Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189668 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #665 on: May 02, 2013, 12:36:10 AM »
There were no surprises seeing Reynold go in the first tribal council.
But I am so glad to see Andrea go. Her smugness had me skipping through the episode, and it was completely unfair for her to basically be given two immunity idols in one hit, and that bothered the crap out of me. Thank god that didn't end up predictably boring.
Why did they replace a reward challenge anyway?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #666 on: May 02, 2013, 06:19:04 AM »
Eye candy or not, I'm glad Andrea and her smirk are out.  I don't know why it irritated me so much, but NEVER EVER GET COMFORTABLE!  When her name came up the second time and she was like "WHAT??", it was absolutely delicious.  As Kev said, it WAS nice to see her leave with some grace.  I cannot say I would leave there with any sort of grace at all.

Also, WTF with Erik finding the idol and immediately giving it to Andrea??
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:38:57 AM by Sir GuitarCozmo »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: May 02, 2013, 06:56:21 AM »
Also, WTF with Erik finding the idol and immediately giving it to Andrea??

He's a pushover. Also, in that situation where she was open with them and let them in on the search, and then he finds it right in front of her, it wouldn't have worked out well for him to say "well I'm going to keep this".
Then the rest of the episode would have been the phrases "he's a threat" and "flush out the idol" cut together a lot, then he either has to play it and waste it, or not play it and probably go home. Idols really work best when nobody knows you have one.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #668 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:43 AM »
I agree, but in countless other situations where a group of people are looking, if I remember right, the person who finds it usually hangs onto it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #669 on: May 02, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
I agree, but in countless other situations where a group of people are looking, if I remember right, the person who finds it usually hangs onto it.
Yeah, this. Andrea may have gotten the clue but historically whoever found it, kept it. Regardless....I think we're overlooking the fact that she's an idiot for not playing it last night. Do these people not watch the show? I mean, Cochran near word for word told her that he was lying to her about their plan...and that didn't set her 'paranoia' off? She deserved to be voted off for being dumb.
 I'd love to see Cochran pull his out but the previews make it look as if he now may be a target.

I've yet to go online and check out the Ponderosa episodes....I may do that soon. They're usually pretty entertaining as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #670 on: May 02, 2013, 07:28:08 AM »

If they all just happened to be looking for it together, then sure, but Andrea told them the clue and they kind of agreed to look for it together. I think it comes down to the situation, and the fact he's a complete knob. I do think in that situation, it wouldn't have looked good for him to keep it, even though it should have been his.

Yeah, this. Andrea may have gotten the clue but historically whoever found it, kept it. Regardless....I think we're overlooking the fact that she's an idiot for not playing it last night. Do these people not watch the show? I mean, Cochran near word for word told her that he was lying to her about their plan...and that didn't set her 'paranoia' off? She deserved to be voted off for being dumb.
 I'd love to see Cochran pull his out but the previews make it look as if he now may be a target.

I really thought she was going to play it safe and use it specifically because of those things said, so I can't believe she felt that safe. She deserved to go for her arrogance and ignorance.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #671 on: May 02, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »
I had to chuckle when Cochrane referenced Erik giving Andrea the idol and said something along the lines of "Did he learn nothing from last time?"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »
Oh man, about the first time they've changed things up with the family visits, and that was a mean one! I was expecting Jeff to say Brenda had to choose a second person, so that was harsh to give her the swap option AFTER already choosing Dawn to go along with her.

Interesting result in tribal council. Definitely makes things less predictable for the end. It's very interesting that they showed almost nothing of next week's episode. It was a few audio clips over images. Maybe things are about to get really interesting...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2013, 11:45:27 PM »
I will be shocked if Cochran doesn't win.  I don't see Eddie winning two immunities to sneak into the finals, and he's the only one who'd have a prayer of beating him.

Dawn is horrible.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #674 on: May 09, 2013, 12:00:13 AM »
I will be shocked if Cochran doesn't win.  I don't see Eddie winning two immunities to sneak into the finals, and he's the only one who'd have a prayer of beating him.

Dawn is horrible.

If they're smart, they'd vote out Cochrane for that very reason, although I'm not convinced any of them are smart enough to band together. If Cochrane makes it to the final 3 though, he's got it. There's little competition for votes. We're basically down to the "yes" men (and women).

Dawn - Completely unstable, all over the place. Hasn't been too loyal this time around.
Eddie - He's always been the outsider, and while he's played an ok game to get this far, he hasn't really bonded with the group, and few will want to vote for him. He might get Malcolm and Reynold's vote, but that would be it.
Erik - Mostly flown under the radar, completely unremarkable.
Sherri - Worthless, crap in challenges, they only keep her around for an easy vote when they need it.

Cochrane gets along pretty well with most people, and even though he's not the strongest competitor, I think people will respect the effort he's put in, and the improvement he's made. He's played the social game well, keeping people onside, while still strategizing for his own best interests instead of just being a sheep.

They might just go with the safe vote next week, and vote out Eddie. I wouldn't want to predict a final 3 though.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #675 on: May 09, 2013, 06:37:29 AM »
Cold.  As.  Ice.

Dawn seemed to spearhead the charge to oust Brenda, which is pretty sensible, because she'd do well in the finals.  But I imagine there was a little bit of her that was mad that Brenda decided to take her husband away, in favor of better standing amongst jury members, which I don't know if that ever really carries weight anyway.  Doesn't matter since she got sent out.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone that upset to be voted out.  I totally want Cochrane to win this.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #676 on: May 09, 2013, 10:25:34 AM »
ALSO, COMPLETE DICKFACE MOVE BY THE PRODUCERS to give Brenda that choice at the reward challenge.  The winner of the reward challenge should never walk away with NOTHING.  Even in an instance where you trade a plate of pizza for more beans and rice for the whole tribe, you still benefit from it.  Taking it ALL away from her and Dawn so the others could have, then rub it in their faces by having them in sight, sound, and smell of the goings-on just offshore was flat-out fucking cruel.  I absolutely HATE the family visit episode every season.  Honestly, you do NOT want to win the family visit challenge, ever.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #677 on: May 09, 2013, 10:31:23 AM »
ALSO, COMPLETE DICKFACE MOVE BY THE PRODUCERS to give Brenda that choice at the reward challenge.  The winner of the reward challenge should never walk away with NOTHING.  Even in an instance where you trade a plate of pizza for more beans and rice for the whole tribe, you still benefit from it.  Taking it ALL away from her and Dawn so the others could have, then rub it in their faces by having them in sight, sound, and smell of the goings-on just offshore was flat-out fucking cruel.  I absolutely HATE the family visit episode every season.  Honestly, you do NOT want to win the family visit challenge, ever.

Yeah, that was really harsh, not only taking it away from Brenda, but doing it after making her choose someone else, because she chose the person who she felt really needed it most, then BAM, they pull that. In that situation she almost felt obligated to give it away, which isn't right when you've won it fair and square.
I'm not a fan of the family visit episode either, because of the cheap emotional appeal, so this one was just extra annoying to me.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #678 on: May 09, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
It was a complete lose-lose situation for Brenda.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #679 on: May 10, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »
There's no reason other than an immunity win that the final three shouldn't be Eddie, Erik and Sherri. Those three should know they're the bottom of the totem pole and that either Cochran or Dawn would gather many votes to win.

Agree with everything hat was said about that ignorant move by the producers.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #680 on: May 10, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Dawn would gather many votes to win?  I don't see that at all.  Eddie would get more votes than her right now (Michael, Malcolm, Reynold and Andrea).  Plus, if you watch the Ponderosa videos, most of the jury doesn't like her at all, so I'd say her and Sherri are the ones who have no chance of winning. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #681 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:13 AM »
I think their main/only problem with Eddie is that he's the "outsider", rather than anything personal against him. He hasn't pissed anyone off enough to rule out their votes, that I can think of. Dawn's behaviour this season has affected everyone, and I'm not sure she has a good argument for the final vote anyway.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #682 on: May 10, 2013, 08:46:02 AM »
Her best argument, seemingly, would be to go in and say "Criminal mastermind here.  It was my plan all along to oust every single one of you and then cry and act all unstable."  Trying to put it all off on someone else to keep her hands clean may not work.  I truly feel like Dawn's best angle is to own it, because she DID have a hand in it all.

Also, Brandon will NOT be at the finale on Sunday, though Russell and his gigantic tough guy mouth will be.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_May_10_brandon-banned-finale

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: May 10, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
With comments like that, CBS would be wise not to let Russell nowhere near the building. He needs to let go. He was given enough chances with Survivor, but he still just wants to keep himself included in any way possible.

As crazy as Brandon was, I'm not sure I entirely agree with excluding him from the reunion though, as I don't think it will be as bad after some time to cool down, plus not being under the same pressure and circumstances of being in the game. Not that it really bothers me either way.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #684 on: May 10, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »
That's what I was thinking.  Brandon would probably be okay.  CBS needs to cut off ANYBODY with a last name of Hantz from ever being on-air again.  Willie Hantz getting kicked off Big Brother was quite satisfying.  He was as much a dick as his brother Russell.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #685 on: May 10, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »
That's what I was thinking.  Brandon would probably be okay.  CBS needs to cut off ANYBODY with a last name of Hantz from ever being on-air again.  Willie Hantz getting kicked off Big Brother was quite satisfying.  He was as much a dick as his brother Russell.

We don't get your Big Brother here, but I can imagine. It seems to run in the family. I think Survivor is ready to wash their hands of the Hantz family for good after this drama. They already got 5 season out of them between Russell and Brandon. That's plenty enough.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #686 on: May 10, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
This is CBS's own fault, for bringing Brandon back in the first place.  I still like this show (obviously), but the way they have glorified the way this family acts, simply for ratings, is pretty shameful. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #687 on: May 10, 2013, 09:01:54 AM »

We don't get your Big Brother here, but I can imagine. It seems to run in the family. I think Survivor is ready to wash their hands of the Hantz family for good after this drama. They already got 5 season out of them between Russell and Brandon. That's plenty enough.

Willie was pissed that his team (this season had them bringing back ex contestants as coaches) was being targeted and was basically going to sacrifice himself for their good, which really didn't do much but get him out and it was business as usual afterwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfRNrdx4YKI

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #688 on: May 11, 2013, 05:03:39 AM »
Dawn would gather many votes to win?  I don't see that at all.  Eddie would get more votes than her right now (Michael, Malcolm, Reynold and Andrea).  Plus, if you watch the Ponderosa videos, most of the jury doesn't like her at all, so I'd say her and Sherri are the ones who have no chance of winning.
Right now, I think Eddie is winning.  Those four you mentioned plus Brenda (she is pissed at her teammates for blindsiding her - who else would she vote for?).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #689 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
Dawn has had to delete her Twitter account after considerable abuse from fans:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2013_May_10_dawn-quits-twitter

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2013, 10:57:51 AM »
I haven't seen the actual comments that people are posting, but that's terrible. I'm not a fan of Dawn in the game, but it's a game. People need to separate that from real life, and leave people alone. And Dawn is an emotional person to begin with, so I can't imagine her handling the negativity well.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #691 on: May 12, 2013, 10:08:52 PM »
So happy to see Cochran win it. I thought his odds were pretty slim a couple weeks ago, never would have expected him to win those last two challenges.

And after the reunion show... Blood Vs Water, any ideas?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #693 on: May 12, 2013, 10:25:35 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. It will be interesting to see which returning players will be brought back, and how alliances shape up post-merge. So long as the Hantz family is not involved!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #694 on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »
COCHRAN!!! I am so happy he won it!
He could not have played that final stretch of the game any more flawlessly. He won the reward, he won the immunity, he made the best strategic choice for who to take to the final 3, and he nailed every single question in tribal council with perfect, genuine answers.

As soon as he made it to final 3, there was no doubt he would win it, and he deserved it. Sherri was not even in the running to the point where she was being laughed at when she tried to suggest she wasn't a tag-along. Beautiful. Her argument with Erik was gold. And Reynold's spot with Dawn was hilarious.

Dawn and Sherri said what they thought the jury wanted to hear, but nobody bought a word of it because it was BS. Cochran spoke the truth, and managed to remain genuine, humble, and likable.

I haven't watched the reunion yet.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #695 on: May 13, 2013, 12:45:20 AM »
Definitely was happy to see Cochran win; he deserved it.  :tup :tup

I didn't like Sherri at all, but I almost felt bad for her at the final TC.  Not only was she being dismissed, most of the jury members didn't even bother addressing her.  That is brutal.

Interesting that they brought just the jury and the final three to the reunion on stage (although Corinne was in the audience, and maybe many of the others were, too).  Probably to avoid having to explain why Brandon wasn't there, but it sucks that the other players who got ousted early didn't at least get to be on stage because of that douche.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #696 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50:08 AM »
Speaking of Sherri being dismissed, don't they usually get closing remarks too, or am I remembering wrong? Since Sherri was rarely even addressed, she got very little chance to defend herself (not that it would have changed anything).

That sucks with the reunion. I haven't watched it yet, but I liked seeing all of the people I'd forgotten from earlier in the game, and seeing how everyone looks dressed up. No doubt Brandon was the reason, which sucks for the "fans" team, since most of them were voted off before the merge.

So, next season, Blood vs Water. Blood is thicker than water etc...... if I had to guess, I'd say it means families, two from each family, like two brothers, a father and daughter etc. Maybe even bringing back players with a loved one. Having a supposed surefire alliance with a family member then maybe having to vote them off. Drama! I don't know where the water comes into it.

edit: I didn't read the link, which makes more sense. Sounds awesome to me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:27:38 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #697 on: May 13, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »
They didn't address the Andrea infatuation with Eddie directly either.  I heard a rumor that they supposedly hooked up immediately after the show was over, but she says she has a new boyfriend now, and her and Eddie are still friends, so she probably asked them to not ask her about it at the reunion show.  That is a very safe guess.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #698 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Very pleased to see Cochrane win.  He pretty much aced every single question he got from the jury.  Good stuff.  Not ONE vote against him at any tribal council and he apparently received all the jury votes, from what I understand. J.T. was the only other person who had done this.  Sherri's opening statement was such crap.  "I own businesses, so I treated you like employees, and tried to get to undertand you, and here I am, I'm awesome!"  WTF?  She hadn't the ability to even see that she was an a placeholder used to make Cochrane look better to the jury.  Now judging by her reaction at the reunion just before the vote, she realized this after watching the season back.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: May 13, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »
Very pleased to see Cochrane win.  He pretty much aced every single question he got from the jury.  Good stuff.  Not ONE vote against him at any tribal council and he apparently received all the jury votes, from what I understand. J.T. was the only other person who had done this.  Sherri's opening statement was such crap.  "I own businesses, so I treated you like employees, and tried to get to undertand you, and here I am, I'm awesome!"  WTF?  She hadn't the ability to even see that she was an a placeholder used to make Cochrane look better to the jury.  Now judging by her reaction at the reunion just before the vote, she realized this after watching the season back.  :lol

I don't know how she thought that opening statement would help. Basically all it did was let the jury know she didn't need the money. Great job! It didn't help to show that she was any good at the game.
As soon as it cut to the studio, you could see everyone knew who was going to win, and who was not.