Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 132144 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2205 on: October 03, 2023, 07:03:34 PM »
Aerosol can + Lighter + Good aim = Problem solved

Because the house will be burnt down??
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2206 on: October 03, 2023, 07:05:14 PM »
If I'm too much of a pussy to remove a spider, you can sure as hell bet I'm too much of a pussy to go McGiver flamethrower commando.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Your sloth is in another castle
« Reply #2207 on: October 03, 2023, 07:06:14 PM »
It won’t burn down if you have good aim

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2208 on: October 03, 2023, 07:08:51 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2209 on: October 03, 2023, 07:11:20 PM »
Rookie mistake.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2210 on: October 03, 2023, 07:35:48 PM »
If I'm too much of a pussy to remove a spider, you can sure as hell bet I'm too much of a pussy to go McGiver flamethrower commando.

Next time we meet up, I'll tell you a hilarious spider kill story. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2211 on: October 03, 2023, 07:42:06 PM »
I know kids are kids, especially at the teenage level, but man, the kids this year are quite a handful. I don't have as much patience now that I have 2 kids :lol

Posting here because I was pretty pissed in a general sense, they need more consequences or this is going to be a long year.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2212 on: October 03, 2023, 07:42:53 PM »

Next time we meet up, Metropolaris will be with me with his firemaker. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2213 on: October 03, 2023, 07:48:27 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2214 on: October 03, 2023, 08:11:21 PM »
I know kids are kids, especially at the teenage level, but man, the kids this year are quite a handful. I don't have as much patience now that I have 2 kids :lol

Posting here because I was pretty pissed in a general sense, they need more consequences or this is going to be a long year.

Its no joke. Sadly consequences are a lost art of parenting. I have 3 boys, ages 18, 22, and 25. I'm going to be brutally honest and I apologize if anyone gets offended. The way the world is now, kids are desensitized to pretty much everything, thank you social media and lazy patenting for enabling shit behavior. I never would dream of threatening my parents with calling CPS or the cops for getting disciplined but I know it happens. There's very little respect in the world.... I'll stop before I rant too hard.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2215 on: October 03, 2023, 08:17:05 PM »
Its no joke. Sadly consequences are a lost art of parenting. I have 3 boys, ages 18, 22, and 25. I'm going to be brutally honest and I apologize if anyone gets offended. The way the world is now, kids are desensitized to pretty much everything, thank you social media and lazy patenting for enabling shit behavior. I never would dream of threatening my parents with calling CPS or the cops for getting disciplined but I know it happens. There's very little respect in the world.... I'll stop before I rant too hard.

I think that's what I am seeing this year, much more than I usually see.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2216 on: October 04, 2023, 08:50:19 AM »
It's the consequences thing, and the belief that the rules don't apply to me.   

There's a new show; woman is kidnapped and escapes.  Later on, I think she's a cop, and she kidnaps the kidnapper.  WTF?  And the twist is, he's going to remain in captivity and help her solve OTHER kidnapping crimes.  WTF? 

It's bad enough we've let slide consequences, but to CELEBRATE it?    And then we wonder why cops beat people up, and men get handsy, and we get a President like Donald Trump and we get politicians like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert?   This is not rocket science, folks.  It's all connected.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
« Reply #2217 on: October 04, 2023, 10:33:11 AM »
i think there's a difference between respect (which is earned) and cordiality (which everyone should receive by default unless there's a reason) i think it's fair to call out an increase in cases where common decency/cordiality is missing from the get-go (tho i think the prevalence of social media makes this seem like a worse problem than it is, historically) but in my opinion respect is earned, not taken. so if the problem seems to be "nobody respects each other anymore" i think we would be wise to reframe that a bit because there are many cases where "respect" is assumed to be there when it wasn't warranted/earned (yet, perhaps)
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2218 on: October 04, 2023, 10:45:43 AM »
i think there's a difference between respect (which is earned) and cordiality (which everyone should receive by default unless there's a reason) i think it's fair to call out an increase in cases where common decency/cordiality is missing from the get-go (tho i think the prevalence of social media makes this seem like a worse problem than it is, historically) but in my opinion respect is earned, not taken. so if the problem seems to be "nobody respects each other anymore" i think we would be wise to reframe that a bit because there are many cases where "respect" is assumed to be there when it wasn't warranted/earned (yet, perhaps)

I agree with this; I'm far from "respect" though.  I think you nailed it by mentioning common decency.  The number of instances of people approaching situations as a conflict before they even know the nature of the other side is increasing seemingly hourly.

« Reply #2219 on: October 04, 2023, 10:52:56 AM »
yeah, what i'm less certain of is whether it's always been this bad but we're getting better at recording/noticing it for sure, which has an amplifying effect on how people perceive the problem
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2220 on: October 04, 2023, 01:31:09 PM »

Next time we meet up, Metropolaris will be with me with his firemaker. :lol

I got you, Tim

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2221 on: October 04, 2023, 01:31:46 PM »
New Riot album?  Cool!!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2222 on: October 04, 2023, 01:32:30 PM »

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2223 on: October 04, 2023, 07:57:20 PM »
There's a new show; woman is kidnapped and escapes.  Later on, I think she's a cop, and she kidnaps the kidnapper.  WTF?  And the twist is, he's going to remain in captivity and help her solve OTHER kidnapping crimes.  WTF? 

What's the name of that show?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2224 on: October 04, 2023, 08:00:34 PM »

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2225 on: October 04, 2023, 08:03:25 PM »
A kid get stepped on by accident today and they retaliated by picking up a chair and motioning they were going to chuck it at someone. I intervened and the kid threw it at the floor instead.

WTF

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2226 on: October 04, 2023, 08:05:00 PM »

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2227 on: October 04, 2023, 08:25:52 PM »
Found

Thanks. Sounds kind of interesting but I doubt I'd watch it.

The main character (V from Shameless) does not play a cop by the way, Stadler.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2228 on: October 05, 2023, 06:56:23 AM »

Start taking kids to suplex city...

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2229 on: October 05, 2023, 08:36:39 AM »

Through that fucking wall!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

« Reply #2230 on: October 05, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »
i'm pretty upset right now

been waiting MY ENTIRE LIFE to see Steely Dan live and FINALLY had an opportunity to see them either today or tomorrow in Denver opening for The Eagles on their Long Farewell tour

well, as it turns out SD pulled out of both shows (seems like illness, hope Donald is ok!) and was replaced with.... Sheryl Crow???? https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E005EE5D8924C8B

thankfully i didn't buy a ticket because i was waiting for the day-off prices to drop off (i live really close to ball arena in downtown denver) but boy if i dropped 100+ on eagles/steely dan and then was told it was actually eagles/sheryl crow i'd be even more upset than i already am lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2231 on: October 05, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »

Through that fucking wall!

Thanks for the laughs, guys :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2232 on: October 05, 2023, 02:56:34 PM »

been waiting MY ENTIRE LIFE to see Steely Dan live and FINALLY had an opportunity to see them either today or tomorrow in Denver opening for The Eagles on their Long Farewell tour

well, as it turns out SD pulled out of both shows (seems like illness, hope Donald is ok!) and was replaced with.... Sheryl Crow???? https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1E005EE5D8924C8B

thankfully i didn't buy a ticket because i was waiting for the day-off prices to drop off (i live really close to ball arena in downtown denver) but boy if i dropped 100+ on eagles/steely dan and then was told it was actually eagles/sheryl crow i'd be even more upset than i already am lol

All I wanna do is have some fun...

« Reply #2233 on: October 05, 2023, 03:01:10 PM »

that's what i'm saying but i wanted to have fun with one of my core favorite bands!!! lol. i wonder if Sheryl will cover any Steely Dan numbers to make up for it lmao
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2234 on: October 05, 2023, 03:01:50 PM »

Yeah, that wouldn't bring me anything but down.

« Reply #2235 on: October 05, 2023, 03:10:24 PM »
:lol totally agree lmao
Welcome to the Forums!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2236 on: October 05, 2023, 04:40:27 PM »
Yeah, it's not a "like for like"  :lol sucks

« Reply #2237 on: October 05, 2023, 05:19:05 PM »
the silver lining is maybe they will do make up dates in denver on their next tour and i can see it for under 250 dollars because it won't have the eagles on the bill :lol
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2238 on: October 05, 2023, 08:58:20 PM »

Absolutely devastating.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2239 on: October 06, 2023, 03:38:35 AM »
For what it's worth, I saw Steely Dan live at my favorite venue just before.Covid hit, and it was the most boring concert I've ever been to. They were playing so quietly, you could converse with the person next to you at a normal voice level. 

A week and a half later or so, I was gifted tickets to a Steely Dan cover band at the same venue. They were better in every category other than actually being Steely Dan.