Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 188052 times)

Offline senecadawg2

Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #770 on: October 05, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
Only just not got around to watching last week's episode. As has been said, I'm really glad Colton left. I still don't understand why they wouldn't have just voted him off as soon as they hit the beach. Did they honestly think he had changed?

It's going to be really interesting to see the couple compete next week on redemption island.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #771 on: October 10, 2013, 07:44:04 AM »
Ballsy move at tribal council that I really didn't expect to work, especially after the re-vote. Going to be interesting to see how it continues from here.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #772 on: October 10, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
I know.  FUCK YOU, BRAD CULPEPER!

WHAT a Tribal Council last night.  Holy crap.  It's tough to know how to feel about it.  I was all looking forward to them deep sixing Brad, but when he went, he was so nice and gracious about it, that it kinda lost some of its oomph for me.  Hopefully the teaser for next week is just that and he won't let Monica switch with him.

The immunity challenge was another good one.  Tadhana continues to blow early leads.  And Tyson comes out half faking what remains of his injured shoulder and helps win the day for them.  By the end, the sling is completely gone.

I like Candice's ability to stay focused and calm during challenges.  Pretty impressive.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #773 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:07 AM »
I know.  FUCK YOU, BRAD CULPEPER!

WHAT a Tribal Council last night.  Holy crap.  It's tough to know how to feel about it.  I was all looking forward to them deep sixing Brad, but when he went, he was so nice and gracious about it, that it kinda lost some of its oomph for me.  Hopefully the teaser for next week is just that and he won't let Monica switch with him.

I know. :lol Maybe he just didn't want to give them the satisfaction. He seemed too downright nice when he got to redemption island too. What was that about? It will be go time when it gets to the challenge next week, although I don't think he'll let Monica switch with him. he won't want to be responsible for her losing a challenge, and he'll think he has the best chance of beating the other two (and probably wants to rub it in their faces too).

I like Candice's ability to stay focused and calm during challenges.  Pretty impressive.

Whats-her-face got really rattled, and lost it for herself. Staying calm under the stress is always the difference maker in puzzles. You really need your composure to think clearly. That's why Malcolm always did good at the challenges too. Good focus.

Also, Candice's abilities were looking pretty impressive in her bikini underwater too. *ahem*

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #774 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking it's possible that Brad realized he was busted and decided to start playing the nice guy card.  He could do well at Redemption Island.

And yeah, you KNOW that as soon as Marisa lost and left RI, that Jon was nailing it like a piece of cheap drywall.  Hell, you're in a wilderness/paradise in the middle of nowhere (seemingly).  I'm sure they managed to get the hell away from the cameras long enough to enjoy themselves in such a setting.  How awesome would that be?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #775 on: October 10, 2013, 10:06:16 AM »
While I like rooting against Brad, I think Candice needs to get a clue and realize that her giving TWO clues to the hidden II to her hubby is what put the target on his back, and THAT is why he was voted off.  Bitterness is often a stinky cologne, though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #776 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
Given that handing the clue to a loved one puts an instant target on their back, and that trying to use it against someone has now been rendered null by the idea of simply throwing the clue into the fire instead of reading it, I think that whole concept has run its course now.
If someone really needs the idol that desperately, they're better off taking their chances and finding it on their own. If everyone is aware you have a good chance of finding or having the idol, you're not buying yourself much extra time anyway.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #777 on: October 11, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
Given that handing the clue to a loved one puts an instant target on their back, and that trying to use it against someone has now been rendered null by the idea of simply throwing the clue into the fire instead of reading it, I think that whole concept has run its course now.

this

He could do well at Redemption Island.

this. It will be interesting to see the RI challenge next week. All three are obviously very strong competitors.

And yeah, you KNOW that as soon as Marisa lost and left RI, that Jon was nailing it like a piece of cheap drywall. 

this  :lol She likely won't be leaving the game with a million dollars, but maybe with a baby.

WHAT a Tribal Council last night.  Holy crap.  It's tough to know how to feel about it.  I was all looking forward to them deep sixing Brad, but when he went, he was so nice and gracious about it, that it kinda lost some of its oomph for me.

not so much this, though. I was really happy with the way it turned out. It was a ballsy move and I'm glad it worked out. More exciting for it to come to a head like that in TC instead of a simple blindside, IMO. And to see him leave with such apparent grace was also really refreshing, and surprising. If that was genuine, kudos to him. I've never been that happy to see someone get the boot, and then almost immediately gain a newfound respect for them. It's a good feeling  :D

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #778 on: October 12, 2013, 05:34:36 AM »
Finally got caught up on this season.

I am really enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would.  There are a lot of twists and turns.  It is a lot denser than I expected, with every move having basically twice as many ramifications as before.

I'm still not crazy about the whole concept of Redemption Island, but it's definitely more interesting this time.  I hope Candace and John took the opportunity for some quality time.

I'm totally glad that Colton is gone.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #779 on: October 17, 2013, 06:46:01 AM »
I think everybody is glad Colton is gone.

Good episode last night.  Mostly.  REALLY irritated to see Candice gone.  Very frustrating.  And I get why Monica might be upset that Brad has garnered such ill will from others, but she only knows the Brad outside of the game.  She doesn't know "Game Brad".  People are COMPLETELY different in game then they are outside it.  Every time he mentiones that all the other peopl on his tribe know he doesn't act like the monster Candice has made him out to be, I never see a single one of them make any sort of indication of agreement.  I damn sure hope to see him get booted from RI.

Nice to see Tadhana finally win one.  Fortunately the challenge was one that gave NOBODY an inherent advantage.  No advantage to nerds, athletes, men, or women, really.  And I REALLY thought Laura B was going instead.  Also, Laura M. put up a warning on her Facebook page indicating that she didn't appreciate that CBS may have portrayed her "massage" in some sort of manner other than being a completely innocent act, and implying some sort of intimacy.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2013, 07:06:55 AM »

Good episode last night.  Mostly.  REALLY irritated to see Candice gone.  Very frustrating.  And I get why Monica might be upset that Brad has garnered such ill will from others, but she only knows the Brad outside of the game.  She doesn't know "Game Brad".  People are COMPLETELY different in game then they are outside it.  Every time he mentiones that all the other peopl on his tribe know he doesn't act like the monster Candice has made him out to be, I never see a single one of them make any sort of indication of agreement.  I damn sure hope to see him get booted from RI.

Nice to see Tadhana finally win one.  Fortunately the challenge was one that gave NOBODY an inherent advantage.  No advantage to nerds, athletes, men, or women, really.  And I REALLY thought Laura B was going instead.  Also, Laura M. put up a warning on her Facebook page indicating that she didn't appreciate that CBS may have portrayed her "massage" in some sort of manner other than being a completely innocent act, and implying some sort of intimacy.

Yeah it's a bummer Candace is gone. She was a good competitor and it sucks she went straight to Redemption Island. And she was easy on the eyes.

Laura M. Shouldn't be shocked the way CBS edited that footage. What did she think would happen? I mean, footage doesn't lie and innocent or not that was a fairly intimate massage. I was waiting to see if Aras got the happy ending.

Isn't there a Survivor insider at DTf? If so and he's reading.....CBS has to know the formula in which they use to edit the show reveals who is going to get kicked off before it actually happens. Between the intimate massage, Laura's commentary after that massage and the quips from the challenge....I thought it was fairly obvious she was heading home.

Previews suggest a merge or some other team re-arranging next week. Which will be good because it has the potential to get boring if kept at the same pace.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #781 on: October 17, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »
Laura's disclaimer on Facebook:

To all my family and friends: I knew going into this that I was taking the chance of the risk of the “edit” of Hollywood. Tonights episode of Survivor does just that. They have taken a COMPLETELY innocent situation and make it look “Intimate”. Those of you that know me, know my heart and how much I love and value my Faith, my husband & my family, and those of you that don’t, you are going to think want you want, but please know that I would have given that same massage to my sons. So that is why I am so offended by how CBS is implying anything inappropriate. Please hang in there with me, I know it doesn’t make sense now, but it will as the weeks go by. If you think this show has been intense so far…..just wait….the excitement is just about to start. Thank you for all your support. It REALLY means a lot to both Ciera Morett Eastin and myself. Please join Ciera Morett Eastin and myself at Gilgamesh Brewing to watch tonights episode. Thanks again. Keeping the Faith.

Also, yeah, bobs23 is a Survivor insider.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #782 on: October 17, 2013, 07:42:04 AM »

I can't be bothered writing a detailed reply, but I just agree with all of this.

I didn't think there was anything too intimate about the massage, at least it was clear that was not her intention. It was just a bit of manipulation to help herself in the game. Nothing wrong with that. It just didn't help her at all. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #783 on: October 17, 2013, 10:00:10 AM »
The episode synopsis for last night's episode when I DVRd it basically said there was gonna be another blindside, so thanks for basically telling us ahead of time who was going home. :tdwn :tdwn  Jeez, you would think they would be a bit more vague with those episode descriptions, than basically giving something like that away.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #784 on: October 23, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »
The preview made it pretty obvious they were swapping teams this week, and it wasn't unexpected given that they always do that when things are getting one sided, although the new teams are arguably a lot more one sided despite being more even in numbers.

The new Galang tribe f'ed up that challenge big time. Even after catching up on the puzzle they managed to mess it up!

Yet again the idol clue idea was a bust. I don't think the producers realized how much the fear of being a target outweighed the benefits of getting a clue. Nobody gets a chance to sneak off and find it anymore anyway.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #785 on: October 23, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
The preview made it pretty obvious they were swapping teams this week, and it wasn't unexpected given that they always do that when things are getting one sided, although the new teams are arguably a lot more one sided despite being more even in numbers.

The new Galang tribe f'ed up that challenge big time. Even after catching up on the puzzle they managed to mess it up!

Yet again the idol clue idea was a bust. I don't think the producers realized how much the fear of being a target outweighed the benefits of getting a clue. Nobody gets a chance to sneak off and find it anymore anyway.

I'd show up prepared as if I were going to be selected to be the clue with a diversion clue....throw that in the fire after some sleight of hand and keep the real clue. Yeah....that's what I'd do!

They'd have been dumb to eliminate V anyway because he's their only guy! They need him for challenges.

Starting to remember why I didn't like Tyson also.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #786 on: October 23, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »
I'd show up prepared as if I were going to be selected to be the clue with a diversion clue....throw that in the fire after some sleight of hand and keep the real clue. Yeah....that's what I'd do!

They'd have been dumb to eliminate V anyway because he's their only guy! They need him for challenges.

:lol That's a great idea, although it would take some preparation, and maybe skill.

Vitas is probably the first one gone next vote. I think they'll choose alliances ready for the merge over strength.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #787 on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:37 AM »
Actually, I thought Tyson was awesome.  This was the first time I've really liked him very much.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #788 on: October 24, 2013, 06:29:18 AM »
Vitas played it awesome at TC.  Saw a crack in the alliance and exploited the shit out of it.  Maybe their minds had already been made up, but the more he threw her under the bus, the more she appeared like she belonged there.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #789 on: October 24, 2013, 09:53:20 AM »
Yeah, that was great.  Plus, Kat is one of the dumbest players I've ever seen, so I'm glad I won't have to listen to her anymore.  For a while, anyway.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #790 on: October 24, 2013, 09:55:58 AM »
And the thing about her that annoyed me was that she had a tendency to act pissy.  Always making faces and rolling her eyes and acting inconvenienced in some way.  It doesn't at all hurt my feelings that they voted her out.

Also, as BVD said, I was a little surprised at how unevenly the split turned out.  A team of ALL woemn and one man and a team of ALL men and one woman.  Very odd.  Not particularly fair, despite being at random.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #791 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
The stupidity of Kat was never more glaring than last night.  I mean, you got busted, and then you are gonna lie about it?  Any chance she had was gone then.  Better to admit it, ask for forgiveness an hope for the best, rather than continuously lie through your teeth.  In essence, Tina and Monica put her wavering loyalty to the test, and her lying was her failing it big time.  Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!! :lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #792 on: October 25, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »

:lol That's a great idea

I'm also really enjoying Tyson this season and hope he makes it far, so long as it doesn't mean the death of Aras. I'm really hoping for an Aras Vytas reunion at the merge, though I don't know if they will both make it. Vytas played Kat like a champ this past week, but I would still be surprised if he wasn't the next one gone.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #793 on: October 30, 2013, 10:43:47 PM »
Man, Laura B just shot herself in the foot. All she had to do was shut up, and they had an easy vote, but instead she forgot she was playing Survivor. :lol
Vytas has been in a tough spot with this tribe, but he hasn't had a difficult time exploiting the cracks at all so far. He hasn't had to scramble, or push, he just keeps calm and gives his case, and that's that.

No surprise that Kat was gone at redemption island. She's really not much use at anything.

And next week, the merge. Vytas + bro are going to be early targets, I think.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #794 on: October 31, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

No surprise that Kat was gone at redemption island. She's really not much use at anything.

I am guessing Hayden would argue otherwise, since she seems like one of those needy, co-dependent gals who will let her boyfriend do whatever he wants to her, just to make him happy, if you know what I mean. :biggrin:  In other words, he is in that relationship so long as the fun outweighs the crazy. :lol :lol 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #795 on: October 31, 2013, 10:53:51 AM »
Speaking of which, was it just me, or did it seem like he had no intention of ever swapping with her while at redemption island, but kind of led her to think it was her decision for him to stay in the game?
He obviously has more chance in the game than her, so his argument was right, but she seemed to think he would have been ready to swap, but I didn't get that impression. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #796 on: October 31, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »
Sure seemed that way.  If she'd gone back in the game, she'd have been voted out next week, probably.  And while I understand the "Check with your alliance first" mindset, they'd ALL agreed earlier that Vytas should go, so I REALLY don't see where she was all THAT out of line in saying something to him.  She was gooing on the agreement they'd all made, understandably.  But in Survivor, you have to assume that everything has changed within a half hour.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #797 on: November 07, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »
I hope Aras can stay alive on Redemption Island, as he is obviously one of the greatest competitors out there. It would have been nice to see him compete with Vytas until the end, but I knew he was gone as soon as he lost the immunity challenge. Thankfully, he's still in it and I think he has a decent chance at holding on. The challenge now will be for Vytas to stay away from Redemption Island, somehow.

Vytas, Tina, Little Tina, and Monica make a solid 4, but I don't see anyone else switching sides from the singles+Laura alliance.

Still a lot of time left though, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. This really has been one of the more interesting recent seasons, with the family component.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #798 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
Definitely an excellent factor in all this.

What irked me was the final RI challenge.  That challenge was, in my opinion, unfairly slanted towards a woman to win and whoever chose that for the "return to the game" challenge knew it.  Jon had more body weight to support than either of the other two, without question.  It's a no brainer he'll be out first.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #799 on: November 07, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »
yeah, that irked me as well. I can't remember that particular challenge ever being won by someone without a uterus. I was hoping John would come back anyhow, as he was out the longest and he would mix things up a bit more.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #800 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »

What irked me was the final RI challenge.  That challenge was, in my opinion, unfairly slanted towards a woman to win and whoever chose that for the "return to the game" challenge knew it.  Jon had more body weight to support than either of the other two, without question.  It's a no brainer he'll be out first.

I guess they figure the extra strength makes up for it, although at that point in the game everyone's weak, so I suppose it doesn't work out that way.

"My thighs were holding on so tight to that thing"

Hot.

Like senecadawg2, I knew Aras was gone the second Vytas won the immunity idol. They're obviously targeting the pairs right now, because ultimately they're going to stick together. Better to get rid of them while the numbers are there to do it.
Vytas has played a good game so far, so hopefully he can make it a lot further. I think he's going to be a big target at some point though, and he's perhaps getting a bit too confident.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #801 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:51 PM »
Monica is really dumb, throwing a hissy fit cause Tina told her she was number 5 in their alliance.  Uh, if you are number 5 in an alliance where the top 4 are two couples/family members, when it gets down to 5, you are the swing vote and can decide which couple to take to the final 3.  Amazing how short-sighted some are.  :lol :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #802 on: November 07, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
Monica is really dumb, throwing a hissy fit cause Tina told her she was number 5 in their alliance.  Uh, if you are number 5 in an alliance where the top 4 are two couples/family members, when it gets down to 5, you are the swing vote and can decide which couple to take to the final 3.  Amazing how short-sighted some are.  :lol :lol

And that's if it even gets that far. I see the couples being picked off much earlier, regardless of what they say about alliances and final 5 or whatever.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #803 on: November 08, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »

That hearkens back to 'Fighter Pilot Terry' days when he dominated post merge and the final challenge to get to the end was that retarded balance on a sheet of wood in the water.....clearly designed for a woman to win.....Aras was falling off as well then also. Fighter Pilot Terry was screwed and then Aras....who apparently thinks he played such a great game to win his season....won because everyone hated the 85 lb chic who won that challenge.

Monica is really dumbannoying...makes me want to eat glass and throw myself down a flight of steps, throwing a hissy fit cause Tina told her she was number 5 in their alliance.  Uh, if you are number 5 in an alliance where the top 4 are two couples/family members, when it gets down to 5, you are the swing vote and can decide which couple to take to the final 3.  Amazing how short-sighted some are.  :lol :lol

The lady annoys the  :censored out of me.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #804 on: November 13, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...