Author Topic: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3  (Read 115026 times)

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Things I find a tad exasperating v.3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:18:28 PM »
1st to be slightly irritated, vexed, indignant and overall grumpy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 02:29:11 PM »
1st to be slightly irritated, vexed, indignant and overall grumpy.

I’m exasperated that we needed a new thread!  :getoffmylawn:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 02:50:44 PM »
Is exasperated the same as irritated?  I'm not sure...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 02:52:04 PM »

You’re exasperating!   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline emtee

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »
Mobile phones and driving (at least here in FL ) will eventually kill me. Every day is a near miss. I may have to move just because of the inherent danger. No shit. It's brutal.

Online faizoff

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »
Mobile phones and driving (at least here in FL ) will eventually kill me. Every day is a near miss. I may have to move just because of the inherent danger. No shit. It's brutal.

I'm an amazing multi-tasker, I can do a crap load of things at a time and switch between them seamlessly. I can do it at work, at home like cooking different meals/run errands/watch the kids/etc... fact is I can do all of it. But when I'm driving, I don't look at my phone at all. I have this stand in my car and I load the playlist, load the directions and will only use it when stopped. I've used voice-activated calling and that works. I just cannot imagine the people that text and drive or do things on their phone while driving.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 05:00:26 PM »

That's irritating.

:)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »

Up here, too, though.  You know I have a thing about slow drivers in the left hand lane; it's about 50-50 odds that they are surfing the net or yapping on the phone while doing it. 

As some of you may know from the COVID threads and in P/R, I am very much NOT a person that confronts others for their rudeness or inappropriateness - I tend my own garden - this is the exception that proves me human.  I have no problem laying on the horn and pointing to the phone as I zoom past them on the right.   Unless my wife is in the car, because it embarrasses her.  :)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 06:17:32 PM »

I had one today where I was turning left into two left lanes and I took the closest one because down the road it goes straight instead of making another left onto a highway and the lane was a little backed up but enough to fit my car. Well the person behind me was also going left and looking in the rear view mirror she also thought I was going into the furthest left lane (which had less cars) and when I didn't she clearly whipped her phone down and had a panicked look on her face as she swerved hard left around me to get into the turning lane. She also made an expression like I was an asshole for not chosing the far left lane (which leads to the left turn down the road) since it had less cars in it. Bad driving is just abundant around where I am.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 11:03:25 PM »
Pisses me off that we're on v3 of this and the happy thread barely has over 20 pages.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 04:51:07 AM »

That's irritating.

:)

Touche my good friend.   :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 04:58:44 AM »
Pisses me off that we're on v3 of this and the happy thread barely has over 20 pages.

Yeah, let's all try to do something about that.

JFC... when trying to make a post there, I somehow clicked the motorcycle thread. I found it kinda odd that all the recent posts making people happy were about motorcycles, but whatever.  I don't ride, and have no need for that thread - but now it'll show up in my 'new replies to your posts' feed. :lolpalm:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 05:27:02 AM »
Quote from: Spiritus
That is more than irritating to me. What a fucking stupid idea and I can't believe not enough people complained yet to have this shit removed.

YES.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 09:06:02 AM »
"Challenges".  I've been watching a lot of "America's Funniest Home Videos" - don't judge me; I'm under a lot of stress right now and it's a nice, mindless, apolitical diversion that I find, generally, HILARIOUS.    It seems every episode has some video of a "Challenge".  "Challenge" - read: TORTURE - your kids with candy as you leave the room and say "don't touch it!", only to laugh when your morally bankrupt four year old eats the candy anyways.   "Challenge" someone to simply display ordinary physics which you should have learned in middle school by flipping a half-filled water bottle and marveling when it does exactly what that physics says it was going to do. 

I can think of 100 things that we can "challenge" each other to do that would actually move the needle and make the world a better place (and yes, still have fun, and still get laughs).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »
Carpal tunnel. Been bothering me since December in my right hand and arm, and even wearing the brace at night lately doesn't seem to be helping.  Anyone deal with this and have any other magic solutions?  My trust in doctors has disintegrated in the last few years (especially after this one diagnosed me with carpal tunnel and his advice has made zero difference).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 11:24:57 AM »
Carpal tunnel. Been bothering me since December in my right hand and arm, and even wearing the brace at night lately doesn't seem to be helping.  Anyone deal with this and have any other magic solutions?  My trust in doctors has disintegrated in the last few years (especially after this one diagnosed me with carpal tunnel and his advice has made zero difference).

Use the other hand. 

C'mon! That's funny!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »

Use the other hand. 

C'mon! That's funny!!!

*smacks you with the left hand* (because I can now get more momentum with that one)

:P :P

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »

Use the other hand. 

C'mon! That's funny!!!

Nah, it's just strange.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 09:34:10 PM »
Not sure which is more exasperating. That there is a such a thing as a hard boiled egg slicer, or the fact that we own one. My wife spent 5 minutes tonight looking for ours. I told her should could have used a knife and sliced hundreds of eggs in the time it took to find it.

Basically all very specific kitchen gadgets that do not solve a need. Who first thought that a knife just wasn't good enough to cut up a hard boiled egg?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »
Not sure which is more exasperating. That there is a such a thing as a hard boiled egg slicer, or the fact that we own one. My wife spent 5 minutes tonight looking for ours. I told her should could have used a knife and sliced hundreds of eggs in the time it took to find it.

Basically all very specific kitchen gadgets that do not solve a need. Who first thought that a knife just wasn't good enough to cut up a hard boiled egg?

Who are you?  Alton Brown?  Haha.  :) :)  He's got a permanent hair across his ass about "unitaskers" as he calls them.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2021, 03:34:49 PM »

I believe that carpal tunnel and many other similar ailments may be psychosomatic in a great number of instances. Take a look at the clinical observations of Joseph Sarno, I don't agree with everything he says mind you but I think he was on the something.

Might sound like a bunch of hullabaloo but considering some hullabaloo before you decide to pay an exorbitant amount to have your wrist cut open is a cheap investment imo

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »

I believe that carpal tunnel and many other similar ailments may be psychosomatic in a great number of instances. Take a look at the clinical observations of Joseph Sarno, I don't agree with everything he says mind you but I think he was on the something.

Might sound like a bunch of hullabaloo but considering some hullabaloo before you decide to pay an exorbitant amount to have your wrist cut open is a cheap investment imo

Thanks for the reply!!  :tup :tup

I appreciate that advice as well. I am not even close to the point of thinking I need surgery, but my frustration level with this is still rising by the week.  I will check out that Joseph Sarno stuff.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2021, 04:08:04 PM »
Kev and hullaballoo. A perfect match.  :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2021, 04:15:08 PM »
Don't make my elbow you with my good arm. :P

Offline Skeever

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2021, 05:54:51 PM »

Thanks for the reply!!  :tup :tup

I appreciate that advice as well. I am not even close to the point of thinking I need surgery, but my frustration level with this is still rising by the week.  I will check out that Joseph Sarno stuff.

No worries. I had similar issues with my right arm and wrist and they improved significantly when I started paying more attention to my mental health and some of the stresses that I might have connected to those parts of my body. I read his book "the mind body prescription" and while it was pretty dry at times I felt my symptoms improve almost immediately while I was reading it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 09:48:19 PM »
When my wife takes us to antique stores. I know that one person's trash is another person's treasure. But I don't get the fascination she, and so many other people, seem to have with antique stores. She hardly ever buys anything, and when she does it is some overpriced piece of junk I don't want in my house.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline frogprog

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 07:23:31 AM »
Sometimes trash is trash. My in laws just moved and dumped 6 boxes of crap at our house that my wife "was going to want and had to have".
1 box was filled with old digital cameras, 3.5 floppy discs and about 4 species of long outdated video cams. WTF?! Another box had old broken kitchen gadgets like weird peelers and plastic novelty ice cube trays. Dont forget the broken air fryer.
Maybe i will seal back up the boxes and ship them to their new house in Florida with a note that says" no thank you. "

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 07:38:04 AM »
When my wife takes us to antique stores. I know that one person's trash is another person's treasure. But I don't get the fascination she, and so many other people, seem to have with antique stores. She hardly ever buys anything, and when she does it is some overpriced piece of junk I don't want in my house.

I feel your pain.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 07:55:16 AM »
Sometimes trash is trash. My in laws just moved and dumped 6 boxes of crap at our house

We have like 3 dining room tables in our basement from when my MiL moved and my stepson bought a new one. And my wife says the same thing..."well, someone might want it..". I can fucking tell you someone that does NOT want it!

And she is not a hoarder, but when I go to throw away a household item, she says the same thing.."Don't throw it away we can donate that.." WTF?
I tell her The Salvation Army is not a dump.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »

Since my main job is seasonal and it finishes from Nov - Mar - I have to find other work in that time. I ended up getting paid to sort out a charity shop that was going to open for

the boss of my previous job. I left my job on pretty good terms so they helped me out. But yeah she is in her 70s and is a typical charity (thrift) shop type person.

Won't throw anything away in case that magic someone walks in one day and wants to pay £2 for it  ;D ;D

There were boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of books piled up to the ceiling - and it was my job to sort the good from the crap. But even the crap she was like

" that might be worth something one day to one person who might end up in here by magic and pay a fortune !! "

Yes. MAYBE. But PROBABLY NOT as it's falling to bits has no spine and has mould on it. :lolpalm:

I don't get ornaments and trinkets. It's just a thing that sits on your mantlepiece doing fuck all.  :biggrin:

-----

OTOH I get all my jeans, Hoodies , jackets and tee shirts from charity shops and i've got SO MANY nice clothes for less than £5 an item :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 03:52:12 AM »
Sometimes trash is trash. My in laws just moved and dumped 6 boxes of crap at our house

We have like 3 dining room tables in our basement from when my MiL moved and my stepson bought a new one. And my wife says the same thing..."well, someone might want it..". I can fucking tell you someone that does NOT want it!

And she is not a hoarder, but when I go to throw away a household item, she says the same thing.."Don't throw it away we can donate that.." WTF?

Must be a wife thing.  I tend to 'over' keep things longer than we need them, but my wife is an absolute pro.  We have a kids princess/castle bed that we had for jingle.daughter (she outgrew at like 7 or so) that we're keeping for when (if) we have grand-daughter(s), and can give it to them :lolpalm:.  There's another dozen+ examples of that.  Thankfully, we have a lot of storage space.

When we do the occasional 'purge', mrs.jingle is usually looking for ways to keep things.  I'm often of the mindset 'when in doubt, throw it out'.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 06:43:59 AM »
I love fireworks just a much as the next guy, but if you're still lighting off mortars at 3:30 in the morning, you can go fuck yourself.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 07:11:19 AM »
I love fireworks just a much as the next guy, but if you're still lighting off mortars at 3:30 in the morning, you can go fuck yourself.

Agree. My old neighborhood they would start late may with a few a day, and go all out on July 4th. The streets usually looked orange the day after with the left over shells. Also, they found a way to make it more dangerous this year by combining explosives with flour.

https://abc7ny.com/fireworks-explosion-inwood-manhattan-illegal/10824315/
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2021, 07:59:46 AM »

Must be a wife thing.  I tend to 'over' keep things longer than we need them, but my wife is an absolute pro.  We have a kids princess/castle bed that we had for jingle.daughter (she outgrew at like 7 or so) that we're keeping for when (if) we have grand-daughter(s), and can give it to them :lolpalm:.  There's another dozen+ examples of that.  Thankfully, we have a lot of storage space.

When we do the occasional 'purge', mrs.jingle is usually looking for ways to keep things.  I'm often of the mindset 'when in doubt, throw it out'.

Exactly. Also if you're tidying up and you find something in a cupboard you forgot you had - chuck it.

I was tidying my flat once and I found a bag of clothes I had never sorted so i threw it away. I have enough clothes.

My Dad is a hoarder and has rooms / sheds filled to the brim with clutter. I couldnt do it. I can't relax if my house is a mess.