Author Topic: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN  (Read 70962 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: NHL 2022-2023: FA July 13th - LET IT BEGIN
« Reply #1505 on: May 05, 2023, 07:25:31 AM »
Bobrovsky won that game in the third period. The guy was incredible.

The Panthers are good. I dreaded playing them from the beginning. If Bobrovsky can keep this up, who's going to beat them?

I don't really have any team remaining that I have any affinity for; MAYBE Edmonton, but I don't like McDavid all that much; that would ONLY be because I really like Draisaitl, MAYBE Dallas, only because I like a couple of their players, including Oettinger, and my daughter goes to school there.   But I REALLY like Paul Maurice, and I'm really liking Tkachuk, Bobrovsky, and Bennett.   I don't like Montour - pussy - and I don't WANT to like Gudas, but man, you really have to respect how tough and unrelenting he is.  He's a brick friggin' wall in these playoffs so far. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1506 on: May 05, 2023, 09:34:51 AM »
I don't like McDavid all that much; that would ONLY be because I really like Draisaitl....  I don't like Montour - pussy

I don't care for McDavid, but I despite Draisaitl:  https://youtu.be/AjvF-l_yagc

I'm 100% behind Dallas in the west.  Definitely Toronto in the east, although I'm pretty ambivalent about Carolina and NJ.  Mostly, I just want exciting games.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1507 on: May 05, 2023, 10:21:04 AM »
I don't like McDavid all that much; that would ONLY be because I really like Draisaitl....  I don't like Montour - pussy

I don't care for McDavid, but I despite Draisaitl:  https://youtu.be/AjvF-l_yagc

I'm 100% behind Dallas in the west.  Definitely Toronto in the east, although I'm pretty ambivalent about Carolina and NJ.  Mostly, I just want exciting games.

So....you despise a player for a single interview where they showed clear frustration with a reporter? The one instance in their 8 year career? And an interview from more than a year ago?

I get that you don't like the team given they beat LA all season long, and at the most important time of the year; but this just seems like grasping at straws.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1508 on: May 05, 2023, 10:34:01 AM »
I mean I hate McDavid for inadvertently taking out Mikey Anderson (and boarded Kempe in 2021 that got McDavid ejected) and I got nothing against Leon.  Draisaitl is so great in these playoffs and always finds a way to be in perfect position to get his goals.  I hate Evander Kane for x,y,z reasons, but I don't wish anything malicious to him or to fans of his.  Just wish him all the best in his legal issues and whatnot.

That being said, the regular season series was 2-2 and one of those those games the Kings won, they were 6 for 6 on the PK.  I wished they approached the PK from that game in the playoff series and would have made things enjoyable to watch on that front rather than be nervous all the time.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1509 on: May 05, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
Oh gawd ... THAT interview again.  Leon had every right to spit back at Matheson - who was being a troll in that scrum.  Dumb ass questions... fucking amateur 8-year olds could ask better questions than Matheson did on that night. 

Try asking those questions of Sutter or Torts and see the reaction  :rollin :rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1510 on: May 05, 2023, 10:59:14 AM »
Anyone see the interview with Samsanov after the game yesterday? It was great.....he said all the right things then a reporter asked him what he thought about how well Bobrovsky was playing and he said "I don't give a fuck"  :lol    He followed it up with he's focused on his game....I'm focused on mine. But it was funny.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YSzb6vLyd0   
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1511 on: May 05, 2023, 11:22:31 AM »
I mean I hate McDavid for inadvertently taking out Mikey Anderson (and boarded Kempe in 2021 that got McDavid ejected) and I got nothing against Leon.  Draisaitl is so great in these playoffs and always finds a way to be in perfect position to get his goals. I hate Evander Kane for x,y,z reasons, but I don't wish anything malicious to him or to fans of his.  Just wish him all the best in his legal issues and whatnot.

That being said, the regular season series was 2-2 and one of those those games the Kings won, they were 6 for 6 on the PK.  I wished they approached the PK from that game in the playoff series and would have made things enjoyable to watch on that front rather than be nervous all the time.

Exactly. There's plenty of players out there who given ample reason to dislike them, and Kane is right near the top of that list. Getting short with interview questions doesn't even crack the top 10 considering some of the shit current NHL players have done.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1512 on: May 05, 2023, 01:51:02 PM »
So....you despise a player for a single interview where they showed clear frustration with a reporter? The one instance in their 8 year career? And an interview from more than a year ago?

I get that you don't like the team given they beat LA all season long, and at the most important time of the year; but this just seems like grasping at straws.

I'm pretty sure that, if you re-read my post, I didn't say that was the only reason I despise him.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1513 on: May 05, 2023, 02:18:58 PM »
Oh gawd ... THAT interview again.  Leon had every right to spit back at Matheson - who was being a troll in that scrum.  Dumb ass questions... fucking amateur 8-year olds could ask better questions than Matheson did on that night. 

Try asking those questions of Sutter or Torts and see the reaction  :rollin :rollin

I'm with you.  I thought Draisaitl handled that as well as could be expected.  Those were horrible questions even if there wasn't anything veiled there, and there was CLEARLY something veiled there (I don't know if they've had run ins before, but it sounds like it).

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1514 on: May 05, 2023, 02:23:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure that, if you re-read my post, I didn't say that was the only reason I despise him.

Pretty sure I didn't miss anything. Your post is just a link to the youtube video of the interview in question. Maybe you have a whole host of other reasons you didn't feel like sharing, but the post is quite clear in the context you provided. No need to get pissy about it  ;)

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1515 on: May 05, 2023, 10:06:34 PM »
I hate to say it, but right now, I think, both series in the east will end up in a sweep. Meanwhile, I think both West series will battle it out to seven games. But we will see what happens. That just means the western teams are going to be a lot more tired.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1516 on: May 06, 2023, 07:54:43 PM »
Glad game 2 is a rout. I did not want the Oil to go down 2-0 to Vegas.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #1517 on: May 06, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »
The NHL record for most goals in a playoff year is 19 set back in 75-76 by Reggie Leach. Draisaitl has 13G through 8 games.  I think he can easily beat that record if the Oil make a deep run. He's having a wild playoffs this year.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1518 on: May 07, 2023, 05:12:52 AM »
The NHL record for most goals in a playoff year is 19 set back in 75-76 by Reggie Leach. Draisaitl has 13G through 8 games.  I think he can easily beat that record if the Oil make a deep run. He's having a wild playoffs this year.

God tier is what it is.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1519 on: May 07, 2023, 06:47:08 AM »
He's on another level right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1520 on: May 07, 2023, 07:07:47 AM »
Gerard Gallant out in NY.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: May 07, 2023, 07:10:47 AM »
His time was short-lived.  That team definitely underperformed this post-season.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1522 on: May 07, 2023, 07:28:44 AM »
His time was short-lived.  That team definitely underperformed this post-season.

I never thought they were that good to begin with, though they did load up at the trade deadline.

I'm sorry, but I simply don't get the Adam Fox love. I really try and key in on him when the Rangers are on, and well, I don't get it. He's solid for sure, but Norris caliber? It doesn't jump out at me, that's for sure. To be fair, I'm unfamiliar with his stats compared to other D-men.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1523 on: May 07, 2023, 09:19:20 AM »
The Norris candidates this year are Fox, Makar, and Erik Karlsson.  I get why Karlsson is on it since he achieved something extremely rare for a defensemen and that's to score 100 points in a season. 

That being said, I feel like guys like Rasmus Dahlin and Miro Heiskanen got snubbed.  Like we all know how great Makar is, but I question the legitimacy of the voters that throws these nominations in when Makar only played 60 games this season while guys like Dahlin and Heiskanen played around 75-80 games and still rack up 70+ points and averaged 25+ minutes on ice a game. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:26:01 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1524 on: May 07, 2023, 09:27:50 AM »
The Norris candidates this year are Fox, Makar, and Erik Karlsson.  I get why Karlsson is on it since he achieved something extremely rare for a defensemen and that's to score 100 points in a season. 

That being said, I feel like guys like Rasmus Dahlin and Miro Heiskanen got snubbed.  Like we all know how great Makar is, but I question the legitimacy of the voters that throws these nominations in when Makar only played 60 games this season while guys like Dahlin and Heiskanen played around 75-80 games and still rack up 70+ points.

I know a lot of these awards feel almost reputation based. I can see the eyerolls around the league seeing Bergeron up for the Selke again (although it's a privilege to watch that guy play on a regular basis).

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1525 on: May 07, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
^ Agreed. Dahlin got screwed this year. What did Fox actually do?

They really need two d-men awards. One for the best offensive defenseman, and one for best all around. Just like the forward have the Selke, the blue line needs a similar/mirror category.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1526 on: May 07, 2023, 11:20:47 AM »
They really need two d-men awards. One for the best offensive defenseman, and one for best all around. Just like the forward have the Selke, the blue line needs a similar/mirror category.

I've been saying this for years. On what planet was Erik Karlsson ever the best DEFENCEman?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1527 on: May 07, 2023, 11:25:13 AM »
People are just way too fixated on reputation and the point totals rather than actually evaluate the year by itself.

That being said, people can't ignore Karlsson's season this year.  100 points by a defensemen is a rare hill to climb even though the actual defense part in his game is not there, but him having a shut-down capabilities is not what the Sharks pay him the big bucks for.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: May 07, 2023, 11:28:11 AM »

I've been saying this for years. On what planet was Erik Karlsson ever the best DEFENCEman?

Defensman is just a title. He was the best player labeled as a defenseman. Not to be confused with the best defensive player that starts the face off behind the puck drop.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1529 on: May 07, 2023, 11:30:50 AM »

Defensman is just a title. He was the best player labeled as a defenseman. Not to be confused with the best defensive player that starts the face off behind the puck drop.

I mean, if you (not you, but general) were starting a team, who'd be the first D-man off the board? I think if your first pick is Karlsson, then sure, give him the Norris.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1530 on: May 07, 2023, 11:33:44 AM »
I think I saw a stat yesterday that Draisaitl joined Gretzky and Lemieux in the club of people to rack up 50 points in a 25 game playoff stretch, dude is just on another level right now.

Meanwhile, round 2 could not have started off worse for the Devils. I wasn't too shocked with game 1, we had a young, inexperienced team on the road and fresh off an intense 7 game series against a veteran, disciplined, and well-rested team at home. I was disappointed that we took just as much of a beating in game 2. Back on home ice this afternoon and with some lineup changes, time to see if we can put up any fight in this series.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1531 on: May 07, 2023, 07:02:37 PM »
This third period between Toronto and Florida is just amazing!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1532 on: May 07, 2023, 07:07:20 PM »
Good grief! I don’t believe in being ticky tack, and calling every little thing, and slowing down the game, but this is almost the other extreme. I’ve seen so many blatant penalties by both sides, and no one’s calling anything!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1533 on: May 07, 2023, 07:09:34 PM »
This third period between Toronto and Florida is just amazing!

It's been a great game so far.

OT!!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1534 on: May 07, 2023, 07:36:46 PM »
Boy, losing the way the Panthers did last year must have really given them the kick in the ass they needed, because they having been rolling at the right times now and Bob is playing well when they need him to be.

3-0 lead.  Now the Leafs needs to do one of the very hardest thing to do and I don't see this Panthers team collapsing and getting reversed sweep.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 07:44:56 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1535 on: May 07, 2023, 08:13:29 PM »
At least I can go back to just enjoying hockey for the sake of the game. I just hope the Leafs don’t get swept.  I’ve no delusions they can be the 6th team in history to come back from 3-0, but just don’t get swept.

They’ve been in every game, and Woll did an admirable job tonight.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1536 on: May 07, 2023, 08:50:21 PM »
SO! Anyone watching the late game? I’m pretty happy at the moment!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: May 07, 2023, 08:59:27 PM »
What the actual fuq?  When did Oettinger become a sieve?

Kudos to the Kraken!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1538 on: May 07, 2023, 10:17:03 PM »
I’m shocked!

Loving it…but shocked!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1539 on: May 07, 2023, 10:44:21 PM »
Just curious…because having a home team is new to us.

But I took not a little bit of pride, when the commentators after the game happened to mention how loud the Seattle crowd is.

This really made my heart beam, because it takes me back to the ‘83 Seahawks in the Kingdome.   We were the first crowd in the NFL to be flagged for delay of game (because of John Elway’s whining) and we are the first crowd that I know of to actually gain a legendary reputation for our volume level. So to hear the commentators acknowledge that it’s hard to play in Seattle because of the noise level made me so happy.

It takes me back to when I was actually in the Kingdome at a Seahawks game, and I *literally* had to scream directly in the ear of the person I came with in order to have a conversation because the crowd noise was so overpowering.

I’m not saying we are “the loudest” because I have no idea. But hearing the commentary that it was an issue if you come to Seattle gave me a moment of home town pride.

So I’m asking sincerely. Does crowd enthusiasm and/or noise enter into the game as much as it does with other sports? Do we *potentially* have an advantage in that department if it’s even true?