Author Topic: The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Schools Out!!!  (Read 57851 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Hanging a Theologian!
« Reply #2240 on: October 18, 2023, 04:57:14 AM »
First Listen Impressions

1. Glasser-Shadrane I liked this more and more as it went on.

2. Puppies- Adremelch Wait..did you send me a song where the guy is actually…singing?

3. Ariich -Primordial This was powerful and cool as shit.

4. Lonestar-Batushka This had me nervous at first, but ended up being pretty cool.

5. Oustanding. Loved a lot of this.

6. Faizoff-Lamb Of God Oof, the vocals.

7. Jingle.Boy-Affector Solid as all hell.

8. Lithojazzosphere-Deliverance Old school and chunky!

9. Romdrums-Revocation This is riffalicious.

10. Wolfking-Uada Solid black metal.

11. Twosuitsluke-Ghost This was surprisingly quite enjoyable.

12. Soupytwist-Seven Spires This very pleasantly surprised me.

13. Kingshmegland-Extreme It’s not bad, but it’s kind of just there.

14. Stadler-U2 Surprised at how much I liked this.

15. Nick-Saviour Machine Really enjoyable. No idea where it’ll place.

16. Wait, what happened to the smooth silky voice I was just listening to? Where’d he go?

17. Reminds me a little of U2. Which is neither good or bad.

18. Tomislav-3 Interesting track with some unique vocals

Jamesman
Reaper
Lethean
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 09:53:39 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2241 on: October 18, 2023, 05:14:51 AM »
12?

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #2242 on: October 18, 2023, 05:17:00 AM »
18?
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2243 on: October 18, 2023, 05:17:50 AM »
12?

yeah, it's kind of a generic impression, but like I said earlier, that's how I felt about most of the songs.

18?

Yes
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2244 on: October 18, 2023, 05:22:07 AM »
Sending Lamb of God is a bold move. I do love me some LoG though, not gonna lie. Faizoff, you should've sent Walk With Me in Hell though, that song fuckin' rules :metal

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2245 on: October 18, 2023, 05:23:48 AM »
12?

yeah, it's kind of a generic impression, but like I said earlier, that's how I felt about most of the songs.

Pleasantly surprised because Lithozzo tried to tank it  :D

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2246 on: October 18, 2023, 06:01:35 AM »
:metal

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #2247 on: October 18, 2023, 06:51:43 AM »
Sending Lamb of God is a bold move. I do love me some LoG though, not gonna lie. Faizoff, you should've sent Walk With Me in Hell though, that song fuckin' rules :metal

Yeah I know, I've sent LoG to TAC before, can't remember which one song and not in his wheelhouse. and yes Walk with me in Hell rules.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2248 on: October 18, 2023, 07:00:21 AM »

Yeah I know, I've sent LoG to TAC before, can't remember which one song and not in his wheelhouse. and yes Walk with me in Hell rules.

I know in roulettes we keep a score, and I also know people put a lot of work into trying to score well, but most importantly, roulettes to me are about fellowship and sharing. I appreciate getting a band like LoG, even if they may not "score well", because it forces me to dig in to at least one song of theirs and evaluate it fairly, instead of simply hearing a snippet and dismissing it. There's actually a lot about LoG to like.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2249 on: October 18, 2023, 07:25:30 AM »

I know in roulettes we keep a score, and I also know people put a lot of work into trying to score well, but most importantly, roulettes to me are about fellowship and sharing. I appreciate getting a band like LoG, even if they may not "score well", because it forces me to dig in to at least one song of theirs and evaluate it fairly, instead of simply hearing a snippet and dismissing it. There's actually a lot about LoG to like.

This is me; I rarely finish in the top half of any of the roulettes I'm in, because I spend almost zero time - with a few exceptions, which usually fail spectacularly - trying to guess what the host will like, but rather, focusing on what the themes inspire in me, so I can share that.  Usually it's just as spectacular a fail, but once in a blue moon I send something that resonates and it makes it all worth while.

(Though for the life of me I can't believe Wild Horses didn't score an 11; Jimmy Bain and Brian Robertson for god's sake, with Neil Carter and Clive Edwards of UFO, and one of the songs co-written by Phil Lynott. I thought that was my finest hour in terms of "playing the game."   WTF?  HAHA :) :) :) :) :) :))

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2250 on: October 18, 2023, 07:32:22 AM »

(Though for the life of me I can't believe Wild Horses didn't score an 11; Jimmy Bain and Brian Robertson for god's sake, with Neil Carter and Clive Edwards of UFO, and one of the songs co-written by Phil Lynott. I thought that was my finest hour in terms of "playing the game."   WTF?  HAHA :) :) :) :) :) :))

That's kind of like saying that Wicked Lester should score an 11! Actually, you'd probably say that too. :lol

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2251 on: October 18, 2023, 07:36:44 AM »

I can read between the lines and I hear you loud and clear. I know who you're really talking about, and don't worry, they're releasing a new album just in time for the current events round.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2252 on: October 18, 2023, 07:38:42 AM »

That's kind of like saying that Wicked Lester should score an 11! Actually, you'd probably say that too. :lol

Depends on the song; the early version of "She" is killer. ;) :) : ) :) :)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2253 on: October 18, 2023, 07:48:07 AM »

I can read between the lines and I hear you loud and clear. I know who you're really talking about, and don't worry, they're releasing a new album just in time for the current events round.
:rollin

MAKE IT STOP

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2254 on: October 18, 2023, 07:48:27 AM »

Dokken may not be banned, but the fact that they aren't probably says something about his opinion of them.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2255 on: October 18, 2023, 08:15:09 AM »

Depends on the song; the early version of "She" is killer. ;) :) : ) :) :)

One of my least favorite Kiss songs, of course. :lol

:rollin

MAKE IT STOP

Yeah, no shit! :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2256 on: October 18, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »

Dokken may not be banned, but the fact that they aren't probably says something about his opinion of them.

If someone sent Dokken, it would depend on the song if it gets banned or not. Obviously, I know quite a bit of their stuff, and saw them a bunch of times between 1986 and 1995.

Generally, I find them a tad unsatisfying. Not sure if it was their production or not, but there's just something missing with them.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #2257 on: October 18, 2023, 09:51:56 AM »
So I think mine would have to be 5 or 9. Big brain guesses, I know!  :biggrin:
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2258 on: October 18, 2023, 09:53:52 AM »
So I think mine would have to be 5 or 9. Big brain guesses, I know!  :biggrin:

yes, 9!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2259 on: October 18, 2023, 11:10:34 AM »
Just to tie this one up..

First Listen Impressions

1. Glasser-Shadrane I liked this more and more as it went on.

2. Puppies- Adremelch Wait..did you send me a song where the guy is actually…singing?

3. Ariich -Primordial This was powerful and cool as shit.

4. Lonestar-Batushka This had me nervous at first, but ended up being pretty cool.

5. Lethean-Angra Oustanding. Loved a lot of this.

6. Faizoff-Lamb Of God Oof, the vocals.

7. Jingle.Boy-Affector Solid as all hell.

8. Lithojazzosphere-Deliverance Old school and chunky!

9. Romdrums-Revocation This is riffalicious.

10. Wolfking-Uada Solid black metal.

11. Twosuitsluke-Ghost This was surprisingly quite enjoyable.

12. Soupytwist-Seven Spires This very pleasantly surprised me.

13. Kingshmegland-Extreme It’s not bad, but it’s kind of just there.

14. Stadler-U2 Surprised at how much I liked this.

15. Nick-Saviour Machine Really enjoyable. No idea where it’ll place.

16. Reaper-Temple Of The Dog Wait, what happened to the smooth silky voice I was just listening to? Where’d he go?

17. Jamesman-Thrice Reminds me a little of U2. Which is neither good or bad.

18. Tomislav-3 Interesting track with some unique vocals

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2260 on: October 18, 2023, 12:37:42 PM »
Wow that's really promising.  Especially for a song so unmemorable the first time around that you forgot to ban it. :)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2261 on: October 18, 2023, 12:50:45 PM »
Wow that's really promising.  Especially for a song so unmemorable the first time around that you forgot to ban it. :)
It scored really well the first time around  :yeahright
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2262 on: October 18, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »
So I pretty much scratched out the writeups.

Gonna spend the rest of the afternoon trying to stack these.

I might have Sister Song comparisons later today, but that's if I'm really comfortable with my Stack.

EDIT: The Stack went pretty easily. I have a 10, but have to decide between four songs for the three 9's.
Everyone else is set.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 01:04:29 PM by TAC »

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2263 on: October 18, 2023, 02:02:40 PM »
As far as the current events round can it be just a new song that lets say someone is going through or battling at this time? I'm not a politics dude nor do I follow pop culture. ....

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2264 on: October 18, 2023, 02:04:00 PM »
As far as the current events round can it be just a new song that lets say someone is going through or battling at this time? I'm not a politics dude nor do I follow pop culture. ....
It's just any song that was released this year.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2265 on: October 18, 2023, 02:04:17 PM »

It's just any song released this year mate, no theme required.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2266 on: October 18, 2023, 02:08:33 PM »

It's just any song released this year mate, no theme required.

Oh perfect! Thanks my friend!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2267 on: October 18, 2023, 02:14:27 PM »

From the OP...

Period 7. Current Events - Songs from 2023

Also, besides the regular banned list, these albums are also banned...

2023 Banned List

Air Raid
All Against
Anthem
Ashrain
Blackbraid
Blackscape
Catalyst
Celestial Wizard
Cursebinder
Fleshvessel
Harboured
Hellripper
Horn
Hwaino
Kalmah
King Gizzard
Lumsk
Majesties
Median
Megaton Sword
OK Goodnight
Phil Campbell And The Bastard Sons
Project Roenwolfe
Sacred Outcry
Smoulder
Triple Kill
Tygers Of Pan Tang
Wings Of Steel
Witch Hazel
Witchripper
Withering Scorn
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 02:20:12 PM by TAC »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2268 on: October 18, 2023, 02:17:13 PM »
Shit, I forgot all about the Withering Scorn.  I need to listen to that.

Hellripper!  :metal

Offline Glasser

« Reply #2269 on: October 18, 2023, 02:22:26 PM »
Shit, I forgot all about the Withering Scorn.  I need to listen to that.

Hellripper!  :metal

Excellent album!  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2270 on: October 18, 2023, 02:27:52 PM »
I added All Against. I remember listening and commenting on that album after my surgery. Partnered great with my Tramadol. :lol

Check that out if anyone wants to hear some  :metal angry heavy metal  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2271 on: October 18, 2023, 02:28:52 PM »
Lil Yachty or Young Nudy.  Lil Yachty or Young Nudy?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2272 on: October 18, 2023, 02:30:51 PM »
Lil Yachty or Young Nudy.  Lil Yachty or Young Nudy?

I think you're responding to Lonestar's last post in the Twitter thread. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2273 on: October 18, 2023, 02:52:18 PM »
Sent for 2023 round.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: October 18, 2023, 05:45:09 PM »
I added All Against. I remember listening and commenting on that album after my surgery. Partnered great with my Tramadol. :lol

Check that out if anyone wants to hear some  :metal angry heavy metal  :metal

I felt my ears burning and immediately came into this thread.