Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 118370 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Chiefs give future GOAT big bucks
« Reply #1050 on: November 11, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
I agree Bart.

But they still have issues at QB going forward.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1051 on: November 11, 2020, 01:26:44 PM »
I agree with you too, Bart. 

What do you guys see at QB moving forward?    Draft pick?  Another free agent pickup?  Stick with Cam?   I feel like Bill likes the IDEA of Cam more than the reality of Cam, but what does that mean for decision-making?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1052 on: November 11, 2020, 02:52:45 PM »

What do you guys see at QB moving forward?    Draft pick?  Another free agent pickup?  Stick with Cam?   I feel like Bill likes the IDEA of Cam more than the reality of Cam, but what does that mean for decision-making?

The Cam Newton experiment was really hurt by the lack of preseason and proper training camp. You can see that Cam is starting to get more comfortable in the Patriots offense, so imagine if he would have had a full preseason to get acclimated. New England is the best place for him, and I think that if they stick with him next season, they’ll look a lot better with him having a full year in McDaniels’ offense.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1053 on: November 11, 2020, 05:38:06 PM »
Cam is the bridge to get the next QB which is a tough task to get right.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1054 on: November 11, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »

Trade Stephon Gilmour, this year's number one, and next year's number one to the Jets and grab Lawrence. From the Jets' point of view, they're better off using the picks to build around Darnold than starting over again. Not to mention, if he's half as smart as the scouts say he is, he'll tell the Jets to fuck right off. For the Patriots, Bills going to trade out of the first round anyway. Plus, he's generally better at finding talent in the lower rounds than the higher ones. Hell, his UFAs work out better than his high value picks half the time. Everything I've heard is that TL is the best prospect since Peyton Manning. That's worth worth more than the likely return on using those picks.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1055 on: November 11, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
No chance the Jets trade the #1 pick to the Pats.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1056 on: November 11, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
You'd certainly think that. Yet, I can't shake this sneaking suspicion that they might not be very good at this sort of thing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1057 on: November 11, 2020, 08:25:00 PM »
You'd certainly think that. Yet, I can't shake this sneaking suspicion that they might not be very good at this sort of thing.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1058 on: November 12, 2020, 07:57:57 AM »
Jets trading the #1 pick to the Pats would be one of the biggest sports blunders in a long time.  I could see them trading to get more picks and keep Darnold... but not to their division rival.  That would haunt them for a century or more.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1059 on: November 12, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
Jets trading the #1 pick to the Pats would be one of the biggest sports blunders in a long time.  I could see them trading to get more picks and keep Darnold... but not to their division rival.  That would haunt them for a century or more.

The Jets shouldn’t trade the first pick under any circumstances. If Trevor Lawrence declares for 2021, they get a once in a generation talent. If he stays in school for another year, they can use the first pick to take a building block for Darnold. Either way, trading the first pick is stupid.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: November 12, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »

The Jets shouldn’t trade the first pick under any circumstances. If Trevor Lawrence declares for 2021, they get a once in a generation talent. If he stays in school for another year, they can use the first pick to take a building block for Darnold. Either way, trading the first pick is stupid.

I just reread that and I meant decade not century but knowing the Jets, a mistake like that maybe could last a century  :lol but I don't know if trading the 1st pick is stupid.  If Lawrence is available and not going to fight about going to the Jets, then they should use it, but if they could get more 1st round picks by trading, it might make a lot of sense. I don't follow the Jets closely to know what they need, but given their record, it seems like they could use two good players over one.  The draft is a crapshoot anyway, know one knows if even Lawrence will play out to be a generation talent in the NFL.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: November 12, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
Belichick has friends in the league.  If he gets the Jets number one - IF - it likely won't be directly from the Jets anyway.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1062 on: November 12, 2020, 01:24:50 PM »
He'd trade down anyway.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1063 on: November 12, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Belichick has friends in the league.  If he gets the Jets number one - IF - it likely won't be directly from the Jets anyway.
I know the Jets aren't good enough to defend against that.  "What do you mean they traded it to New England! Can they do that?"   :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1064 on: November 14, 2020, 08:43:51 AM »

Agreed.  Given how highly touted Lawrence is, you don't trade the number 1 pick if you get it.

And I think it's clear that the Jets organization (not the players or coaches; I believe front offices tank, but players and coaches do not) is in full tank mode to get the number 1 pick, otherwise Adam Gase would have been fired weeks ago.  By holding on to Gase, getting the worst record and securing the number 1 pick is likely, as opposed to firing him and then seeing an interim head coach getting the team to gut out two or three wins and losing the top pick.

All that said, I would have no problem with it if Lawrence came out and said he will not play for the Jets.  If you are the number 1 guaranteed pick, you have power.  Might as well use it.

Offline T-ski

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Let Russell Cook
« Reply #1065 on: November 14, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »
Welcome back Kev!
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: November 14, 2020, 09:20:01 AM »

Agreed.  Given how highly touted Lawrence is, you don't trade the number 1 pick if you get it.

And I think it's clear that the Jets organization (not the players or coaches; I believe front offices tank, but players and coaches do not) is in full tank mode to get the number 1 pick, otherwise Adam Gase would have been fired weeks ago.  By holding on to Gase, getting the worst record and securing the number 1 pick is likely, as opposed to firing him and then seeing an interim head coach getting the team to gut out two or three wins and losing the top pick.

All that said, I would have no problem with it if Lawrence came out and said he will not play for the Jets.  If you are the number 1 guaranteed pick, you have power.  Might as well use it.

If you're a Jet fan, one would hope that it would be a wakeup call.  They had no consequences for their actions over the past couple years, because they were getting players that had high opinions of themselves and their abilities (Reavis, Bell).   I think Elway was a wakeup call of sorts for the Colts.   I'm not sure if San Diego learned anything from the Manning/Rivers/Brees thing.  But maybe this will be the kickstart the Jets need to break out of their rut.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1067 on: November 14, 2020, 11:01:18 AM »

If you're a Jet fan, one would hope that it would be a wakeup call.  They had no consequences for their actions over the past couple years, because they were getting players that had high opinions of themselves and their abilities (Reavis, Bell).   I think Elway was a wakeup call of sorts for the Colts.   I'm not sure if San Diego learned anything from the Manning/Rivers/Brees thing.  But maybe this will be the kickstart the Jets need to break out of their rut.

I saw this elsewhere a while back and it cracked me up: for as hapless as the Jets are considered to be now, they have still been to three AFC title games since the last time the Dallas Cowboys made it to one.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: November 14, 2020, 11:23:21 AM »
Saw the title changed.....indeed, welcome back, Kev!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1069 on: November 14, 2020, 11:28:01 AM »
Thanks, sports fans! :tup :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: November 14, 2020, 12:50:56 PM »
Just realized with Kev gone, the title to this thread won't ever change.

* realizes the thread title changed...   :)

And the correct phrasing is "Let Russ Cook." Good lord am I tired of hearing that up here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:57:35 PM by Cool Chris »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1071 on: November 14, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
Just realized with Kev gone, the title to this thread won't ever change.

* realizes the thread title changed...   :)

And the correct phrasing is "Let Russ Cook." Good lord am I tired of hearing that up here.

They’re gonna take the spatula away if he keeps having 4-turnover games . . .

Agreed on welcome back Kev. Love your input on the NFL.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1072 on: November 14, 2020, 06:38:21 PM »
That was hopefully an outlier. But the way this defense is playing, he's gonna have to play near flawless games if they are going to win (excepting of course that stretch against the NFC East).

And hopefully with Kev's return we'll get some power rankings soon!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1073 on: November 14, 2020, 07:56:12 PM »

I've thought of this, but the Jets might be more attractive than some people are giving them credit for. They've got a ton of picks, including probably the no. 1 overall, and are going into a great cap situation. If Mehki can stay healthy that is a huge boon to any QB as when he's on the field he's one of the best at the position. And I think Joe Douglas is a legit football mind, also. Once they have a good coach in place I'm not sure what No. 1 overall pick will have ever walked into a better situation.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1074 on: November 14, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »

I've thought of this, but the Jets might be more attractive than some people are giving them credit for. They've got a ton of picks, including probably the no. 1 overall, and are going into a great cap situation. If Mehki can stay healthy that is a huge boon to any QB as when he's on the field he's one of the best at the position. And I think Joe Douglas is a legit football mind, also. Once they have a good coach in place I'm not sure what No. 1 overall pick will have ever walked into a better situation.

Belichick? There are rumblings that he's not long for the Pats...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Let Russ Cook
« Reply #1075 on: November 15, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »

And hopefully with Kev's return we'll get some power rankings soon!

I will get with the committee and see if they are willing to meet virtually once a week in order to drum some up for the remainder of the season.

Agreed on welcome back Kev. Love your input on the NFL.

Thanks.  :coolio

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1076 on: November 15, 2020, 02:45:04 PM »
And how great a job is Brian Flores doing in Miami?  He has them on a roll.  I wasn't sure making the switch to Tua at the time they did was the right move at the time, but they have not missed a beat.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #1077 on: November 15, 2020, 03:20:01 PM »
And how great a job is Brian Flores doing in Miami?  He has them on a roll.  I wasn't sure making the switch to Tua at the time they did was the right move at the time, but they have not missed a beat.

Dolphins defense is legit too
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1078 on: November 15, 2020, 05:25:51 PM »
Russell Wilson had the narrative and the media on his side to win the MVP award, but it feels like he has pissed it away the last few weeks.  Just too many turnovers.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1079 on: November 15, 2020, 06:05:58 PM »
Russell Wilson had the narrative and the media on his side to win the MVP award, but it feels like he has pissed it away the last few weeks.  Just too many turnovers.

Yeah it’s gonna be Mahomes again. Guy hasn’t even turned it on yet.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1080 on: November 15, 2020, 06:51:41 PM »
Steelers 9-0 with the 29th ranked rush offense. Can’t keep putting that much pressure on a 38 year old QB. Not sustainable.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: November 15, 2020, 06:57:34 PM »

Yes these last couple performances have been a total bed crapping. Would have thought holding the Rams to 23 would have been sufficient.

Damn, the end of that Cards/Bills game too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: November 15, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »
Wow that Hail Mary

I'm glad to see my Giants continue to improve.  They suddenly have a run game (not just Jones scrambling) and it's really started to help Jones passing game, oh and he stopped turning the ball over at insanely high levels.  While beating the Redskins and Eagles isn't anything to get super excited about, I hope they continue to build confidence and given the terrible division, they can have a weird shot to make the playoffs and keep me interested for the final 6 games.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1083 on: November 15, 2020, 09:09:34 PM »
Belichick showing his genius again. NE is outmanned and has no business winning this game.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1084 on: November 15, 2020, 09:14:57 PM »
Who saw that coming?