Author Topic: 2022 NFL Thread (Chiefs win Super Bowl 57)  (Read 103016 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 2022 NFL Thread (R.I.P. NFL)
« Reply #1400 on: November 13, 2022, 06:47:47 AM »
Only in conspiracists minds.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1401 on: November 13, 2022, 09:50:57 AM »
And in the NBA.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1402 on: November 13, 2022, 10:19:04 AM »
I have never thought that there was an actual organized conspiracy to play favorites in the NFL. But having said that, I do believe that it is impossible for all officials everywhere to be 100% objective. Whether consciously or subconsciously, I have a feeling that refs are people to and their feelings get involved.

The short version: they play favorites.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: November 13, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »
You had an NBA ref, who owed money to the mob tanking games. Tom Brady doesn't have that worry.

Well, how much did Gisele get? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2022, 11:09:01 AM »
That game was a good example of how you can't always look at numbers to determine who played well or better.  Geno Smith was bad for most of the game, but ended up with good numbers overall thanks to two late scores after they were down by 18 in the 4th quarter. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1405 on: November 13, 2022, 01:38:43 PM »
I know he's competitive and all, but Josh Allen has no business trying to tackle anybody. That was a terrible decision.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: November 13, 2022, 02:17:14 PM »
Vikings/Bills was nuts!!  What an ending!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1407 on: November 13, 2022, 02:25:31 PM »
Was?  It still is!

Game of the year.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1408 on: November 13, 2022, 02:33:22 PM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1409 on: November 13, 2022, 02:33:52 PM »
Yup!  I haven't yelled at the TV like this in a long time!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1410 on: November 13, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »

And FUCKING Fox switched me over to the START of the FUCKING Rams game just as OT was starting.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2022, 02:38:28 PM »
Justin Jefferson  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: November 13, 2022, 02:45:24 PM »

And FUCKING Fox switched me over to the START of the FUCKING Rams game just as OT was starting.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!

Still seeing the plays on Red Zone. Totally worth the money.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1413 on: November 13, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1414 on: November 13, 2022, 02:49:43 PM »
Now it rings true.  Jostradamus.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1415 on: November 13, 2022, 02:53:10 PM »
Christ, what a game. That was great.

First game I watched on broadcast TV all year, and they pulled that shit. Thankfully I'd been stealing broadcasts all year so it was an easy enough switch to get back to it. But man, I'd be furious if I were stuck with that nonsense. Sports broadcast rules are ridiculous.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1416 on: November 13, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »
As great as Josh Allen is, he turns it over too much.

With all due respect to Tyreek Hill and Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson might be the best WR in football now.

And maybe Kirk Cousins will finally get some respect, but I doubt it.

Online faizoff

« Reply #1417 on: November 13, 2022, 03:56:29 PM »
I watched that Vikings-Bills all the way until the Vikings turned it over on downs with like 30-40 seconds left. I thought, tough luck Vikes, Bills got it in the end. Had no clue Vikings would win it in the end. That will teach me to not turn off the game until the finale whistle is blown..

At least the Bucs played competently today. They almost lost it in the end but got a good momentum going. Hopefully the bye week doesn't derail them again.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1418 on: November 13, 2022, 04:57:58 PM »

With all due respect to Tyreek Hill and Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson might be the best WR in football now.

And maybe Kirk Cousins will finally get some respect, but I doubt it.

You know they BOTH threw two interceptions.  Just saying both QBs seemed equal in that department today.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: November 13, 2022, 05:13:42 PM »
Kev is commenting on Allen snd his status. Not at the game in hand. 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1420 on: November 13, 2022, 06:05:17 PM »
Lifelong Vikings fan here. I finally think the Vikings are for real this season. Probably not Super Bowl real, but deep run in the playoffs real at least.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #1421 on: November 13, 2022, 06:24:32 PM »

Yes, that game was insane!

And the Packers are back! (well not really but always great to beat Dallas)

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #1422 on: November 13, 2022, 08:27:04 PM »
Lifelong Vikings fan here. I finally think the Vikings are for real this season. Probably not Super Bowl real, but deep run in the playoffs real at least.

they have more comeback in them, than maybe any other Vikings team I recall. However, I'm not convinced yet that they can translate that to a run to the Super Bowl. Also the fact Philadelphia also has a 2-game edge on them still given they are still 8-0 and beat them, pretty handily.

If the Vikings had to play in Philadelphia in the playoffs, I would assume they would lose. 2017 and Nick Foles?..nuff said.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1423 on: November 13, 2022, 08:45:47 PM »
Here to eat crow, the game was decided not by penalties but by Geno fumbling in the red zone and Brady getting 161 yards of rushing support compared to 17 for Geno  ::). A couple uncalled pushoffs but nothing egregious. Gotta laugh though at Brady’s chutzpah wanting to try the Philly special again and failing miserably again  :lol.

Bills fall to 3rd place, KC now the #1 seed. Who could’ve seen that coming? And great wins for a couple guys who get crapped on way too much, Cousins and Goff.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1424 on: November 13, 2022, 09:12:43 PM »
Update:

Josh McDaniels is now 7-24 in his last 31 games as NFL head coach, and today's was a good one, losing a home game to a team that had been in freefall and whose interim head coach had zero coaching experience in the NFL prior today.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1425 on: November 13, 2022, 09:53:55 PM »
Update:

Josh McDaniels is now 7-24 in his last 31 games as NFL head coach, and today's was a good one, losing a home game to a team that had been in freefall and whose interim head coach had zero coaching experience in the NFL prior today.  :rollin :rollin :rollin
Insofar as this season goes, I have no idea how much of it is him sucking and how much is just bad breaks. At this point, though, it no longer matters. Davis probably wants to give him until the end of the season to see if he can turn things around, but that's unlikely to happen. In all likelihood he's a black Monday casualty. If the team completely implodes, like 2010 Dallas, he won't last that long, but it seems like they really want to try for him (unlike 2010 Dallas  :lol).
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1426 on: November 14, 2022, 05:55:37 AM »
Update:

Insofar as this season goes, I have no idea how much of it is him sucking and how much is just bad breaks. At this point, though, it no longer matters. Davis probably wants to give him until the end of the season to see if he can turn things around, but that's unlikely to happen. In all likelihood he's a black Monday casualty. If the team completely implodes, like 2010 Dallas, he won't last that long, but it seems like they really want to try for him (unlike 2010 Dallas  :lol).

I think I said it here last year that the Raiders should have held on to Rich Bisaccia, the interim head coach who took over last year once Gruden took the fall.  Bisaccia did a great job in keeping the team together considering all the turmoil and even got them to the playoffs, but, no, the Raiders wanted a big name and a splash. Well, they got one, and this is the result. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: November 14, 2022, 06:36:30 AM »
It's so weird to see a very good OC that can't translate to a good head couch but Josh may be that prime example. 

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: November 14, 2022, 06:49:43 AM »
Update:

I think I said it here last year that the Raiders should have held on to Rich Bisaccia, the interim head coach who took over last year once Gruden took the fall.  Bisaccia did a great job in keeping the team together considering all the turmoil and even got them to the playoffs, but, no, the Raiders wanted a big name and a splash. Well, they got one, and this is the result.

The Raiders were 7-1 last year in games decided by three points or less, with three of those wins in OT.  The NFL more often than not is 'cruel' and likes to even things out over time.  I'm simply talking about the breaks.  That said, they've given three games away, and aren't coming up big in the clutch.  And, yes, Bisaccia should have been the HC this year, no argument there.

That 4th down catch was amazing!  Yet, all the defender had to do was swipe it away, not try to intercept.  btw, that Diggs' one hander was pretty good too :tup

Josh Allen:  the INT on 4th down when it was 27-17 was 'turn about fair play'.  John Harbaugh made that same decision against the Bills, and Lamar threw a 4th and goal at the 2 INT in a tie game with around four minutes to go.  Take the damn points!!!!

The Bills would have been up 30-17 with ten minutes to go.  All you need is another FG to basically put the game away, or to take the lead if you give up two consecutive TDs.   

There's a reason Brandon Staley and the Chargers are what their record actually is, and it's this type of mostly illogical thinking.

Yup....ANALytics  :facepalm:
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1429 on: November 14, 2022, 08:21:23 AM »
It's always a good Sunday when the Giants win and the Cowboys lose.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1430 on: November 14, 2022, 09:41:37 AM »
Interesting stat: before yesterday, the Cowboys had been 195-0 all time when leading by 14 at the start of the fourth quarter.

Oh well.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1431 on: November 14, 2022, 09:58:14 AM »
Christ, what a game. That was great.

First game I watched on broadcast TV all year, and they pulled that shit. Thankfully I'd been stealing broadcasts all year so it was an easy enough switch to get back to it. But man, I'd be furious if I were stuck with that nonsense. Sports broadcast rules are ridiculous.

Fortunately, my kid has taken to watching games this year...on his computer, and he shares his screen with his video gaming friends.  He pulled up the game on his phone so we could watch to the end.

Both of the interceptions that Allen threw to Patrick Peterson were inexcusable.  And there were three catches in that game that were absolutely ridiculous.

Also, Russell Wilson is making me pine for Brock Osweiler.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1432 on: November 14, 2022, 10:08:07 AM »
I'm disagree with those calling this the "game of the year," "game of the week," etc.  Yeah, the unpredictability of it all made it kind of interesting.  But when the game is unpredictable just because the two teams are committing game-changing mistakes at a record pace, that doesn't make it a great game. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1433 on: November 14, 2022, 02:59:07 PM »
Interesting stat: before yesterday, the Cowboys had been 195-0 all time when leading by 14 at the start of the fourth quarter.

Oh well.

Yeah, Dallas always seems to find new ways to fuck themselves.  I think it's a staggering stat that they were actually leading by that much in the 4th qtr for that many games.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2022, 07:31:09 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.