Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481117 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #5985 on: February 07, 2020, 06:40:28 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen.  :)

I need me one of these beauties.

I could also use the CYCON COUCHMASTER for my couch gaming needs. Uuuuugh. I got douche chills typing that  :lol

Yeah, but it made perfect sense.  :)

Nice wood, too.   

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5986 on: February 07, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
Nice wood, too.   

Dunno how you can say that, it's hidden by the couchmaster.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #5987 on: February 07, 2020, 08:37:38 AM »
Everyone knows I have the best wood in town.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5988 on: February 07, 2020, 08:54:06 AM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5989 on: February 07, 2020, 07:48:59 PM »
I just started Final Fantasy XV's chapter 4. I might be biased to 1-9 (and 10), but... this game kinda sucks so far. Like, there's very few things that are good about it. I hope it picks up soon. I will mostly be playing Red Dead this weekend since I can devote large stretches of time to it.

And I'm this close to pre-ordering Animal Crossing: New Horizons and it's really taking a lot of self control not to do it
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5990 on: February 08, 2020, 10:20:13 AM »
I just started Final Fantasy XV's chapter 4. I might be biased to 1-9 (and 10), but... this game kinda sucks so far. Like, there's very few things that are good about it. I hope it picks up soon. I will mostly be playing Red Dead this weekend since I can devote large stretches of time to it.

And I'm this close to pre-ordering Animal Crossing: New Horizons and it's really taking a lot of self control not to do it

Sadly it gets worse. Imagine going across a bridge that is fully built at the start, but becomes less and less built as you go along till you get to the end and there's nothing. They basically ran out of time, which is hilarious considering how long it was in development, and just released it. So they cut HUGE parts of the game and it jumps from the dead middle of the game to the end in like a heartbeat.

I wanted to love XV so bad and there was a lot of potential there, but its an unfinished game essentially.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #5991 on: February 08, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
I might as well share this.  This is a clip of a World of Warcraft guild clearing the final raid of the expansion and is the first to do so worldwide.  First time a guild from North America has cleared a WoW raid first before anyone else in like about a decade (usually it's this guild, Method, that always clears the raid first worldwide).  Just hear their reactions when they cleared it.  Also, this stream had what I believe is Tool playing in the background.

Also, the esports team associated with this guild is Complexity which is owned by Jerry Jones of the Cowboys, so at least, something that he is a owner of got to win something.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyMoldyTofuSpicyBoy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:55:07 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5992 on: February 09, 2020, 10:04:23 AM »

Sadly it gets worse. Imagine going across a bridge that is fully built at the start, but becomes less and less built as you go along till you get to the end and there's nothing. They basically ran out of time, which is hilarious considering how long it was in development, and just released it. So they cut HUGE parts of the game and it jumps from the dead middle of the game to the end in like a heartbeat.

I wanted to love XV so bad and there was a lot of potential there, but its an unfinished game essentially.

EPIC RANT DELETED. Holy shit this game sucks. Let's just say I just now finished chapter 13 and I hate almost everything about this game, and it makes me uncharacteristically angry just to play it. What a terribly made game  :lol
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 10:10:31 AM by Kattelox »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5993 on: February 09, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »
Oh no, not Chapter 13. I should have warned you  :lol

What the hell were they thinking  :facepalm:

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5994 on: February 09, 2020, 10:19:54 AM »

Dude after like a thousand other things they've done wrong (things that are inexcusable from Square of all RPG makers), chapter 13 was the cherry on this shit sundae of a video game. This game makes 13 look like a work of art by comparison. I'm very likely never going to play this one again. Jesus, what were they thinking indeed

EDIT: Made it to the Cerberus fight, ran out of healing items because you have to heal every half second and Cerberus is a dick. This game is dildos
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:04:12 PM by Kattelox »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5995 on: February 09, 2020, 11:43:59 AM »
Anyone ever play Far Cry Blood Dragon?   It's a stand-alone DLC, not a full game, but it's awesome.  I love it.  I'm 99% done and should finish it off tonight, if all goes well. 

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #5996 on: February 09, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »
Anyone ever play Far Cry Blood Dragon?   It's a stand-alone DLC, not a full game, but it's awesome.  I love it.  I'm 99% done and should finish it off tonight, if all goes well.
Oh yeah! I think I enjoyed that a Far Cry :neverusethis: more than Far Cry 3. It was an awesome slice of nostalgia wrapped in a slick shooter.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #5997 on: February 09, 2020, 03:54:53 PM »
I heard Blood Dragon was great but I never played it. 80s nostalgia doesn't do much for Herrick.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5998 on: February 10, 2020, 07:22:23 AM »

Dude after like a thousand other things they've done wrong (things that are inexcusable from Square of all RPG makers), chapter 13 was the cherry on this shit sundae of a video game. This game makes 13 look like a work of art by comparison. I'm very likely never going to play this one again. Jesus, what were they thinking indeed

EDIT: Made it to the Cerberus fight, ran out of healing items because you have to heal every half second and Cerberus is a dick. This game is dildos
Eh, Chapter 13 was lame but overall I enjoyed FFXV just fine.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5999 on: February 10, 2020, 07:36:16 AM »

The game was a rollercoaster for me. Sometimes I would be having a blast, then it would just take all that fun away with me with the absolutely baffling design decisions made, or constantly putting you into situations where you're spamming healing. Some parts of the story were amazing and the cutscenes were incredible (all of chapter 9, more or less, was awesome). Then others completely undid the good stuff. For example I left most of the settings at default because they worked fine, but for several pivotal cutscenes at the end of the game, I literally couldn't hear a word the characters were saying because the BGM was so loud (the train in particular, as well as the scene with the Crystal and Ardyn - did not catch a word of what was being said). It's a lot of fundamental design choices that are unexcusable from the company that created Final Fantasy. I'm aware that the old guard jump shipped ages ago and all that good trivia, but it's no excuse for some of the ways this game is designed. The car especially. Way to instantly make your game boring by taking away all control from the character

Great story - terrible execution - no excuse for key scenes to happen off-screen the way they did (Regis, Ravus...).

However... now that the story is done and I'm free to just roam around doing hunts, I am having much more fun, and almost none of the story BS is bothering me.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6000 on: February 10, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »
Oh yeah! I think I enjoyed that a Far Cry :neverusethis: more than Far Cry 3. It was an awesome slice of nostalgia wrapped in a slick shooter.

I was playing a little yesterday afternoon, and my wife walked in right at the end; it was in the middle of one of the last cut scenes (SPOILER ALERT, BUT NECESSARY - where Rex and Dr. Darling sleep together) and I said "as soon as this cut scene is done, I'll turn it off", and so she sat down.   It was vintage 80's action movie - I kept thinking "Tom Cruise in Top Gun" - and my wife looked at me and said "Are you kidding me?" in that way she does when things like video games, Kiss, and Star Wars come up.   :) :) :)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6001 on: February 10, 2020, 08:53:12 AM »

The game was a rollercoaster for me. Sometimes I would be having a blast, then it would just take all that fun away with me with the absolutely baffling design decisions made, or constantly putting you into situations where you're spamming healing. Some parts of the story were amazing and the cutscenes were incredible (all of chapter 9, more or less, was awesome). Then others completely undid the good stuff. For example I left most of the settings at default because they worked fine, but for several pivotal cutscenes at the end of the game, I literally couldn't hear a word the characters were saying because the BGM was so loud (the train in particular, as well as the scene with the Crystal and Ardyn - did not catch a word of what was being said). It's a lot of fundamental design choices that are unexcusable from the company that created Final Fantasy. I'm aware that the old guard jump shipped ages ago and all that good trivia, but it's no excuse for some of the ways this game is designed. The car especially. Way to instantly make your game boring by taking away all control from the character

Great story - terrible execution - no excuse for key scenes to happen off-screen the way they did (Regis, Ravus...).

However... now that the story is done and I'm free to just roam around doing hunts, I am having much more fun, and almost none of the story BS is bothering me.

Yeah The Story was very tedious for me. Although the cutscene with Leviathan was the best part of it.

The hunts are where its at. Some are pretty tough. I hate those machine monsters.

Edit:  The highly detailed food is pretty neat though and looks good. Which is one odd thing about the game, a detail that should've gone to the gameplay.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:48:52 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6002 on: February 15, 2020, 02:49:16 PM »
Spent some time yesterday going through old footage of RDR2 and found this gem, had me laughing so hard and I totally forgot about it.  Such a classic RDR2 stupid moment, so well timed and also such a good payback to me for being such a troll normally.  It's like the RDR2 gods were watching.  https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1228489309554200577  :rollin

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6003 on: February 15, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »
Spent some time yesterday going through old footage of RDR2 and found this gem, had me laughing so hard and I totally forgot about it.  Such a classic RDR2 stupid moment, so well timed and also such a good payback to me for being such a troll normally.  It's like the RDR2 gods were watching.  https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1228489309554200577  :rollin
:lmao:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6004 on: February 16, 2020, 07:57:52 PM »
South Park: Fractured But Whole gold edition is on sale... $80, down to $24. I had $12 left in my wallet from a gift card, so I downloaded the whole gold edition and it really only cost me $14.21 in the end. Freaking sweet. I've been waiting basically since the game first came out to grab it for a sweet price and that was perfect timing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6005 on: February 16, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »
That's definitely a fun play through. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6006 on: February 17, 2020, 06:10:07 PM »
Starting to really get into Escape from Tarkov. As someone that's played primarily FPS games for years specifically military style shooters EFT scratches an itch for me.
It's a brutal russian game with no holding hand what so ever and when you die you loose everything you had on you.

Maybe that dosen't sound fun for some people but the thing is, because of that every round is so fucking intense and you're on full alert whenever you find good loot however the feeling of exiting in time with really good loot is so rewarding.

The saying is: "Tarkov giveth Tarkov taketh"  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6007 on: February 17, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
That game really caught on, but seems incredibly boring to me.

Meanwhile I continue to do meaningless tasks in RDR2  :lol saved enough gold to buy a new horse, her name is Richard

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6008 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »
Starting to really get into Escape from Tarkov. As someone that's played primarily FPS games for years specifically military style shooters EFT scratches an itch for me.
It's a brutal russian game with no holding hand what so ever and when you die you loose everything you had on you.

Maybe that dosen't sound fun for some people but the thing is, because of that every round is so fucking intense and you're on full alert whenever you find good loot however the feeling of exiting in time with really good loot is so rewarding.

I don't think I've ever heard of this game, is it like an FPS rougelike?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6009 on: February 17, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard of this game, is it like an FPS rougelike?
It's a hardcore tactical FPS with surviving and RPG elements.
I think it's easier to watch a video like this to get a sense of it:
https://youtu.be/9kSummXbVkk
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6010 on: February 17, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
Watching now, looks pretty good at first glance. . . .

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6011 on: February 17, 2020, 06:57:24 PM »
Watching now, looks pretty good at first glance. . . .
I think it's good for me to say, this is not a game for everyone as simple as that, it can be brutal and unforgiving and simply not "fun" in that sense but if you want a challenge and likes being tactical in FPS games you should definitely give it a try.
It's a unique game in the sense that it definitely will not hold your hand.

Offline H2

« Reply #6012 on: February 18, 2020, 10:15:09 AM »
Anyone into Melee? I'm an instructor at my university and showed up to the past two weekly Melee tournaments on campus run by the esports club. One of my students is a smasher, which was pretty funny. I got wrecked at the tournament tho (but am improving)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6013 on: February 18, 2020, 11:27:24 AM »
Anyone into Melee? I'm an instructor at my university and showed up to the past two weekly Melee tournaments on campus run by the esports club. One of my students is a smasher, which was pretty funny. I got wrecked at the tournament tho (but am improving)

I've been a diehard Melee fan for 18 years. Competitive Melee rules. I think it's long past its prime, but at least up until Smash Ultimate came out in 2018, it had 16 years of solid, legendary competition. There's an amazing documentary series here on Melee that covers the early days of the game's competitive scene up to the early 2010s. It's a bit out of date now but is such an entertaining, informative documentary if you have any interest in that scene and why your students are obsessed with such an old game.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6014 on: February 18, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
Melee is still the best Smash game IMO

Offline H2

« Reply #6015 on: February 20, 2020, 09:39:06 PM »
Yeah, I saw the smash documentary. So cool. IDK, I think loads of people still play the game. I've only played a bit of Ultimate, but Melee seems to have more depth.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6016 on: February 24, 2020, 06:02:11 PM »
Finished The Outer Worlds, great game. It starts a little bit slow but really picks up. Took me almost 26 hours to beat the whole thing with the exception of a few side quests.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6017 on: February 24, 2020, 08:47:30 PM »
Just wrapped up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Being a massive fan of the franchise, this is one of the funniest games ever made. When I want to replay it I'm going to play The Stick of Truth again because that's hilarious too and it's super short by comparison. Laughed my ass off from start to finish.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6018 on: February 24, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »
Just wrapped up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Being a massive fan of the franchise, this is one of the funniest games ever made. When I want to replay it I'm going to play The Stick of Truth again because that's hilarious too and it's super short by comparison. Laughed my ass off from start to finish.

Think I'll get that soon. Wasnt sure if it was as short as TSOT, glad to know it's a good length.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6019 on: February 25, 2020, 05:45:41 AM »

Think I'll get that soon. Wasnt sure if it was as short as TSOT, glad to know it's a good length.

I'm pretty sure I 100%ed The Stick of Truth in something like 15 hours. I'm 25 hours into The Fractured But Whole (maybe like 1-2 hours of AFK time in there, though) and haven't even touched the DLC or 100%ed the main game (but I'm close). It's definitely packed with more content and a longer story. Definitely worth picking up although I still would wait for a sale.