Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 171792 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #875 on: June 07, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »
I'm not actively following anymore but I did see some people complain about lack of updates on reddit which is why I thought maybe they were abandoning it.  But that's good if they are continuing to update and fix it.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #876 on: June 07, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »
I'm not actively following anymore but I did see some people complain about lack of updates on reddit which is why I thought maybe they were abandoning it.  But that's good if they are continuing to update and fix it.
They've definitely not abandoned it, recent reports suggested most of their staff are still working on it despite it having already been released.

People speculating about or stating things on reddit should always ALWAYS be taken with a heap of salt.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #877 on: June 07, 2021, 01:25:36 PM »
I think I saw that Cyberpunk sold 13 million copies or something, despite refunds. Even though the game is a mess in many respects, I don't think it makes business sense for them to abandon it. If they can get it up to a decent standard and then release an awesome expansion, the money will start falling from trees again.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #878 on: June 07, 2021, 01:41:11 PM »
I think I saw that Cyberpunk sold 13 million copies or something, despite refunds. Even though the game is a mess in many respects, I don't think it makes business sense for them to abandon it. If they can get it up to a decent standard and then release an awesome expansion, the money will start falling from trees again.
Yea despite the launch disaster it broke some record sales:

As of 20 December 2020, the game sold over 13 million copies worldwide. It had the biggest digital game launch of all time, selling 10.2 million digital units and grossing $609 million in digital sales as of 31 December 2020.

Sure with a solid launch who knows what those numbers actually could've been. If they polish it and brings out solid DLCs they have the potential to turn it around and gain some respect back. No Man's Sky have done it despite what some may say.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #879 on: June 07, 2021, 02:46:09 PM »
Finished Subnautica, excellent game. My base got way more elaborate than I could imagine beforehand and the game has some truly special moments. Only disadvantage for me personally is that some exploration moments were slightly anticlimatic (where I felt I was about to discover some nice alien base in deep tunnels, but it turned out to be another portal I could not interact with yet). But that complaint is very minor in the overall experience.

Yea despite the launch disaster it broke some record sales:

As of 20 December 2020, the game sold over 13 million copies worldwide. It had the biggest digital game launch of all time, selling 10.2 million digital units and grossing $609 million in digital sales as of 31 December 2020.

Sure with a solid launch who knows what those numbers actually could've been. If they polish it and brings out solid DLCs they have the potential to turn it around and gain some respect back. No Man's Sky have done it despite what some may say.

Thinking about it, if I were CD Projekt, I would remain silent and work on a massive update and release it all in one go. Drip feeding it will never impress the people they lost along the way. You gotta have a new "launch" type of event. That is kind of the No Man's Sky approach as well, just sorta dissapear for a while and let the product do it's talking when you have something big to show. And I hope that is what they have been working at.

It sold fantastically well in a very short burst, but I saw some news what 2021 sales weren't looking good and stocks are doing badly. But since they made their money back, they are in the position to course correct.

I am always open to redemtion stories. No Mans Sky and Driveclub are two excellent examples I have played where the devs went above and beyond to make the game people were dreaming off.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #881 on: June 08, 2021, 09:51:50 AM »
Bought Mario 3D world (a rare Nintendo sale occured, got it near half price). Awesome game thus far. I liked 3D land on the 3DS but found the aesthetics to be generic. World is much more varied and does have a good chunk of fun little ideas. Tried a little bit of Bowser's Fury and that seems fun as well. Good package I'd say and a rerelease done well.

Speaking of CP....

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-stolen-data-leak-videos-bug-montage-third-person

They made an actual bug meme video internally?  :lol

I do feel for them in regards to that hack, having all kinds of internal stuff from your workingplace leak out and be dissected by angry gamers does not sound like a good time.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: June 08, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »
Speaking of CP....

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-stolen-data-leak-videos-bug-montage-third-person

They made an actual bug meme video internally?  :lol

I do feel for them in regards to that hack, having all kinds of internal stuff from your workingplace leak out and be dissected by angry gamers does not sound like a good time.

Oh I feel bad for them being hacked too, that's not cool at all.  But having that video surface is all sorts of  :facepalm:

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #883 on: June 10, 2021, 08:18:59 PM »
For all the Dark Souls fans out there, here goes a trailer for their new game Elden Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDslkTNXbM

Count me in

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #884 on: June 10, 2021, 08:37:11 PM »
Bought Mario 3D world (a rare Nintendo sale occured, got it near half price). Awesome game thus far. I liked 3D land on the 3DS but found the aesthetics to be generic. World is much more varied and does have a good chunk of fun little ideas. Tried a little bit of Bowser's Fury and that seems fun as well. Good package I'd say and a rerelease done well.

I am enjoying Bowser's Fury a bit more than 3D World. They are both fun though. My 10 year old is picking up 3D World faster than I thought she would. She has needed my help on a couple levels, but is up to World 5 mostly on her own. My 3 year old likes to play with us but if things get too hectic just stays in the bubble, and then doesn't understand why she doesn't have many points or ever get to wear the crown.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #885 on: June 11, 2021, 12:04:36 AM »
For all the Dark Souls fans out there, here goes a trailer for their new game Elden Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDslkTNXbM

Count me in
I am beyond excited for this. :metal
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #886 on: June 11, 2021, 11:12:38 AM »
Ooh, I love the designs already. It will be interesting to see how open the world will be and how mounted gameplay will play out.

Difficultywise I hope they stay away from the really long bossfights, for me they overdid that just a little in Sekiro. It is probably in part due to me not being all that quick, but I never felt that in the other FromSoft titles.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #887 on: June 11, 2021, 06:19:20 PM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/surviving-mars-deluxe-edition-free-game

Any management sim fans may want to check out this deal: surviving mars is pretty fun, and its free for a couple of days.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #888 on: June 13, 2021, 04:50:59 AM »
I recently bought a Arcade 1up 40th anniversary pacman machine from Wal-mart. It has six other games including Galaga. I assembled it and it is a nice sturdy cabinet and everything seemed to work great.
 It then crapped out on me in less than two weeks. It was fine one night, and the next day I go to turn it on and nothing!  I took the back panel off and checked all the connections and still nothing.
 Anyway, I took it back to Walmart and got a full refund.
I was kind of bummed because these games are a lot of fun. I decided not to by another, as I am now convinced that Arcade 1up products are garbage.
It's funny because I have an old Atari 5200 that is 39 years old and still works great.. lol!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #889 on: June 13, 2021, 10:48:09 PM »
Not much to say about Starfield but i'm excited for it. Interesting that the release date is 11.11.22 when Skyrim was 11.11.11 if I remember correct.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: June 13, 2021, 11:00:48 PM »
I recently bought a Arcade 1up 40th anniversary pacman machine from Wal-mart. It has six other games including Galaga. I assembled it and it is a nice sturdy cabinet and everything seemed to work great.
 It then crapped out on me in less than two weeks. It was fine one night, and the next day I go to turn it on and nothing!  I took the back panel off and checked all the connections and still nothing.
 Anyway, I took it back to Walmart and got a full refund.
I was kind of bummed because these games are a lot of fun. I decided not to by another, as I am now convinced that Arcade 1up products are garbage.
It's funny because I have an old Atari 5200 that is 39 years old and still works great.. lol!

That sucks. My dad bought one of these arcades. I do not know if it was that same one, I just know he got it from Costco. It has a couple Pac-Man games, Galaxy, Galaxian, and Dig Dug. It doesn't get much use, only when the grandkids are there every month or so, but we all enjoy it.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #891 on: June 14, 2021, 03:14:20 AM »
Watched/skimmed through some e3 stuff.

Xbox had a lot of cgi trailers or little bits of teasers that didn't show anything. The Outer Worlds trailer was a spoof on that, but they could've copy pasted that trailer with different logos and I would have had just as much info as now. Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 will be amazing, of that I am sure. And I am interested in Flight Simulator, seems like it looks/runs well on the Series X. Halo keeps looking bad/unimpressive to me, hopefully it will be good.

Squares games look bad. I am not sure how Team Ninja operates but on one hand they made NiOh, on the other hand they made that horrible Marvel game (worst game I bought in the last fifteen years or so). That Final Fantasy action game by them looked rough. And I have zero hype for anything FFVII. Read what they did with the plot of the remake and decided not to bother until the story is finished (and by some miracle it has not turned into a Kingdom Hearts-like trainwreck). I am interested in the Guardians of the Galaxy game by the makers of Dues Ex though, could be a good game.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #892 on: June 14, 2021, 06:02:17 AM »
I'm really trying to not get overly-hyped for this  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9Add371is

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #893 on: June 14, 2021, 07:19:48 AM »
I'm really trying to not get overly-hyped for this  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9Add371is

That does look very good. It is apparently made by the studio behind The Division. Not my type of game, but last I heard The Division 2 was a solid game that looked great, no?

Ubisoft gets a bad rep, but I think their output is quite good in general. I really enjoyed exploring their open worlds and a protip for anyone is to minimize huds in the menus.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #894 on: June 14, 2021, 03:07:57 PM »
I completed Cyberpunk 2077 last night. Honestly, I didn't like it very much, and it wasn't even because of the bugs and lack of polishing. I just found mostly every aspect of this game dull and not very interesting. The setting is kinda cool, but that's about it. It's nice to hear that a lot of people like it despite the technical flaws, but this game just isn't for me.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2021, 06:30:04 AM »
I completed Cyberpunk 2077 last night. Honestly, I didn't like it very much, and it wasn't even because of the bugs and lack of polishing. I just found mostly every aspect of this game dull and not very interesting. The setting is kinda cool, but that's about it. It's nice to hear that a lot of people like it despite the technical flaws, but this game just isn't for me.

I've definitely heard that sentiment elsewhere too. I personally was really captivated by the characters and story, and found the setting to be visually stunning (albeit a bit lifeless). What a strange game. Opinions are all over the place! :lol

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2021, 07:46:41 AM »
I got maybe couple hours into Cyberpunk before losing interest and putting it down

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #897 on: June 15, 2021, 11:15:07 AM »
I didn't even get close to two hours into it.  Cyberpunk should be changed to Cyberjunk.  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: June 15, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
It wasn't some great game, but I really didn't think it was THAT bad.  It was a modern Fallout IMO, probably better than Fallout 4 but not as good as New Vegas or Fallout 3.  (I never played the Witcher games).

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #899 on: June 15, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »
I didn't like Fallout 4 either.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: June 15, 2021, 04:55:02 PM »

OOC, did you like the Witcher? I feel like everyone has rated that over CP.  Is it possible these types of games have peaked?  I guess we will find out with Starfield, but while a lot of people are drooling over it.  I'm kind of "let's wait and see" on it. 

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: June 15, 2021, 11:24:33 PM »
So glad to hear that A Plague Tale Innocencr will get a follow up next year.
Really loved that game.

Will probably have to upgrade my PC though.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #902 on: June 16, 2021, 08:21:09 AM »

OOC, did you like the Witcher? I feel like everyone has rated that over CP.  Is it possible these types of games have peaked?  I guess we will find out with Starfield, but while a lot of people are drooling over it.  I'm kind of "let's wait and see" on it.

I played The Witcher for like an hour and got sidetracked by something better.  Tried to go back to it and it just wasn't happening.  :dunno:

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #903 on: June 16, 2021, 08:34:06 AM »

Witcher 3 is probably my favorite game. Its combination of characters, storytelling, and world will be hard to top. I'm not sure that I would group it with Bethesda games because those are more of a sandbox, but I may also be nitpicking. Either way, very intrigued by Starfield.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: June 16, 2021, 08:50:14 AM »

I played The Witcher for like an hour and got sidetracked by something better.  Tried to go back to it and it just wasn't happening.  :dunno:

Maybe these games aren't for you? 

I honestly can't believe I haven't played anything besides COD in so long now.  Kind of sad, but there just hasn't been any games lately that get me interested.  The positive is I haven't spent any money on games in a long time. The new battlefield and Halo have potential to knock COD down a peg though and I'm hoping they do so.  I'm not nearly as excited about the 2021 version of COD this fall (which apparently will be WW2 themed... meh)

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #905 on: June 16, 2021, 09:49:01 AM »

Maybe these games aren't for you? 

I honestly can't believe I haven't played anything besides COD in so long now.  Kind of sad, but there just hasn't been any games lately that get me interested.  The positive is I haven't spent any money on games in a long time. The new battlefield and Halo have potential to knock COD down a peg though and I'm hoping they do so.  I'm not nearly as excited about the 2021 version of COD this fall (which apparently will be WW2 themed... meh)

It's hard to say because I may not have given them due diligence.  My attention span is very short, so if the beginning of a game doesn't grab me right away, there's a good chance I probably won't finish it.  The COD series is pretty good, but most of those I haven't finished either.  Battlefield is cool and I tend to finish those because I like the games that are based on real war stories.  I wish EA would bring back the Medal of Honor series.  Those were my favs.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
Trying to decide what game to get on the Epic game store as my $10 coupons expires tomorrow. Already own more games than I can ever play in my lifetime. I was originally planning to get Control to try and flex my 3080 Ti on 4k Ultra. But luckily Epic decided to make that game available for free.

During their last sale and coupon dump, I grabbed Subnautica which I still haven't got to. Maybe I'll get Fallen Order to add to the pile that I will never get to lol.

"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #907 on: June 16, 2021, 11:20:25 AM »
I liked Control and Fallen Order, but they both never got finished.  Big surprise there! :lol  On the other hand, I'm on my 4th play through of RE Village.  :hefdaddy

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: June 16, 2021, 02:55:54 PM »
Control and Fallen Order were both fantastic games. My only gripe with Fallen Order was the back tracking you had to do after clearing an area.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #909 on: June 17, 2021, 01:46:57 PM »
Just checked out the Battlefield 2042 trailer in the PlayStation Store.  Damn, that is gonna be one sick ass game!  :2metal: