Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 127955 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1785 on: December 23, 2022, 07:01:51 PM »
:zydarscouch:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1786 on: December 23, 2022, 08:02:24 PM »
Damn Joe!  Fucking brutal timing all around.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1787 on: December 23, 2022, 08:12:55 PM »
It's been a rough 2 weeks for sure.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1788 on: December 23, 2022, 08:32:39 PM »
It's been a rough 2 weeks for sure.

That's the understatement of the year.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1789 on: December 23, 2022, 08:56:55 PM »
Power came on for 2 minutes. So realistically,  it's been out for 6 & 1/2 hours.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1790 on: December 24, 2022, 06:23:22 AM »
Power out. Sump pump not working. Basement flooded. Ugh.
Dang, that sucks. I've had that happen before, but thankfully in a rental so it wasn't my cost to fix. We installed a sump pump with a battery backup earlier this summer before we finished our basement. It wasn't that expensive and it has given me huge piece of mind. It included redundant pumps so it will back us up if the power goes out or if the first pump fails for some reason.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1791 on: December 24, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
Going to add that and getting an electrician to set up the switchover for our new generator.   Power came back on at 5am.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1792 on: December 24, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
I'm glad you have power back. That sucks big time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1793 on: December 24, 2022, 10:10:49 AM »
Sorry King. Sounds like a right old nightmare.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1794 on: December 24, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »
No cable still. NOOOOOO!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1795 on: December 24, 2022, 10:14:57 AM »
I hate that. It's such a tease.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1796 on: December 24, 2022, 10:18:41 AM »
House still is cold. Needs to warm up more.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1797 on: December 24, 2022, 10:54:13 AM »
Ugh, that sucks. :(

It was -3 yesterday here when I left for work.  It is 17 today, so it feels like a heat wave.  :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1798 on: December 24, 2022, 11:28:53 AM »
Cable is back!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1799 on: December 24, 2022, 11:36:42 AM »
Cable is back!

Just in time for a thrilling Pats game! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1800 on: December 24, 2022, 11:47:06 AM »
Talk about exasperating! :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1801 on: December 24, 2022, 11:47:34 AM »

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1802 on: December 24, 2022, 01:23:04 PM »
Given the amount of shit going on in the world, I may have to upgrade the thread title to "somewhat exapserating".
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1803 on: December 24, 2022, 03:30:18 PM »
I'm at my parents house for Christmas and the toilet paper in the guest bathroom is prison grade. It has to be half ply at best and it should be illegal to sell it to regular consumers.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1804 on: December 25, 2022, 11:56:28 AM »
It's been a rough 52 weeks for sure.

FTFY.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1805 on: December 25, 2022, 04:21:44 PM »
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1806 on: December 25, 2022, 04:24:57 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1807 on: December 25, 2022, 04:36:58 PM »
Dad back in the ER.  They rushed him too fast to the rehab. Never fully took care of the pneumonia.   His oxygen level was at 80% 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1808 on: December 25, 2022, 04:53:23 PM »
Awful news.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1809 on: December 25, 2022, 05:06:53 PM »
Dad back in the ER.  They rushed him too fast to the rehab. Never fully took care of the pneumonia.   His oxygen level was at 80%

FFS mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1810 on: December 25, 2022, 05:54:14 PM »
Gimme a 2!   Gimme a 0! Ah, I give up.   🤮🤮

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1811 on: December 26, 2022, 10:57:12 AM »

Damn.  Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1812 on: December 26, 2022, 11:07:23 AM »
Just checked into the thread. Sorry about your ongoing troubles.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1813 on: December 26, 2022, 11:18:11 AM »
Thanks El Barto.  Thank you everyone.  Just frustrating. When he first was in the ER and the hospital, I gave them my concerns about him not being completely out of the woods with the pneumonia.  The problem is my dad has MS and it's known to affect elderly that have MS with eating and drinking.  He is aspirating.  It's common with elderly that have MS so more fluids are getting to his lungs.  Why they would transfer him to Rehab is beyond me.  Now they have him on a BiPap.  It helps breath both inhaling and exhaling.  His oxygen was at 80%.  The system is so frustrating.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1814 on: December 28, 2022, 10:28:37 AM »
My company has been scrambling to get everyone to watch our annual harassment training videos. It's about an hour's worth of videos.

I personally have been having so many problems with the website we use... Create and account and then it won't let me log in. When I finally FINALLY was able to sit and watch some of them... It forced me to restart the Sexual Harassment vid like 8 times It booted me out without saving my progress.

Came into work early this morning to try it again and I'm finally fucking able to get through them. I had to explain to my ops manager, who's here right now setting things up for the day, that I've watched the Sexual harassment portion so many times that I can repeat it almost word for word :lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1815 on: December 28, 2022, 02:40:12 PM »
My company has been scrambling to get everyone to watch our annual harassment training videos. It's about an hour's worth of videos.

I personally have been having so many problems with the website we use... Create and account and then it won't let me log in. When I finally FINALLY was able to sit and watch some of them... It forced me to restart the Sexual Harassment vid like 8 times It booted me out without saving my progress.

Came into work early this morning to try it again and I'm finally fucking able to get through them. I had to explain to my ops manager, who's here right now setting things up for the day, that I've watched the Sexual harassment portion so many times that I can repeat it almost word for word :lol

I dare you to.   :biggrin:

Those vids are so cringey when they enact the situations about what *not* to do.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1816 on: December 28, 2022, 03:06:50 PM »
When I was at a law firm, our sexual harassment training was done live by one of the partners from our labor/employment department.  It was super entertaining to hear some of the older partners ask questions (both factiously and not) about what was and wasn't permissible.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1817 on: December 28, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »

I dare you to.   :biggrin:

Those vids are so cringey when they enact the situations about what *not* to do.

I often wonder if the people writing the skits for those situations have ever been in an office environment. I'll fully admit I could be lucky and just have a group of awesome coworkers but some of the things in the videos just seem too outlandish. I've gotten the same set of videos two years in a row and I'm curious if the new training I need to take by the end of February has some things shaken up a bit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1818 on: December 28, 2022, 04:28:09 PM »
Years ago when my oldest son was a baby I was up one night with him and there was an infomercial on. The actress from the infomercial I recognized from my company's sexual harassment video. The infomercial...was for a male enhancement pill. WTF??

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1819 on: December 28, 2022, 05:46:34 PM »
My company's sexual harassment video features Faruq from Battlebots.