Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One  (Read 481746 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Video Game Thread v. Wii4One
« Reply #6160 on: March 31, 2020, 10:47:20 AM »
Anyone into Satisfactory?

I've played a bunch recently and it's so addictive it's should be illegal. A game I could easily kill hours in.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6161 on: March 31, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »
I have it but haven't touched it in a few months. I really enjoyed it though. It was basically a 3d Factorio which is another game I sunk hours, and hours in.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6162 on: March 31, 2020, 12:12:38 PM »
I missed Dark Forces I, but holy shit did I love Dark Forces II (Jedi Knight) and its sequel Jedi Outcast.

Jedi Outcast was a great game! I am sure I played Dark Forces 2 but honestly cannot say for certain. I know I started Jedi Academy but don't recall if I finished it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6163 on: March 31, 2020, 05:19:43 PM »
I have it but haven't touched it in a few months. I really enjoyed it though. It was basically a 3d Factorio which is another game I sunk hours, and hours in.
I've also owned it for sometime but haven't played it for a couple of months. A friend bought it the other day so I decided to install it again.
One of the coolest things about this game is to just stand still and watch the production line, it's so satisfying seeing everything in motion. I mean you can actually go and look how the Assembler builds the induvidual parts, so cool and easy to ignore. You can hear when the water pipes fills with water and you can follow the stream by sound. I love small and subtle things like that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6164 on: March 31, 2020, 05:39:11 PM »
I'm really loving Call of Duty Warzone, starting to get much better at it (not good, but better) and even had a 10 kill game the other day.  7 wins total including a great game last night winning with 2 out of the 3 last kills (one with a grenade  :metal).  I'm mostly pretty bored home and just making multiple clips a day now and sharing them on twitter.  I have my first win video on youtube, and another 3 full game wins that are worthy or interesting enough to make into youtube videos plus a highlight video done with a stockpile of clips adding up for the next one.  That's ontop of my never ending stockpile of RDR2 online clips and trolls... I think my newest RDR2 video is my best  :lol RDR2 Online Fun Volume 8

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6165 on: April 01, 2020, 07:06:31 AM »
Going to check out the rdr video now.

I'm having a blast in warzone. I mainly play solo unless some of my buddies are online to play. Teaming up with randos sucks most of the time. I'm getting better too, usually 4-5 kill per game. I really shine in the gulag, I usually win 90% of the time.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6166 on: April 01, 2020, 07:14:59 PM »
I can't stop playing Planet Coaster.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6167 on: April 02, 2020, 05:52:05 AM »
Damn that's an awesome park! I could never really get into Planet Coaster, it's probably because I have zero creativity.  Is it just me or does that park look small?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6168 on: April 02, 2020, 07:54:59 AM »
Thanks. That's just a corner of a larger park I'm working on. It's connected by monorail. I like taking my time and detailing my parks out rather than just shoot for the objectives.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:37:43 AM by Chino »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6169 on: April 02, 2020, 02:12:24 PM »
Here's something I thought would never happen due to the virus.  I pre-ordered RE3 Remake but only put 5 bucks down to reserve it.  GameStop is only doing curbside pickup.  So, I called the dude at GameStop and asked him how they are accepting payment.  He said they don't accept cash or debit cards.  Apparently the computer only recognizes debit cards as cash and it doesn't process the transaction.  So, since I don't have a credit card, the only way I can pay for my game tomorrow is to purchase GameStop gift cards either at a retail outlet, grocery store or online.  :lol

Amazon delivers digital gift cards through email in a bout 5 mins! Never thought I'd have to buy myself gift cards in order to pay for a video game.  Crazy!! :mehlin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6170 on: April 02, 2020, 03:18:47 PM »
I was so ready to buy RE3 Remake day one, but I heard its only like 5 hours and there's almost no extra features.  FFVII remake drops next week and that's like 50+ hours, so I think I'll put my 60 bucks toward that :P

When RE3 gets down in price a little, I do want to buy it though

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6171 on: April 02, 2020, 03:27:15 PM »
I was so ready to buy RE3 Remake day one, but I heard its only like 5 hours and there's almost no extra features.  FFVII remake drops next week and that's like 50+ hours, so I think I'll put my 60 bucks toward that :P

I actually pre-ordered both, so I had to buy 2 $100 gift cards so I can pick up FFVII Remake next week.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6172 on: April 02, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »
It's the first holiday celebration for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Bunny Day - festive egg-themed furniture and clothing designs available from eggs you collect until the 12th. I have already invested over 100 hours into this game, and my themed room is coming along nicely. Cheers to splent for helping me collect the final outfit I needed, the sky egg one :)

From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6173 on: April 03, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »
It's the first holiday celebration for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Bunny Day - festive egg-themed furniture and clothing designs available from eggs you collect until the 12th. I have already invested over 100 hours into this game, and my themed room is coming along nicely. Cheers to splent for helping me collect the final outfit I needed, the sky egg one :)

Nice. I'm not into the Egg theme. But collecting them anyways.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6174 on: April 03, 2020, 08:51:11 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind I've been drinking
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:12:42 PM by ReaperKK »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6175 on: April 05, 2020, 06:59:23 AM »
Checked out the FFVII remake demo. It looks spot on, love it in that regard. Combat feels good too. But honestly I found the dialogue and cutscene direction to be really subpar. There are there weird little pauses and almost childish quirks (how they sigh, animate) when people talk. Overall, the timing between the lines between characters felt off. I think it is the director Nomura. Every game with him as a director has this.

I am playing the original on the Switch and I am really enjoying it. Sure, the character models outside of combat are horrendous, but there is something really cozy/characteristic about the environments and the music remains sublime. I played FFVII's first half like ten years ago, on my PS3, when I was 19-20, and I have a lot of nostalgia for it. There is something about the PS1 era FF games that is mostly unmatched in other RPG's I have played. The sheer variety of locales and the pacing between major story events is so great in these games. They really feel like grand trips/adventures going from locale to locale, constantly switching it up. But it is probably extremely expensive to realise something like that in the HD era of AAA 3D graphics.

And talking remakes, apparently the Resident Evil 3 remake is like 4-5 hours long and there is even a good amount of content cut from the original. That is a terrible value proposition to be honest. I haven't played 2 yet, and that one is cheap (and short too) now, so I will probably get it in the coming weeks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6176 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:24 AM »
Checked out the FFVII remake demo. It looks spot on, love it in that regard. Combat feels good too. But honestly I found the dialogue and cutscene direction to be really subpar. There are there weird little pauses and almost childish quirks (how they sigh, animate) when people talk. Overall, the timing between the lines between characters felt off. I think it is the director Nomura. Every game with him as a director has this.

I am playing the original on the Switch and I am really enjoying it. Sure, the character models outside of combat are horrendous, but there is something really cozy/characteristic about the environments and the music remains sublime. I played FFVII's first half like ten years ago, on my PS3, when I was 19-20, and I have a lot of nostalgia for it. There is something about the PS1 era FF games that is mostly unmatched in other RPG's I have played. The sheer variety of locales and the pacing between major story events is so great in these games. They really feel like grand trips/adventures going from locale to locale, constantly switching it up. But it is probably extremely expensive to realise something like that in the HD era of AAA 3D graphics.

FFVII is my favorite game ever made, so I am super psyched for Friday  :metal

And talking remakes, apparently the Resident Evil 3 remake is like 4-5 hours long and there is even a good amount of content cut from the original. That is a terrible value proposition to be honest. I haven't played 2 yet, and that one is cheap (and short too) now, so I will probably get it in the coming weeks.

Totally agree. RE2 remake was my game of the year last year, and I couldn't wait for RE3 Remake but not how they delivered it. It didn't need to come out immediately one year later and I wish they would have taken more time with it to make a more fully fleshed out game.

Its missing one of the centerpieces of the original, the clock tower. And its missing the zoo as well. And overall, beside a quick couple hour single player campaign there's not a lot in there. I'll bite when it goes down in price, but not the full $60

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:41:20 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #6177 on: April 05, 2020, 09:53:35 AM »
Also, those who are looking for single player experiencies for cheap should check out Bethesdas games from this generation (the publisher). Some of these have been severely overlooked.

-Dishonored 2
-Evil Within
-Evil Within 2
-Wolfenstein New Order
-Wolfenstein II
-Prey

Dishonored 2 is a great ride and has some of the best (stealth) levels ever made. Seriously, some of it's levels even beat the best modern Hitman has to offer in terms of fantastic level design. 1 was good, but 2 is superior. And it has great variety. Finished it last year. Finished Wolfenstein New Order last year and II yesterday, these games are wild. High production values, lot's of over the top story cutscenes and zany characters and overall fun gameplay. Though ultimately I chose to play them on easy and have me be a force of nature, I think these games are more fun that way. On PC I think the higher difficulties may be more viable, because these games are quite fast. I only played Prey for a bit but it seems like a good Bioshock type of game. Was impressed by its initial two hours. I have yet to check out The Evil Within and it's sequel but they look good. Most of these games are the type of 10-15 hour focused/well paced singleplayer experiences, which overall is my preference.

Thankfully Doom is getting the proper attention now.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6178 on: April 05, 2020, 06:22:07 PM »
Also, those who are looking for single player experiencies for cheap should check out Bethesdas games from this generation (the publisher). Some of these have been severely overlooked.

-Dishonored 2
-Evil Within
-Evil Within 2
-Wolfenstein New Order
-Wolfenstein II
-Prey

Dishonored 2 is a great ride and has some of the best (stealth) levels ever made. Seriously, some of it's levels even beat the best modern Hitman has to offer in terms of fantastic level design. 1 was good, but 2 is superior. And it has great variety. Finished it last year. Finished Wolfenstein New Order last year and II yesterday, these games are wild. High production values, lot's of over the top story cutscenes and zany characters and overall fun gameplay. Though ultimately I chose to play them on easy and have me be a force of nature, I think these games are more fun that way. On PC I think the higher difficulties may be more viable, because these games are quite fast. I only played Prey for a bit but it seems like a good Bioshock type of game. Was impressed by its initial two hours. I have yet to check out The Evil Within and it's sequel but they look good. Most of these games are the type of 10-15 hour focused/well paced singleplayer experiences, which overall is my preference.

I sign under that Prey is an underated singleplayer game. I highly recommend that game for anyone looking for a good singleplayer sci-fi experience in the veins of Bioshock.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #6179 on: April 05, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
I've had to put RDR2 on the backburner for like 2 weeks now because I can't stop with Animal Crossing. I already have 130 hours in AC. With Final Fantasy 7 Remake dropping on Friday, I dunno what I'm gonna do.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6180 on: April 06, 2020, 07:03:08 AM »

-Dishonored 2
-Evil Within
-Evil Within 2
-Wolfenstein New Order
-Wolfenstein II
-Prey

The Wolfenstein games are excellent.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #6181 on: April 06, 2020, 08:09:07 AM »

You might be able to do a speed run in 5 hours, but I just picked it up last Friday and I'm about 15 hours into it on the first play through.  :tup

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6182 on: April 06, 2020, 02:10:02 PM »
I got stalled on Dishonored 2 a couple years back... I just wasn't feeling it (despite Podaar's repeated pushes for me to get on it).  I should probably just re-start the whole thing, cuz I only got a couple hours logged with it.

Still have Prey and one of the Wolfenstein franchises I bought on the cheap (like $5) last year that sit unplayed.  Ditto with God of War 4.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6183 on: April 06, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
I got stalled on Dishonored 2 a couple years back... I just wasn't feeling it (despite Podaar's repeated pushes for me to get on it).  I should probably just re-start the whole thing, cuz I only got a couple hours logged with it.

Still have Prey and one of the Wolfenstein franchises I bought on the cheap (like $5) last year that sit unplayed.  Ditto with God of War 4.

What platform? The Wolfenstein PS3 game was excellent.  Even the multiplayer was good; I even got asked to join a couple clans. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6184 on: April 06, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »

What platform? The Wolfenstein PS3 game was excellent.  Even the multiplayer was good; I even got asked to join a couple clans.

PS4.

I suck monkey balls with multiplayer.  On any game.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6185 on: April 06, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »
It's like I don't even know you guys.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6186 on: April 06, 2020, 03:13:28 PM »

PS4.

I suck monkey balls with multiplayer.  On any game.

Yeah, me too.   My kid gets great mileage making fun of me getting beat up by an 11-year-old in Call of Duty. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6187 on: April 06, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »
I've been getting slaughtered by kids in call of duty almost every night for the last couple weeks  :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6188 on: April 06, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
I've been getting slaughtered by kids in call of duty almost every night for the last couple weeks  :lol

I'm good enough where I'll make it to top 30 fairly consistently in solos but after that I usually get rekd. One of my favorite things about Warzone (and Sea of Thieves had this as well) is hearing people flip out when you kill them over the mic.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6189 on: April 06, 2020, 07:08:56 PM »
Really bad time for my controller to start malfunctioning  :censored
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6190 on: April 06, 2020, 07:41:49 PM »
I'm more interested in playing games, rather than re-spawning every 7 seconds, or 62 times in 7 minutes.  The few times I tried playing MMO (in Crysis 3 iirc), I spent more time running to the play area than actually playing.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #6191 on: April 06, 2020, 09:33:44 PM »
It's like I don't even know you guys.
You sound like my dad. Wait.......dad is that you? :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #6192 on: April 07, 2020, 02:27:33 AM »
Due to the Corona outbreak, Square Enix decided to ship their games early to Europe and Australia.

Which means...I've been playing the FFVII Remake since last friday. :metal :metal :metal

It is AWESOME, you guys! I thought the Resident Evil 2 remake was the most ambitious remake of all time. Well...this game makes that game look LAZY in comparision. It expands on existing scenes in sometimes subtle ways but most of the time, it really fleshes out the characters. Which is awesome because this way, I really get to know the AVALANCHE members before stuff happens that I don't want to spoil.

Also, it looks AMAZING! The original often talked about the people living in the slums, under the plates, that couldn't even see the sky for all the rich people living above. Well, now you can just look up and see it for yourself. It's breath taking.

I also love the combat system. SO improved over the lackluster FFXV combat, where I never really felt that I was in control. It feels awesome to attack, rise my ATB meter and then unleash a cool ability, and then switch to Barret for some macho gun arm action. :hat

One of few gripes I have is the side quests. I appreciate them being quite short and clearly marked on both the map and in the menu (and the fact that after they've finished, you get the option to transport back to the quest giver automatically), but they're quite dull. And the animation of the quest givers stands out as being quite poor in comparision to Cloud and the rest of the gang.

I'm about 14 hours in and I'm taking my time with it, trying to really appreciate the environments and not miss anything. I'm in seventh heaven right now. :hefdaddy

(Can you tell I'm a FFVII fanboy? Take that into account when you're reading this. :lol )
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #6193 on: April 07, 2020, 06:11:19 AM »
Due to the Corona outbreak, Square Enix decided to ship their games early to Europe and Australia.

Which means...I've been playing the FFVII Remake since last friday. :metal :metal :metal

It is AWESOME, you guys! I thought the Resident Evil 2 remake was the most ambitious remake of all time. Well...this game makes that game look LAZY in comparision. It expands on existing scenes in sometimes subtle ways but most of the time, it really fleshes out the characters. Which is awesome because this way, I really get to know the AVALANCHE members before stuff happens that I don't want to spoil.

Also, it looks AMAZING! The original often talked about the people living in the slums, under the plates, that couldn't even see the sky for all the rich people living above. Well, now you can just look up and see it for yourself. It's breath taking.

I also love the combat system. SO improved over the lackluster FFXV combat, where I never really felt that I was in control. It feels awesome to attack, rise my ATB meter and then unleash a cool ability, and then switch to Barret for some macho gun arm action. :hat

One of few gripes I have is the side quests. I appreciate them being quite short and clearly marked on both the map and in the menu (and the fact that after they've finished, you get the option to transport back to the quest giver automatically), but they're quite dull. And the animation of the quest givers stands out as being quite poor in comparision to Cloud and the rest of the gang.

I'm about 14 hours in and I'm taking my time with it, trying to really appreciate the environments and not miss anything. I'm in seventh heaven right now. :hefdaddy

(Can you tell I'm a FFVII fanboy? Take that into account when you're reading this. :lol )

That is awesome to hear. Just from the demo, I knew they got it right this time.

I sure as hell bitched that 13 was way too linear, but I think they overcorrected with 15 and made this huge expansive world (where there wasn't a whole lot to do).

What I like about VII remake is it balances those two extremes. The midgar story has linear progression, but the environments feel open enough that you don't feel the linearity. Can't wait for Friday

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6194 on: April 07, 2020, 06:44:48 AM »
I'm one of the few people that did not like FFVII  :-[ But I am planning to play remake so thank you for the mini review.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk