Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 96975 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady going for his 133rd ring!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:15 PM »
Yay STATS!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 07:42:24 PM »
Being a Bucs fan, I'm going to be following this season a lot closer this year than I have in a while.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:05 AM »
Being a Bucs fan, I'm going to be following this season a lot closer this year than I have in a while.

This.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 06:31:27 AM »
Although he's gotten a shade douchier in his waning years (his TikToks, with the bad acting and which turn into thinly disguised ads for his brand, are mind-numbingly excruciating to watch) I can't remember rooting for an individual player like this in a long time.  I WANT Brady to win one more.  The level of football excellence at this point is undeniable and unparalleled, and I'd like to see him lap the field again.   One more, then ride off into the sunset.   By that time, Belichick will likely have landed on his successor in interest, and the next Pats dynasty can begin.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »
Brady has nothing left to prove. He’s already the GOAT. I’ll even concede that fact at this point. I’ve been hurt too many times by his excellence to fight that fact anymore. For selfish reasons, I want him to go out with the worst performance of his career. It would be nice to see that Father Time is coming for him too, just like it came for Manning, Brees, Farve, and so many great players before him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 08:46:04 AM »
I'm probably biased, but I think the interesting thing is how long can he play and be good for.

Look, I'm not biased because he was the Pats QB. I fucking can't stand David Ortiz even though he brought us multiple World Series. I'm biased for Brady because he earned my respect over time. Sure, he comes off as Tom Kardashian at times, but the guy puts his money where his mouth is in terms of working hard and in his preparation.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
It's so fascinating to me to watch that aspect of it; if one thought about it intellectually, Tom Brady is everything that most people would admire in an "American".  He didn't come from excessive money, he wasn't a bonus baby, he wasn't coddled all the way through college, he didn't pay lip-service to his college time as simply "one step in the master plan"...   He is the epitome of the "American way" of pulling himself up by the bootstraps, working hard, working RELENTLESSLY, and simply refusing to lose.  He's exactly the living personification of why the 1980 Olympic hockey team captured our hearts and minds.   But we also have a streak of having to cut down people that get TOO successful.  It's almost like we have to find ways to undermine that success once it gets out of hand.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 09:05:04 AM »
I've heard enough Tom Brady interviews and press conferences over the years to really have no issue with the guy. Over the last half dozen or so years, there's been a shift in his demeanor for sure, but he built a foundation of respect (for me) over the first 12-15 years he was here in the way he carried himself.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 09:24:58 AM »
I like that you can see his sarcastic, funny side now that you only heard rumors of.  Bill runs a tight ship for sure.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pg1067

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
I'm probably biased, but I think the interesting thing is how long can he play and be good for.

This.

George Blanda last played in the 1975 NFL season at the age of 48, but it looks like he wasn't terribly productive after his age 44 season, which is what the 2021 season will be for Brady.  Brady would have to play through the 2025 season to break Blanda's age record, and I wouldn't put it past him to do it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 04:07:03 PM »
Being connected to Belichick's alleged cheating ways* and surliness for 20 years didn't help Brady's rep, but he seems like a pretty likable guy overall.

*Nobody would have cared if Deflategate had happened to the starting QB of any other coach in the league, but to many it was another case of the Patriots trying to skirt the rules, fair or not.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 04:31:05 PM »
He’s getting some flack about his whining about the rule change re:uniforms.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
Look who brought this change to the league. Why would KC want that?🤔
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
Look who brought this change to the league. Why would KC want that?🤔

Is that true?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2021, 06:29:20 PM »
"NFL owners have approved a rule change that would allow more players to wear single-digit numbers, according to The MMQB's Albert Breer. The rule change, which was initially proposed by the Chiefs, would allow running backs, tight ends and wide receivers to wear any number from one to 49 as well as 80–89."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »
Oh wow! Is Bill Polian running the Chiefs now?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 06:56:03 PM »
Right?! :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 06:59:08 PM »
Not sure why it matters who asked for the rule change, but football fans love a good outrage or conspiracy. ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 07:20:57 PM »
The talk is it will give them an advantage.  Hence Tom Brady's complaining.   Lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 07:55:41 PM »
So how exactly does it give an advantage?  Or is this something that Brady decided, "I'm going to use this as fuel to be more competitive even if it makes me look petty."?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 08:15:53 PM »
No.  Not Brady.   It's the talkshows.  Sports pundits. Their theories. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »
It's so fascinating to me to watch that aspect of it; if one thought about it intellectually, Tom Brady is everything that most people would admire in an "American".  He didn't come from excessive money, he wasn't a bonus baby, he wasn't coddled all the way through college, he didn't pay lip-service to his college time as simply "one step in the master plan"...   He is the epitome of the "American way" of pulling himself up by the bootstraps, working hard, working RELENTLESSLY, and simply refusing to lose.  He's exactly the living personification of why the 1980 Olympic hockey team captured our hearts and minds.   But we also have a streak of having to cut down people that get TOO successful.  It's almost like we have to find ways to undermine that success once it gets out of hand.

I don't care about any of that.  I just hated him in the beginning because I was a fan of Peyton.  But he won me over because
...he earned my respect over time. Sure, he comes off as Tom Kardashian at times, but the guy puts his money where his mouth is in terms of working hard and in his preparation.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 05:00:18 PM »
Yeah, and the other thing about Brady is...the respect he has from not only his teammates, but also his peers. That always speaks volumes.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »
For sure.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
NFL Draft tomorrow night!  :metal

And if you're up for trying some different, give these guys a listen: https://www.theticket.com/

The draft coverage starts at 6:30 Central and while there will be a good focus on the Cowboys they really do a comprehensive job on ALL NFL teams and their player profiles after a a draft pick is made can be hilarious.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 08:39:56 AM »
I respect Brady and acknowledge his place in history.

But if he wins again, I'm just going to vomit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2021, 01:53:29 PM »
NFL Draft tomorrow night!  :metal

And if you're up for trying some different, give these guys a listen: https://www.theticket.com/

The draft coverage starts at 6:30 Central and while there will be a good focus on the Cowboys they really do a comprehensive job on ALL NFL teams and their player profiles after a a draft pick is made can be hilarious.
Indeed. Jabbing an ice pick into your own ears is something very few will ever get to experience. Listening to the fucking Ticket will give everybody incentive to learn what it feels like.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2021, 02:02:46 PM »
It occurs to me that in 2022, when number changes are free, the Patriots are going to have the most irrational positional numbering in the league. Each 10 will have one of every position. His receivers will be 03, 17, 21,34, 42, and 99. His linebackers and DBs will follow the same pattern. The only players with numbers in the 80s will be running backs. Bill might think it's a stupid idea, and he may have voted against it, but he's damn sure pondering ways to use it to fuck with people.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
That's funny. Belichick will be the one assigning everyone their number. He'll have it figured out by then.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 02:19:08 PM »
That's funny. Belichick will be the one assigning everyone their number. He'll have it figured out by then.
He's already got Matt Patricia doing the statistical and psychological analysis of how to create the most confusion.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2021, 02:19:46 PM »
 :lol  Too funny.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2021, 02:34:38 PM »
He confuses his own fanbase on what he's going to do.  :lol