Author Topic: The Benefits of Home Ownership?  (Read 102497 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Benefits of Home Ownership?
« Reply #1365 on: April 01, 2024, 12:56:54 PM »
That's been me since last December.  I have had a negative balance with the electric company of at least -$350 since then.

Any idea how to collect that money?  my electric company bill is similar, I think closer to -$500. Obviously we have different providers, but maybe there's some similar process.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1366 on: April 01, 2024, 12:57:55 PM »
Any idea how to collect that money?  my electric company bill is similar, I think closer to -$500. Obviously we have different providers, but maybe there's some similar process.

I have no idea; I'm still trying to get the state-level rebate that comes with the production (whether I use it or it goes back to the grid).

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1367 on: April 01, 2024, 01:10:30 PM »
I just got to pay $175 for a drain guy to pull a stick of deodorant out of my kids' toilet.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1368 on: April 01, 2024, 01:21:59 PM »
I just got to pay $175 for a drain guy to pull a stick of deodorant out of my kids' toilet.

jingle.son dropped his airpods case down the toliet a couple years back.  I just took the toilet off and replaced it.  Smashed the toilet after we got it off, but the airpods were hooped.

Sounds like you would've been better off to do the same thing!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1369 on: April 01, 2024, 02:33:34 PM »
jingle.son dropped his airpods case down the toliet a couple years back.  I just took the toilet off and replaced it.  Smashed the toilet after we got it off, but the airpods were hooped.

Sounds like you would've been better off to do the same thing!
Had I known that's what it was I would have done it myself. All I knew is that it was clogged and the plunger and auger weren't working.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1370 on: April 01, 2024, 02:41:04 PM »
What does "hooped" mean?  Is that Canad for "jacked"? 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1371 on: April 01, 2024, 02:43:57 PM »
What does "hooped" mean?

I had the same question.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: April 01, 2024, 02:50:30 PM »
What does "hooped" mean?  Is that Canad for "jacked"?

Don't think it's Canad specific at all.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooped
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #1373 on: April 01, 2024, 08:42:13 PM »
That's been me since last December.  I have had a negative balance with the electric company of at least -$350 since then.

My first bill was a little lower than usual. The next month I had a negative bill. Then this month it's $300. I'm like what the fuck?
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1374 on: April 01, 2024, 09:14:45 PM »
Don't think it's Canad specific at all.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hooped

Never heard that over here either.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1375 on: April 02, 2024, 06:30:17 AM »

WOW, this is getting worse. I've never heard the "ass" referred to as "the hoop", and I WORK IN THE RAIL INDUSTRY and didn't get the rail reference. 

I should go back to sleep.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1376 on: April 02, 2024, 07:52:33 AM »
Never heard that.

I think a Canadian wrote that UD entry.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1377 on: April 02, 2024, 08:23:54 AM »
Never heard it either  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1378 on: April 02, 2024, 08:25:41 AM »
Never heard that.

I think a Canadian wrote that UD entry.

That would explain it then.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1379 on: April 02, 2024, 09:55:20 AM »
Damn! You could build a serious fort under that thing!   

Are you able to generate everything you need with that array, Tesla charging included? Any kind of home battery to go with it?

It's a massive system that should completely cover us. Keeping in mind we use a lot of electricity. We have a heat pump for two of our 3 floors, charge two electric cars (Jennie has a Nissan Leaf), and she has the hot tub now which has continued to be used through the winter.

In total it's 36 ground and 7 roof panels, each being 410w.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1380 on: April 20, 2024, 10:11:48 AM »
My kitchen sink drain decided to clog yesterday. Pulled it all apart and scooped out some stinking gunk. Ended up having to get a long drain auger. Probably got it 30 ft down the drain before it would finally drain. I'm sure I just pushed the clog into a wider pipe at some point so I finally cleared out. What a stinky mess. But proud of myself for fixing the problem for only $37 instead of having to call a plumber

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #1381 on: April 20, 2024, 10:32:22 AM »
My bathroom sink is also clogged. I tried to detach the thing drain plug and just clean that off, it helped some but I will need to buy one of those plastic snakes to clear out some of the stinky gunk. Just cleaning the plug was nasty alone.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1382 on: April 20, 2024, 03:51:44 PM »
I haven't tried it on a kitchen sink but for the bathroom sink and tub this stuff worked amazing. Just pour some down the drain then wait for about an hour or so then you should be good to run water to clear anything out. I recommend putting a small bowl or something over the hole in case some gas comes back up but it's a great thing to use once you've done the simple cleaning of the plugs and shallow plastic snake.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Instant-Power-67-6-oz-Hair-and-Grease-Drain-Openers-Chemicals-1970/100169339

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1383 on: April 20, 2024, 07:31:18 PM »
When it comes to bathroom sinks, it seems like gunk builds up around the drain plug, rather than further down into the sink drain. 

My current "fun."  Wife and kids want a pool heater - we have a 24' above ground pool.  We used a solar cover last year, which retains heat already in the water, but isn't the best about building heat.  The water was a temperature we like by late July/early August, but it was a touch cooler all other times. 

Cost of the pool heater - $2,300.  We got 10% off with the pool store's anniversary sale, so about $2,000 plus tax, pushing it back up to $2,200. 

Had a pool contractor give us an estimate to install the natural gas line and run it from the meter to the pool....a distance of 133 feet.  Quote:  $4,200.  I'm sure it's almost all labor cost, but this is looking to be a $6,000 purchase. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1384 on: April 20, 2024, 07:34:19 PM »
So much for the pool heater...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #1385 on: April 20, 2024, 08:40:04 PM »
So much for the pool heater...

I think we'll still do it - it eliminates the complaining from the kids that the water is too cold.  We can invite people over to use the pool and not have to worry if it will be too cold for them to use it.

My wife talked to her step dad and he'll give us the money and we can pay him back monthly, just so we're not seeing a substantial hit to our savings account and can space it out the cost by a few months.  It eases her mind that we're not suddenly broke and can work to replenish the savings a bit quicker than it might seem.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1386 on: April 20, 2024, 08:41:55 PM »
I think we'll still do it - it eliminates the complaining from the kids that the water is too cold.  We can invite people over to use the pool and not have to worry if it will be too cold for them to use it.

:tup