Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114127 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Let Russ Cook
« Reply #1120 on: November 20, 2020, 07:47:27 AM »
I like the Cardinals, I think they're a good team, and Kyler Murray is the real deal.  They are not going to go far though; Kliff Kingsbury does not have control of that team.  Costly emotional penalties, and this is the second game in a row that Murray was leading the offense, and the sideline called a timeout, to Murray's obvious frustration.  Now, I get it; Murray is a kid, and he's known for being quiet and aloof, not a coddler, but it's obvious; you can't rely on the Hail Murray every week (that was the Packers at the end of the McCarthy era, another example of a coach that didn't have control of his team).   

They have the talent; they are good on both sides of the ball, but we're at the point of separating the "Very Goods" from the "Truly Greats".  Granted, Seattle made some costly (and DUMB) penalties as well, but when they needed it, they were in sync and disciplined.  The Cards were not.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1121 on: November 20, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
I like the Cardinals, I think they're a good team, and Kyler Murray is the real deal.  They are not going to go far though; Kliff Kingsbury does not have control of that team.  Costly emotional penalties, and this is the second game in a row that Murray was leading the offense, and the sideline called a timeout, to Murray's obvious frustration.  Now, I get it; Murray is a kid, and he's known for being quiet and aloof, not a coddler, but it's obvious; you can't rely on the Hail Murray every week (that was the Packers at the end of the McCarthy era, another example of a coach that didn't have control of his team).   

They have the talent; they are good on both sides of the ball, but we're at the point of separating the "Very Goods" from the "Truly Greats".  Granted, Seattle made some costly (and DUMB) penalties as well, but when they needed it, they were in sync and disciplined.  The Cards were not.

Agreed.  Murray is really good, but once they got down inside the 30 late, he was chucking it to the end zone on every play when they still had plenty of time to take the underneath stuff and get closer. Very much a young QB trying to get it all on one throw instead of taking what the defense was giving him.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1122 on: November 21, 2020, 09:45:23 AM »
Yes Kyler Murray  but the Cards are too reliant on his legs. I heard a stat that they are like 1-7 when Murray runs for less than 30 yards so they need to address that. The boy sure is fast though.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1123 on: November 22, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »
I stand by my opinion that special teams coaches are the dumbest people in pro football.

Wanna get blackout drunk?  Playing a drinking game where you have every Sunday game on multiple TV's and you have to take a shot of whiskey every time a kick returner catches the kickoff in the end zone, runs it out, and doesn't get it back to at least the 25-yard line.  You'll be seeing nothing but black by 1 pm CST.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1124 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
Joe Burrow just got carted off with a knee injury that looked really ugly.  You hate to see that. The rookie was looking really good.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1125 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »
Yeah, that looked brutal.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: November 22, 2020, 01:19:19 PM »
I stand by my opinion that special teams coaches are the dumbest people in pro football.

Wanna get blackout drunk?  Playing a drinking game where you have every Sunday game on multiple TV's and you have to take a shot of whiskey every time a kick returner catches the kickoff in the end zone, runs it out, and doesn't get it back to at least the 25-yard line.  You'll be seeing nothing but black by 1 pm CST.

HAHAHAHA.  You're right, though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1127 on: November 22, 2020, 01:21:40 PM »
Joe Burrow just got carted off with a knee injury that looked really ugly.  You hate to see that. The rookie was looking really good.

Supposedly Burkhead, too. I flipped away, then came back and the announcer said it was 'too brutal to show a replay' and he's out for the game (knee). 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1128 on: November 22, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »

I've been saying this for years.  "And Schmoe takes the kickoff 2 yards deep...and he's brought down at the 18 yard line for a 20 yard return!"  No...he lost seven yards.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1129 on: November 22, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »
Philly needs to thank Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz* for their first Super Bowl win and then kick both to the curb.  Both are a disaster at this point.

*I know Wentz didn't win the actual Super Bowl, but they don't get the 1 seed without him playing at an MVP level all season before getting hurt in December.

Ravens/Titans was fun earlier, and this Colts/Packers game is entertaining as heck as well.  Waiting to see if Rodgers can actually pull off a comeback win against a good team.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #1130 on: November 22, 2020, 06:09:04 PM »
Chargers almost blew a 4th quarter lead again, giving the Jets their first win!  :facepalm:  ALMOST.   :lol

With proper coaching and some other key pieces, the Chargers can go far.

"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
Philly needs to thank Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz* for their first Super Bowl win and then kick both to the curb.  Both are a disaster at this point.

*I know Wentz didn't win the actual Super Bowl, but they don't get the 1 seed without him playing at an MVP level all season before getting hurt in December.

Ravens/Titans was fun earlier, and this Colts/Packers game is entertaining as heck as well.  Waiting to see if Rodgers can actually pull off a comeback win against a good team.

I needed that GB game badly.  No discipline in Green Bay.  Bad penalties, bad turnovers...  killer. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: November 22, 2020, 07:11:23 PM »
Derek Carr's kill signals are hilarious.   I forget the one before, which was funny, but he just yelled out "James Harden!"

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1133 on: November 23, 2020, 06:00:40 AM »
Brady’s gotta be lickng his chops at the prospect of facing this Chiefs defense next week.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1134 on: November 23, 2020, 07:09:25 AM »

Yeah - you hate to see that and I heard that it could be a really serious injury which means he may not be ready for next season. I guess we'll know today.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #1135 on: November 23, 2020, 09:59:50 AM »
Brady’s gotta be lickng his chops at the prospect of facing this Chiefs defense next week.

If the Saints hung 38 on their D with basically zero downfield passing game, I doubt any member of the Bucs is licking their chops about facing the Chiefs' offense.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1136 on: November 23, 2020, 10:06:10 AM »

Yeah - you hate to see that and I heard that it could be a really serious injury which means he may not be ready for next season. I guess we'll know today.

Bengals coaching deserves a lot of blame for having him pass 45 times a game behind that dreadful O-Line.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1137 on: November 23, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »

Yeah, maybe eventually, but right now Wentz still gives them by far the best chance to win. Philly fans are understandably disappointed but look around, every team in their division is just as bad and getting as bad or worse play from the QB position. They need to stay the course and not rush to start some project player that doesn't even know the playbook.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #1138 on: November 23, 2020, 10:31:03 AM »

Yeah, maybe eventually, but right now Wentz still gives them by far the best chance to win. Philly fans are understandably disappointed but look around, every team in their division is just as bad and getting as bad or worse play from the QB position. They need to stay the course and not rush to start some project player that doesn't even know the playbook.

At some point, Philly is going to have to play Jalen Hurts to see if they need to go get another QB in next years draft. It's becoming clear that Carson is not the answer. He could prove me wrong though but he looks awful!

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1139 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »

At some point, Philly is going to have to play Jalen Hurts to see if they need to go get another QB in next years draft. It's becoming clear that Carson is not the answer. He could prove me wrong though but he looks awful!

At some point, sure. But they are currently in first place in their division, somehow. The only way Wentz should be benched is if he gets hurt, in my opinion. Which will probably happen soon anyway, given his history and the shape of that offensive line.   

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1140 on: November 23, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
Y'all remember in 2017 when the majority of NFL pundits were anointing Wentz as the bonafide next D00D up?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: November 23, 2020, 03:02:13 PM »
Y'all remember in 2017 when the majority of NFL pundits were anointing Wentz as the bonafide next D00D up?

The last 25 years is LITTERED with the empty jocks of the "next D00D up".   Part of the reason I'm still of the "cool it" on Mahomes bandwagon.  As it is, the other two guys - who I like/liked a lot - are struggling:  Lamar Jackson is not invincible, and Deshaun Watson is mortal too. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1142 on: November 23, 2020, 06:14:00 PM »
To be fair, D. Watson is playing terrific this season, despite his idiot ex-head coach having given his stud WR away for peanuts.  O'Brien is gone, but he left Watson with a huge pile of rubble all around him.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1143 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:41 PM »
I'm still of the "cool it" on Mahomes bandwagon.

The dude's career stats extrapolated for a 16-game season are 4858 yards, 40 TD, and 8 INT with 66.4% completion percentage. He already has a ring, the second best statistical season ever for a QB, a regular season as well as Super Bowl MVP, basically had a SB appearance stolen from him by a teammate making a dumb penalty, and his team is 9-1 this year. Anyone sleeping on him with that body of work probably wouldn't give him credit if he cured cancer and solved world hunger.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1144 on: November 23, 2020, 07:31:45 PM »
I'm still of the "cool it" on Mahomes bandwagon.

The dude's career stats extrapolated for a 16-game season are 4858 yards, 40 TD, and 8 INT with 66.4% completion percentage. He already has a ring, the second best statistical season ever for a QB, a regular season as well as Super Bowl MVP, basically had a SB appearance stolen from him by a teammate making a dumb penalty, and his team is 9-1 this year. Anyone sleeping on him with that body of work probably wouldn't give him credit if he cured cancer and solved world hunger.

Well, Stadler is a Brady fan, and many Brady fans (not all, but many) are weird about giving any other QB too much props. They did it with Peyton Manning, they moved over to Aaron Rodgers once Peyton retired, and now Mahomes is the target I guess.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1145 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
I'm a Brady fan and I'm not dissing Mahomes.

He's off to a killer start. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1146 on: November 23, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »
That's why I said "many Brady fans," not all.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1147 on: November 23, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
I have no issue with Mahomes either, Strawman.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1148 on: November 23, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »
That's why I said "many Brady fans," not all.  :biggrin:

I wasn't inferring you and your bias against the Pats. (I snickered).  I agree with you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1149 on: November 23, 2020, 08:15:50 PM »
So the Steelers won their last 2 games by a combined 50 points but somehow “playing down to the competition” is still a narrative? Eff these clueless chowderhead clickbait talking heads. How often in the NFL do you win by 3+ touchdowns 2 weeks in a row? The disrespect is ridiculous.

Stadler, you’re a very intelligent man but you sound like the kind of guy who would have passed on Apple and Microsoft stock back in the day. “Cool it everybody”.  ;) Just joshing ya.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1150 on: November 23, 2020, 09:00:21 PM »
Man, seeing how the Rams have played their last few possessions, it's astonishing to think this is the same team that somehow scored 24 points in the same game.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1151 on: November 23, 2020, 09:02:12 PM »
Man, seeing how the Rams have played their last few possessions, it's astonishing to think this is the same team that somehow scored 24 points in the same game.

They got screwed badly on the play where Brady was hit in the end zone and fumbled. Refs blew it dead right away.

But dumb ass Goff just threw an awful pick and now it is tied.  Hard to take the Rams seriously as a top contender when that clown is their QB.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1152 on: November 23, 2020, 09:22:28 PM »
Game ends on a horrific pick by Tom Dilfer.  :lol :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1153 on: November 23, 2020, 09:34:46 PM »
It was nice to see the refs resisting the chance to bail his old ass out one more time.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #1154 on: November 23, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »

I mean he was great in 2017. I don't know what the point of this is other than to say that time, injuries, and having a worse team overall generally don't bear well for any athletes.