Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214439 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Wrestling - Summer of Punk II
« Reply #455 on: February 01, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
What irks about the Cena/Rock match is that WWE keeps billing it "the biggest match in the history of WM" and that is pure bullshit! Any of the three Rock/Austin matches, the HBK/Hitman Iron Man Match, HBK/'Taker 1 or Rock/Hogan were much bigger matches!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #456 on: February 01, 2012, 07:41:47 PM »
What irks about the Cena/Rock match is that WWE keeps billing it "the biggest match in the history of WM" and that is pure bullshit! Any of the three Rock/Austin matches, the HBK/Hitman Iron Man Match, HBK/'Taker 1 or Rock/Hogan were much bigger matches!

Yeah but we aren't supposed to remember those matches. Just like we aren't supposed to remember when Undertaker cut his hair and rode around the ring on a motorcycle.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #457 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
And came out to Limp Bizkit, don't forget about Limp Bizkit!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #458 on: February 01, 2012, 07:48:14 PM »

Agreed... even Lesnar/Angle was a bigger WM match (that was a brilliant match).  Look the reality is they ALWAYS say it ... UFC too ("This is the GREATEST <insert weight class here> championship bout in UFC history").

Puh-leeeez.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #459 on: February 01, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
But with the UFC it's a little believable, since the sport is still rather young and better, more well-rounded fighters keep emerging.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2012, 02:28:30 AM »
So is Taker gonna lose this time around? It's a possibility, definitely more likely than it was last year.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2012, 03:34:15 AM »
I'm going to put my money on him having 20-0 and then retiring in a spectacular way, followed by very near instant Hall of Fame induction. The man's more than earned his retirement.
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »
Having him lose at WM would be awful and kinda ruin the whole point of his run so far. My bet is on him retiring after that too.

Offline John94

« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2012, 06:33:54 AM »
I really don't want to see Taker v HHH again. I mean Triple H was my favourite when I was a kid but I am also a huge Taker fan, but I can honestly see Triple H wanting to put himself over the Undertaker at Mania.

I don't think it will happen, but I bet it will be discussed, especially if HBK is involved. Eitherway, I think this is Takers last WM, and what a career.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »
'Taker cannot lose at WM! It would destroy his character completely! For a good 6-7 years, his character has been all about "the streak". If anyone deserved to break, it was HBK!

If there's one guy who would try to put himself over like that though, it'd be Triple H, but I hope Vince doesn't let this happened.

And while H and 'Taker put on a good match last year, I would've loved if it was Chris Jericho or some of the young guys (Barrett in particular) trying to end the streak.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
Calling it now: Scott Hall shows up dressed as security and zaps Taker with a taser ending his streak.

:neverusethis:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »
Calling it now: Scott Hall shows up dressed as security and zaps Taker with a taser ending his streak.

:neverusethis:

If that happened, then I would start watching RAW again. I'm a huge Scott hall/Razor mark, even though sadly, he has really deteriorated over the years.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
I don't like the idea of Taker's final match being against a newbie. Even if he wins. That wouldn't feel right at all.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2012, 03:46:32 PM »
I don't like the idea of Taker's final match being against a newbie. Even if he wins. That wouldn't feel right at all.

Agreed. His final match does need to be against an Epic opponent. unfortunately, HHH is best to fit that bill. Jericho could've too. Having his swan song be against someone like Barrett or Ziegler would feel like a final ppphhh for his career, rather tha a spectacular bang.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #469 on: February 06, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Yeah, HHH is pretty much the only real option here, along with maybe Jericho, but I want my Punk-Jericho feud (that is, assuming WWE is not dumb enough to decide to end the streak).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #470 on: February 06, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
Might WWE decide to end the streak? Lots of the really popular guys (Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair) lost their final match. I think it's a good possibility that Taker will lose at Wrestlemania.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #471 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
Might WWE decide to end the streak? Lots of the really popular guys (Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair) lost their final match. I think it's a good possibility that Taker will lose at Wrestlemania.

The Streak is different though, that's Taker's legacy. Besides, none of the established guys need the career boost from breaking it, and it's too risky to waste it on a young guy in he event he doesn't pan out or decides to leave the company. I thought the way his last match ended (he wins, but can't leave under his own power) would have been a good way to retire.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #472 on: February 06, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
Looks like it's official, theres been a pic circulating with Taker watching a videoclip of the WM27 match.

WELP.

But good new guys, Chris Hero was at FCW looks like he got a contract with the 'E :caffeine:
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »
Anyone catch R-Truth's bump last night??  somersault over the top rope and Miz seemed to move out of the way, came down on the back of his head  WWE is reporting whiplash and a concussion

Isn't it the wrestler on the outsides job to catch the guy coming over the top rope?

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »
I only saw the end of RAW, but I did see that, and it looked bad.  I could tell it was a legit injury the second it happened.  Terrible job of catching by Miz, whose job is to protect Truth when he is doing a move like that.  When Miz gets buried here shortly and isn't even on the Wrestlemania card, we'll know why.

Offline John94

« Reply #475 on: February 07, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
Miz will be Brodus Clays first "big" victim, I'm calling it. Imagine if it was Orton he failed to catch, it would be bye bye Miz!

Loved that Undertaker promo video they played after Triple H.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »
I thought it was more of a tailbone thing, but yeah ... caught it right away that Miz dropped the ball (or the Truth).

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #477 on: February 07, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
Any videos of this yet?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Kgk33NSnQ&feature=player_embedded

The slo-mo replay shows how much Miz screwed it up.  He was lined up to catch him and moved out of the way at the last second, letting Truth crash to the floor without giving him any help.  Supposedly, he got chewed out backstage for it.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #479 on: February 07, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
Fucking ouch.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #480 on: February 07, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
What a moron.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #481 on: February 19, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
Guys!
Two former ROH champs are going to WM28 as WHC and WWE champ.

:metal :metal :metal
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 28
« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
Guys!
Two former ROH champs are going to WM28 as WHC and WWE champ.

:metal :metal :metal

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan... bumped to a dark match last year, co-headlining Wrestlemania this year :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #483 on: February 19, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »
By co-headlining, I assume you mean be in the 4th most important match at best, right? ;)

Because no way does Sheamus/Bryan get billing over Cena/Rock, the Undertaker's latest streak match and the WWE title match.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #484 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
I haven't really followed WWE or heard anything about Sheamus since his feud with Cena...people like that guy?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #485 on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:19 PM »
By co-headlining, I assume you mean be in the 4th most important match at best, right? ;)

Because no way does Sheamus/Bryan get billing over Cena/Rock, the Undertaker's latest streak match and the WWE title match.

You're probably right, but I consider a match for one of the main two titles in the company co-headlining, regardless of what special non-title matches they have booked.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
I haven't really followed WWE or heard anything about Sheamus since his feud with Cena...people like that guy?

He's buddies with HHH, so expect him to get pushed like mad for a long time. 

I consider a match for one of the main two titles in the company co-headlining, regardless of what special non-title matches they have booked.

Well, sure, but the world title match was the WM opener last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the opener again this year.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »
That PPV was very sloppy overall.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
Loved Kofi's tornado DDT from off the cage, and it was crazy how hot the crowd was for Santino.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »
It was nice to see Jericho use the Liontamer, hadn't seen it since he left WCW.