Author Topic: What pissed you off today?  (Read 124045 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: What pissed you off today?
« Reply #2100 on: September 01, 2023, 12:46:47 PM »
My own inability to focus on virtual training meetings. I find myself at best, responding to work emails, or at worst, posting here.

The worst is when it's set up where you can't just skip through to the (generally) always simple 'test' over the content. That you have to sit through whatever slide presentation or BS video clip
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #2101 on: September 01, 2023, 12:49:19 PM »
U ordered something online, and it arrived damaged. Now I have to deal with customer service.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2102 on: September 01, 2023, 06:20:13 PM »
My own inability to focus on virtual training meetings. I find myself at best, responding to work emails, or at worst, posting here.

Ha!  This is me.  The other day I have mandatory online courses I had to do.  I just skipped through all the shit to the assessment and just winged it for a pass.  :metal

I'm the same though, when it comes to this sort of stuff I have the attention span of a flea.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2103 on: September 01, 2023, 06:28:23 PM »
I just "winged" it 8 times to pass those kinds of assessments for my trainings this year.

"Winged" in this case means I answered the common sense assessments after the videos were played on mute beforehand.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2104 on: September 01, 2023, 06:32:36 PM »
I just "winged" it 8 times to pass those kinds of assessments for my trainings this year.

"Winged" in this case means I answered the common sense assessments after the videos were played on mute beforehand.

Pretty much.  Anyone who actually sits through these and passes the assessments should be fucking fired.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2105 on: September 01, 2023, 11:20:43 PM »
U ordered something online, and it arrived damaged. Now I have to deal with customer service.
Funny thing. This week I've had to deal with Spectrum and Amazon customer service, and surprisingly they both turned out great. It was super-aggravating trying to get to a real person, but once I did (voice with Spectrum and chat with Amazon) they were sharp and on the ball. It infuriates me that they've made it so hard to get to a person, but I think the effect is that it weeds out the dullards, and the CSRs are much better as a result. I will say that the front line of Spectrum is still worthless, but once you get kicked up to tier 2 (retention) they're as nice as can be.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #2106 on: September 02, 2023, 03:59:16 AM »
I completely agree! It can be incredibly frustrating when you just want to speak with a real person to resolve an issue but you're stuck with chatbots that can't understand the problem or help. It feels like a never-ending loop sometimes. Human interaction in customer service is irreplaceable!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2107 on: September 05, 2023, 10:11:30 AM »
4 interviews set up for the last 3 work days, 4 no shows.  Grrrrrrrrr
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2108 on: September 05, 2023, 02:19:52 PM »
4 interviews set up for the last 3 work days, 4 no shows.  Grrrrrrrrr

Mate, I'm in the same boat.  I've had I think 3 no shows, 1 pull out last minute and one that was good but then declined as he found something closer.  So frustrating.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2109 on: September 05, 2023, 02:41:27 PM »
Someone here on our custodial staff is a terrorist who puts the toilet paper on wrong. It's supposed to go over the top, not underneath, as the creator intended! >:( :censored :censored :censored
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2110 on: September 05, 2023, 08:15:55 PM »
Someone here on our custodial staff is a terrorist who puts the toilet paper on wrong. It's supposed to go over the top, not underneath, as the creator intended! >:( :censored :censored :censored

PREACH!

There can be only one way.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2111 on: September 05, 2023, 08:18:28 PM »
He probably goes between his legs to wipe his ass.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2112 on: September 05, 2023, 08:37:03 PM »
He probably goes between his legs to wipe his ass.

Isn't that the only way? 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline PMSummer

« Reply #2113 on: September 06, 2023, 01:28:24 AM »
What really ticked me off today was my neighbor's never-ending lawn mower symphony at the crack of dawn. Seriously, who mows their lawn at 6 AM? But, on the bright side, I found solace in a giant cup of coffee, so I'm slowly recovering from my wake-up call from hell. Here's to hoping the rest of the day goes smoother for all of us!

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2114 on: September 06, 2023, 06:27:53 AM »
Paying sales tax on used vehicles. They already got their sales tax on the initial sale. Why do they get to tax it again?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2115 on: September 06, 2023, 08:11:03 AM »
What really ticked me off today was my neighbor's never-ending lawn mower symphony at the crack of dawn. Seriously, who mows their lawn at 6 AM? But, on the bright side, I found solace in a giant cup of coffee, so I'm slowly recovering from my wake-up call from hell. Here's to hoping the rest of the day goes smoother for all of us!
At least lawn mowers serve a valid purpose. Leaf blowers are my bane.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2116 on: September 06, 2023, 08:23:10 AM »

oof, have some respect for the neighbors.  9am start time IMO and even then that would piss me off if it was the weekend.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2117 on: September 06, 2023, 08:30:13 AM »
This is a niche problem, but due to some anti money laundering legislation coming in to force in Sweden next month, I'm probably going to have to switch banks in order to retain access to a service that is pretty vital if you live in Sweden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BankID

Basically it is an electronic identification service, and used to log into a load of services, including a lot of online government services. Up until recently, these certificates were issued to your devices by your bank. However, because a lot of untowards persons were abusing the mobile version of this software, they introduced a law requiring that you authenticate it electronically with an ID, and Sweden being Sweden decided only IDs that can be issued to citizens would be valid for this process (which I am not). You CAN authenticate in person by going to your local bank branch and showing your ID...but my bank doesn't have any. Its online only. They do not have a solution for this.

So....yeah. Bureaucracy is a fun thing.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2118 on: September 06, 2023, 08:35:50 AM »
Do you have to actually switch banks?  Maybe open a new account that has a building to do the ID stuff and then just continue using your other bank?

I basically do this now, although not for any ID purpose.  Robinhood's money account is incredible online service IMO, but I keep my Chase account for the convenience of having an actual bank to go to (it's been awhile since I needed to) and also for some other services I use from them (credit cards).

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2119 on: September 06, 2023, 08:39:41 AM »
While gun-play might be the simplest solution, if you actually want to go the diplomatic route mention to him that mowing the lawn while it's still wet from morning dew is bad for the grass. You're supposed to wait until the sun's been on it for a bit. Also, the difference in temperature between 6-9 is negligible.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2120 on: September 06, 2023, 08:42:09 AM »
Do you have to actually switch banks?  Maybe open a new account that has a building to do the ID stuff and then just continue using your other bank?

I basically do this now, although not for any ID purpose.  Robinhood's money account is incredible online service IMO, but I keep my Chase account for the convenience of having an actual bank to go to (it's been awhile since I needed to) and also for some other services I use from them (credit cards).
I've actually been mulling this over simply to grab some meaningful interest on my savings. Out of curiosity, how hard is it to move chunks of money back and forth between the online and brick and mortar banks? It's rare, but sometimes I need to temporarily move a paycheck or two out of savings and into checking. Not to mention the monthly contributions to savings.
E.F. Benson

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2121 on: September 06, 2023, 08:46:39 AM »

Might be possible, but Swedish banks can be finnicky buggers at the best of times so I'm not sure they will let me open an account if I'm not using is actively. In any case, I'm more annoyed at the government not thinking about it, especially given there IS an ID card everyone who is eligible to use BankID can apply for, but we cant use that for...reasons.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #2122 on: September 06, 2023, 08:48:22 AM »

I've actually been mulling this over simply to grab some meaningful interest on my savings. Out of curiosity, how hard is it to move chunks of money back and forth between the online and brick and mortar banks? It's rare, but sometimes I need to temporarily move a paycheck or two out of savings and into checking. Not to mention the monthly contributions to savings.
I do this on a regular basis and it happens in 24 hours or less. I transferred a significant amount of money yesterday morning from my online savings to buy a car and it was in my checking account by mid afternoon. Totally worth the slight delay to make 5% interest on my savings. Heck it was worth it when interest rates were only 1%. My brick and mortar bank's savings is like 0.01%

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2123 on: September 06, 2023, 08:53:12 AM »

It's easy.  It does take a few days to process, Robinhood will actually credit you the money instantly though if you want to invest it, but I'm not sure you can withdraw it as cash right away until the transfer is complete.  It's free if you don't mind the wait and does have a fee if you want it instantly.  I do however pay the $5 a month for Gold which gets me the %4.9 interest paid out monthly on my cash. It easily is worth the $5.  I'm not entirely sure off my head if Gold has any benefits for transfers over the free version though. I've used Robinhood for a long time now for investments, but only just this year started using it for banking specifically for that near 5% interest rate that's been earning me a nice chunk of change each month.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2124 on: September 06, 2023, 08:55:00 AM »
I've literally never heard of Robinhood.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2125 on: September 06, 2023, 09:00:03 AM »

I bank with an on-line only bank.  I rarely have problems of this kind (they are quick on the trigger on fraud detection, though, which occasionally leaves me calling them from the cash register at a store if I'm traveling).  I have a local bank for "big cash deposits" (NEVER happens) or big cash/certified check withdrawals (occasionally happens; house purchase, car purchases).   Between Zelle, their on-line wire service ($20) or good old fashioned "check e-Deposit", I've never had any situation I couldn't work around.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2126 on: September 06, 2023, 09:00:40 AM »

Didn't expect you to  :lol  Free app for investing, no fees. And it does banking too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2127 on: September 06, 2023, 09:09:15 AM »

Didn't expect you to  :lol  Free app for investing, no fees. And it does banking too.

:lol

Banking and investing through an app is really hard to wrap my head around.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2128 on: September 06, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
I actually love my brick and mortar bank. For typical day to day stuff they've earned my business and would have to really, really shit the bed to lose it. But, as long as they're taking care of my bill pay, and they will be, getting money from savings instantly will sometimes be necessary. Perhaps I'll work out a hybrid solution. Maybe keep an emergency paycheck in their savings or something.

I bank with an on-line only bank.  I rarely have problems of this kind (they are quick on the trigger on fraud detection, though, which occasionally leaves me calling them from the cash register at a store if I'm traveling).  I have a local bank for "big cash deposits" (NEVER happens) or big cash/certified check withdrawals (occasionally happens; house purchase, car purchases).   Between Zelle, their on-line wire service ($20) or good old fashioned "check e-Deposit", I've never had any situation I couldn't work around.
Zelle is another thing I don't want any part of. I'm going to sound like TAC here (but at least I do know what it is), but it just doesn't feel right to me. Besides, earning points on my credit card will always be my preferred method of payment.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2129 on: September 06, 2023, 09:29:04 AM »
I actually love my brick and mortar bank. For typical day to day stuff they've earned my business and would have to really, really shit the bed to lose it. But, as long as they're taking care of my bill pay, and they will be, getting money from savings instantly will sometimes be necessary. Perhaps I'll work out a hybrid solution. Maybe keep an emergency paycheck in their savings or something.

Zelle is another thing I don't want any part of. I'm going to sound like TAC here (but at least I do know what it is), but it just doesn't feel right to me. Besides, earning points on my credit card will always be my preferred method of payment.

I have no interest in zelle either.  20 bucks seems expensive compared to 5 for Robinhood, but I don't know anything about Zelle's paid version.  I've just used it to transfer money occassionally when that's someone's prefered method over say Venmo.

As for the bolded, that's exactly what I do.  I have 3k in there as emergency cash and I still have it as my direct deposit so I pay most of my bills using my brick and mortar bank.  But I take the extra over that 3k and throw it into the robinhood and thats where all the rest of my cash sits to earn that nice interest.  It's been about 6 months on this hybrid model, but it's working incredible and that 5$ is really negligible compared to the interest earned.  Also, I tested my robinhood money account in Germany and was able to pull Euros out without any issues.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2130 on: September 06, 2023, 09:38:37 AM »
Verizon has earned my ire today.

So back in February I got an amazing deal to replace the phones of my wife, my son and myself. Everything went through without a hitch and I got major device discounts added to my bill.

Then they start spamming me more recently about their new MyPlan thing. I didn't care as my plan was fine. Then they notify me that they will start adding a surcharge to each line on my account for being on a legacy plan and I should switch to avoid it. I look into it and realize it would actually save me money to move to a current plan so I pull the trigger.

Today I get a bunch of emails stating that my son and I will lose our device promotion discounts because we changed our plans in February. I did not change my plan in February. I got new phones then. I changed my plan a month ago because they pretty much goaded me into it. Now I have to go to war with them to maintain my discounts. If I lose, my bill will increase by almost $55 a month.

Not happy about this.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2131 on: September 06, 2023, 10:35:19 AM »

And you can do that.   I only use Zelle with my daughter, honestly.  It's a small part of the process.  I was trying to say that there are other ways of moving money than walking into a branch lobby.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2132 on: September 06, 2023, 11:24:44 AM »
I've only used Zelle to pay my Fantasy Football dues.  Pretty easy.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2133 on: September 08, 2023, 04:53:00 PM »
So last week I found out that our auto insurance is going up by $600/year.  We've been with Allstate for 30 years at least.  We haven't made a claim since my kid had an accident in 2018 that was not her fault.  We have had zero driving infractions.

Of course I called to say WTF and of course they said there is nothing they can do.  Because the cost of auto repair and health care to treat injuries is skyrocketing.  I guess on the one hand, I get it.  But on the other hand  :censored
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2134 on: September 08, 2023, 05:54:46 PM »
Fuck em, time to find someone new.  My auto insurance goes down slightly every year.  The time it goes up with my aging car (if it does) is the time I look for new insurance.