Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189713 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #630 on: April 01, 2013, 12:45:31 PM »
Un-fucking-believable.  I don't know why this doesn't surprise me in the least.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/april_1/2013_Apr_01_survivor-not-casting
I have to say up until the 'Probst will operate the cameras' I was completely on board with it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #631 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »
I know, for some reason even that slipped by me.  I was shaking my head right up to the end.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #632 on: April 03, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
Corinne is a complete doofus.  Sherri was gonna go, and they could have taken control of the game with a 6-5 advantage, and there was no need to talk to Dawn about anything, but she couldn't help but run her big mouth, and it came back to bite her in the ass.  Unbelievable how dumb people can be. :lol :lol :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #633 on: April 03, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
I liked Corinne just because she was always hilarious in the monologues, but she didn't play it smart at all, and it backfired. Her mouth's too big for her own good.
I don't like the way they read the votes in tribal anymore. They used to alternate between the two people getting the votes, but now they basically dump all of them individually, and it isn't as suspenseful to me.

And go Cochrane! Like a boss. :metal

Did anyone else notice all of the editing in this episode? There were a lot of points where people's dialogue sounded redubbed to me. They'd always cut away, then the voice would completely change, and it didn't sound like it was just a time edit.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #634 on: April 04, 2013, 06:16:32 AM »
I thought Corinne was okay, but yeah, I was REALLY kinda surprised that they managed to pull Erik over to knock her off.  The look on her face was freakin' priceless.  I absolutely loved it.  NEVER EVER EVER get comfortable.

Also, yeah, I could not believe how quickly Cochrane blew through that challenge.  Awesome.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: April 10, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
Would someone give me a quick synopsis of what happened in the episode after the reward challenge? A large line of thunderstorms rolled through St. Louis and every news channel pre empted all the programming because apparently we all need to know the wind is going to blow kind if hard, and there will be thunder and lightning. A solid hour of coverage.
  Anyway, who won immunity? Was there a blind side? Any info. Would be appreciated, I doubt I have the time to try and find the episode to watch again. Thanks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2013, 01:36:24 AM »
I didn't like that reward challenge. Any decent shot was actually impossible to block. They should have given it a little bit more chance with a higher pedestal for the goalie. I loved Cochrane's speech about the testosterone approach not working with him. :lol

The immunity challenge was badass though. That could have gotten dangerous. Andrea was impressive.

That tribal council was CRAZY. I don't know which surprised me more. That Malcolm was ballsy enough to get the idol off of Reynold, or that he ended up getting no votes anyway. Hopefully all of that doesn't screw over Malcolm from here on. It's still too long till the end for him to have to win immunity every week.

gmillerdrake - Brenda won immunity, in a challenge where you have to breathe underwater as the tide comes in. The voting was all over the place. Malcolm and his side group was trying to get rid of Andrea, and the rest of the favourites were going to split the votes between Eddie and Reynold, but then last minute Andrea made them change to vote for Michael once she found out, as a safe bet because she wanted to make sure she wasn't going home.
In tribal, Malcolm figured they were onto him. When it came time to play immunity idols, Reynold went up to play his, and Malcolm stopped him and said the tribe was talking about voting him off, and not Reynold, and convinced Reynold to give him the idol to play. The votes were mostly for Andrea and Michael, with one vote for Reynold. Michael went home.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any the gist of that. It was all over the place. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #637 on: April 11, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »
Funny enough, Malcolm cast the sole vote for Reynold.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #638 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:51 AM »
Thanks Blob.  I appreciate it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #639 on: April 11, 2013, 06:15:42 AM »
I was trying to get on last night to put up some info, but I think my hard drive is getting ready to take a sh*t.  Couldn't get the damn computer running all night.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #640 on: April 17, 2013, 07:41:16 PM »
What.

The.

Fuck.

Just.

Happened?

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #641 on: April 17, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
I predicted that Malcolm might make that move right before tribal, but honestly didn't think that he would. Definitely shook up the game, but if the other six stay strong it shouldn't be too hard to get those three out anyways. I think Malcolm should have held on to it and let Eddie go. It will certainly be interesting to see how that plays out... DAWN! What an annoying personality. Unstable emotionally, physicaly weak, takes herself and the game too seriously. Nothing would have made me happier than to see the six other S R US fellas vote her out.

I'll be pulling for Cochran from here on out.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: April 17, 2013, 09:18:29 PM »
Yeah that was awesome! And that was the play to make all along, I immediately thought of that once he had two idols. The manner in which they revealed at tribal was great!
  I'm pulling for Cochran as well, he's definitely playing a good game to this point but things might get interesting now that those folks don't have Phillip to hide behind.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:20 AM »
Man this really opens up the game now. For some reason, people were following Phillip's plan despite thinking he's a complete nut bar, so to get that head off really opens up possibilities for Malcolm's group. I'm still going for Malcolm, so this turned out good despite him using TWO idols this week. I really thought he was going to hold onto his, and you could see he almost did.

I loved tribal this week. Nobody saw that coming at all, and seeing them all scurrying DURING tribal was awesome. And I'm very glad to see Phillip gone. He didn't even bother with the immunity challenge this week, and he deserved to go anyway.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #644 on: April 18, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »
Thank God the delusional nutjob is gone.  However, it was slightly disappointing that he went out the way.  I would rather had seen part of his alliance turn on him and help vote him out, rather than him simply being the victim of idols being played.  Now he will continue to delude himself into thinking he played a great game.  But oh well, at least he is gone.  :tup :tup

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: April 18, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
Thank God the delusional nutjob is gone.  However, it was slightly disappointing that he went out the way.  I would rather had seen part of his alliance turn on him and help vote him out, rather than him simply being the victim of idols being played.  Now he will continue to delude himself into thinking he played a great game.  But oh well, at least he is gone.  :tup :tup

Oh I'm sure he would have found a way to convince himself of that regardless. :lol Like believing he was so strong a player that they considered him a threat and voted him out etc.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #646 on: April 24, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
Last week's episode, humorously illustrated and recapped with Lego.  :lol

https://winterpaysforsummer.blogspot.com/2013/04/survivor-caramoan-lego-r-us-2610.html

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #647 on: April 24, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
I just caught the episode the other night.  Fantastic, what a tribal!

Still pulling for Malcolm, but I have no issues with Cochran, either.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #648 on: April 24, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
It will be really interesting to see if anyone from the power alliance splits off and joins Malcolm, Reynold(s) and Eddie, a.k.a. the Alpha Betas.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #649 on: April 24, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
There is no reason to.  Sure, it is easy to say, "Being in a 5-person alliance gets you closer to the end than being in a 6-person alliance," but if you flip on that large alliance, most of them will be on the jury, and you will then have no chance of winning if you even do get to the final 3 since juries are historically extremely bitter towards players they feel betrayed them.  Better to stay in the 6 and see how things pan out once you get to that point. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #650 on: April 24, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
I agree, but the assurance of a sure thing has never stopped people from doing something that makes the viewers facepalm and say "WTF ARE YOU DOING???"  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
I agree, but the assurance of a sure thing has never stopped people from doing something that makes the viewers facepalm and say "WTF ARE YOU DOING???"  :lol

And some of the remaining people are not the smartest strategic players, and prone to unpredictability. I think there will be at least some switching. Whether or not it will make a difference in saving the minority team is another issue.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #652 on: April 24, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
For further evidence of players doing the damndest things, despite currently sitting pretty, watch Erik's exit the first time around.  :rollin

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #653 on: April 24, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
Fuck. I truly thought that would go a different way.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #654 on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
I didn't understand it last week, and I definitely don't understand it now. No reason Malcolm should have played his second idol last week. Guaranteed another tribal, and several more days to find the next immunity idol. He sacrificed a sure chance at the final 8, and likely beyond, on the hope that one of the six would switch. Not good odds at all... Also don't understand why the six felt the need to split the vote tonight. As Cochran pointed out, Malcolm would play the idol regardless just to be sure, and then reynold is gone. Whatever...

I don't know that I'm going to be able to finish this season if Cochran gets voted off within the next couple weeks.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: April 24, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »
Fuck. I truly thought that would go a different way.
I'm totally disinterested now. Bunch of spineless players afraid to rock the boat. I can't believe Dawn, Erik and that other chic Sherri can still think they are 'in' the game or going anywhere. Why not vote out Andrea who is very strategic and will garner some votes to win?
  I liked Malcolm and the fact he was a good player...it sucks now that it s going to be a bunch of tards playing...save Cochran.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: April 24, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »
Dammit, I can't believe nobody at all flipped. And as soon as it got to a revote and Malcolm and Reynold couldn't vote, I knew it had to be Malcolm gone. Andrea's smug little face afterwards pissed me off the most though.

So, go Cochrane! I really don't care for any of the other players to win. Not that I strongly dislike them, but there are none that I think really deserve the prize for playing the game well.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #657 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:12 AM »
I will be extremely pleased if Andrea goes next.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #658 on: April 25, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
Andrea is too cute to go next; us guys need our eye candy on the show. :biggrin: :coolio

But yeah, I wasn't surprised that no one flipped, for the reasons I outlined before last night's episode.  There was simply no advantage to going with the three guys. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »
Andrea is too cute to go next; us guys need our eye candy on the show. :biggrin: :coolio

What? Dawn and Sherri aren't doing it for you? :neverusethis:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #660 on: April 25, 2013, 09:36:21 AM »

But yeah, I wasn't surprised that no one flipped, for the reasons I outlined before last night's episode.  There was simply no advantage to going with the three guys. 

That's true, but again, people have done dumber things from a place of even greater security.  As noted, see Erik's exit in Micronesia FvF.

God, I STILL shake my head at that one.  :lol

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #661 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:45 AM »
Yeah, Malcolm's departure is disheartening.  I can't believe that neither Sherri nor Erik flipped.  If only one of them had, everything would have been different.  As it is, assuming the 6 hold together to eliminate Reynold & Eddie (which isn't a guarantee anyway), Sherri will be the first one voted off at that point because she's not a "favorite."  These people don't think.

And Dawn is a friggin' idiot.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: May 01, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
I just don't get it....I mean.....you have an idol with only two chances left to play it......you've been strong in all the immunity challenges more or less so there's a chance you could win individual immunity, AND a player sitting directly to your left just told you that he's lied time and time again to people who didn't think he'd lie to them. And, you don't play the immunity idol? That's whatcha get then.

It really is amazing that seemingly season after season someone makes that same mistake....thinking they can make it one more tribal. It's kind of funny. Also, you knew sooner or later Cochrans name would get thrown out there....I mean those people have to know that if he makes it to the end he'd get the votes.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #663 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
If Cochran can just hang on to be end it'll be him! Andrea was his biggest competitor at this point, but I do worry about him from here on out, being that he's seemingly played the best strategic game thusfar and even won 2 individual challenges. Couple that with the fact that he's generally well liked (except by Andrea I would suspect) and he's not the kind of player anyone will want to take to the end. At this point his odds don't look too good, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #664 on: May 01, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »
Bad move by Andrea, but at least she took her blindside well instead of being a crybaby about it.  While bitter jury members makes for better television, it is nice to see someone got out with some freaking grace for once.