now, I'm enjoying the comeback wins and new swag the team has.  I don't even know what the future of this team is.  If Jones and Barkley have good years overall, I don't know if the Giants could even keep them in free agency.  Just got to enjoy the wins since it's been awhile since we were able to. 

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #1129 on: October 17, 2022, 11:42:44 AM »
Cooper Rush overhyped? No - he did his job as a backup.  :tup

Now Blackmore? He's overhyped!  :tdwn

:)

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2022, 12:46:25 PM »

If he's talking about the Giants, hey, no one expected this team to be 5-1 and I honestly didn't even expect them to be competitive.  If they lose a bunch of games and falter to miss the playoffs or have a losing record, I'd kind of feel like that's probably where they should have been all along.  But for now, I'm enjoying the comeback wins and new swag the team has.  I don't even know what the future of this team is.  If Jones and Barkley have good years overall, I don't know if the Giants could even keep them in free agency.  Just got to enjoy the wins since it's been awhile since we were able to. 

Right I meant the Giants and the Jets.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1132 on: October 17, 2022, 07:02:21 PM »
That lived up to the hype. Good game. And I still think Mahomes needs to learn that you can pull off the impossible some of the time, but not all the time. That last pick was an ill-advised throw that he thought he could force in there.

To be fair, Von Miller, who can still disrupt an offense as much as anyone not named Aaron Donald or Micah Parsons, forced that throw.

If he's the GOAT, it shouldn't matter.
I don't mean to bag on Mahomes; from what I saw he played well, but we're on the second iteration around the league, and we're on an iteration without Tyreek Hill.  This is the time where we separate the men from the boys.  Now, all is not lost; Buffalo will likely have to do it again in December, but still.

Okay, now you are just being silly for the sake of being silly.  No one has called Parsons the GOAT already (and if they did, who cares?), and besides, since when does a GOAT have to be great and/or dominant in every game?  Not even your beloved BBB has been that. :P

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: October 18, 2022, 04:50:07 AM »

Well, we had two more of these last night.  It's getting ridiculous
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1134 on: October 18, 2022, 06:59:23 AM »
Yeah, WAY too many flags last night in general and as you say both roughing the passer calls were ridiculous.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: October 18, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/panthers-trade-robbie-anderson-cardinals-following-confrontation-coaches

Holy shit

I like this:
"Honestly, I was confused because I have never been told get out of the game. And, you know, upset by that. Nobody that is a true competitor would be OK with that."

But this speaks louder to me:
"It's third down, it's a money down."

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: October 18, 2022, 10:02:09 AM »

I don't mean to bag on Mahomes; from what I saw he played well, but we're on the second iteration around the league, and we're on an iteration without Tyreek Hill.  This is the time where we separate the men from the boys.  Now, all is not lost; Buffalo will likely have to do it again in December, but still.

Okay, now you are just being silly for the sake of being silly.  No one has called Parsons the GOAT already (and if they did, who cares?), and besides, since when does a GOAT have to be great and/or dominant in every game?  Not even your beloved BBB has been that. :P

Well, I AM being silly, but making a point.  No, the GOAT doesn't have to be great and/or dominant in every game, but over the TOTALITY of the games.  When you've got a guy that's only been around the league once (Parsons) or twice (some others), some of the accolades being heaped on some of these players is just as silly as what I'm doing.  That's the point.

(And yes, I heard talk - Collinsworth, maybe? - that Parsons was "one of the greats".  And then they put the fancy graphic up of all the positions he's played this season.)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1137 on: October 18, 2022, 10:02:37 AM »
Yeah, WAY too many flags last night in general and as you say both roughing the passer calls were ridiculous.

Why was Brady playing? 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1138 on: October 18, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »
The League seems to be overcorrecting for the Tua thing.
I noticed lots of roughing the passer in several games over the weekend. Once where they blew the whistle on Trevor Lawrence before he'd even been able to break out of the tackle.

Seems like the league desperately needs to clarify the rules here. If the QB is "sacked" as soon as the linemen wraps their arms around him, what about QBs who traditionally have been known for their ability to break out of tackles, like Big Ben? What about runners?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1139 on: October 18, 2022, 10:43:14 AM »
The League seems to be overcorrecting for the Tua thing.
I noticed lots of roughing the passer in several games over the weekend. Once where they blew the whistle on Trevor Lawrence before he'd even been able to break out of the tackle.

Seems like the league desperately needs to clarify the rules here. If the QB is "sacked" as soon as the linemen wraps their arms around him, what about QBs who traditionally have been known for their ability to break out of tackles, like Big Ben? What about runners?
In the grasp has always been a thing. Every once in a blue moon it pisses people off, but such is life. It's just another subjective call that usually works out and occasionally misses terribly. People need to get over it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1140 on: October 18, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/panthers-trade-robbie-anderson-cardinals-following-confrontation-coaches

Holy shit

I like this:
"Honestly, I was confused because I have never been told get out of the game. And, you know, upset by that. Nobody that is a true competitor would be OK with that."

But this speaks louder to me:
"It's third down, it's a money down."
Robbie Anderson is a doofus and I'm glad he's gone from the Panthers.  Hopefully he and the Cardinals will be better fits for one another.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2022, 07:45:05 PM »

Well, I AM being silly, but making a point.  No, the GOAT doesn't have to be great and/or dominant in every game, but over the TOTALITY of the games.  When you've got a guy that's only been around the league once (Parsons) or twice (some others), some of the accolades being heaped on some of these players is just as silly as what I'm doing.  That's the point.

(And yes, I heard talk - Collinsworth, maybe? - that Parsons was "one of the greats".  And then they put the fancy graphic up of all the positions he's played this season.)

That's just Collinsworth doing his "look how I smart I am" routine so if/when Parsons does turn out to be one of the greats, he can say he saw it earlier than most.

Besides, Parsons is one of the greats already. Easily a top 5 defender of all-time already.  :)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: October 19, 2022, 07:31:59 AM »

That's just Collinsworth doing his "look how I smart I am" routine so if/when Parsons does turn out to be one of the greats, he can say he saw it earlier than most.

Besides, Parsons is one of the greats already. Easily a top 5 defender of all-time already.  :)

No.  :)

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1143 on: October 19, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »

I feel sorry for Al Michaels.  He's in the twilight of his career and gets demoted to the basement of primetime play calling.  He deserves better than that.
Demoted? Pretty sure he just went where he was offered the most. Same with Troy, and at the end of the day Troy will have it far, far worse.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they offered him a lot to go call shitty TNF games, but I wasn't really referring to money.  He went from MNF to SNF and eventually to TNF.  There's a drop off...
Yeah, I just think it was his choice. Like Troy. I'm not going to feel sorry for them. In fact, I lost a fair amount of respect for Aikman. He went from calling the best game of the week to whatever crappy game they picked before the season even started. It'd be like Blackmore taking a gig playing rhythm guitar for LA Guns because the money was good.

IDK, is it totally their choice or do these high profile announcers get pressure from the networks to be moved around for the sake of ratings?  I'm thinking it's a little of both.  You kind of lost me on the Aikman thing.  Can you specify a little more?
Troy and Joe Buck were the A team of FOX. They were always guaranteed the best NFC game of the week. And if they weren't offered it they could probably demand to get it. There are always 5-7 games to choose from. Jumping to MNF they have no choice. They get whatever game was scheduled way back before the season, and they're as often as not terrible games. To me that just seems like a shitty decision. Could they really have offered him that much more money? I ain't Troy and I don't know what he's thinking, but from the outside it looks kinda dumb.

Ok yeah, I get that part of it but don't think money is the compelling factor unless you're talking about ratings.  I mean, how much more money do these guys really need?  They already get paid astronomical amounts anyway.  Don't the networks have some influence here?  Didn't Joe and Troy go to TNF for a season to help boost ratings?  Isn't that why they are doing MNF now?  Troy has said that MNF is kind of a dream come true for him.  So, I really don't think these guys are moving around just because of the money.  There seems to be more to it than that.

Is that just an uninformed opinion?  Because the facts say otherwise.  Parsons is disruptive on every single play regardless of where he is or what he's doing.  The Eagirls probably had to rearrange their entire game plan around him.  Just because Dallas lost the game doesn't mean he isn't a disruptive force and he certainly can't win the game all on his own.  But, he was a major factor in their 17-0 comeback in the 2nd half after trailing 20-0.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1144 on: October 19, 2022, 12:59:21 PM »

IDK, is it totally their choice or do these high profile announcers get pressure from the networks to be moved around for the sake of ratings?  I'm thinking it's a little of both.  You kind of lost me on the Aikman thing.  Can you specify a little more?
Troy and Joe Buck were the A team of FOX. They were always guaranteed the best NFC game of the week. And if they weren't offered it they could probably demand to get it. There are always 5-7 games to choose from. Jumping to MNF they have no choice. They get whatever game was scheduled way back before the season, and they're as often as not terrible games. To me that just seems like a shitty decision. Could they really have offered him that much more money? I ain't Troy and I don't know what he's thinking, but from the outside it looks kinda dumb.

Ok yeah, I get that part of it but don't think money is the compelling factor unless you're talking about ratings.  I mean, how much more money do these guys really need?  They already get paid astronomical amounts anyway.
I've asked that about athletes a gazillion times. I don't think it's the case here, but often times the answer is simply "more." It's also worth noting that Troy is going through his [I think] third divorce right now. An extra few million over the next 5 years may well be quite important.

Don't the networks have some influence here?  Didn't Joe and Troy go to TNF for a season to help boost ratings?  Isn't that why they are doing MNF now?  Troy has said that MNF is kind of a dream come true for him.  So, I really don't think these guys are moving around just because of the money.  There seems to be more to it than that.
I don't know about ratings, but if so it was probably to meet certain incentives. In any case, after Hunnus suggested that FOX didn't want them I looked into it. I wouldn't go quite that far. FOX honestly seemed kind of indifferent, to the point that they weren't interested in negotiating. According to Troy they offered him a perfectly fair amount of money that he'd have been happy with, but he wanted an option after 1 year and they refused to even talk to him or his agent.

I just can't help but think that money aside, this was a massive downgrade.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: October 19, 2022, 01:34:19 PM »

Is that just an uninformed opinion?  Because the facts say otherwise.  Parsons is disruptive on every single play regardless of where he is or what he's doing.  The Eagirls probably had to rearrange their entire game plan around him.  Just because Dallas lost the game doesn't mean he isn't a disruptive force and he certainly can't win the game all on his own.  But, he was a major factor in their 17-0 comeback in the 2nd half after trailing 20-0.

Seriously?  Because I don't agree with you I'm uninformed?  No need for that.  Especially since the facts tend to support me; Parsons had no sacks, no hits on the QB, and only three pressures.  He was effectively neutralized by the Eagles and even he so much as acknowledged that.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1146 on: October 19, 2022, 02:04:58 PM »

Seriously?  Because I don't agree with you I'm uninformed?  No need for that.  Especially since the facts tend to support me; Parsons had no sacks, no hits on the QB, and only three pressures.  He was effectively neutralized by the Eagles and even he so much as acknowledged that.

Yeah seriously.  He doesn't just play 1 position.  They move him around a lot and he's not always pass rushing.  Not to mention what he can do in pass coverage.  You said he disrupted no one.  3 pressures alone says he disrupted someone.  I was just going by what you said.  If you're Micah Parsons, you disrupt things.  It's what you do.  If you want to describe MP one dimensionally, that doesn't work.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1147 on: October 19, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »

Well, because they made their entire gameplan about neutralizing this one guy.  Which says a lot about how effective THEY thought he was.

He's a hell of a player.  After all, he's the GOAT.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1148 on: October 19, 2022, 03:13:25 PM »

Well, because they made their entire gameplan about neutralizing this one guy.  Which says a lot about how effective THEY thought he was.

He is a hell of a player.  He is not the GOAT; Lawrence Taylor is.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: October 19, 2022, 03:30:39 PM »

Yeah seriously.  He doesn't just play 1 position.  They move him around a lot and he's not always pass rushing.  Not to mention what he can do in pass coverage.  You said he disrupted no one.  3 pressures alone says he disrupted someone.  I was just going by what you said.  If you're Micah Parsons, you disrupt things.  It's what you do.  If you want to describe MP one dimensionally, that doesn't work.

You're really not arguing apples to apples.  I was the one that pointed out that he played multiple positions (from Collinsworth).  I never said he was one-dimensional. I never said he might not one day BE the greatest.  But he's not now.   The greatest of all time does more than just draw focus.  The greatest of all time DOES win by himself (LT used to do that on the regular).  Let the guy play more than two seasons.  Let the guy play more than one playoff game. Let the guy beat even ONE quarterback that is in the conversation for "greatest of all time" himself (maybe Stafford, but he's never beat Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Rogers, or Wilson, for example). 

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1150 on: October 19, 2022, 04:28:24 PM »

You're really not arguing apples to apples.  I was the one that pointed out that he played multiple positions (from Collinsworth).  I never said he was one-dimensional. I never said he might not one day BE the greatest.  But he's not now.   The greatest of all time does more than just draw focus.  The greatest of all time DOES win by himself (LT used to do that on the regular).  Let the guy play more than two seasons.  Let the guy play more than one playoff game. Let the guy beat even ONE quarterback that is in the conversation for "greatest of all time" himself (maybe Stafford, but he's never beat Mahomes, Brady, Allen, Rogers, or Wilson, for example). 

I don't even know what fuck you're arguing half the time.  LT didn't win games "by himself".  Football is a team sport.  He played with his defensive unit as a team, was great at it, and also made his teammates great.  That's what Parsons does, hence the comparison.  If someone wants to say that he's headed in the same direction as LT, I can't fault them for that.  They have a valid point.  I personally wouldn't call him the GOAT (just yet), but he's well on his way and will be a force to be reckoned with if he stays healthy, no matter where he's playing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1151 on: October 19, 2022, 07:04:33 PM »
Yeah, we have seen games where Aaron Donald has had paltry stats simply because a game plan was entirely devised around neutralizing him, and that always frees up other players to make plays. 

Bill, I know you love a good discussion, but it feels like you are being a contrarian just to be a contrarian, as no one actually thinks Parson is the GOAT already or even in the convo for being such.

And yeah, no one player in a team sport wins games by themselves. Ever.  Take Ray Lewis.  As great as he was at his peak, he wouldn't have been that same all-world guy in the 2000 playoffs if he wasn't surrounded by great talent (three other players from that D were All-Pro that same year).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: October 20, 2022, 05:49:20 AM »

I don't even know what fuck you're arguing half the time.  LT didn't win games "by himself".  Football is a team sport.  He played with his defensive unit as a team, was great at it, and also made his teammates great.  That's what Parsons does, hence the comparison.  If someone wants to say that he's headed in the same direction as LT, I can't fault them for that.  They have a valid point.  I personally wouldn't call him the GOAT (just yet), but he's well on his way and will be a force to be reckoned with if he stays healthy, no matter where he's playing.

It's pretty simple, if you care to follow.   LET THESE PLAYERS PLAY.   STOP WITH THE ANNOINTING.  It's that simple.  Micah Parsons is a very good player, with the potential to be very VERY good.  That's all.  It's linear and straightforward.  We don't have to justify their spot in Canton just yet.  We don't have to find ever more hyperbolic adjectives to describe them.  Parsons is not yet in LT's league and it's not even close. That's not bagging on Parsons, that's not denigrating him. It's just a simple fact of life.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1153 on: October 20, 2022, 08:24:32 AM »
Micah Parsons is definitely on a Aaron Donald/TJ Watt path. He's got an excellent chance of being one of the greats. Perhaps even another Ray Lewis or Seau. Donald, Watt (either of them), Seau, and Lewis would all be embarrassed to be compared with LT. LT was a different breed of animal, and knowing how much so from experience they'd be the first to tell you that.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1154 on: October 20, 2022, 08:37:53 AM »

He is a hell of a player.  He is not the GOAT; Lawrence Taylor is.
I was being a little facetious.

LT was certainly awesome.  Hard to say who the best ever was, but he is definitely on the (extremely) short list.