Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 188033 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #805 on: November 13, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »
Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...Please get rid of Monica tonight...

:clap:

She looks like the poor mans Shania Twain.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #806 on: November 13, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »
:lol

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #807 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »
I sure hope so. As long as it's not vytas or Tyson, as those are my two favorites right now (wish they were allied together...)
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #808 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:14 PM »
A very packed episode tonight, basically two episodes in one, with two tribals.
That first half was basically a kick in the teeth for those of us who wanted Vytas to keep going, and for Monia to go. :lol He should have kept his mouth shut at tribal. I don't know what his strategy was, but he was not playing smart.

I'm glad Tina went. All during the immunity challenge when she was encouraging Katie, all I could think was STFU TINA! If I was Katie, that just would have pissed me right off. This is why the couples are all getting voted off.

Those eating challenges never get easier to watch either. No matter how many times they do them (like every single season), I found this one especially hard to watch. :lol It's a shame Vytas didn't go all the way after being such a trooper with those worms.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: November 13, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
A very packed episode tonight, basically two episodes in one, with two tribals.
That first half was basically a kick in the teeth for those of us who wanted Vytas to keep going, and for Monia to go. :lol He should have kept his mouth shut at tribal. I don't know what his strategy was, but he was not playing smart.

I'm glad Tina went. All during the immunity challenge when she was encouraging Katie, all I could think was STFU TINA! If I was Katie, that just would have pissed me right off. This is why the couples are all getting voted off.

Those eating challenges never get easier to watch either. No matter how many times they do them (like every single season), I found this one especially hard to watch. :lol It's a shame Vytas didn't go all the way after being such a trooper with those worms.

I was thinking the same thing. That would have been annoying trying to concentrate with your mom right behind you going 'good job sweetie'.

SUCKED to see Vytas go. Bummed about that. Maybe he'll make a run at Redemption. The only thing I haven't eaten that they ate tonight was the pig intestines. I was 'that guy' who didn't turn down a dare from about age 12-26. There's not an insect I haven't eaten and if anyone cares to know urine tastes....well...like pi$$.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:34 PM »
Positive reinforcement can work in challenges that require endurance and toughness, but in a concentration/balancing challenge, it can only put you off.

I think there's little chance Tina is not losing Redemption Island next week, so I expect Vytas and Aras are surviving another week at least.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #811 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »
I thought the same thing about Tina yapping at Katie while she was trying to concentrate, but hell, Probst does that non-stop in every damn challenge.  Just once, I wanna say a player, after Probst tells them that they have to concentrate, to say to him, "Well, if you'd shut up, Jeff, it's be a lot freaking easier!" :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: November 14, 2013, 07:19:32 AM »
I thought the same thing about Tina yapping at Katie while she was trying to concentrate, but hell, Probst does that non-stop in every damn challenge.  Just once, I wanna say a player, after Probst tells them that they have to concentrate, to say to him, "Well, if you'd shut up, Jeff, it's be a lot freaking easier!" :lol

My wife and I always joke that he probably narrates everything. "Jeff's decided he wants sex....he's going to go with the neck caress to lead off to see if she's interested........"

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #813 on: November 14, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »
Who voted for Tyson?

Katie voted Monica, and there's no reason why Tina wouldn't do the same. What benefit would it be for Tina to vote Tyson when it was obviously herself or Monica? Presumably, the rest would have gone to Tina. So does that mean maybe Monica voted Tyson, in case Tina had the idol and the only other votes were for her? Still, that would be 2 (mother and daughter) against 1, so that move wouldn't make sense for her.

Did Tyson vote for himself? He was the only one sure that voting for Tina would work, and he was obviously safe. But still, with what purpose?

I'm obviously missing something, someone help me out!

Edit: apparently it was Tina, according to Wikipedia.

But I still don't understand what that would accomplish. Obviously, if the rest of that 7 person alliance had decided on Monica than Tina's vote wouldn't change that anyways. But why not vote for Monica anyways, in case it was a split vote with 3 to Tina and 3 to Monica (with the 7th, Monica, voting for Tina)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:47:39 PM by senecadawg2 »

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #814 on: November 14, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
Yeah, that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, either.  And with every episode, Monica gets slightly more and more annoying.

And regarding Tina's yapping, here's what Andy at Reality blurred had to say.  Link

Unhelpful commentary was also provided by Tina, who coached Katie to victory at the second immunity challenge by being the most annoying Survivor stage mom ever: “Katie, take your time”; “Good job, sweetie. Atta girl.” Considering Tina had earlier—and very smartly—told Katie to distance herself from her mother, this was roughly the equivalent of releasing a dove and saying, “Fly away, little bird!” and then shooting it out of the sky.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2013, 09:19:09 PM »
I was a little shocked to see someone actually keep the idol clue this week. It's so rare. :lol And a bit of a stupid move.

For the second time Monica wins immunity. DAMMIT. And when was the last time they did an original challenge? It's always the exact same challenges every season.

Ciera played a pretty smart game this week (although it took nothing to fool Katie :lol ). She even made it clear she voted for her mother, probably to prove to the rest of the tribe that she was still with the group, and not mad about her getting voted off.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #816 on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
Smart move by Ciera.  Bummed to see Aras go, as I reallly liked him.  As opposed to past seasons, I'm really liking Tyson this time around, but I don't see him staying much longer, preview aside.

Also, I will say this: for as much as Monica has irritated me, it was a major, MAJOR cool move to give her reward feast to everybody else, while she sat out.  But for her, she was probably like "You know what, eat and enjoy.  I still have immunity."  But good karma on her for that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #817 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:09 AM »
I can see how you'd feel like a bit of a dick with that much food (and it was more than ANY person could eat), and it seemed like it was a genuine move on her part, rather than a strategic move (which would have played into it a little).
With that much food, I wouldn't have been surprised if she was given the option to swap anyway, had she not mentioned it herself.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: November 21, 2013, 08:48:46 AM »
I'm just tired of immunity challenges designed for people of very light weight.....i.e...women. It's annoying and seems to be more prevalent in this season than ever. Any challenge that has to do with essentially managing your weight benefits the women, period.

Given my undying devotion to fighter pilot Terry I had great pleasure watching Aras get eliminated. Wish it would have happened to him on the season he backed into the finals and found himself up against a woman who people hated so they gave him a million bucks instead.

I'd blindside the heck out of Tyson the first chance you could.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #819 on: November 21, 2013, 08:50:03 AM »
I can see how you'd feel like a bit of a dick with that much food (and it was more than ANY person could eat), and it seemed like it was a genuine move on her part, rather than a strategic move (which would have played into it a little).
With that much food, I wouldn't have been surprised if she was given the option to swap anyway, had she not mentioned it herself.

Well, I think what was going to happen (she didn't even give Probst a chance to play games), was the usual "pick one person to join you.  Now pick another" bit OR like you said, a chance to swap.  Good for her for not letting Producer Jeff Probst create unnecessary drama, by cutting him off and giving it to the others.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: November 21, 2013, 08:56:07 AM »

Well, I think what was going to happen (she didn't even give Probst a chance to play games), was the usual "pick one person to join you.  Now pick another" bit OR like you said, a chance to swap.  Good for her for not letting Producer Jeff Probst create unnecessary drama, by cutting him off and giving it to the others.

Oh right, I forgot he got her to choose one person. They pulled that move last season with the family visit, where they got them to choose two people, then gave them the option of switching and letting everyone else have their family visit instead.
I wouldn't put it past them to have done that here. That food was clearly for a group, not just a couple of people to pig out.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #821 on: November 21, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »
Tyson's game might get him to the finals, but it will be hard for him to win if he keeps this up.  This being his 3rd time, you'd think he'd know that playing the "big bad wolf," as he called himself, is a surefire way to sit in the finals, get reamed, and get no votes.

It's kind hard not to root for Ciera after last night.  But given how terrible she has been in challenges, she is gonna have to get to the end on pure game alone, not by winning challenges.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #822 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »
From Andy, at Reality Blurred:

Ultimately, the alliance decided a pair was a bigger threat than Katie. Their decision was clear when Probst showed one vote for Laura, one for Katie, and then another for Laura; clearly, there were no more Katie votes. But then he surprised us: the last vote was for “Laura (Mom),” and it was devastating. It’s well-known that Probst arranges votes to be as dramatic as possible, but considering his likely ecstatic response when he and other producers were reviewing votes and deciding to show that one last, I’m surprised that vote wasn’t stuck to the others.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #823 on: November 21, 2013, 12:00:45 PM »
Overall this seemed like a rather uneventful episode. I am sad to see Aras get the boot, though hopefully that gives Vytas a better chance at getting back in the game later.

Tyson's game might get him to the finals, but it will be hard for him to win if he keeps this up.  This being his 3rd time, you'd think he'd know that playing the "big bad wolf," as he called himself, is a surefire way to sit in the finals, get reamed, and get no votes.

It's kind hard not to root for Ciera after last night.  But given how terrible she has been in challenges, she is gonna have to get to the end on pure game alone, not by winning challenges.

I actually think Tyson has managed to find a great balance of being a strong strategist while also not pissing anyone off (reminds me a bit of Cochran, last season). Sooner or later though, he's going to have to win a challenge or two as he is probably the biggest target remaining.

As for Ciera, I can't say I share your thoughts. I don't think she has made a single active move this entire game. You could argue that voting her mom out was that big move, but she didn't really have another option and she even came across as somewhat selfish in doing it. Just my opinion though, and I'm sure many of the other people (especially those on the jury) will think differently. Still, all I see is that she got stuck in with the right alliance and has played along well, but hardly deserves to win anything at this point. She has proved to be poor in challenges, and if she gets to the final three i think it will be just because she's easy to beat (as her mom pointed out on the beach in this episode).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #824 on: November 30, 2013, 05:27:56 AM »
I agree with ^all of that^
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: November 30, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »
Was ticked to see Vytas get double teamed like that. Made me curious as to if they get their choice of position or not because one should always want that middle spot just for the reason to be able to see both other players. I'd have been ticked if I lost to Tina in anything....especially if she were helped like that.

Monica may not lose an immunity challenge. I mean, the chic is strong both mentally and physically and it's clear the men remaining are a bunch of Sissys.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #826 on: November 30, 2013, 08:39:27 AM »
I was surprised they allowed Tina and Laura to cheat like that.  Yes, cheat. Allowing that throws off the competitive balance in what is supposed to be an "every man/woman for him/herself" challenge.

Aside from that, I will be shocked if Tyson doesn't win this thing.  He is getting a winner's edit. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: November 30, 2013, 08:47:56 AM »
I was surprised they allowed Tina and Laura to cheat like that.  Yes, cheat. Allowing that throws off the competitive balance in what is supposed to be an "every man/woman for him/herself" challenge.

Aside from that, I will be shocked if Tyson doesn't win this thing.  He is getting a winner's edit.

Definitely right about that. It has to be intentional....because CBS edits each of their episodes to where you should know who's being voted off before they are....and like you've pointed out, by this point in the season who is going to make the final three. Probably Gervais, Tyson and a person who won't get one vote.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #828 on: November 30, 2013, 09:01:48 AM »
Probably Monica. Remember that she was talked about for weeks as being on the bottom of the alliance, so I don't think she is well-liked by the majority.  And even if she gets to the end thanks to winning more challenges, history has shown that juries have way more respect for players who get to the end thanks to game play rather than by winning challenge after challenge (see: Colby losing Season 2, despite dominating most of the individual challenges post-merge).

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: November 30, 2013, 09:57:34 PM »
I almost forgot all about Survivor this week!

I'm a bit bummed to see Vytas go because of Tina getting helped when there was literally only a second or two in it. Tina didn't deserve to stay in the game.

I'm not too sad to see Caleb go. He was a nice guy, but largely under the radar lately.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #830 on: December 01, 2013, 08:10:23 AM »
Too bad Tyson wasted his idol like that. And for a second there I thought he might have forgotten it  :lol

There have been many episodes in which I completely forgot Caleb was playing.

As for Vytas losing the challenge, I was pissed. It is, very much, cheating. They should put barriers up between them when there are puzzles. And now I'm left cheering for Tyson.

Also, not buying the 'next time on Survivor' clip in which they suggest that Gervais might blindside Tyson. Those two have been the closest alliance all game, and I don't see that changing next week.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: December 05, 2013, 02:23:22 AM »
Crazy tribal council tonight! Ciera is likely screwed for next week after that. Her or whats-his-face.

But I'm glad Katie went. I never liked her, and that was the best result they could have gotten from drawing rocks imo.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #832 on: December 05, 2013, 06:31:44 AM »
I'm on the fence about Katie.  On one hand, she was pretty much useless, didn't contribute a lot to competitions and wasn't part of any strong alliance or strategic plan.  On the other hand, tits.

It was a damn crazy tribal council.  The promos that CBS ran for Survivor during footbal on Sunday spoiled the entire thing.  I indicated that there would be a rock drawing.  It showed Probst walking past the 3 jury members, spoiling who lost at RI, and showed three hands outstretched in separate shots.  Anybody who was paying close attention would figure out who all was drawing rocks.

Tyson isn't, I think, particularly popular, but I am thinking I'd like to see him win.  Him or Gervase, really.  All Ciera has done is align herself with people who are moving forward - she hasn't really done much otherwise, unless you count voting her mom out.  Okay, so she made one difficult vote the whole time she's been out there.  Yay.  And as Kev noted, though Monica has been crushing it at immunity challenges (and almost did AGAIN last night), juries don't seem to care about that.  It will be interesting to see where all this goes.

And yeah, I was extremely irritated at Tina cheating/Laura helping last week.  Win for yourself.  At least she won second place fair and square this week.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: December 05, 2013, 06:39:11 AM »
I'm on the fence about Katie.  On one hand, she was pretty much useless, didn't contribute a lot to competitions and wasn't part of any strong alliance or strategic plan.  On the other hand, tits.

On the other hand, she's completely gross.

And yeah, I was extremely irritated at Tina cheating/Laura helping last week.  Win for yourself.  At least she won second place fair and square this week.

More accurately, she just didn't lose. LP :lol Not that she did bad at building, or to take anything away from her, as she wasn't far behind at all, but she also got a little lucky that Caleb f'ed it up last second. Laura crushed it though.

What is it with CBS spoiling everything this season? This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you guys have mentioned similar incidents. Luckily I don't see anything about the show except the preview at the end of each episode, but that's pretty bad. Do they take their audience for complete idiots and think they can't put 2 and 2 together?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #834 on: December 05, 2013, 06:53:20 AM »
On the other hand, she's completely gross.

More accurately, she just didn't lose. LP :lol Not that she did bad at building, or to take anything away from her, as she wasn't far behind at all, but she also got a little lucky that Caleb f'ed it up last second. Laura crushed it though.

What is it with CBS spoiling everything this season? This is at least the 3rd or 4th time you guys have mentioned similar incidents. Luckily I don't see anything about the show except the preview at the end of each episode, but that's pretty bad. Do they take their audience for complete idiots and think they can't put 2 and 2 together?

Well, yeah, on the island, where you're up against real life and the elements and such, yeah, most people aren't that presentable.  In real life:

Not as bad.  Although her mouth is a little strange.

Laura did crush it.  Again.  Get her and Monica together on RI and it'll really be game on.

Yeah, I have no idea what the hell is up with Survivor doing this recently.  The promo video goes by quickly enough that you have to REALLY be paying attention to it to see what happens and to catch the spoilers, but they were clearly there.  Very strange.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #835 on: December 05, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »
Meh, she's still average. Makeup makes anyone look at least a little better.

That's one thing I always enjoy about the reunion show, actually. You see them for an entire season all malnourished and rough, but many of them are still good looking, but then you see them after a sammich and some makeup etc, and then BAM. Often it takes a moment to realize who they actually are.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:32 AM »
Totally, it's like "Holy crap, who would have ever imagined these people could clean up so well?"  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #837 on: December 05, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »
Gervase has no chance of winning over the jury now.  Not after the way he ran his mouth last night.  He had been fairly low key in that regard since early in the season, but the annoying douche who was responsible for his loved one getting ousted was back last night.

Tyson will win this in a rout.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #838 on: December 05, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »
Right, that intense mouth running earns you nothing but bad karma.  It will get you nowhere but 2nd place.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #839 on: December 05, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »
ALSO damned funny:

Probst: In what ways are you similar with Colton?
Caleb: Well, we're both guys.

L

O

L