Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 97313 times)

Offline hunnus2000

Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals
« Reply #3045 on: March 22, 2022, 02:08:18 PM »
I always rooted for the Browns, but their failures are not the result of bad breaks or bad luck. They do it to themselves. I hope Watson never plays a down for them and Mayfield lights them up every time he plays them.

They'd finally gotten past being the 'Clowns' these past two years.  Or so one thought.  Their (mis)management continues to astound me.

Other than their ugly uniforms, I wouldn't be too hard on the Browns. They have some decent pieces on their team but they have gotten below average play from the QB for the last few seasons. Plus he is too cocky for his own good. The front office should be commended for going out and getting Watson AND Cooper. I think Cleveland will make some noise this year IF Watson is not suspended which he likely will be.

But I can see a scenario where they keep Baker knowing that Watson will get a suspension of probably 6 games and then they agree to trade Baker mid-season.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3046 on: March 22, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »
I still feel like Baker could be something in the right hands.  I thought that might be Frank Reich, but obvs not.  John Harbaugh, maybe?

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3047 on: March 23, 2022, 10:51:10 AM »
The Ravens have a QB, and he wouldn't fit the current system.

Mayfield always irked the hell out of me.  In the past couple of years, his little pressers were much better spoken, showing growth and maturity.  Plus, his ad with Alice Cooper is just so fun :tup

I admired what he did last year.  His body was just a physical wreck, but he showed so much fortitude and guts.  Give him a chance to heal, and with continued growth, I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Carolina might be his next destination.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3048 on: March 23, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »
Chiefs send Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins.

Hill immediately signs a four year extension for $120M.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.