Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 74030 times)

Offline XeRocks81

Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #1120 on: October 13, 2023, 08:04:54 AM »
Eras Tour movie premiere day!   I'm seeing it tonight with a buddy of mine and his 11 year old daughter.  Should be a blast

Online faizoff

« Reply #1121 on: October 13, 2023, 08:28:17 AM »
My daughter and wife are going tomorrow. I looked today and they've updated the shows in my nearby theater to 40 screens per day in the weekend. It's insane how many shows got added on.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1122 on: October 15, 2023, 08:38:50 PM »
is each city getting a different movie? is it just a normal concert film but cut from song performances from the entire tour, or just one show, or something else?
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1123 on: October 16, 2023, 06:20:56 AM »
Saw it with Mrs. P yesterday. What a show! Neither of us knew any of the music (except Shake it Off), but really enjoyed the presentation, choreography, cinematography, energy, and especially the fans in the arena. I dug the songs presented from Red, 89, and Midnight Eras. I found most of her songs had clever lyrics, but not a lot of variety in melodies. Not that her songs were samey, but she uses a pretty narrow melodic range and her approach to melody writing hasn't changed much over the years...or so it seems to me.

Anyway, what a personality, and what a concert!  :tup :tup
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1124 on: October 16, 2023, 02:07:40 PM »
is each city getting a different movie? is it just a normal concert film but cut from song performances from the entire tour, or just one show, or something else?

it was recorded over 3(?) nights in los angeles at the end of the first leg of the tour back in august of this year.   In editing the movie they cut a song (or two) in each section(except for Speak Now because there was only one), for time considerations I suppose. 

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #1125 on: October 16, 2023, 02:10:47 PM »
hey what happened to Kevshmev? He usually kept this thread going but I see he hasn’t posted or been active on the forum in a while. 

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #1126 on: October 16, 2023, 03:15:34 PM »
I’ve been wondering that too…

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1127 on: October 16, 2023, 03:27:50 PM »
Well, looks like Taylor got a new boyfriend, do we really know Kev's actual identity?

:P
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1128 on: October 16, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »
Well, looks like Taylor got a new boyfriend, do we really know Kev's actual identity?

That would be a hoot; our man Kev left us to date T-Swift!!!  :) :) :) :)

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #1129 on: October 16, 2023, 04:13:09 PM »

it was recorded over 3(?) nights in los angeles at the end of the first leg of the tour back in august of this year.   In editing the movie they cut a song (or two) in each section(except for Speak Now because there was only one), for time considerations I suppose. 

thanks! gotta admit i kinda fell off the TS hype train after seeing my show in Denver, so i haven't been paying close attention to the rest of the shows or the movie release
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2023, 04:04:13 PM »

I guess we can hear all about his flaws and failures on her next album then 😄

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2023, 04:20:15 PM »

:rollin
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: October 18, 2023, 06:54:44 AM »
"Welcome To St. Louis".

Online faizoff

« Reply #1133 on: October 18, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
Saw it with Mrs. P yesterday. What a show! Neither of us knew any of the music (except Shake it Off), but really enjoyed the presentation, choreography, cinematography, energy, and especially the fans in the arena. I dug the songs presented from Red, 89, and Midnight Eras. I found most of her songs had clever lyrics, but not a lot of variety in melodies. Not that her songs were samey, but she uses a pretty narrow melodic range and her approach to melody writing hasn't changed much over the years...or so it seems to me.

Anyway, what a personality, and what a concert!  :tup :tup

Daughter and wife saw it past weekend and they might be biased as big swifties but they just loved it. Daughter was sad that the nearly 3 hour concert movie ended. She wants to go again and I might go with her this time. I've read and heard from many non-fans it's an amazing experience in the theater with all that you described. I did go to her Reputation tour and at the time knew one or maybe two songs and I had a great time and was very entertained even though I felt kinda awkward in a sea of mostly preteen girls.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1134 on: October 18, 2023, 06:58:20 AM »

This morbid curiosity is about the only reason I would consider dating her.  But I would find a way to delete the master copy before it went to press.   :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: October 18, 2023, 07:19:03 AM »

This morbid curiosity is about the only reason I would consider dating her.  But I would find a way to delete the master copy before it went to press.   :lol

So you're saying you'd date her to find out your flaws and failures after the fact?  Haha, that's actually kind of funny. :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1136 on: October 18, 2023, 07:20:18 AM »

So you're saying you'd date her to find out your flaws and failures after the fact?  Haha, that's actually kind of funny. :)

DTF will give that to you right up front, and it won't even cost you a dinner! ;D

My other thought is that Litho is obviously not married because you don't have to wait "after the fact" to hear about your flaws and failures. You get that kind of feedback in the here and now. :lol
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 07:29:49 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #1137 on: October 18, 2023, 08:15:58 AM »
Yeah, but you don't normally get songs out of it.  :p

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1138 on: October 25, 2023, 04:58:58 PM »

Just call me Travis.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #1139 on: October 25, 2023, 04:59:43 PM »

Just call me Travis.

:lol

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2023, 07:51:33 PM »
So my 10 yo daughter went to the movie with a friend and she liked a few songs but I don't think she's gone full Swiftie yet. I've tried to listen to some of her songs. Can someone help me understand the appeal? Where should I start? I appreciate that she writes her own songs and is legit talented so wanted to give her a legit shot.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1141 on: October 25, 2023, 07:59:08 PM »
So my 10 yo daughter went to the movie with a friend and she liked a few songs but I don't think she's gone full Swiftie yet. I've tried to listen to some of her songs. Can someone help me understand the appeal? Where should I start? I appreciate that she writes her own songs and is legit talented so wanted to give her a legit shot.

She writes easily accessible pop songs with lyrics that are relatable. Most of her output is actually pretty good and inoffensive, but she has also written some absolute cringe inducing garbage. I would start with Red. Speak Now is also pretty good. Before you listen to her best album, 1989, immediately delete Bad Blood from the track list. This song was included by mistake.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1142 on: October 25, 2023, 08:04:20 PM »

I would say give an album or two full spins (to see if it grabs ya).  I started off with Folklore and Evermore, her two 2020 quarantine albums, both of which are great for this time of year. The hooks on both are not immediate, but the slow burn of them are amazing, and when they grab you, they do not let go, and both albums are lyrical masterworks.

I feel you cannot go wrong either with Speak Now and Red (the originals).   Speak Now still has a bit of country, but has a strong dirty rock feel.  Red is where the country was mostly gone and the pop was starting to creep in; that album has a lot of variety and many of her best songs. 

1989 is probably her catchiest and most pop album, and it is a great record.  I don't listen to it as much as the others because I like my pop a little different, but it's a great album for what it is. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1143 on: October 26, 2023, 07:11:46 AM »
1989 has what I consider two of the greatest pop songs ever.  Not HER greatest pop songs, but in general.   "Wildest Dreams" and "New Romantics". 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1144 on: October 26, 2023, 07:14:25 AM »
And yet Wildest Dreams is one of the five songs from the concert that was cut from the film. :P :P

I get that she probably had to cut a little to keep it under three hours for reasons beyond her control, but it was still a slight bummer.  Regardless, the concert film is still most awesome (seen it twice..so far ;)).

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1145 on: October 26, 2023, 07:49:09 PM »
Thanks all, I'll check those out.

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #1146 on: October 27, 2023, 04:15:38 AM »
Went to Eras movie today to celebrate 1989 re-release. Damn, that was a really well done concert film. I love the added visuals at the start of each era, but everything overall was really well done. Must say though, I think that Matt Billingslea's drum kit is almost a hybrid of Neil Peart and Mike Portnoy's signature kits, just a bit scaled down.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #1147 on: October 27, 2023, 05:55:21 AM »
Is 1989 the last of her re-releases?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1148 on: October 27, 2023, 06:08:02 AM »
Is 1989 the last of her re-releases?

No, the self titled and the album Reputation are missing.

She re-recorded all her other albums for which she doesn't own the masters, gaining new artistic and financial control over them.

Now all that's left to take back is her name, and her reputation  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1149 on: October 27, 2023, 08:28:01 AM »
As I have said before, I am buying the re-recordings for the Vault tracks and to support the endeavor, but I have zero hope that the TVs of the songs from the normal album will be as good or better than the originals.  The originals of both Red and Speak Now are miles ahead of the re-records, but the Vault tracks from both those are pretty damn great.  I have been listening to the ones from Speak Now since they were released in July, and I can safely say that Timeless has become one of my favorite songs of hers.  There are five Vault tracks here on 1989 TV, and I am sure there will be some major gems.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1150 on: October 27, 2023, 11:27:54 AM »
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but aside from a few mixing choices, and vocal deliveries, the 1989 rerecordings are pretty good.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1151 on: October 27, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »
Imogen Heap actually worked with her on the new version of 1989 (unsure how I feel about that, but I support Imogen Heap in whatever she does regardless how I feel about Taylor Swift and her music).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy5yzRGATx7/?img_index=1

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #1152 on: October 27, 2023, 01:20:28 PM »
So it sounds like the originals are better than the re-records?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1153 on: October 27, 2023, 02:59:26 PM »
So it sounds like the originals are better than the re-records?

I am admittedly usually a slave to what I hear first, so not sure I am the best judge of this.  I heard Fearless TV first, so I prefer that to the original Fearless (although I think her vocals at 18 being a bit too rough around the edges is ultimately why I had some difficulty with the original), but I heard the original Red and Speak Now both before TVs of each, so I prefer those originals.

I have managed to listen to most of 1989 TV today and most of it seems about as good or close to as good as the original.  Some minor quibbles, but that could be more of a me thing than anything else. 

Online HOF

« Reply #1154 on: October 27, 2023, 03:05:09 PM »
It's really hard to nail a re-record. You get into an uncanny valley type situation where the closer it is to the original, the more the differences bother you. I am not familiar enough with the albums she has re-recorded to tell you much about the differences, but it does feel like the Speak Now songs just weren't quite right. I think it probably has more to do with her being older and having a different voice now, but some of the energy seemed different as well. Haven't tried 1989 yet, which is the album of hers I'm most familiar with.