News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Things I find a tad exasperating v.3

Started by XJDenton, June 26, 2021, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wolfking


axeman90210

I find the broken image a tad exasperating, so at least it's on topic.

Train of Naught

When under-performing humans tell me I'm wrong because they don't want to change their tought process since being a kid

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

I take the family grocery shopping every Saturday, we don't eat out and we have two growing kids (almost 5 and 2) and we also have family over once or twice a week. I might get some fast food once or twice a week, but we otherwise keep it in house 95% of the time.

So it's always a little irritating when the cashier mentions how much we are buying when we all go. Sometimes we are stocking up on kid supplies, like diapers or a ton of toddler snacks. There's usually good deals too, so we end up getting some BOGOs. And I usually am getting 0 calorie drinks as well. Those take up space.

It was particularly stupid this weekend because the cashier went "Oh, WOW" and asked if I was with my wife since we use two carts due to the little guy wanting the racecar cart, which isn't big enough. As he finished scanning the items, he lets out a huge "whew" and shakes his head. WTF dude, you're scanning groceries. It was less than $400, which is reasonable for a family of 4 and sometimes extra people.

So yeah, exasperating.

jingle.boy

He'd have a stroke if he worked at Costco.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

pg1067


hefdaddy42

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 17, 2024, 09:48:42 AM
I take the family grocery shopping every Saturday, we don't eat out and we have two growing kids (almost 5 and 2) and we also have family over once or twice a week. I might get some fast food once or twice a week, but we otherwise keep it in house 95% of the time.

So it's always a little irritating when the cashier mentions how much we are buying when we all go. Sometimes we are stocking up on kid supplies, like diapers or a ton of toddler snacks. There's usually good deals too, so we end up getting some BOGOs. And I usually am getting 0 calorie drinks as well. Those take up space.

It was particularly stupid this weekend because the cashier went "Oh, WOW" and asked if I was with my wife since we use two carts due to the little guy wanting the racecar cart, which isn't big enough. As he finished scanning the items, he lets out a huge "whew" and shakes his head. WTF dude, you're scanning groceries. It was less than $400, which is reasonable for a family of 4 and sometimes extra people.

So yeah, exasperating.
What an asshole!

I never get commentary on the size of our purchases.  I would probably make a comment back to the person if I got one.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Jamesman42

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on June 17, 2024, 10:06:18 AM
What an asshole!

I never get commentary on the size of our purchases.  I would probably make a comment back to the person if I got one.

I'm a pretty shy person and I still almost said something. I avoid that cashier in particular anyway, but got stuck with him that day.

hefdaddy42

"Look here, pal, let me ask you something: what the fuck is your problem?"
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Jamesman42

"Okay guy, I'm going to have my dad talk to you."

*shows him your quote*


TheHoveringSojourn808


Jamesman42

If I am in line, he'll say something like "what's up big guy!". Not something I care to hear. I think he might be on the spectrum, though.

But he's not the only cashier to say stuff about the amount of stuff, which again, isn't some ludicrous amount.

cramx3

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had a comment about my load from a register worker.

At the end of the day, what difference does it make?

hefdaddy42

It's in their business's best interests for people to buy shitloads of groceries.  Making the people who actually do that feel uncomfortable is not a great plan.

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 17, 2024, 10:16:34 AM
"Okay guy, I'm going to have my dad talk to you."

*shows him your quote*
There you go
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

jingle.boy

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on June 17, 2024, 10:10:59 AM
"Look here, pal, let me ask you something: what the fuck is your problem?"

"Yeah... I get how exhausting it is to DO YOUR FUCKING JOB sliding things across a scanner for a couple of minutes.  Want me to get you a glass of water or a stool or something?  Need some electrolyte's, or a sammich?  I can talk to your manager to make sure you get your break now if you want."
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Stadler

Quote from: cramx3 on June 17, 2024, 10:28:24 AM
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had a comment about my load from a register worker.

At the end of the day, what difference does it make?

There's a joke in there somewhere.



I don't mind the "hey big guy!" stuff; it's usually nice to get some humanity out of those folks, but I don't get the need to comment and judge. It's not Reddit or twitter where the only conversation is some snarky comeback for the post in front of you.  Mind your own goddamn business, and start bagging, is what I say.

TAC

And get the damn carriages while you're at it!!!
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lonk

Quote from: TAC on June 17, 2024, 01:57:01 PM
And get the damn carriages while you're at it!!!
These situations would be avoided if it was a self-check out :neverusethis:

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on June 17, 2024, 09:14:39 AM
Buying a car.

I want a new car, but I don't want to go through the whole fucking procedure of actually buying it.

wolfking

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 17, 2024, 09:48:42 AM
I take the family grocery shopping every Saturday, we don't eat out and we have two growing kids (almost 5 and 2) and we also have family over once or twice a week. I might get some fast food once or twice a week, but we otherwise keep it in house 95% of the time.

So it's always a little irritating when the cashier mentions how much we are buying when we all go. Sometimes we are stocking up on kid supplies, like diapers or a ton of toddler snacks. There's usually good deals too, so we end up getting some BOGOs. And I usually am getting 0 calorie drinks as well. Those take up space.

It was particularly stupid this weekend because the cashier went "Oh, WOW" and asked if I was with my wife since we use two carts due to the little guy wanting the racecar cart, which isn't big enough. As he finished scanning the items, he lets out a huge "whew" and shakes his head. WTF dude, you're scanning groceries. It was less than $400, which is reasonable for a family of 4 and sometimes extra people.

So yeah, exasperating.

I seriously would have asked him what his fucking problem was and had it out with him.  Stupid fuck.  You're getting paid asshole to do this, go fuck yourself.

wolfking

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on June 17, 2024, 10:10:59 AM
"Look here, pal, let me ask you something: what the fuck is your problem?"

Yeah yeah, this.

Jamesman42

At least my wife and I don't feel like we're going crazy now. Glad it sounds as weird as it is when it happens.

wolfking

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 17, 2024, 06:14:39 PM
At least my wife and I don't feel like we're going crazy now. Glad it sounds as weird as it is when it happens.

I always use self service checkouts no matter how much stuff I have for this very reason.  The awkwardness as you stand there while they scan, the meaningless small talk not to mention the type of thing you copped.  Nah, fuck that.

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on June 17, 2024, 06:19:30 PM
I always use self service checkouts no matter how much stuff I have for this very reason.  The awkwardness as you stand there while they scan, the meaningless small talk not to mention the type of thing you copped.  Nah, fuck that.

Self scan? Fuck that. i don't work there.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on June 17, 2024, 06:22:19 PM
Self scan? Fuck that. i don't work there.

:lol

I'll avoid useless human interaction where ever I can.

ReaperKK

Quote from: TAC on June 17, 2024, 06:22:19 PM
Self scan? Fuck that. i don't work there.

You know I was reading wolf's post and thought I bet TAC doesn't use self-service because he isn't paid to ring himself up :lol

wolfking

Quote from: ReaperKK on June 17, 2024, 06:48:23 PM
You know I was reading wolf's post and thought I bet TAC doesn't use self-service because he isn't paid to ring himself up :lol

We've been on this merry go round before.  :lol

King Postwhore

Tim in the NBA thread. What the fuck you old curmudgeon. LOL
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: ReaperKK on June 17, 2024, 06:48:23 PM
You know I was reading wolf's post and thought I bet TAC doesn't use self-service because he isn't paid to ring himself up :lol


Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

TAC stands for I'll "Take A Cashier"

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.