Author Topic: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis  (Read 114122 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: 2020 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady aging better than Mila Kunis
« Reply #2765 on: April 15, 2021, 07:49:46 PM »
Well Hogan was more of a deep guy. I'd say the Edelman's spot had its roots with Troy Brown.

Whoops! Meant Amendola.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2766 on: April 16, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
Hard to add much more to all of the Bradshaw chatter (and too much to quote :lol), and I enjoyed all of the posts.  I can't say I wish I had seen him play cause that would mean I am older :P, but it's interesting to read perspective on QB's who played before the game got so QB-friendly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2767 on: April 21, 2021, 03:29:05 PM »
Weird thing: I had a few minutes to kill before leaving this morning before work, so I flipped the TV on for a few minutes of sports chatter and went to FS1 which was showing First Things First.  The topic being discussed, shown in big letters at the bottom of the screen?  What does Patrick Mahomes need to do in order to surpass Tom Brady as the GOAT?

Meanwhile, around the same time, I heard this really loud boom off in the distance, which I later read on the internet was Stadler's head exploding. 

Hope he's okay...;)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2768 on: April 21, 2021, 04:30:53 PM »
Weird thing: I had a few minutes to kill before leaving this morning before work, so I flipped the TV on for a few minutes of sports chatter and went to FS1 which was showing First Things First.  The topic being discussed, shown in big letters at the bottom of the screen?  What does Patrick Mahomes need to do in order to surpass Tom Brady as the GOAT?

That must have been one hell of a riveting discussion..."Ummm...play 15 more years and win six more Super Bowls."  "Next topic..."
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2769 on: April 22, 2021, 08:25:51 AM »

Meanwhile, around the same time, I heard this really loud boom off in the distance, which I later read on the internet was Stadler's head exploding. 

Hope he's okay...;)

Hi, this is Waldorf, Stadler's wife.  It was touch and go for a while - he kept mumbling "Jim Nantz is a douche" - but now he's okay and resting comfortably.   I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2770 on: April 22, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »

That must have been one hell of a riveting discussion..."Ummm...play 15 more years and win six more Super Bowls."  "Next topic..."

No shit; that shouldn't even be a question for at least five more years, even speculatively. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2771 on: April 22, 2021, 08:34:22 AM »
Can we get on with the draft already? Draft talk blows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2772 on: April 22, 2021, 08:42:29 AM »
And so do mock drafts. They're accurate for 2 rounds, and then all bets are off. I think I know who NE wants at QB, and I think if it can be done efficiently they will trade up for him, but I wouldn't bet 20¢ that it actually happens. Way too many moving parts. Talking heads gotta keep talking.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2773 on: April 22, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »
Mock drafts and Bracketology are the bane of sports talk radio.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2774 on: April 22, 2021, 08:48:24 AM »
Mock drafts and Bracketology are the bane of sports talk radio.

Sports talk radio is the bane of radio.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2775 on: April 22, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »
And so do mock drafts. They're accurate for 2 rounds, and then all bets are off. I think I know who NE wants at QB, and I think if it can be done efficiently they will trade up for him, but I wouldn't bet 20¢ that it actually happens. Way too many moving parts. Talking heads gotta keep talking.

The NFL is my favorite sport right now (maybe NASCAR; I know, I know, don't judge) and I have ZERO interest in the draft.  The only draft I ever pay any attention to is the college hoops draft, and that's ONLY - 100% only - because I'm interested in any Uconn players getting selected.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2776 on: April 22, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »
 :D or maybe sports talk radio is the bane of sports.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2777 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:02 AM »

Hope he's okay...;)

Hi, this is Waldorf, Stadler's wife.  It was touch and go for a while - he kept mumbling "Jim Nantz is a douche" - but now he's okay and resting comfortably.   I'll keep you updated as I learn more.

:lol :lol, keep us posted!! ;)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2778 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:22 AM »
:D or maybe sports talk radio is the bane of sports.
Sports talk radio is the bane of every fucking thing under the sun. It's syphilis and gonorrhea all rolled into one. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #2779 on: April 22, 2021, 10:14:32 AM »

I might have more interested in this pre-draft and draft stuff if I followed minor league (aka college) football.  I don't know who any of these kids are.  Have the draft, tell me if the Broncos got anyone good, and then leave me alone so I can pay attention to the Stanley Cup playoffs and baseball for a few months.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2780 on: May 01, 2021, 06:44:58 AM »
That RB the Broncos took last night is supposedly awesome, so we will see how that turns out. 

The more that comes out, the more I think Rodgers will either get traded or retire (if they refuse to trade him).  I don't see him playing for the Packers again.  They are basically a clown franchise at this point, but it's been disguised for 30 years.  How do you luck into 30 years of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers and only make it to three Super Bowls?? :lol  And they can't even use the "But the Patriots dynasty..." as an excuse since they were in the other conference.  Clowns.  Not that I don't think Rodgers is a condescending dick, but I don't blame him for wanting to get away from that franchise now.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2781 on: May 02, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »
I think this one is supposed to be locked now since we have the new one, right?  If not, PM me and let me know I screwed up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."