Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 489026 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6055 on: March 08, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol That was great!! Can I do that to NPCs in story mode? I gotta try that.

I am still tickled pink by RDR2's photo mode and keep uploading them to my twitter (exclusively used for uploading PS4 screencaps and Switch replays haha). If anyone's curious, I try to put my best ones there. https://twitter.com/ps4fotodump I have a fondness for taking photos of excessive murders I've committed while smoking a stogie or some cigarettes  :lol

EDIT: Wow. I never use Twitter for anything other than but apparently someone who works at Rockstar North followed my account. He's the only follower. Neat, I think! Hope they get a few seconds of entertainment :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 06:25:47 PM by Kattelox »
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6056 on: March 08, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
I finished up Ori and the Blind Forest recently and I enjoyed it even if it was a little short. My only gripe was the lack of real combat which made the combat upgrades a bit useless later on and the amount of times it took me to complete the last escape sequence frustrated me to the point where when I completed it it was more "thank God I don't have to do that again" more than a reward.

One thing I loved was the whole presentation of the story in the game. The opening sequence was top notch and the cutscene with Kuro's hatchlings absolutely crushed me in the way the opening scene in UP did with only animation and music.

Definitely recommended if you need a good metroidvania type game.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6057 on: March 08, 2020, 11:39:00 PM »
Definitely recommended if you need a good metroidvania type game.

I am in need, so color me intrigued.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #6058 on: March 09, 2020, 02:54:17 AM »
EDIT: Wow. I never use Twitter for anything other than but apparently someone who works at Rockstar North followed my account. He's the only follower. Neat, I think! Hope they get a few seconds of entertainment :)

I'm sure they will  :P

---

I've been on a bit of a kick of Soulslike games lately, I was a bit fatigued by them last year but this year I've started really getting along with them again. Started Code Vein at the beginning of the year and got through that, quickly became one of my fav games, absolutely loved it.

Followed that up with Fallen Order, which was... good, I had issues with it, kinda felt it would have been better ditching the Souls Like aspect and going more for the God Of War style instead. I'm also not a huge Star Wars fan so I think a lot of things went over my head.

Dark Souls is what I started at the weekend, I've never beaten this one. Have completed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, but never DS1 or 2, want to rectify that. Made good progress, followed a bit of a cheeky guide to get myself some good stuff early which has made the opening bosses a bit easier. About to head down to Quelaag when I next play

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6059 on: March 09, 2020, 08:23:59 AM »
:lol :lol :lol That was great!! Can I do that to NPCs in story mode? I gotta try that.

I don't see why not.  It's certainly not as fun as taunting a real person though  :lol which I didn't put in that video, but will make my full edit that I worked on last night (I have three seperate clips of me blowing up wagons all with some flare in the video  :biggrin:).

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6060 on: March 09, 2020, 08:34:58 AM »
I actually tried last night. I didn't kill anybody with it, but I did completely f$&# up a cart and a horse. The level of detail, omg. It actually blew the horse's legs off wtf

@jcmoorehead - I see what you did there  :biggrin:  ;)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6061 on: March 09, 2020, 08:47:17 AM »
I'm wondering what the new update to RDR2 online will be since season 2 ends Tuesday, I finally maxed out my character.  20 on all roles and 100 overall.  I still play for the daily challenge streak (87 days and counting) but other than killing randoms for fun, I don't know what else to do.

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1236393852577157128 <- slow motion dynamite on someone's wagon

I paid the 40 gold for the season pass a while ago and couldn't figure out how to redeem all the gold that came from it.

I too am eagerly awaiting the new season. I've been playing Mordhau a lot lately. There are a few new modes that are a lot of fun.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6062 on: March 09, 2020, 09:09:52 AM »
Go to the main menu, click benefits, and you have to claim each one individually... do that ASAP as they might expire soon.

I keep telling myself to find a new video game, but I end up playing RDR2 for like an hour and then have little desire to play anything else.  There's just not much out there that's really intriguing me at the moment.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6063 on: March 09, 2020, 06:07:14 PM »
After so many years Black Mesa 1.0 is finally out. If you wanna relive the original Half Life, this is great. Had so many flashbacks today when I tried it.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6064 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:55 AM »
Go to the main menu, click benefits, and you have to claim each one individually... do that ASAP as they might expire soon.

I keep telling myself to find a new video game, but I end up playing RDR2 for like an hour and then have little desire to play anything else.  There's just not much out there that's really intriguing me at the moment.

Thanks. I'll be damned, I got 40 gold back  :lol Best deal ever.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6065 on: March 10, 2020, 07:09:17 AM »

Thanks. I'll be damned, I got 40 gold back  :lol Best deal ever.

Yup, that's what I was saying awhile ago.  It's worth it if you'll play through enough to earn all the rewards which clearly we did.  No real life money spent yet you get the benefit of all the unlocks and your gold back.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6066 on: March 10, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »
Horizon Zero Dawn is now officially announced for PC. I believe there were rumors but now it is officially coming to steam later this year. It is a great game, so PC only folks have something to look forward to.

---

I've been on a bit of a kick of Soulslike games lately, I was a bit fatigued by them last year but this year I've started really getting along with them again. Started Code Vein at the beginning of the year and got through that, quickly became one of my fav games, absolutely loved it.

Followed that up with Fallen Order, which was... good, I had issues with it, kinda felt it would have been better ditching the Souls Like aspect and going more for the God Of War style instead. I'm also not a huge Star Wars fan so I think a lot of things went over my head.

Dark Souls is what I started at the weekend, I've never beaten this one. Have completed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, but never DS1 or 2, want to rectify that. Made good progress, followed a bit of a cheeky guide to get myself some good stuff early which has made the opening bosses a bit easier. About to head down to Quelaag when I next play

Have you tried Hollow Knight? It is as much Souls/Bloodborne as it is Metroid in my opinion. And it is as challenging as those games, with a lot of memorable bosses. Even the way the story is told and how npc's are handled mirrors the FromSoft games.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6067 on: March 10, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »
Horizon Zero Dawn is now officially announced for PC. I believe there were rumors but now it is officially coming to steam later this year. It is a great game, so PC only folks have something to look forward to.

God damn. HZD on PC will probably make me buy the game again. Keyboard and mouse while hunting machines would be awesome!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6068 on: March 10, 2020, 01:22:16 PM »
Heard lots of good things but never cared to actually look into the game being a PS exclusive.  This is good news, I may check it out.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6069 on: March 10, 2020, 02:04:04 PM »
Heard lots of good things but never cared to actually look into the game being a PS exclusive.  This is good news, I may check it out.

If I had it on PC I'd be playing it even more. It's a fantastic game, with mouse/keyboard controls, o lawd

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6070 on: March 10, 2020, 08:59:24 PM »
Have you tried Hollow Knight? It is as much Souls/Bloodborne as it is Metroid in my opinion. And it is as challenging as those games, with a lot of memorable bosses. Even the way the story is told and how npc's are handled mirrors the FromSoft games.

I talked about Hollow Knight a few pages back. Amazing game all the way around. I am currently stuck at the Watcher Knights, and the way things have been going, I don't see myself getting past them. I really hate to leave this game as a DNF, but that may be how things end up sadly.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #6071 on: March 10, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »

I talked about Hollow Knight a few pages back. Amazing game all the way around. I am currently stuck at the Watcher Knights, and the way things have been going, I don't see myself getting past them. I really hate to leave this game as a DNF, but that may be how things end up sadly.

Did you do the other two Dreamers already? You can technically save that fight for the very end of the game if you want to.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6072 on: March 10, 2020, 10:12:10 PM »
Yes I did. I did some checking online and am sure I am not as powered up as I could or should be. But I don't know if I have the time or patience to track down power-ups I've missed.

Offline jcmoorehead

« Reply #6073 on: March 11, 2020, 02:52:22 AM »

Not yet I haven't but I'll definitely make a note to check it out!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6074 on: March 13, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »
Last night I had another new Red Dead experience. Came across outlaws robbing a train. Shot 'em all to death, including the passengers (well, they're witnesses, they gotta go!). Then I went into the train and pulled out the other dead people. Then I laid everybody in front of the tracks. THEN I found out you can drive the train, unlike GTA, which has always disappointed me. So I drove over everybody, went back, and omfg, the developers even planned the carnage that would ensue from that. I do not recommend doing that, and if you're squeamish, do not go back to the scene of the crime.  :eek

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6075 on: March 13, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »

I am almost there I think. Unfortunately my voluntarily work and job got very busy so I put it on hold. But the game is kicking my ass even more now that it has been a while  :-\ Maybe I'll do a fresh new game in the future, to get a hold of the mechanics again. I don't play a lot of 2d games so I am not very good at them unfortunately. So it is not second nature for me to just be good at it again.

But still, one of the best games of this generation in my opinion, I already got a good amount of hours out of it.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6076 on: March 13, 2020, 11:30:56 AM »
I've bought way more games than I can possibly get through entirely.  The lack of hours in a single day will never allow me to catch up.  This is just games I'm talking about.  Not to mention all the movies, tv series and YouTube videos.  Fuck!  :lol

Last night I had another new Red Dead experience. Came across outlaws robbing a train. Shot 'em all to death, including the passengers (well, they're witnesses, they gotta go!). Then I went into the train and pulled out the other dead people. Then I laid everybody in front of the tracks. THEN I found out you can drive the train, unlike GTA, which has always disappointed me. So I drove over everybody, went back, and omfg, the developers even planned the carnage that would ensue from that. I do not recommend doing that, and if you're squeamish, do not go back to the scene of the crime.  :eek

Oh shit Katt!  Now that's gonna make me go do that.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6077 on: March 13, 2020, 12:05:03 PM »

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6078 on: March 13, 2020, 04:28:10 PM »
Wanted something else to play on my Switch so I ended up getting Mario Odyssey, finally. Im having fun with it. Mainly getting as many Moons as I can right away, not gonna bother with Sand Kingdom cause thats a lot of time I'd be spending there.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #6079 on: March 13, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »

---

I liked Fallen Order's take on soulsgames but as you said it had problems. They took out the most annoying soulsgame feature (running back to a boss after death) but there was no fast travel. Kind of annoying. I really disliked running around the Wookie planet and the Darth Maul planet.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6080 on: March 13, 2020, 05:25:57 PM »
This is amazing:

https://uncensoredlibrary.com/en

Wow, that is amazing! Even though I've never been into Minecraft, this is a great achievement.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6081 on: March 13, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »
This is amazing:

https://uncensoredlibrary.com/en

Holy shit that is amazing  Though I wonder, doesn't making a video like this just increase chances that those governments will block Minecraft?

Wanted something else to play on my Switch so I ended up getting Mario Odyssey, finally. Im having fun with it. Mainly getting as many Moons as I can right away, not gonna bother with Sand Kingdom cause thats a lot of time I'd be spending there.

It is a great game, but I was playing Astro Bot and Mario Galaxy around the same time and to me those games were both more exciting.

Still, taken as a whole Odyssey is a great adventure and there are a lot of thing that put a smile on my face, especially later on. It is the one Switch game I'd like to see a sequel for the most. It is also packed with content.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6082 on: March 13, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »
I'm very surprised they didn't release any DLC worlds for Odyssey. I really hope they announce a sequel this year, the timing is right.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6083 on: March 13, 2020, 08:56:36 PM »
Honestly 2020 seems a bit quiet on the Switch front, regarding major Nintendo releases. 2019 was great but with a console in it's prime years, I expect no gaps on that front.

In regards to Mario, I hope they release 3d World (the WiiU title). I honestly find it confusing they haven't done that/announced that already, given the other games they ported (and how well those sold).

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6084 on: March 13, 2020, 09:03:20 PM »
Downloaded Ori and the Blind Forest from Steam for $5. Don't know anything about it but have read good reviews and can't beat that price.

Also played a couple Rusty Lake 'Escape the Room' games for quick, easy fun.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6085 on: March 14, 2020, 06:47:44 AM »

Hey I just picked this up as well, going to spend some time playing today and tomorrow.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6086 on: March 14, 2020, 09:18:22 AM »

Hey I just picked this up as well, going to spend some time playing today and tomorrow.

It's pretty neat. I like the world set-up, and how they already put so much to do in the beginning. Some of the Door areas are a good challenge, because if you fall, you start from the beginning, it sucks when you're one jump away then fall.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6087 on: March 14, 2020, 09:24:32 AM »
I decided to pick up the Battle Royale genre again yesterday with the new and free Call of Duty Warzone mode.  A nice take on the genre with a 1 on 1 if you die to get back into the game, or if you lose that your team can still buy you back in and also play mini games to earn that cash while playing the main BR.  Gives a little something more to do than just loot and a little hope for those for die before the rest of the team dies.  Got a few of my old PUBG friends playing last night and it was a blast.  We even won a game which had my blood pumping like old times, I miss that excitement in games.  I guess I found what I'll be doing during these "stay at home" times we are in.

The ending of our win: https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1238696134417227776

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6088 on: March 14, 2020, 11:22:59 AM »
I heard about warzone going free, I think I'll queue up the download to try it out

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6089 on: March 14, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »
I would love to see Mario 3D World come to Switch. In the brief time I owned a Wii U it was (I think) the last game I bought for it, and I loved everything about it except those super rare times you had to blow into the tablet. I'm not a fan of the Galaxy games at all but I'd buy them if they released them on Switch and I could use my pro controller to play the whole thing.

I'm absolutely buying Animal Crossing next Friday, though. Doom Eternal is on my wishlist but I haven't even gotten around to the first one yet!