Author Topic: The Avenged Sevenfold Thread (merged)  (Read 166461 times)

Offline RazielSR

Re: The Avenged Sevenfold Thread
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »
I can't understand how you like this band people, the line up seems the new x-men movie:

M. Shadows
Zacky Vengeance
Synyster Gates
Johnny Christ

Sounds artificial a lot and it's like a pop band masked between guitars.

If you have a problem with the music by all means bring it up...

Yes, of course. I won't troll. Have fun with the band.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2010, 09:31:46 AM »
I can't understand how you like this band people, the line up seems the new x-men movie:

M. Shadows
Zacky Vengeance
Synyster Gates
Johnny Christ

The stage names were made when they were in their early 20's, so it was basically all just for the fun of it. They stuck, which I'm sure the band doesn't really care about, but some people see it as immature, I guess.

Their image is completely different these days, as now they dress, talk, and act just like hard rock stars. In the beginning, they wore all black and tried to make themselves out as a dark band, but in the recent years they've all grown up a considerable bit.

And yeah, judge them by their music, man! I thought the band name "Between the Buried and Me" was kind of stupid, but then I listened to the music and I ended up loving them. Don't judge a book by its cover! :)

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »
Regarding A7X exiting the soundwave festival, seems like Avenged Sevenfold were being a total pain in the ass.

For those who don't know, soundwave is a huge metal festival that tours Australia, here's the website where you can view the lineup https://www.soundwavefestival.com/

This is from the soundwave organiser's twitter:

"Avenged have decided, despite having originally confirmed a mid afternoon spot, that they are now unwilling to play unless it is night time. At the same time, they are refusing to play at the same time as Maiden. Which leads me to believe they want Maiden's time moved! While Avenged are a massive band, having sold around 8,000 copies of their new album Nationally, I wont be able to move Maiden's time slot. I have now reached the point where I can no longer mess around 70 other bands and 180,000 ticket holders to appease this band's nonsense. I have every expectation that they will go back on their agreement and cancel. I guess I'd better start lining up a replacement. Let's have your ideas people!"

So, the festival goes from 12pm to 10pm and Avenged wanted to play in the dark but did not want to clash with Iron Maiden who were headlining the gig fro 8pm to 10pm. It gets dark here at around 8pm during summer. I don't know if they were purposely screwing them around because they knew they weren't going to do the show.
"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »

M. Shadows
Zacky Vengeance
Synyster Gates
Johnny Christ

The stage names were made when they were in their early 20's, so it was basically all just for the fun of it. They stuck, which I'm sure the band doesn't really care about, but some people see it as immature, I guess.

Their image is completely different these days, as now they dress, talk, and act just like hard rock stars. In the beginning, they wore all black and tried to make themselves out as a dark band, but in the recent years they've all grown up a considerable bit.

And yeah, judge them by their music, man! I thought the band name "Between the Buried and Me" was kind of stupid, but then I listened to the music and I ended up loving them. Don't judge a book by its cover! :)
Actually the names came about even earlier than that, as they recorded STST when they were all about 17, and their names appear in the booklet for that album. I agree with what you say about them acting like hard rock stars now, and to me the names still fit well with that image. I mean, "Shadows" is no more ridiculous than "Slash."

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »
So who should we put money on as the new drummer?

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
Someone no one really knows, probably. It'd be for the best, I think, to have a lower profile drummer step in and blow everyone away, so it'd feel more like a "unit"... since that's what the band wants anyways.

Also, their new song 4:00 a.m. sounds amazing... the first listen blew me away.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:04:07 AM by ariich »

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2010, 02:05:56 AM »
Heretic, I had to edit your post; saying or even hinting at where to find pirated material is against the rules. Please have a look at the rules and be a bit more careful from now on.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2010, 07:25:23 AM »
Aye, I'm sorry about that, I assumed you had to link to the material to get in trouble! Thanks!

Offline LTE777

A7X
« Reply #393 on: December 19, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »
When the news broke out that Mike left DT and that he stated "well A7X are a band without a drummer and Im without a band" it made me sick to my stomach.  I loved the new 'nightmare'album as it was really well done and set this band apart from the rest that they could write some really good and meaningful songs.  My girlfriend was a fan but I hated their music and only bought the album because of MP.

When Nightmare came out, I was listening to it everyday. When the above happened I couldnt even listen to the album (or the other A7X albums I bought since then) and hid them away from my collection in an old draw (i know excessive aye, just the way i was feeling).

Well, when Mike announced he was no longer the drummer for this band, I started listening to the album once again and am very glad as I think they did a great job with it (even though I typicall dislike that type of music).   Im glad they decided to move on from Mike because I think they are right in saying that this whole DT episode certainly was taking away from their most successful release.

Any one else in the same sort of boat?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: The Avenged Sevenfold Thread (merged)
« Reply #394 on: December 19, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
First of all, when did MP say that? MP and A7X had already said he was gonna be touring with them way before he left DT so your inference is way off base.

I don't get it, you stopped liking Nightmare because MP left DT? I don't see why you should feel that way. DT is my second favorite band ever, but MP leaving DT didn't change my opinion that Nightmare is a great album.

I agree about what A7X did with MP, but really he was only slated to tour with them until the end of the year, which he did.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: December 19, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
First of all, when did MP say that? MP and A7X had already said he was gonna be touring with them way before he left DT so your inference is way off base.

He definitely said that after he left DT.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »

I must've missed this. Can you link me to it? Becuase I really don't recall reading MP say that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:59:52 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:25 PM »
Why would you ever stop listening to something because the drummer left another band you like?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »

I must've missed this. Can you link me to it? Becuase I really don't recall reading MP say that.
Dimitrius..that's a definite quote from MP. I mean, we'd have to do some seaching through the multitude of interviews he's done, but he did indeed say that. If I can find it tomorrow, I'll link it, but don't hold your breath. ;)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »
Yeah there's too much to sort through. Trust us. If we wanted to fool you about something, it'd be way cooler than this.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »
Well, I'm sorry for that then. I thought it was an inference since I personally never heard MP saying something like that and was under the impression that he wasn't expecting to become a full time member and just doing the tour as a tour member.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2010, 07:25:30 PM »
Well, I'm sorry for that then. I thought it was an inference since I personally never heard MP saying something like that and was under the impression that he wasn't expecting to become a full time member and just doing the tour as a tour member.

Huh? He just said "They're a band without a drummer and I'm a drummer without a band." Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2010, 07:26:44 PM »

Huh? He just said "They're a band without a drummer and I'm a drummer without a band." Nothing more, nothing less.
I read too much into it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #403 on: December 20, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
And yes, he did say that statement on the Eddie Trunk Show.

Offline iain

« Reply #404 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:45 PM »
I run a popular a7x forum called chapter-four, we've been around since 2004 and the band have posted on the forum in the past.

we also have the largest photo gallery on the internet with over 15,000 a7x pictures, which include magazine scans and live photos.

if you guys are interested in joining, the link is https://chapter-four.info
Owner of the popular A7X forum Chapter-Four
https://www.chapter-four.info

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Just listened to Fiction again for the first time in awhile.  It's feels surreal to hear Rev's voice singing that song. 
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
Newly-recorded A7X song to be released soon!  :eek

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu5BJ33BLHY

Preview of the new song

dfsdfsdfsd THAT SCREAMING

Offline lodeus

« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
Love the screaming. Whats the song for?

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #410 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
MORE A7X RELEASES YAY

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #411 on: April 24, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
This song is going to own so hard, I get a Waking the Fallen feeling while hearing the preview... it's insane.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #412 on: April 24, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
What's the song called? The link's broken.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2011, 06:27:40 PM »
Oh, they must've taken it down. It's called "I'm Not Ready to Die," apparently.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
This song is going to own so hard, I get a Waking the Fallen feeling while hearing the preview... it's insane.
I desperately want to make some joke about The Rev, but after several rough drafts nothing I can think of has much funny to it.

Fuck it.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
These guys tore me a new asshole on Friday night. :metal
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline FretMuppet

• DAIM that looks good!
« Reply #416 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »
What's the song called? The link's broken.

It keeps being uploaded and then taken down due to copyright

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #417 on: April 25, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »
I desperately want to make some joke about The Rev, but after several rough drafts nothing I can think of has much funny to it.

Fuck it.

:P

I really do hope this song will be at the six-seven minute mark, a7x does a fantastic job with longer songs. That, and I'm hoping for a killer solo.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #418 on: May 02, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »
I was right, new song is 7 minutes

and it's INSANE.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »
Link please

edit - Never mind, got it. Listening now :caffeine: