Author Topic: The pathetic facebook status thread.  (Read 305710 times)

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
Re: The pathetic facebook status thread.
« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2010, 10:22:44 AM »
The part that offended me most in Chino's post was "would of".

Every time someone writes "would of" instead of "would have", a little kitty, puppy or red panda cub dies.

Same thing with "prolly."

I prolly could of gone done with out reading this post.

ur just less tolerant of bad english then most ppl

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2010, 10:29:06 AM »
Reported. Both of you.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Phantasmatron

• DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
Reported. Both of you.

If you're reporting me, I'll just have to take you down with me.  Your last post contains two sentence fragments.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
Touché, good sir. Touché. There goes my role as a martyr.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Phantasmatron

• DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #809 on: February 09, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
:lol

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #810 on: February 09, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »
Keep us posted Chino. :tup
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #811 on: February 09, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #812 on: February 09, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »
That really pisses me off, that these girls actually go LOOKING for these same assholes and repeatedly date them without learning from it, and then blame it on all guys everywhere.

I'm posting that as a comment.

Thanks.

Now we play the waiting game.
 :corn :corn

Original Status poster's response.

" well chino then you should blame the shitty guys that find us girls. because they ruin the chances for any other guy. its all the same. guys start off being absolutely amazinggg. saying all the right things getting us to trust you and respect you and pretty much make it so we are head over heels for you. and then BAM. guys end up just breaking girls hearts. so then we dont look for another guy because they all start off "good" and we dont want to feel that pain again that we received from the last guy."

How do I reply?

I was thinking something along the lines of "well you need to learn how to read bullshit and which guys are actually after more than just your vagina."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #813 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
Something like that.  Guys who only want pussy can be clever, but there's still no way a reasonably intelligent and observant female will be fooled by 99% of them.  They're just not paying attention, or too blinded by their own lust to see it.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #814 on: February 09, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »
Something like that.  Guys who only want pussy can be clever, but there's still no way a reasonably intelligent and observant female will be fooled by 99% of them.  They're just not paying attention, or too blinded by their own lust to see it.

My exact response.

"Guys who only want pussy can be clever, but there's still no way a reasonably intelligent and observant female such as yourself should be fooled by 99% of them. You women just don't pay enough attention, or are too blinded by your own lust to see it."

good call.

See what I did there? Because I called her intelligent and observant, she won't get mad at me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:32:15 PM by Chino »

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #815 on: February 09, 2010, 12:30:26 PM »
:corn

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #817 on: February 09, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
That is awesome, Chino.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #818 on: February 09, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
Something like that.  Guys who only want pussy can be clever, but there's still no way a reasonably intelligent and observant female will be fooled by 99% of them.  They're just not paying attention, or too blinded by their own lust to see it.

My exact response.

"Guys who only want pussy can be clever, but there's still no way a reasonably intelligent and observant female such as yourself should be fooled by 99% of them. You women just don't pay enough attention, or are too blinded by your own lust to see it."

good call.

See what I did there? Because I called her intelligent and observant, she won't get mad at me.

She posted this comment while I was at work. I went to comment again and she deleted the status.... lame.

""yea but the thing is, thats not usually what i deal with when it comes to guys. they usually hurt me for a different reason...nothing to do with sex.":

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #819 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #820 on: February 09, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #821 on: February 10, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
This isn't a status, but I have a friend who becomes a fan of absolutely everything. It's annoying as hell. I can understand becoming a fan of musicians, movies, sports teams, and the like, but becoming a fan of things like "Texting someone to say that you are outside their house instead of knocking" is just fucking stupid

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #822 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
I don't join anything unless it's SERIOUSLY funny, such as the pickle.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #823 on: February 10, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »
This isn't a status, but I have a friend who becomes a fan of absolutely everything. It's annoying as hell. I can understand becoming a fan of musicians, movies, sports teams, and the like, but becoming a fan of things like "Texting someone to say that you are outside their house instead of knocking" is just fucking stupid

I have one like this, but when I'm bored it's a good time waster to see what useless shit she's been becoming a fan of that day. Some examples:
"I was winning Mario Kart then found out I wasnt looking at the right screen."
"Making Fun of The Pictures of The Kids in Textbooks."
"Ndubz are bell-ends"

It's funnier in the context of being a fan of something like that. You like that NDubz are bell-ends...?
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #824 on: February 10, 2010, 12:22:16 PM »
"as soon as i finish shoveling my FUCKING DRIVEWAY... my ma's gonna put the cornrows in my hair... thats gonna be like am tommorrow morning god"
 :rollin :rollin

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #825 on: February 10, 2010, 01:09:54 PM »
ITS OK FOR GUYS TO HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE NOT SUPPORTIVE OF THEIR RELATINSHIPS...SO ITS MY TURN. IM LOOKING FOR A GIRL-FRIEND. SHE HAS TO BE A WHORE. SHE HAS TO HATE ON MY BOYFRIND AND TELL ME TO GO OUT DRINKING TO BARS WITH HER AND GET DRUNK...SHE HAS TO MAKE FUN OF ME EVERYTIME I TELL HER I LOVE MY BOYFREND. SHE HAS TO PUT ME DOWN EVRYTIME I MENTION HIS NAME....ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO FILL THIS POSITION?

I just blocked updates from this chick.  I've had all i can take.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #826 on: February 10, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »

I know, it's annoying.

Let's see which one of our fb friends has the most groups that they've become a friend of. I already know who my friend is, and the tally is............

833 groups! :omg:

Offline ehra

« Reply #827 on: February 11, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »
became fans of If I could punch you without getting in trouble, beleive me, i would.

:lol

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #828 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
the friend I was referring to has 625 fan pages. That's far too much. I have 30, and they're all musicians/actors

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #829 on: February 11, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
One of my closest friends just posted this on facebook: "Now if only i had a girlfriend for Valentines day...then id have to be like "Holy shit this is awesome!" "

:|

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: February 12, 2010, 06:25:48 AM »
I'm seeing a lot of statuses about how awful the 'new' facebook is

Though admittedly, the 'old' one worked just fine

Offline veronica

• Bosk-approved weird aunt
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Something must be done about this girl at once!
« Reply #831 on: February 12, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
And on that note: https://mrgan.tumblr.com/post/384061532/i-liked-the-old-facebook-login-better and https://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php

"What’s apparently happening here is, Facebook users are googling for “facebook login” (because how else are you going to log into Facebook?), clicking the first result (which is sometimes a story about Facebook, on an unrelated site), assuming that the site itself is Facebook, scrolling to the bottom to get to the comment form - still thinking they’re on Facebook - and using the comment form to complain about how this, a wholly different website, is a terrible redesign of Facebook."

Honorary Junior Old Fogey
I have a dual-citizenageinternetgroupship.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #832 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:48 AM »
People will complain anyway whenever there's change, but this isn't just a new interface; they've actually removed some functionality, some things that I used to use, and that blows.

I don't have thousands of friends like some people, but with over 100, I've got them divided up into lists.  Folks from back home, people I know from where I live now, etc.  You used to be able to pick which lists showed up on the left side by moving them "above the line".  I could click each group in succession and do a quick checkup on the latest from each group.  Now there's no line, and you have to click three times to get to all the lists (once to open the submenu, once to get "more" since it stupidly only shows the first two, then finally the list you want).  Why?

Also, managing the lists themselves is a nightmare now.  Just last night, I finally found the page where you can view a list of all friends (not just the ones with recent updates, or by group) under My Account at the top right, buried two levels down.  Why?

They pump it as the new, "simpler" interface, but simpler does not equal better.  I liked being able to customize things.  I liked being able to choose which Applications showed up, not always view all of them.  The bookmarks at the bottom are gone; I used those.

I think of the Yahoo home page, and how you can choose exactly which modules you want to see, and where they show up.  Facebook could have done something like that, but with tighter restrictions to keep the uniform "look" they're obviously going for.  We don't want it to turn into the monstrosity which is MySpace, but you don't just outright remove functionality that people use, and bury other stuff two levels down, and call it "better".

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #833 on: February 12, 2010, 07:51:08 AM »
And on that note: https://mrgan.tumblr.com/post/384061532/i-liked-the-old-facebook-login-better and https://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php

"What’s apparently happening here is, Facebook users are googling for “facebook login” (because how else are you going to log into Facebook?), clicking the first result (which is sometimes a story about Facebook, on an unrelated site), assuming that the site itself is Facebook, scrolling to the bottom to get to the comment form - still thinking they’re on Facebook - and using the comment form to complain about how this, a wholly different website, is a terrible redesign of Facebook."

First article: Funny, sad, and completely believeable.  Yes, people are that stupid.

Second article:  What, people still use AOL?

Offline veronica

• Bosk-approved weird aunt
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Something must be done about this girl at once!
« Reply #834 on: February 12, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »
I didn't even read that second article, just the "hey google visitors, this ain't facebook" notice :P

Honorary Junior Old Fogey
I have a dual-citizenageinternetgroupship.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #835 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
"I hate my boyfriends parents dog. Its a stupid piece of shit beagle! It comes into our bedroom and pisses all over the place. And then gets me and my boyfriend into a fight."

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #836 on: February 12, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
"I hate my boyfriends parents dog. Its a stupid piece of shit beagle! It comes into our bedroom and pisses all over the place. And then gets me and my boyfriend into a fight."

DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #837 on: February 12, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
I'm seeing a lot of statuses about how awful the 'new' facebook is

Though admittedly, the 'old' one worked just fine
I've complained about facebook updating the site before, because usually they make it worse. But the most recent change was actually an improvement for once.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #838 on: February 12, 2010, 12:31:30 PM »
I wouldn't mind the layout change, if things actually worked like they're supposed to.  My news feed is constantly messed up and not up to date.  Everything takes longer to load.  The chat system straight up sucks; I have to keep switching back to my FB window because it doesn't notify me when I get a new message (neither sound or flashing window pane).
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #839 on: February 12, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »
I've complained about facebook updating the site before, because usually they make it worse. But the most recent change was actually an improvement for once.

How so?  They removed some useful functionality, and just moved other stuff around.  I'm curious as to what you feel they improved.