Author Topic: NFL thread 2014 v. Frankford Yellow Jackets Lay the Pipe on the Dayton Triangles  (Read 283985 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So this is how Belickick treats/employs his own mother? ;D

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
A guy just called WEEI, who claims he knows the Ball Boy. Christian Fauria (former Pat) confirmed the Ball Boy's name.

What he said he was told was that the balls were checked at half time. They were found to be underinflated.
You may remember that at the beginning of the second half, they had the kicking ball out there. Apparently that was because the Pats' balls were late coming out of the room because of the inspections and reinflations.
He also said that there was a league official tied to the ball boy's hip throughout the second half.

I'm thinking if all of this ends up being accurate in the NFL's report, then the Pats destroyed the Colts in the second half with legal balls.
If they had used the legal balls in the first half too, the score would've been like 70-7.

All this begs the question..why?

Now apparently Matt Lienhart is now tweeting that everyone doctors the balls. :facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jammindude

At www.sportsradiokjr.com they just posted a parody of "Big Balls" by AC/DC called "Tom's Flat Balls".

First blood in the media game goes to Seattle.  :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Um, Look who fondles Tom's balls. :lol

Victory, Brady. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
I doubt he'd really give a shit about that, but it does seem like Tom Brady is one of the very last people you'd want to piss off before a game. He's way too competitive.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
Tom Brady can't run be he can certainly hide in the pocket as long as it doesn't collapse.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Remember how the Pats reacted after the last "Gate"?

This will favor the Pats.  They'll manufacturer the "Us Vs. The World" mentality for the game.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Pats should be thankful that I'm not in charge of the league. For it it were to be determined that deflating the balls was intentionally done, I wouldn't be interested in slapping that franchise on the wrist with a fine again. I wouldn't be interested in take a draft pick from them again. I would do something that would actually get their attention and make everyone in the league question whether cheating is actually worth it.

I would forfeit all of  their wins in 2014, and have the Ravens and Colts play this Sunday in a real AFC Championship Game.

But, I'm not in charge, so the millionaires will do what they see fit with this.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Don't think that would ever happen.  The legalities of this would be mindbogling.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Don't think that would ever happen.  The legalities of this would be mindbogling.

I know it would never happen. Hell, the Player's Association might complain that the Colts and Ravens are already in off-season mode, and it wouldn't be "safe" to throw them into another game. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I know it would never happen. Hell, the Player's Association might complain that the Colts and Ravens are already in off-season mode, and it wouldn't be "safe" to throw them into another game.

If you really wanted to get their attention, suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl. I don't think putting the Colts or the Ravens in the game is even doable, nor would I agree with that. That's just crazy.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Yes, that too.  There are too many variables to do that.  I still think it will just be a fine because this was the good ole' boys network, you don't tell, I wont tell.

Rumors are coming out that Pags complained during the regular season game and if you saw that game, Brady was in late still trying to score because Bellichick was mad.  So, fast forward to the playoff game, Pags gets back at him during the playoffs because the balls were deflated again.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

If you really wanted to get their attention, suspend Belichick for the Super Bowl. I don't think putting the Colts or the Ravens in the game is even doable, nor would I agree with that. That's just crazy.

I honestly don't think that suspending Belechick would be sufficient to deter this kind of crap in the future.  I just don't really acknowledge New England as being the AFC Championship if they felt the need to blatantly cheat in order to win the AFC. Sad fact is that they probably blow the doors off of Indy regardless of inflation of balls... but that Ravens game.... yeah.... the seed of doubt is there. Much closer game.... and a WR threw a TD.   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's fine, I'm not going to try and change your mind about the Pats/Ravens game.

What would deter this crap in the future would be to have the league in change of the balls during the game. Why are teams allowed to use different balls in the first place. I do realize that's not the issue here.

If I were in charge of the league, I'd pull Belichick from the Super Bowl over this. I firmly believe that would kick Kraft in the ..um.. balls.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
A WR who played QB in college..

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Thanks. I had no idea he played QB at Kent State.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX

Not sure if sarcasm or not..
The sass is strong with this post.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Not sure if sarcasm or not..
The sass is strong with this post.

Definitely sarcasm.  If they used deflated balls against the Ravens.... it made their narrow victory much easier.

Team is good enough that they don't have to cheat.... so if they're doing it anyway... just shameful.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Not sure why anybody would really think that Belichick is up to date on the pressure of each ball in play. The guy's good, but I don't think he's focusing on that level of detail. If you're going to suspend somebody it should probably be Brady (and most likely 1/2 of the QB's in the league if we're being honest). Belichick is an easy target, but that doesn't mean he's to blame for every single thing that happens.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
It doesn't really matter what the Pats are or aren't accused of now.  They'll always be known as a team with a cheating history.  Same goes for the Saints and any other team who participates in "gate" activity.  What's the official name for this investigation anyway?  Deflate gate?  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
It doesn't really matter what the Pats are or aren't accused of now.  They'll always be known as a team with a cheating history.  Same goes for the Saints and any other team who participates in "gate" activity.  What's the official name for this investigation anyway?  Deflate gate?  :lol
Of course you're right, but I honestly never hear anybody complain about the Saints being cheaters. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but I never hear it. You hear Belicheat and Cheatriots constantly. The simple difference between being good for 12 years or being the Saints, I suppose.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not sure why anybody would really think that Belichick is up to date on the pressure of each ball in play. The guy's good, but I don't think he's focusing on that level of detail. If you're going to suspend somebody it should probably be Brady (and most likely 1/2 of the QB's in the league if we're being honest). Belichick is an easy target, but that doesn't mean he's to blame for every single thing that happens.

There's no way Belickick doesn't know about how Brady likes his balls. Even has a Pats fan, I cannot believe he doesn't know about everything going on on his sideline. There is no way that Brady is operating independently of Belichick.
I can see Claude Julien not knowing if Patrice Bergeron shows up with an illegal curve, but Belichick has too much control over what goes on.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
All we hear is what a great, classy guy Robert Kraft is, but this reflects on him, too.  If he, the owner, allows the football leader of his franchise to keep his job after getting busted for cheating again, then he obviously isn't the great guy that many portray him to be.  We'll see.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
All we hear is what a great, classy guy Robert Kraft is, but this reflects on him, too.  If he, the owner, allows the football leader of his franchise to keep his job after getting busted for cheating again, then he obviously isn't the great guy that many portray him to be.  We'll see.

Kev, Kraft isn't as classy as he wants everyone to believe. Not even close. In fact, I can't stand the fu#king midget. The guy is as smarmy as they get.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Or that Denver manipulated the cap in their 2 Super Bowl seasons. 

The real answer is that Belichick rubs coaches and players and he'll,  even the league office The wrong way and that's why others are going after them.  He's done it to himself

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness

There's no way Belickick doesn't know about how Brady likes his balls. Even has a Pats fan, I cannot believe he doesn't know about everything going on on his sideline. There is no way that Brady is operating independently of Belichick.
I'm sure he knows Brady prefers low pressure balls. That doesn't mean that he orchestrated, or even knowingly allowed a scheme that facilitated tampering with the balls between their initial inspection by the refs and the kickoff of the game. That is after all what we're all suggesting happened.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
So the team spokesman Stacey James confirmed to Local Radio station WEEI that the refs went to the 12 back up balls at half time that were inspected and had the right PSI.

So just for the record.

2 pounds less PSI -- Pats 17, Indy 7 -- 1ST Half
with the correct PSI  -- Pats 28, Indy 0 -- Second half.

Maybe Indy shouldn't of complained.

https://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/01/21/source-patriots-used-backup-balls-in-second-half-of-sundays-game/

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So the team spokesman Stacey James confirmed to Local Radio station WEEI that the refs went to the 12 back up balls at half time that were inspected and had the right PSI.

So just for the record.

https://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/01/21/source-patriots-used-backup-balls-in-second-half-of-sundays-game/

I mentioned the caller to WEEI earlier. He also claimed that the 2nd half balls were legal.

I'm thinking if all of this ends up being accurate in the NFL's report, then the Pats destroyed the Colts in the second half with legal balls.
If they had used the legal balls in the first half too, the score would've been like 70-7.
;D

That doesn't mean that he ..... knowingly allowed a scheme that facilitated tampering with the balls between their initial inspection by the refs and the kickoff of the game. 
Bart, I'm sorry, but there's no way it happens without Belichick knowing. I guess we can agree to disagree. I believe he absolutely allowed such a scheme.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
You've heard it here first.  This is TAC, signing off on DTF Radio.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You've heard it here first.  This is TAC, signing off on DTF Radio.
:metal

I had today off so I was listening to sportsradio all day. Both stations. Jim Rome has a CBS Sports Minute about this that had me busting a gut.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I had 98.5 on today but I floated in an out since i was doing the employee's reviews.  I hope I didn't mess up while I was listening. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I had 98.5 on today but I floated in an out since i was doing the employee's reviews.  I hope I didn't mess up while I was listening. :lol
I hope you didn't write someone up for deflating the tires on the forklift in the warehouse!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Jim Rome has a CBS Sports Minute about this that had me busting a gut.

I can't imagine Romey getting any point across in only a minute. That is hi                                  larious.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

So just for the record.

I think this is missing the point.  The Patriots drubbing of the Colts is not the story; the story is the Patriots, once again, apparently crossing that line again that separates gamesmanship and cheating.  And if they did this, do you really think  Sunday was the first time?  And it makes you wonder what else they do?  Now, I am naive to where I think that other teams don't try to get away with what they can as well, but the Patriots seem to take it to a whole other level, which is sad for them because the combination of this and Spygate will taint their legacy/dynasty in the eyes of a lot of people.  I am sure the Pats and their fans couldn't care less, or at least that's what they'd all say, but years from now, when the greatness of the Patriots dynasty, Belichick's place among the all-time great coaches and Brady's GOAT status are all discussed, this will be a part of each of those conversations.  There will now always be that "Yeah, but..."