Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 99386 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. NFL officiating continues to disintegrate
« Reply #1295 on: November 23, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »
Don't want to get spiked by Brady, then get out of his way. Duh.

Since he runs like a sloth.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1296 on: November 23, 2021, 06:55:02 PM »
Let's not forget the classic Bill Burr line about him diving after a guy after an INT.  "He looked like somebody threw a dead body out of a moving car." :rollin :rollin :rollin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1297 on: November 23, 2021, 06:59:34 PM »
 :lol

Seriously.   Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1298 on: November 23, 2021, 07:00:25 PM »
Let's not forget the classic Bill Burr line about him diving after a guy after an INT.  "He looked like somebody threw a dead body out of a moving car." :rollin :rollin :rollin
lmao I need to find a clip of that.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1299 on: November 23, 2021, 07:02:26 PM »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1300 on: November 23, 2021, 07:25:03 PM »
haha yeah I've seen that, his appearance on Conan are always gold.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1301 on: November 24, 2021, 07:12:02 AM »
Naturally people seem to be completely ignoring this . . . what if the roles had been reversed?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/23/tom-brady-catches-little-flak-for-his-spikes-out-slide/

At what point do you look in the mirror and realize it's not the entire world that is wrong, but maybe you?   :) :) :) : )  :) :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1302 on: November 24, 2021, 01:41:38 PM »
When was the last time an NFL player wore anything that could, with a straight face, be called "spikes"?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1303 on: November 25, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »
I didn't see any of the game, but the Bears coach is supposedly about to get fired and the Lions still can't beat them?  :lol :lol :lol :lol

Always good to see the Cowboys lose, although the Raiders winning is always gross, so that was a lose-lose situation. Only saw the 4th Q and OT of that one.

Not watching tonight's game, but it sounds like a bad game.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1304 on: November 25, 2021, 08:53:19 PM »
I didn't see any of the game, but the Bears coach is supposedly about to get fired and the Lions still can't beat them?  :lol :lol :lol :lol
You can never tell how that one's going to work out. I kind of wanted to pick DET, but couldn't shake the idea that maybe the Bears overperform to stick up for their beleaguered coach. Or, maybe they pull a 2010 Cowboys and go out and suck harder than usual. How a team will react in that situation is hard to predict.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1305 on: November 25, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
You can never tell how that one's going to work out. I kind of wanted to pick DET, but couldn't shake the idea that maybe the Bears overperform to stick up for their beleaguered coach. Or, maybe they pull a 2010 Cowboys and go out and suck harder than usual. How a team will react in that situation is hard to predict.

I don't know. I thought they sucked pretty hard today and the Lions were probably the only team they were going to beat today.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1306 on: November 26, 2021, 10:57:13 AM »
I've seen people post here where the refs helped the Cowboys to a win and if you really believe that then you should admit that the officiating of that game yesterday was over the top. They called an IP on a center head nod?

That's effed up man!  :tdwn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1307 on: November 26, 2021, 11:07:20 AM »

I don't know. I thought they sucked pretty hard today and the Lions were probably the only team they were going to beat today.

That is pretty much what came out of the mouth of my 16-year old nephew, who is a big Bears fan now (since my ex-sister in law grew up in Chicago).  He was like, they still looked terrible, but they were playing the Lions.  :lol :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2021, 12:20:25 PM »
I've seen people post here where the refs helped the Cowboys to a win and if you really believe that then you should admit that the officiating of that game yesterday was over the top. They called an IP on a center head nod?

That's effed up man!  :tdwn
The Refs took the fun out of that game. They were over the top flag happy against both teams. Dallas got shafted the worst though on the bogus calls.  :tdwn 😤
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1309 on: November 28, 2021, 12:01:40 PM »
The NFL must have started miking up their goal posts. Tennessee has doinked two FGs, and they sounded like car crashes.  The first one really startled me. :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1310 on: November 28, 2021, 12:04:35 PM »
The NFL must have started miking up their goal posts. Tennessee has doinked two FGs, and they sounded like car crashes.  The first one really startled me. :lol

Good mikes in today's game, especially hearing Belichick calling 12 guys in the huddle after the TO.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1311 on: November 28, 2021, 12:11:30 PM »
 :lol

I love that sound from the opposing teams.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1312 on: November 28, 2021, 12:47:32 PM »
That miss to Henry and the Van Noy drop could prove deadly today.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1313 on: November 28, 2021, 01:06:20 PM »
Yup.  Not capitalizing on the turnover too.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1314 on: November 28, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
So I'm convinced. This is a very good Patriots team.

Also, for at least a few hours NE will lead the AFC. If the Ravens win tonight tiebreakers will come into play.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1315 on: November 28, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »
Got to split with Buffalo. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1316 on: November 28, 2021, 02:04:32 PM »

These four games against Ten, Buffx2, & Indy are the four toughest.
So far, so good.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1317 on: November 28, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »
Got to split with Buffalo.

If you're a Bills fan right now, a split is best case scenario. The Patriots are simply a much better and consistent team at this moment.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1318 on: November 28, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
I've seen weirder things happen Kev but I get it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1319 on: November 28, 2021, 06:20:09 PM »
Meanwhile, Panthers fans are getting a quick reminder of why the franchise bailed on Cam Newton two years ago.  He sucks something awful now.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1320 on: November 28, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
Bucs got a tough road game win. Winfield's interception is one of the best catches, had to be super tough to make that.
I'm hoping they keep their stride. Patriots are in full SB speed ahead by the looks of it and if these two team do meet, I think I'd pick the Pats to take it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1321 on: November 28, 2021, 08:22:34 PM »
Wow! The Browns' secondary is fucking brutal.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1322 on: November 29, 2021, 04:53:57 AM »

These four games against Ten, Buffx2, & Indy are the four toughest.
So far, so good.

I think they crush Indy.  Indy is a good team, but the Pats run defense can slow down Taylor, and Wentz is prone to making dumb turnovers.  The one thing you CANNOT do against this Patriot team is make dumb turnovers.

And kudos to Belichick.  Everyone ELSE was worried about QB, and he quietly put together a 'rest of the team' that is as good as any in the league.  Mac is almost icing on the cake at this point.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #1323 on: November 29, 2021, 08:33:31 AM »
Wow! The Browns' secondary is fucking brutal.

And they still lost.  Teams were 0-52 when throwing four or more interceptions until last night.  Browns offense is a disaster right now.  None of the WR's can stretch the field, so the Ravens just put 8 in the box all night and dared Mayfield to beat them.  Considering Mayfield is basically the black knight from Holy Grail at this point, that was a solid dare.  Browns D was able to contain Lamar Jackson and confuse him most of the night.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1324 on: November 29, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
8 people on the Cowboys have the COVIDS including Mike McCarthy.  :facepalm:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1325 on: November 29, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »
Just saw a stat that JC Jackson has only been targeted 12 times in the last four games. He has 4 INTs and has only allowed 2 completions in those targets. Those are some Revis level stats. The expectation is that he leaves to make a mint somewhere after this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bill tag him.

And LOL Cowboys.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1326 on: November 29, 2021, 01:18:49 PM »
They were just taking about that JC stat on sports talk radio in Boston El Barto. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1327 on: November 29, 2021, 02:47:57 PM »
And LOL Cowboys.  :lol

C'mon man.  People contracting Covid is hardly a laughing matter.  The same goes for injuries.  I thought you knew better than that.  Let's try a little better sportsmanship.  Whaddaya think?  :justjen
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1328 on: November 29, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
Man this Seattle Vs Washington game ending was bonkers. What a cruel fate for Seattle to recover the onside kick at the end only to be called back for an illegal formation. Such a ridiculous game that started really boring and looked like Washington was back to their old self.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1329 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:44 PM »
Helluva way to end a game. Despite needing a WTF win, I was kind of rooting for Seattle in the final two and a half.

If my punter can't kick a 19 yd field goal he's not going to be my punter. Whether he comes from a soccer or Aussie background he's probably kicked a few balls off the ground, and he's damn sure kicking a whole bunch in practice. I totally understand Ron Rivera going for it on the first 4th down, but once they got inside the three they needed to take the FG.

Also, we've seen a whole lot of blown saves coming from PI calls during two minute drills this year. Every time we get to a 3rd and twelve with 46 seconds left I yell "don't interfere, knuckleheads," and inevitably flags fly from all directions on a pass that wasn't even close to the receiver. There are things you really have to drill into your players, and not making stupid penalties when you've got the game sewn up is certainly one of them. Killed Dallas the other night. Seems to be happening more frequently this season.

Lastly, how do you line up illegally on an onside kick? Do you just forget there's a rule book when you practice these things? It's a very specific play. It's not like there are twelve of them each with their own formations. You can only line up one way, and they tell you that quite plainly. SMDH
E.F. Benson