Author Topic: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5  (Read 166581 times)

Offline XeRocks81

Re: Video Game Thread v. Series Xbox One X Series Switch S 5
« Reply #805 on: April 26, 2021, 05:09:44 PM »
yes they’re all available as downloads with the caveat that the switch’s storage capacity is very limited. It can be expanded up to a point with a memory card

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #806 on: April 26, 2021, 05:36:04 PM »
I ended up just ordering a new one with a 128GB micro sd card. Because I'm impatient and wanted it on Wednesday, I had to choose between yellow and coral. I went with Yellow. I would have loved that new blue one that's coming out on 5/21, but who knows when I might actually be able to score one. I'm sure it's going to move like hot cakes. I have no clue why I bought one. I played games on my PS4 for maybe 90 minutes in the last year. I think I wanted something mainly for when I'm sitting outside in my gazebo and tending to my cookers.

I've never actually played a Zelda game in any capacity (the ti-83 plus version I had on my calculator in 8th grade doesn't count). I'm thinking of maybe grabbing Breath of the Wild and seeing what it's all about.

Question for anyone with a Switch - Are all Nintendo titles available for download rather than having to use a cartridge?

Yes.

The way I see it, is they are really utilizing their Nintendo Shop, theirs all kinds of Indie games available. Doesn't mean they're all good, lots of bad games, but it's funny seeing how cheap those are running for now.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #807 on: April 27, 2021, 01:52:21 AM »
I honestly think it is much better to buy a new Switch vs used. That way you will have extended warranty for analog stick drift. And you know for sure you have a fresh battery.

Also, especially if you have not owned a WiiU, the Switch for sure has a lot of great games.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2021, 06:02:09 AM »
Good points.

I ended up ordering (non-digital) Breath of the Wild as well after watching a review on Youtube. Seems like a solid game. I didn't realize it was open world like that and was getting some Skyrim vibes.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: April 27, 2021, 06:22:01 AM »
Good points.

I ended up ordering (non-digital) Breath of the Wild as well after watching a review on Youtube. Seems like a solid game. I didn't realize it was open world like that and was getting some Skyrim vibes.

Breath of the Wild is a fantastic game, I look forward to hearing what you think of it. Now-a-days I use my Switch to play Tetris 99 90% of the time I pick it up.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #810 on: April 27, 2021, 10:43:08 AM »
I'll keep you guys posted.

Amazon is really something else. I ordered that game this morning and it's already arrived  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: April 27, 2021, 10:50:40 AM »
I cancelled my prime a while back because I live so close to a distribution center 80% of stuff I order from amazon under free shipping is here overnight anyway. Their shipping game is on point.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #812 on: April 29, 2021, 07:31:39 AM »
Really digging BotW so far. I like the way the graphics are done. I'm 3/4 of the way through clearing the caves to get my glider. I can't wait to start exploring. I find myself getting a little frustrated trying to change weapons with the d-pad, but once I realized it pauses time when you're switching, it got a little easier.

I'm really digging the device itself too. I bought a travel case for it, and that came with a gel-like slip cover to help protect the unit if you were to drop it. It added a bit of beefiness, and I must say, it feels a lot better in my hands than the device did naked. I was a bit worried about soreness in my thumb like the OG PSP caused, but after about two hours of playing with it last night, I didn't feel any discomfort.

I'm really tempted to pick up the new Pokemon Snap game.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: April 29, 2021, 10:53:22 PM »
Looking forward to these next two releases (tomorrow and June 11, respectively) exclusive to PS5.

As a fan of previous Housemarque games (Super Stardust HD, Resogun) this "third-person sci-fi shooter rogue-lite metroidvania" looks great:

Returnal

Another PS5 exclusive (huge fan of the franchise) looks better with each new trailer:

Ratchet and Clank

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #814 on: April 30, 2021, 03:06:11 AM »
Both seem great. As a longtime fan of Ratchet and Clank, that one is a no brainer for me. Returnal seems like a great new ip and I am glad it reviewed well. Interesting to see a AAA roguelite as well.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2021, 02:52:27 PM »
Portal Reloaded is just a total mindfuck! Now I haven't played Portal for a while so i'm a bit rusty thinking in portals but i'm loving this so far.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #816 on: May 01, 2021, 01:36:33 AM »
Never once have I posted in this thread in all my years on DTF, despite playing games occasionally (or 'often' depending on my own state of mind, sometimes I play a lot, sometimes I don't play anything for weeks on end).

Currently playing Hollow Knight for the first time, two hours in yesterday and enjoying it so far.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #817 on: May 01, 2021, 05:48:50 PM »
Hollow Knight is tough but so good. I need to pick up a new controller and finish it.

Haven't been playing much lately, considering going back and replaying the first two Metroid Prime games as it's been a long while.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #818 on: May 06, 2021, 11:25:59 AM »
My pre-order for Resident Evil VII.I.AGE for PS5 arrives tomorrow.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline faizoff

« Reply #819 on: May 07, 2021, 07:12:46 AM »
Portal Reloaded is just a total mindfuck! Now I haven't played Portal for a while so i'm a bit rusty thinking in portals but i'm loving this so far.
I've been meaning to download it and play it. It's one of the best gaming experience I've had with both iterations, looking forward to the reloaded version.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2021, 01:39:36 PM »
Just bought it on steam. I finished RE2 and 3 remaster recently and did a runthrough of RE7 a couple of months ago. I'm now ready for the next chapter!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline faizoff

« Reply #821 on: May 07, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
Portal Reloaded is amazing so far! So complex! I love the time travel concept added to the portals! I'm having a ton of fun.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #822 on: May 08, 2021, 03:21:45 AM »
Portal Reloaded is amazing so far! So complex! I love the time travel concept added to the portals! I'm having a ton of fun.
Awesome, yea it's great. Alot more challenging than I thought.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #823 on: May 11, 2021, 04:00:19 AM »
Looking forward to playing Resi 8.

Most Resident Evil games have very significant flaws (for me), with the exception of 4 and 7. 4 has the best marriage between gameplay and leveldesign/pacing and the B-film plot/acting fits the game well. 7 is by far the most scariest, has the best puzzles and has the best plot by a long shot. 4 is a top 10 game of all time for me. But for all the other games and the series as a whole the sum of it's parts makes them highly enjoyable. And it is also a series that does not feel stale after so many years (this is in part due to trend following, which is not always a bad thing).

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: May 11, 2021, 06:34:14 AM »
I finished Tomb Raider 2013 a couple days ago and I loved the game. It felt like playing through an action movie without the annoying puzzles that the early playstation games had. I can't wait to get into the other 2 games but I'm going to hold off and please Mass Effect 3 when it gets released.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #825 on: May 11, 2021, 07:28:50 AM »
I finished Tomb Raider 2013 a couple days ago and I loved the game. It felt like playing through an action movie without the annoying puzzles that the early playstation games had. I can't wait to get into the other 2 games but I'm going to hold off and please Mass Effect 3 when it gets released.

One of the best games following the Uncharted wave of late 00's to early 10's, with a few elements I wished Uncharted took as well (treasures having dialouge and plot relevance in particular). It is a great rollercoaster type of game. Unfortunately it's sequels did not really manage to evolve further. Fine games, but I am serious that playing Rise of the Tomb Raider right after Uncharted Lost Legacy felt like a generational gap to me (speaking in console terms). Shadow I have yet to really dive into, but I played the first hour or so.

I played through Tomb Raider 2013 twice and lovwd both playthroughs. I don't have an urge to do the same with Rise at all. And now the devs are making mediocre Avenger content, unfortunately. I really think Square mismanaged their western studios severely. I kind of hope some of them will break free like IO.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #826 on: May 11, 2021, 08:27:13 AM »
Looking forward to playing Resi 8.

Most Resident Evil games have very significant flaws (for me), with the exception of 4 and 7. 4 has the best marriage between gameplay and leveldesign/pacing and the B-film plot/acting fits the game well. 7 is by far the most scariest, has the best puzzles and has the best plot by a long shot. 4 is a top 10 game of all time for me. But for all the other games and the series as a whole the sum of it's parts makes them highly enjoyable. And it is also a series that does not feel stale after so many years (this is in part due to trend following, which is not always a bad thing).

Well, you're in for a treat cause RE8 is the offspring of RE4 & RE7.  Loving it so far!

Just bought it on steam. I finished RE2 and 3 remaster recently and did a runthrough of RE7 a couple of months ago. I'm now ready for the next chapter!

I think you're gonna like it A LOT!  :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: May 11, 2021, 11:00:31 AM »
I just saw this pop up today:

https://www.vive.com/us/product/vive-pro2/overview/

I think I might take the VR plunge. I don't think I'll use it that much so my brother can share it with me

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »
I'm in between some games, but currently focused on replaying Metroid Prime (the Trilogy version) after so many years. Feels good to be back.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »
I'm itching for them to re-release those for the Switch
Photobucket sucks.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #830 on: May 11, 2021, 09:57:28 PM »

I've played 10 hours according to Steam and I think I'm done with over 70% of the game. Can't wait to finish it. Playing it on a 4k system with all details is a fantastic experience. I've played through all the games and really love all the puzzles in each one. I like the rebooted version, before I get the later two I want to grab a high end video card just to play it in 4k with very high detail.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #831 on: May 16, 2021, 06:17:22 AM »
Because I keep getting Subnautica for free and with subscriptions, I finally decided to take the plunge.

Yeah... this is a straight up horror game, don't tell me otherwise. I'd rather run circles in zombie infested corridors with Mr X on my ass in Resident Evil 2 than swimming even remotely close to a sea beast in Subnautica. Even with those colorful, nice looking graphics.

Amazing game btw.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #832 on: May 16, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »
Because I keep getting Subnautica for free and with subscriptions, I finally decided to take the plunge.

Yeah... this is a straight up horror game, don't tell me otherwise. I'd rather run circles in zombie infested corridors with Mr X on my ass in Resident Evil 2 than swimming even remotely close to a sea beast in Subnautica. Even with those colorful, nice looking graphics.

Amazing game btw.
Subnautica is one of my favorite gaming experiences of the last 10 years.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2021, 11:59:51 AM »

Amazing game btw.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's one of those game I go back too every now and then. Amazing game and the atmosphere is stunning and in VR it's... :omg:
Nothing quite like it to be honest which also is a bit surprising given it's popularity.

I recommend you get Below Zero.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2021, 03:19:20 PM »

Amazing game btw.
I wholeheartedly agree, it's one of those game I go back too every now and then. Amazing game and the atmosphere is stunning and in VR it's... :omg:
Nothing quite like it to be honest which also is a bit surprising given it's popularity.

I recommend you get Below Zero.
I have Below Zero, but I won't be getting to it for a while.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #835 on: May 17, 2021, 09:16:26 AM »
Subnautica was awesome indeed.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline faizoff

« Reply #836 on: May 17, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »
I have Subnautica too but want to finish my other games before getting to it.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #837 on: May 18, 2021, 03:50:03 PM »
I have Subnautica too but want to finish my other games before getting to it.

If I said that about all the games I haven't finished, I'd be finishing my other games for the rest of my life.  :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #838 on: May 18, 2021, 10:11:51 PM »
Lol true, but this time I'm actually playing and finishing them. I switch back and forth between Tomb Raider (2013) and Portal reloaded.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #839 on: May 18, 2021, 11:38:31 PM »
I'm in between some games, but currently focused on replaying Metroid Prime (the Trilogy version) after so many years. Feels good to be back.

I'm itching for them to re-release those for the Switch

I've played through the Prime games a couple times, both on GCN (the first two) and then on Wii. Awesome games. I cannot imagine playing through them again, even if/when released on Switch though. But bring on Prime 4!!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'