Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 100501 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (TB12 picking out Christmas presents for the officials)
« Reply #980 on: October 09, 2022, 07:15:31 PM »
Commenting on something means it is in our heads?  Let's get real.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #981 on: October 09, 2022, 07:25:57 PM »
Actually yes. Not that I have a horse in this race with Tampa but he dominated for 2 decades and it bothers so many.

It's like none of you get that superstars get preferential treatment.   So to see the outrage online is hilarious. To mecits funny how most respond. They take it so personally and respond poorly to a player.

To me, he's grating on fans.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #982 on: October 09, 2022, 07:58:29 PM »
It’s more than the superstar getting preferential treatment. Obviously that happens in all sports. It’s how Brady carries himself that infuriates me. You never saw Peyton Manning throwing shit on the sideline when things weren’t going his way. Sure he may have had some heated conversations, but there were no temper tantrums. Tom Brady acts like a child when he doesn’t get his way, and when you’re a fan who has watched him get his way constantly, especially if you grew up a fan of the Bills, Dolphins, or Jets in the 2000’s and 2010’s, you grow tired of him crying his way to victory.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #983 on: October 09, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
Yep, he is the MJ of football: great player, miserable human being.  As noted before, he has shown his ass since leaving NE.

Oops, I just commented on him again. That must mean he is in my head.  :lol :lol :\ :\

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: October 09, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
It's funny. You guys hated him when he didn't act this way in N.E. Not that he's away from Belichick and his discipline,  you are all over it. So it really isn't how he acts buy your tired of his winning.

When is this guy going to retire?! 

You don't have to admit it. I read it first hand.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Realm

Re: 2022 NFL Thread (Coaching Stupidity at an all-time high)
« Reply #985 on: October 09, 2022, 10:15:19 PM »
NFL officiating is such a joke at this point. And what a shock that TB12 is the beneficiary yet again.

That was an awful call.

The funniest part was that not only did Brady got a bogus roughing the passer call in his favor, but he threw his foot up and tried to kick the guy who sacked him (clear unsportsmanlike) and that was perfectly okay. 

Seems like every NFL talking head/analyst is railing on Twitter today about awful that call is, but I am sure the NFL will ignore it and while laughing and counting their money while their overall product continues to decline.

That call was horrendous. From how I saw it, the DE actually tried to tackle him to the ground 'gently' instead of putting all his force into it. And what if Brady actually connected with his kick into the air. What a joke.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #986 on: October 10, 2022, 08:41:38 AM »
Jerome 'Booger' is easily the worst ref in the NFL right now. How he regularly got high-end games is crazy to me. He's been at the center of 2 ridiculous roughing calls this year already.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #987 on: October 10, 2022, 09:15:22 AM »
It absolutely baffles me that in "America", greatness is so readily and steadily scorned.  At that level, you do what you have to do to win.   So what Brady cried at the call? He got it, and his team won.  What do you expect him to do?  "Oh, no, ref, you really blew that one; you should give them the sack and we'll turn the ball over.  Give them a chance to continue their comeback and maybe win the game."  GTFO.   He - and Belichick - have always done what they had to do to win.  Sure it was a bad call; that's on the ref, though, not Brady. He didn't make anyone do something they didn't want to do.  Yeah, not really a fan of the kick; at the angle I saw it looked like it should be a penalty too, but again, it wasn't.

On a positive note, the Pats looked good; held Detroit to what, 0-for-6 on 4th downs?  Matthew Judon is a beast. 

Also, Cooper Rush is the GOAT. He's never lost a start.  Not even the great Tom Brady, or Johnny Unitas did that.  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 09:48:25 AM by Stadler »

Offline Deathless

« Reply #988 on: October 10, 2022, 09:41:53 AM »
Matt Rhule is gone in Carolina. Thank god.

The rebuilding effort will still be a challenge. Rookie QB is hurt, too many bad QB trades there. Defense should be really good moving forward but who knows which direction Tepper goes...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #989 on: October 10, 2022, 11:07:56 AM »
Sorry, Hef.  *hugs*
Nah, it's cool.  You got our coach fired, so thank you!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #990 on: October 10, 2022, 11:10:07 AM »
It absolutely baffles me that in "America", greatness is so readily and steadily scorned.  At that level, you do what you have to do to win.   So what Brady cried at the call? He got it, and his team won.  What do you expect him to do?  "Oh, no, ref, you really blew that one; you should give them the sack and we'll turn the ball over.  Give them a chance to continue their comeback and maybe win the game."  GTFO.   He - and Belichick - have always done what they had to do to win.  Sure it was a bad call; that's on the ref, though, not Brady. He didn't make anyone do something they didn't want to do.  Yeah, not really a fan of the kick; at the angle I saw it looked like it should be a penalty too, but again, it wasn't.

On a positive note, the Pats looked good; held Detroit to what, 0-for-6 on 4th downs?  Matthew Judon is a beast. 

Also, Cooper Rush is the GOAT. He's never lost a start.  Not even the great Tom Brady, or Johnny Unitas did that.  ;) ;)
The Brady roughing call was probably only the 3rd worst I saw yesterday. It's the one that matters because it's Brady, though. Nobody's talking about how the refs are coddling the great Jarred Goff.   :lol

Roughing the passer has become far too difficult to avoid, though. I don't like the call{s}, but they are what they are. 

I picked NE yesterday because they had improved every single week of the season. Yesterday was the first time I didn't see any improvement from the week before, but that likely has more to do with McCorkle being out. The D still looks very good. Having Jacobi Meyers back definitely helps. Davante Adams drawing a flag every time he's thrown to is quite a boon. Jack Jones is looking like a badass. Biggest issues I'm seeing right now are Isiah Wynn and Nelson Agholor. Nelson at least has some moments here and there, but overall they're both liabilities when they're on the field.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #991 on: October 10, 2022, 11:35:43 AM »
Just heard El Barto that Agholor played 7% of the snaps yesterday. He grabbed his hamstring so he may be week to week. The Thornton kid was in 42% of the snaps.  49% for for Parker and 54% for Bourne.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #992 on: October 10, 2022, 12:01:42 PM »

The Brady roughing call was probably only the 3rd worst I saw yesterday. It's the one that matters because it's Brady, though. Nobody's talking about how the refs are coddling the great Jarred Goff.   :lol

Roughing the passer has become far too difficult to avoid, though. I don't like the call{s}, but they are what they are. 

I picked NE yesterday because they had improved every single week of the season. Yesterday was the first time I didn't see any improvement from the week before, but that likely has more to do with McCorkle being out. The D still looks very good. Having Jacobi Meyers back definitely helps. Davante Adams drawing a flag every time he's thrown to is quite a boon. Jack Jones is looking like a badass. Biggest issues I'm seeing right now are Isiah Wynn and Nelson Agholor. Nelson at least has some moments here and there, but overall they're both liabilities when they're on the field.

Is it just me, or are they one of the better tackling teams in the league?   There were about three or four really nice, open-field, one-on-one tackles that shut down what could have been big plays.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #993 on: October 10, 2022, 12:46:14 PM »
Just heard El Barto that Agholor played 7% of the snaps yesterday. He grabbed his hamstring so he may be week to week. The Thornton kid was in 42% of the snaps.  49% for for Parker and 54% for Bourne.
Wasn't it Agholor that coughed up that pick?

Is it just me, or are they one of the better tackling teams in the league?   There were about three or four really nice, open-field, one-on-one tackles that shut down what could have been big plays.
I think it might just look that way because of how absolutely awful they were last year.  :lol  They're definitely majorly improved, and I saw some good open field tackling yesterday. Over the course of the season I've seen some sloppy tackles, too, though. Still, big improvement from last year.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #994 on: October 10, 2022, 12:46:57 PM »
Yes it was.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #995 on: October 10, 2022, 12:49:47 PM »
Brady and the penalty:  wow, what BS!  How else is one supposed to tackle the QB?  And good ol' Tom's leg kick....certainly reminded me of this bush league play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKrSVLYujY

against Ed Reed of all people....a player that both Tom and Bill mentioned in an interview as being the smartest player they ever faced.

Saving grace....the Ravens winning that game in Foxborough and moving on to beat the 'Niners in the SB.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #996 on: October 10, 2022, 12:55:13 PM »
Yes it was.
I'd love to see Thornton get Agholor's snaps during practice this week.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #997 on: October 10, 2022, 01:14:16 PM »
I'd bet he will. Myers was sorely missed. So damn reliable. Gets open.  Doesn't drop passes. Knows to get a 1st down. He does everything the right way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #998 on: October 10, 2022, 05:26:42 PM »
Brady and the penalty:  wow, what BS!  How else is one supposed to tackle the QB?  And good ol' Tom's leg kick....certainly reminded me of this bush league play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKrSVLYujY

against Ed Reed of all people....a player that both Tom and Bill mentioned in an interview as being the smartest player they ever faced.

Saving grace....the Ravens winning that game in Foxborough and moving on to beat the 'Niners in the SB.

I forgot about that play, but just more proof that Brady has always been a little bitch.

Careful, though, you talking about him in a negative way at all means he is in your head!!!  :lol :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #999 on: October 10, 2022, 05:29:27 PM »
I'll send you personal pictures I took of Brady. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1000 on: October 10, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »
Mahomes hit after the pass and pushed hard to the ground.  No flag.

BUT ALL SUPERSTARS GET PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1001 on: October 10, 2022, 06:47:27 PM »
I'm not watching. Brady isn't on.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1002 on: October 10, 2022, 06:51:12 PM »
Mahomes hit after the pass and pushed hard to the ground.  No flag.

Didn't realize Stadler was an NFL Ref.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1003 on: October 10, 2022, 07:23:22 PM »
How do the Raiders even allow Kelce off the line at the goal line?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: October 10, 2022, 07:36:35 PM »
No other bad roughing the passer calls you say?  Lololol

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1005 on: October 10, 2022, 07:39:23 PM »
That was worse than the Brady call. Just horrendous. I hate the Chiefs though so there is that! haha

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1006 on: October 10, 2022, 07:40:57 PM »
I missed it. I think I was DTFing when whatever happened.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1007 on: October 10, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »
That kick was legit!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1008 on: October 10, 2022, 07:50:04 PM »
I didn't see it as I had to run a few errands, but just saw it. That was actually worse than yesterday's roughing call on Bitch Boy Brady.  The NFL has officially jumped the shark.  I can't take the league seriously anymore.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1009 on: October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM »

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: October 10, 2022, 08:31:47 PM »
Mahomes trips, falls, gets up…and then is legitimately tackled and sacked at the LV 12 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter…much worse than Brady yesterday. No flag!

Why? Because it simply a good tackle. Didn’t see Patrick whine or try to kick Perriman afterwards
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1011 on: October 10, 2022, 09:25:59 PM »
Josh McDaniels is now 6-21 in his last 27 games as an NFL head coach.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1012 on: October 10, 2022, 09:36:52 PM »
Why someone gave Hoodie Jr another shot at being a head coach is beyond me. He'll be back on the Pats sidelines next year, most likely.

Feel bad for the team, they deserve a real head coach.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1013 on: October 11, 2022, 07:12:11 AM »
Great win by the Jets yesterday. Not feeling too good about winning against another team's 3rd String QB (and I hope Teddy is OK - I've always liked him, and he seems like a class act), but I'll take scoring 40 points against that Miami Dolphins.

Anyway.... Guess what. I took a look at the Monday Night Football schedule for next week, and who do we have but the Charges and the effin Broncos. The Broncos and Russel Wilson are going to be the most hated team/player in the league by the end of the season (which is saying something, since Brady's still in the league).

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1014 on: October 11, 2022, 07:53:22 AM »
Great comeback last night. After watching the game I realized Chris Jones has been the #1 recipient of terrible flags. Never forget the nothing-the-passer against Brady (of course) in 2018 which cost the Chiefs the AFC Championship; then the taunting call against the Colts a couple weeks ago which gave them their only loss, and then last night. I'm probably wrong but I can't recall this happening to another player so often in such egregious fashion but I suppose it's recency bias.

As to what DragonAttack just posted, yes there's a reason why Pat never reacts that way - he's not a whiny bitch.